What did you do with your...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
LeeAdama
Protoform

What did you do with your...

Post by LeeAdama »

transformer toys?and how many did you have?

I have mine packaged in a big box in my wardrobe.
I think I had around 80
SupremePrime
Protoform

Post by SupremePrime »

Most of my originals were lost in the sand box, Still have g1 prime misb
Sades

Post by Sades »

I had lotslotslots of BW. I don't think I ever counted them, though...

They were on shelves for awhile, I'd take one down and fiddle with it on the odd occasion... til the day I moved to go to art school, packed most of them up in a big plastic tub and brought them with me [ was gonna leave them but I was attached to a few/my brothers had been eyeing them]. After that, well... for the most part, they actually stayed in the tub. For years.

I'd take one or two out, display 'em, fiddle with them but for the most part I realized that I didn't miss them overmuch. Until I moved here when I gave [most of] them to my brother. :)

I still have a few favourites. Dragon Megs is on my old computer, I have Alt Smokescreen in a box in my closet [formerly he was on my night stand, but I switched him and Op Minor around], my Cliffjumper keychain is on my bag and keeps me amused on the odd occasion I'm bored out of my skull at work, etc.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sold most of the later stuff. At the moment I've only got a few on display, but I'll get the rest out when I have shelf space.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I got tired of packing/unpacking my TFs after having moved for the bazillionth time in the last 5 years so the only ones I have out right now are the toys I've purchased since my last move.

I don't have any of the tfs I had as a child any more, they were all in pretty bad shape anyway...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

When I was a kid, I only had three Transformers, and I still have them today.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Grimlock, Slag, Optimus Prime, Sludge, Hun-Grr, The Aerialbots, Starscream, Amordillo, Snapper, Razorclaw, Beachcomber, Micromaster Off-Road Patrol, Wideload, Warpath, Bumblebee, Rollbar, Snipe, Darkwing, Dreadwing, Hawk, Speedstream, Tornado...

I owned all of these as a kid--which is such a tiny amount compared to so many other people, but I was only born three years after Transformers came out, so I was getting G1 on the tail end of the line. Some were lost, some were broken and then thrown out, some were played with by mr brother then went mysteriously missing, and some I gave away to family firends for their kids. I did the same thing with all my action figures, but I really regret giving away my Star Wars, Transformers and Mighty Max ones over all.

I've started to build up a new collection of Transformers. Haven't bothered to scout eBay for Star Wars Action Fleet or Mighty Max, yes.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

By some bizarre twist of fate, I NEVER broke a single transformer as a kid, and NEVER lost any kibble. Not one piece. I don't know how it happened since all my gi-joes suffered such extreme casualties and disgrace. The Transformers were all piled in boxes in my parents' basement until I rescued them about 5 years ago. They are now individually wrapped and gently stored in waterproof containers and awaiting some new shelf space now that I've reached a permanent-ish house.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I did kill Smokescreen at around 4 years old (the three roof parts, and I lost a door), but aside from that I think I did okay. We got a fair bit from car boot sales, though, so several were broken/incomplete when I got them. I guess after the Smokescreen thing my parents probably bought me more sturdy toys, though by then (85/86) most of the things were bricks anyway.

I also broke the Gobot Bugbite at the waist. All I can say looking at the Bugbite I have now is I must have been a bloody strong kid. Along the same lines, I knew a kid at school who managed the snap Ultra Magnus at the waist (like, actual Ultra Magnus, not the white Prime cab). How the Hell does a six-year old do that? Was I at some sort of school for superhumans and no-one bothered telling me? I'm going to try and lift the desk up to test my theory :)

EDIT: No, I wasn't :(
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

Most of mine are inside big trash bags and stored within a trap door in my closet. Rest of them are in the bins, drawers, boxes, and under my bed. My room is running out of space so I may have to open some Cybertron and Marvel Legends up so I can store them together in one place. I collect mostly Decepticons so it could've been much more.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Most of them are in the storage room, safely and securely stored in 3-4 big sized boxes.

I've kept BW II Galvatron and the Binaltechs out for display purposes.

Broken? G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime, among others. Jazz too [rear windshield]. I had around 35 BW toys, twice that many in G1 and more than 30 toys in the lines after them.
goldfries
Protoform

Post by goldfries »

Question

do you guys keep your collection MISB?

or do you unpack it and convert them for display?

:D

will unpacking devalue it a lot?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

*shrug*

Don't see the point of displaying in boxes -- most of which are packed in vehicle modes -- personally. I'm not fussy about complete examples when buying old stuff secondhand, either. They get viewed as toys (albeit highly breakable ones) rather than collectibles.
goldfries
Protoform

Post by goldfries »

Originally posted by Denyer
Don't see the point of displaying in boxes

neither do i. just that i've come by some people that keep it MISB. i guess they want to sell it off later on. :D
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Not that anyone should really care, but they're all back home and together as one big happy family again! I'm working on displaying them, and had forgotten about the terrifying snap that Armada joints tend to make. Scared the snot out of me!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's always nice every now and then to get them all together, isn't it? Whenever I go back to my parents, there's always at least one I forgot I own. So I usually sell that one, because it's so damn forgettable.
Hound

Post by Hound »

*imagines*

"Oh wow! I totally forgot I had this one...

Better sell this sumbitch then."