[Original RPG] End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase) Cont'd

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridor, Fort Max

Stratus had been waiting for it to happen, and with his welcome 'officially' worn out from the swat, Stratus zipped off before the hand could make contact with him. The minicon still stayed in the nearby area, though, keeping an eye on things.

As Roadbuster spoke to Aero Blade, the tech gave another slight sigh, wishing he could just completely escape from the situation and never be seen again. However, that was not the case, and Aero wasn't in any condition to put up another fight with Roadbuster. Resided to his fate for the moment, Aero made a slight guesture that could be interpretted as a 'yes', albeit seemingly unwillingly.

Medbay, Fort Max

Wing Saber continued to lay as he was, letting the medics do their work while he just replayed all the details in his processor of the recient incident, just trying to decipher things.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Tracks: -gleaming and in mint condition from just having stepped out of the CR chamber, cocks eyebrow- "Don't mistake awe for disgusted facination with the uncouth ramblings of an ineffectual egotist." -stands- "It's attitudes like yours that make me wonder about where we're all headed sometimes." -heads out of medbay-

Minerva and Fixit: -still working on Wing Saber-

Nightbeat: -activates commlink- "Chromedome, meet me in the security office. I need to check a few things."

Chromedome: -over commlink- "I'll meet you there, Captain."

Nightbeat: -deactivates commlink, waves at Minerva- "See you later, sis." -walks out of medbay-

Outside:

Nebulon: -running after the skiff, staying as close as he can-

Security Briefing Room, Fort Max:

Prime: -walks in- "What have you got, Prowl?"

Turbolift, Fort Max:

Ironhide: -beginning to think he needs to get his message service straightened out, nods- "Awlrahght, Scattershot, gimme a status report. How're you an' your team doin'?"

Bridge, Fort Max:

Fortress: -checking his sensors- "Looks like the stragglers are boarding now. Anybody still outside can get to the moon under their own power."

Grimlock: -nods, sits in command chair- "Give them order to launch." -picks up datapadd- "Me think we should orbit once, have sensors going at full, make sure 'Cons not leave anybody behind."

Fortress: -nodding- "Makes sense.... but it's not the best way to start out a truce."

Grimlock: -shakes head- "All this, just temporary. Best not fool ourselves over that."

Corridors, Fort Max:

Roadbuster: "C'mon." -pulls Aero Blade away from the wall, holding him upright so the both of them can walk into medbay- "Remember, they're Cybertronians, just like us. They might play more turbo-golf than we do, but they're metal and myomer, just like everybody else." -chuckles- "Never did figure that game out....."
Aero Blade

Corridors, Fort max

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade just issued another sigh as Roadbuster brought him along, not able to keep up at first and stumbling slightly, but he quickly compensated. Stratus meanwhile just lazily flew overhead, keeping an eye on things.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Rec Area

Jazz turned and laughed heartily at Mirage's idea.

"It's a date, buddy," he sniggered, throwing his arms up on the bar behind him comfortably. "Jus' don't tell Prime about it. It'll be our little surprise!"

Jazz paused to listen to Fortress' announcement over the room's PA, and his mood dropped a little. It seemed a bit surreal that they were finally leaving - and this time, as he understood it, there was no intention of coming back. Jazz turned his head to a nearby monitor playing Sin City and commanded it to switch to the main tower camera. The view was a broad panorama of the surrounding mountain landscape, the sun just beginning to set over the crisp fall foliage.

"Sure am gonna miss the place," Jazz mused softly, mostly to himself while staring at the nearly static image, save the motion of the leaves and the lights of the city. But he caught himself, remembering his company, and turned again to Mirage. "Gonna be nice ta get home too though, eh?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

"To take out this weapon, there are two prominently viable options Optimus, but both rely on exact timing and a lot of skill. I can give the best chances possible for penetration, but the retrieval of the individuals involved is dramatically reduced if any interferance occurs."
Prowl motioned the leader over to the holographic images and maps he had brought up.

Lists of individuals were now neatly arranged in groups on the table along with holograms respective of each Autobot's individual form.

He began showing the detailed design to Prime.

As he finished he added with a solemn expression, "I'll see to giving them the cleanest recovery time possible in either case; but you understand the risks to them and the dangers here to everything else that exists if it's not dealt with at this juncture."

--------------

Rec Area

"It will be, yeah." Mirage replied with a smile. He understood Jazz's fondness for the organic world to an extent. He too had grown somewhat attached to the human friends they had made, but Mirage was very ready to return. Picking up on Jazz's feelings, he glanced at the monitors with a bit of admiration.

"You won't be alone in missing this place Jazz. There are a lot of Autobots who've made this place to be like a home away from home. Throughout our service, it's been "new places, new faces", but there was always home to go back to. We've learned a lot- we're not leaving it all behind, and we're the better for knowing about all of this."

He paused momentarily and grinned.
"How big has your music and video collection gotten to be?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Max Corridor

"Tracks seemed to have lost his sense of humour, i always used to tease him about being better than one another."

Overdrive turned and left Medbay.
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max:

Post by Elcor »

Turbolift to command deck:

Scattershot responded to Ironhide, describing the situation to him:
"Sir, there was an accident about 50 breems ago with two members of my team. First, Afterburner went highwire and attacked Dirge; then, he shot Nightbeat who came to intervene. No more harm was done only because Strafe shot off Afterburner's hands. I was unable to stop them - I was under Ratchet's examination because of memory banks functional disorder.

As a result of this, Grimlock had deemed all Technobots unfit to duty and sent us to medbay. Ratchet had identified the disorder in our systems, but he wasn't able to repair it alone; he had to use our Gestalt merge and told Computron what to do.

The post-repair scans show that everything is in order now, so, we could be brought back to active duty, sir!"

Making a pause for Ironhide to grasp the meaning, he added:
"While I'm reporting this to you, my guys are busy reformatting Jetwave's damage. If Wheeljack will be available, then the reformat will be over soon and my team would be free."

Engineering:

Finishing the work of manufacturing replacement parts for Jetwave, the trio of Technobots waited impatiently for Wheeljack and Lightspeed to bring Jetwave to them.

Medbay:

Having nothing to do, Lightspeed (technobot) just stood in the corner waiting for Wheeljack to finish his operation and get free.

Recreation:

The Motorvators trio had entered the recreation area, spotting Jazz and Mirage there. Not wanting to spoil their conversation, Motorvators got themselves a tumbler of energon each and sat at the far table.

"So, what can you say about that race again?" - Lightspeed was still pestering Flame.

"I tell you - he said that he agrees, but cannot make it right now."

"It figures... We're going to fight for Cybertron soon - and all you think about is that blasted race!" - Gripper snarled.

"Don't you see!.. It's not about race, it's about my name!"

"Even that can wait unil Cybertron will be retaken. Perhaps one of you will die in that war... or both - then who'll be thinking of such stupid matters as name grudge?"

"I shall!" - and Lightspeed, angry that his comrades fail to understand him, finished his energon in one big gulp and got himself another tumbler.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Rec Area

Jazz shot the Motorvators a friendly wave as they sat before turning to Mirage with a grin. He never could turn down a conversation about pop culture. With a magician's charm, he raised one index finger in the air, a panel on his forearm popped open, and he plucked out a tiny rectangular device with a circular control pad and a wee display screen.

"It'd take me months to listen ta everything I got on here. These new iPod Femptos are schnazzy, man! She hooks straight into my stereo when I'm cruisin'. Everything digital goes on here - the new Mizaru album is sick, bro, lemme tell ya."

Jazz returned the device to its compartment with similar grace.

"But for the classics - Johnny Cash, Miles Davis, Hendrix, The Beatles, BB King - ya gotta go vinyl."

Jazz glanced around and leaned in toward Mirage, lowering his voice.

"Don't tell Prime, but that stack'a 'human historical records' in storage? Yeah, they're records awright - 45s!"

Jazz burst out laughing and gave Mirage a friendly nudge in the shoulder.

"Oh! I got Harry Potter 17 on the Pod too. Maybe Perceptor can help us project it on the inner wall a' Iacon - we can have a drive-in movie!"
Elcor
Protoform

Rec Area:

Post by Elcor »

The Motorvators returned Jazz's greetings, but Lightspeed came further. He took his energon tumbler and went to the bar stand.

"Greetings, how'ya doin'? Excuse me - what kind of device you had there? Is it a weapon, or what?"

He realized that Mirage and Jazz don't know him, and he tried to correct that:

"Oh sorry, forgot to introduce meself... I'm Lightspeed, I mean the real Lightspeed - not that rusty Technobot who goes by the name! I tell you - the name's mine, and he stole it!"

At the far table, Gripper and Flame exchanged vorried looks.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Outside > Fort Max Corridors

Arriving at the base, Astra backed up to enter, then drove inside and paused a couple of feet from the main entrance, transforming to robot mode as she did so, then turned to make sure the skiff followed her into the base.

Fort Max Medbay

Stepping back, Wheeljack nodded and lowered his tools, calling down to the human "Well, you're all done, Spike, but I'll like to have a field test first, better safe than sorry as I learnt from your race"

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Scout

Post by Scout »

Rec Area

Mirage looked at the chip with a puzzled expression for a moment and the grinned as Jazz launched into an explanation, but when the topics of the movies and hidden cargo came up, he burst out with hearty laughter. In his travels around the citybot, the spy had seen more of Earth culture hidden and stashed than he would've ever told anyone. He shot Jazz a million-dollar grin.

"Should've known you wouldn't be going back home without souveiniers! You and a lot of others." Mirage got a softer smile to take note of Jazz's fondness to the Earth.
As nice as it'll be to get home, I guess this planet wasn't too bad. Movies sound pretty good. The humans sure have some good actors."

He was about to add more about learning from them, but he stopped to give pleasantries to the Motorvators, nodding politely to their entrance.

He answered to the introduction, "Hello Lightspeed," then listened to the rant.
--------------------------

Fort Max Medbay
Spike looked around at the changes with an impressed look.
"Hey thanks! Feels different Wheeljack, but it's comfortable- looks good too. I think that trying it out would be a good idea, but I'm not sure where Hound is at the moment. I heard something about Cuba. We'll try it as soon as we can."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Tracks' Quarters, Fort Max:

Tracks: -walks in, smiling as he sees all the delivered crates, starts checking the packing slips against the contents of the boxes- "Body panels, doors, glass, suspension and engine parts.... it's all here. Now, if I need parts, I can replicate them using these as the base, possibly toughen them up a little as well. Modern technology is a wonderful thing......"

Outside/Fort Max Corridors:

Nebulon: -makes a final, desperate leap, manages to grab onto the back of the skiff, pulls himself up, looking at Stepper, whistling in relief-

Prime: -looking at the details of both plans, optics revealing nothing of the inner struggle he goes through every time a decision like this comes along, nods- "The second plan, Prowl. The ones there are low profile enough that we can slip them aboard without too much trouble."

Turbolift:

Ironhide: -nods- "Awlrahght, Scattershot, get back ta yer team. We're gonna need Jetwave back onlahne soon's we c'n get him."

Medbay, Fort Max:

Roadbuster: -guiding the damaged Aero Blade through the doorway- "Hey, Ratchet, got somebody who needs to see you."

Bridge, Fort Max:

Fortress: -closing the external hatches(after Astra boards with the skiff)bringing the anti-grav engines from standby to full power, activates commlink- "Omega Supreme, Countdown, this is Fortress. We are lifting off. Meet us in orbit. Out."

Grimlock: -checking controls and readings- "Look good so far."

Fortress: -setting the course in- "One pass around the Earth, sensors at full."

Grimlock: "Part of me hope they try to pull fast one."

Fortress: -nods- "You and me both."

Omega Supreme retracted his tank, track, and launched, rising into the air on a pillar of fire, angling straight up towards the edge of the atmosphere as the Maximus headed East, slowly gaining altitude as it went.
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: NPCing Ratchet
Ratchet nodded to Overdrive as he left medbay, but then heard his name called.
"Be right with you."
He turned to see who it was and saw Roadbuster coming in with Aero Blade.

-----------

Security Briefing Room

"Yes Sir. We'll send them while we're in discussions on the Moon." Prowl replied to Optimus. "Now for ground troops, we'll have a much wider opening to get them in once the first team hits the ground. We get them through here and here, *pointing respectively* when the shields are dropped for the first entry. As WW attacks and widens the breach, we have the undercover group attack and then our fastest carriers can work to extract them while the rest of the units are entering. With a bit of slick coating to repel scanning equipment, they likely won't even notice the small team is there and picking up the infiltrators."

Once he was finished outlining the rest of the strategy, he looked to Optimus again.
Aero Blade

Medbay, Fort Max

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade didn't give the Wrecker any trouble leading him in, seemingly exhausted from the previous events, but a moment later and another change occured. Roadbuster would be able to feel Aero change from from being pretty much a limp rag to absolutely rigged from the moment he spotted Ratchet. He made no movements after that, simply standing stock still, optics seemingly glued on the medic.
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max:

Post by Elcor »

Turbolift:

"Thanks, Ironhide!" - Scattershot replied, glad that Ironhide hadn't enquired further into the incident. "We won't fail!"

Stepping out of the turbolift, he activated the comm link.

"Afterburner, had Lightspeed arrived with Jetwave?"

"Not yet."

"I'm going to medbay to hurry him up. Ironhide says that we would require functional Jetwave as soon as we can."

"Roger that, captain."

Putting back the comm link, Scattershot transformed into his jet mode and sped to med bay...

Entering the med bay, he spotted Lightspeed standing aside and came to him.

"Had Wheeljack finished his work?"

"What?.." - Lightspeed asked absentmindedly, as if engrossed in some thought. - "Oh, yes. I was about to come and ask him about Jetwave".

"I'll do it myself", - and Scattershot pushed through the croud of Autobots, coming closer to Spike and Wheeljack.

"Congratulations with the operation, both of you! Now I need to borrow you, Wheeljack, for a while - we've finished manufacturing the replacement parts for Jetwave, according to blueprints, and now it is time for you to assemble them and make the reformat..."
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
verytired

Rec Area

Post by verytired »

Sizzle wondered in, and went to the Bar to order some energon. he watched the interchange between Lightspeed, Jazz and Mirage in uncharicteristic silence.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: Countdown's base and shuttle are in Max's hangar bay... We'll move these guys over to the moon once we get there, da?)

Rec Area

Jazz shuddered a bit when the city lifted off, but it was designed cleverly enough to minimize turbulence for the passengers. He turned to answer Mirage, but stopped himself at Lightspeed's arrival. He smiled along and held up his hands defensively at the mention of the Technobot.

"Hey man, it's cool. We're all friends here, right? Th'other Lightspeed's a good dude. I'm Jazz, bro. This cowboy's Mirage."

Jazz nodded Sizzle toward an empty seat with a grin.

"Hey, good ta see ya mac. Have a seat, get comfy."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max Armoury

Dogfight was satisfied. He had found a pair of clips for his machine gun, a new load of mini missiles for his shoulder- mounted launcher, four new missiles and his recent stay on a CR chamber had repaired his pair of fusion blowtorch blasters.

Grinning, he aproached the door of the Practice bay and looked inside.

" Hey Guzzle, how are you doing? "

---

Fort Max, Lab 101

Skids was too busy with the Quintesson husk he didn't notice the citybot's takeoff. He already had finished the analysis of the Quintesson husk metal composition and started an intensive study of it's characteristics.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Medbay, Fort Max

Ratchet looked Aero Blade up and down once with an assessing expression and then frowned at Roadbuster.

He didn't say anything directly, but the doc was quite certain that Aero's external damage hadn't come from a battlefield.

He grumbled to himself as he glanced around for an empty table. "More work."

He sighed and spoke up so the two could hear him.
"Right. Aero Blade, up on the table. Roadbuster, go - take a break. This place is busier than Iacon hub at rushhour."
Aero Blade

Medbay, Fort Max

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade for the moment remained stock still, enough to make any observer wonder if he'd even heard Ratchet speak up. Though his outside appearance made it seem he'd frozen up, inside Aero's processor was going full tilt.

He knew exactly what he was looking at, it was unmistakable - the expressions, the voice tones, the movements and stances - this wasn't just any old medic, it was the senior doctor, and more often than not, the worst of the lot...

No, Aero wasn't about to respond, not to this guy. He just stayed as he was, his processor ablaze trying to figure out how to get him out of this situation, praying Ratchet didn't decide to approach him.