Comic-Con coverage (galleries etc.) - Titanium Soundwave/Rodimus and more!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ravage
Protoform

Comic Con Stuff

Post by Ravage »

From Tformers.com

New Titanium

Classic Pics

20th Anniversary DVD Edition Optimus Prime

New Attacktix

More Cybertron

Walky's pics

Hasbro panel information

More

Figures.com pics

I must say that new Titanium Soundwave looks sick. As does Starscream. I like Scourge as well as he has that more slick feel to him a bit thin but I will so buy him.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Camarobot
Protoform

Post by Camarobot »

Titanium Rodimus looks pretty rad.
Can't wait to see some higher quality pics.
Zizicez
Protoform

Post by Zizicez »

i agree

they all look very cool

but Rodimus is definitely the best looking, so far

i would buy them all, but so far some are not exactly waht i want

soundwave and scourge have very short legs...

HOW did we not see any prototypes for these, seems like there would have been a leak

god i love that rodimus
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Oh yeah, Titanium Rodimus and Scourge look the business! Not to mention Titanium Soundwave, and a Starscream repaint of T Thundercracker? I think I might start hyperventilating!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Camarobot
Titanium Rodimus looks pretty rad.
Can't wait to see some higher quality pics.

Words cannot describe the awesome feeling I just had when I saw Rodimus. That is how he should have looked in the G1 toy incarnation :3 . I am extremely impressed at the detail they put in for so tiny a collectible!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Now that's better than a Soundwave reissue! :)

Not bad either, although I prefer the Classics Roddy...

They're the larger Titaniums, right?
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

What's up with Unicron in the Cybertron line? Is he a car, what's up with that twist?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Dragon Warrior Steve
What's up with Unicron in the Cybertron line? Is he a car, what's up with that twist?

He's some kind of hover tank.

Plus he's already out in stores, so nothing "new" here. :)

Anyways, Walky's pics show something not seen on TFormers yet - Titanium Nemesis Prime (3").
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Did I mention I want the shiny new Roddy *drool* Every picture I see of that figure (I shant forget Soundwave) just is amazign how they engineered everything correctly, absolutely spectacular!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Hasbro panel information
-Masterpiece Starscream - No plans to release him states side at this time.
-Beast Minicons - still in planning stages, no further details
-All current sublines to begin featuring characters that will be in the new Movie
-20th Prime on display at the Hasbro booth IS plastic, but the version released to stores will be diecast
-Many toy related questions were answered with the answer of BotCon.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost. ... stcount=42
Starscream - Greg stated they couldn't comment on it at this time. They never said it was not coming to the US in the future.

Other questions:

Optimus Trailer

- Aware of Takara's project, no comment

Playsets

- None at this time, may not be cost effective

Cybertron on DVD

- No plans at this time. Boxsets would be better timed around the movie

Various questions about the movie

- Could not comment, except saying the toys would be great and we would see a wide variety of product. also Aaron stated he believes we will really enjoy the movie based on what he has seen.

Alternators

- all Alts for this year on shelves, two in Spring 2007. They are not sure if Alternators will continue during the movie. Better to ask the question again @ Botcon.

Beast Wars Characters

- It was said that these characters will not be forgotten and they will show up in various places. My Speculation: Perhaps the new Beast Minicons

Classics

- Wave 2 will be shown at Botcon.

Heroes of Cybertron PVCs

- Hot Topic and Diamond Distribution. If you missed Prime, Megatron, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus, or Soundwave you will be able to get them at Hot Topic.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=6260
Classics

The original idea behind the Classics line was to find a way back to the roots of the Transformers. Hasbro wanted to offer a new updated version of Generation 1. Looking back to 1984 and focusing on reinvention of the brand - what Transformers are all about. The new line revives classic characters that everyone knows and loves and gives us an updated version if they were to do They wanted to give the toys an animated classic look. Transformers for the first time today utilizing all the technologies that are available. As well as using vehicle styles of today, much like the original ideas behind the G1 line. First wave is showing at SDCC. The second wave will be at BotCon. They will be doing all the characters like Hot Shot and Starscream.

Titanium

The newest thing the team is working on are the new 6-inch and 3-inch Titanium toys. A die-cast line intended for collectors. They are doing odd characters such as Thundercrakcer and Predaking as well as the War Within Seekers. Don Figuroa was credited with working closely with the Hasbro designers on the figures and how they transform saying they were happy he is part of their team.

Alternators

Nemeis Prime was said to be the capper (last release) for the year. Referencing it being for sale at SDCC in very limited quantities.

It was asked what happened with the Bumblebee / VW bug Alternator? Hasbro said that they originally wanted to do Bumblebee as one the initial toys but were not able to secure licenses with the European car companies and get them interested in the idea of seeing their cars as toys. Stating that some of the companies don't like the fact that they turn into robots that fight. It was also said that most of their deals were with American and Japanese companies but they have had a couple of recent successes getting other manufactures on board. It is there hope that once the movie comes out, it will be more widely recognized and will open attract with other car companies.

It was stated that the Alternators for the rest of the year are being show at SDCC and BotCon. There are a few more releases that that will released spring of 2007.

Hasbro was asked about working with Aircraft makers for new figures. They've responded saying they have thrown ideas around putting other vehicles into the line, but the scale is prohibitive at 1:24 as it will not fit in the package. It was stated that “one offs” are still an option they are looking at. They mentioned that this was how the Starscream fig came about.

When asked, Hasbro stated there will be no military vehicles in the line.

Heroes of Cybertron

They will be reproducing several of the Heroes of Cybertron figures for sale at Hot Topic stores. They wanted to offer Transformers toys along with retro t-shirts and apparel. Instead of starting from scratch, they are offering five characters this fall starting with 1st Prime, 1st Megatron, Rodimus, Soundwave and Ultra Magnus. Some other retailers may sign on to carry them as well.

Movie Toys

A question was asked why the movie characters in the movie wont be like the originals. Hasbro responded saying they intend to do new interpretations of the characters to bring them up to date. They will all have elements that we all can recognize in the original characters.

When asked if they toys would be coming out before the movie. Hasbro said it would follow the same pattern as other movie line releases that the product is released 1-2 months before the movie. No date has been set yet for the release.

Come spring of 2007, Hasbro will be "sort of stopping some stuff" to work on the movie line. However a lot of the past lines will come back after they finish work on the movie line.

The movie line will give them the opportunity to work on some new directions, transforming wise.

Hasbro said the movie will be its own time line. After all these issues over continuity, they would like to start over again with a fresh take.

Activisiton will be developing the Transformers Movie game.

When asked about what they hear from the fans about the Movie, Hasbro said that were very impressed with how the fan community come together in a unified way to voice their opinion Peter Cullen be considered for the voice of Optimus Prime. Hasbro stated that this is something the that fans helped them see that as important and are looking at it as something to seriously consider. They asked us to stand by and see what happens next.

Misc Stuff

The commemorative series is complete for now. There are no other plans for new ones right now. Astrotrain was done because it was available and they wanted to offer it a home on HTS.

It was stated they are still open to producing Universe figures if there is a retailer who will carry them. The Seacons and other items are still in the queue to do when they find the right retailer program for it.

There is no Target exclusive Optimus and Megatron 2-pack that was reported as being listed in the store computers. Hasbro said they have something related to that, but they are not ready to show until BotCon.

Greg Lombardo said he would like to see a General Lee that turns into a robot because he was a redneck from Kentucky when asked what the Hasbro team would personally like to make – He was joking.

Hasbro stated that when working with Takara on the master-piece line, Takara takes the lead on what new products are developed.

Hasbro is well aware that Takara is making the MP-04 Optimus Pirme and Trailer and are evaluating it for for a US release. They have not decided if it will be just the trailer or both.

When asked about a Beast Wars mini-con being made. Hasbro said there will be new Mini-cons. They could not say who they end will up being or what they will look like, but there will definitely be new molds.

The Star Wars Transformers line will continue citing they are popular with Star Wars fans and TF collectors. There will be more higher priced sets coming out in the future.
Masterpiece

When asked about if we would get Masterpiece Starscream they said they could not comment on it now.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Clay

Post by Clay »

Nemeis Prime was said to be the capper (last release) for the year. Referencing it being for sale at SDCC in very limited quantities.
Hmm... last year at Botcon, Archer said there would four new molds and six repaints throughout the year. I count:

Skids (new)
Sunstreaker
Rollbar
Ricochet
Optimus Prime (new)
Mirage (new)
Nemesis Prime
Camshaft

So, that adds up to three new molds and five repaints. Unless, of course, you count the Meister and Tracks re-releases, but that still doesn't add up to the fourth new mold. I guess plans changed between then and now...

On another note, the Classics line is looking more and more appealing - not just because the figures look great - but because the total retail price of the entire line revealed so far is only about $160, which I'll actually be able to afford easily in a few months when the line comes out. Awesome!

Also, albeit in a thread about a different convention, the Masterpiece Starscream just keeps looking better and better. I'm already wondering how far along in development the requisite Skywarp and Thundercracker repaints are :o
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The plaque's kinda funky.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Kind of disappointing that the Alternators line is finished for the year. Especially since I still haven't seen Prime or Mirage. I wonder what assortment they'll be using for the rest of the year.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

What happened to that Rumble design? Was it released? Haven't really seen anyone mention it anywhere...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Denyer
What happened to that Rumble design? Was it released? Haven't really seen anyone mention it anywhere...

Rumble was last seen as a stock photo on Wal*Mart's website.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4725762

Other than that, we still have Wal*Mart listings for Ravage (as a Jaguar, as in the car Jaguar), an unnamed Cadillac, an unnamed Scion (Skids repaint/remold) and an unnamed Ford Mustang unaccounted for.