[Original RPG] End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max medbay:

Post by Elcor »

"Sure thing, Ratchet!" - Lightspeed replied and leaped toward the biobed, trying to restrain Scattershot. He was genuinely worried about his team commander's condition, after all, so he hadn't pondered about that strange look in Ratchet's optics...

He got hold of Scattershot's shoulders and attempted to hold him, but it was a difficult task indeed. Scattershot was trying to break his hold and screaming in not-his-own voice: "Cyclonus, you traitor! Release me at once!!!"

Fortunately, that was when the other Technobots arrived in the med bay. "Guys, help me! I can't hold him for long!" - Lightspeed cried.

Strafe rushed to him and grabbed Scattershot's legs. Nosecone, on the other hand, stood varily and watched Afterburner.
He better behave himself, - he thought, - or else...

Afterburner stood perfectly still, though inside he was splitting apart further with each moment.
At least that part of the plan had worked properly, - one part of himself was telling him.
Pity that I had to ruin it all by attacking that Seeker, - the other mocked.
But... Hey! Scattershot's one of us, and see how he's suffering... - a thought tried to surface.
Doesn't matter who he is; he was standing in the way of my plans, and he had to be... neutralised. Everything worked properly; I did well, - stronger part of his self intervened and suppressed the unwanted thought.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max: Corridor B-12
Mirage stalked back to his quarters in a bad mood.
The room was relatively empty, save for an ammunition and rifle case and rack, a few small odds and ends of broken trophies, a computer desk and a down-mode bed. He broke out a tool kit and sat on the edge of the bed, then began to clean his weaponry.

Bikini Atoll
Prowl was reaching into a panel and fidgeting with some wiring. From underneath the panel, he grumbled something about engineers needing to replace corroded copper. The lights flickered on the security console and then brightened. Activation lights hummed to life on 4 of the 7 security consoles and he slid back out, only his own brighter optics betraying the fact that he was significantly more at ease.

A glance at the monitors later, he spoke up.
"Coming up to destination point Optimus. Initiating landing sequence. The Decepticons have already arrived."

(moving to "other" thread)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Slag: -watching Scattershot struggling, stalks over, swings a left hook at the Technobot leader's face- "Stay down and shut up! You're going to be peaceful, or you'll be in PIECES!"

Minerva: -scowling- "We really need orderlies......"

Hosehead: -shaking head wearily, goes to help hold Scattershot down-

Nightbeat: -struggles to a sitting position, watching Afterburner- "I think we've got more problems than we realize....."

Ghoul:

Roadbuster: -gets to the hatch, and with a mighty heave, flings Brawn's trophy to the shore, looks back at Aero Blade- "I can drag you back to shore, if need be."

Hangar bay Three, Fort Max:

Tracks: -inside Flamberge's cargo bay, making notes on a datapadd, hits intercom button- "Might as well. I've got to finish filling out this order form anyway."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Ghoul, Lake

As Aero Blade was led out of the ship and up to the hatch, he seemed to look out over the lake in a hazy state, hard to tell if he was really aware of where he was. Aero felt slightly as though his systems were begining to correct themselves, but it was at a very slow pace, and it'd be a long while before he was capable of conducting himself without assistance.

"I don't think I can make it on my own," Aero answered to Getaway and Roadbuster finally. "I'm useless in the air if my gyros won't cooperate..."

Halls, Fort Max

Dirge gave a bit of a sigh as the halls finally began to mostly clear and it wasn't so crowded. He was sore from the attacks the crazed technobot had layed on him, but considering that all of them had just gone back to the medbay, Dirge decided it was best if he waited awhile before going himself, when he was sure it was safe...

Having nothing else to do for the moment, and too sore to go exploring now, Dirge retreated back towards his quarters for a bit of rest.

Flamberge, Hangar bay Three, Fort Max

Wing Saber still layed on the floor of the stolen ship, unable to do anything else in his condition. He was aware of Tracks still nearby, guarding him, but he made no attempt to converse with him. He seemed content for the moment to simply lay there with a weary, saddened, and mostly confused expression, still trying to piece together what all that had happened to bring him to this situation, not once understanding why his fellow Autobots would level such harsh and unfounded charges against him...
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max, Outside

" SUPERION SYSTEM STATUS... ANALYSING " the Aerialbot gestalt said while Skydive's mind started to check the gestalt conscience.

" SYSTEM ANALYSIS COMPLETE, SUPERION READY " the giant continued to talk alone. With his mental systems checked, Superion started to ran towards the woods and when he aquired a considerable speed, engaged his thrusters and flew towards the sky.

" INITIATING DRILL ATTACK MANEUVER ALPHA " muttered Superion, changing course and pointing his fists towards the ground. It was a maneuver conceived by Skydive, consisting into fly towards an enemy gestalt target on land at high velocity and smash him with the fists, but before crashing oneself into the ground he must reverse the thrusters' direction and soar again towards the sky, for if an another attack was required further.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max: Medbay
Energy levels: 49%
Backup system: 37%
Intake: online
Consciousness: online
Vocal system: activating
Auditory system: activation
Visual system: online
Tactile transformation system: registering... activating... error code 16372. Design flaw. Negating.
Unit: online

Within the CR chamber, Blitzwing began to regain consciousness, take in his surroundings and do a self-evaluation.

Where am I?
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge Fort Max

Quickmix peered at a monitor

"that lake is fascinating anyone would think it was part of the bermuda triangle."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

Ratchet scowled at the chaos swirling around him.

First thing's first, he thought, tapping the comm panel. "We're a bit swamped down here, Overdrive," he told the Omnibot. "I'd recommend you whistle up the Aerialbots. Superion should be able to carry the patient into Medbay, stasis pod and all."

Straightening his shoulders, he surveyed the room. Seeing Nightbeat with a gunshot wound and a disgruntled-looking Afterburner, he quickly put two and two together.

"Snarl," he barked, "come here."

The Dinobot muttered something inaudible (but probably insulting) before shuffling over. "What?"

"Watch Afterburner," the medic said quietly. "I think he's come down with whatever's infected Scattershot, and he might be dangerous."

"You got it. If he acts up, I'll break him in half."

Ratchet sighed theatrically. "Right. Sure. You do that. Do a clean job of it, though. I'll just have to put him back together again, and I don't need the extra work."

Snarl gave him a cocky half-smile. "You're the boss, Doc."

Turning back to Scattershot's bunk just in time to see Slag throw a punch at the convulsing Technobot, and sighed.

"Oh, for the love of Primus...you don't need to pummel my patient! The biobeds have restraint fields, you know!"

Turning back to his equipment, he saw that the computer had finished comparing Scattershot's sensor scans to his records. After skimming the report, the doctor shook his head in disappointment.

This isn't good at all...

Ghoul

"Then you'd better take Roadbuster up on his offer," Getaway told Aero Blade. "I'd help you myself, but the water isn't exactly my strong suit as it is."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade nodded in response to Getaway's suggestion.

"Just tell me where he is..." Aero answered, not quite aware of where Roadbuster was, aside from that he could hear him...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Nightbeat: -lays back, closing his optics thinking for a moment-

Minerva: -opens his chest up, pulls the damaged piece of armor plating, looks at it, pushing her finger against the dimple Afterburner's shot had put in it, optics widening as her finger pushes through the remaining thin layer of metal- "Wow."

Nightbeat: -optics open behind his visor- "Uh oh."

Minerva: -putting a new sheet of armor plating in, starts patching the damage to his torso- "What?"

Nightbeat: "I think I know..... what the problem is......." -raises voice- "Ratchet, get all the Technobots down onto biobeds, now! Get them restrained and start scanning their brainwaves!"

Slag: -shrugs- "Beats me, Snarl."

Ghoul:

Roadbuster: -makes his way back to Aero Blade, grabs his arm- "C'mon, kid." -starts making his way back to the hatch-

Omega Supreme:

Omega Supreme: -lands, tank track deploying, tank starting it's continual trek around the rocket, hatch in rocket open, ramp lowers- "Landing: Complete. Repair systems: Operational. Shifting to: Standby."

Hardhead: -descends the ramp, looking around- "Where'd Metroplex go?"
Aero Blade

Ghoul

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade stumbled a bit as his handlers change, but he quickly recovered (or as best as he could in his current state) and started trying to keep up with Roadbuster's lead.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max
Swoop swung up in a glide and flapped right in front of the bridge windows. He was curious about the shadowed forms he could barely make out through the reflective glass.
He hovered briefly, then flew out over the airfield in a glide.

Practice simulation room
Spike watched a power monitor closely as Sludge blasted target after target. In the dino's growing enthusiasm, he raised a forefoot and prepared to make a ground-shattering stomp.

Immediately Spike shut off the simulator, evoking a disappointed hiss from the big dinobot.
"Why Spike spoil the battle? Me Sludge can stomp Decepticons."

Spike slid down form the console and jogged out as Sludge lowered the fearsome-looking head to his level. Spike put a hand on the Autobot's giant nose and grinned in relief as he realized that the complaint was not anger- just disappointment.
Good thing it wasn't Slag or Grimlock.

"No Sludge! Remember- they're not real! You're still inside Max, you could damage him. Let's go outside. Maybe we can help the excavation crew. Can you carry tools?"

Sludge nodded and transformed, putting a hand down. "Me hear call. We take tools and help."
Spike crawled up onto the dinobot's hand and sat down. "Good- we need to call them so they know."

Sludge walked towards the door and picked up his communicator.
"Skids, me bring tools. Spike come too. We help."

Medbay
In the CR chamber, Blitzwing's energy was increasing, and so was his discomfort level. Still too weak to do much damage to the chamber but growing concerned about where he was and what was occurring, he spotted a button that read 'saftey release'. He pushed it, and the front hatch door seal split and opened instantly. Uncertain and unsteady, he braced himself against the interior chamber walls, as he tried to figure out what the commotion outside was about.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

Ratchet shot Nightbeat a mock-scowl, but it quickly melted into a Springer-esque half-smile. "Hey! I give the orders around here. You just lay there and try not to leak to death."

The doctor handed him a datapad with comparative readouts of Scattershot's brainwaves. "And if you're bored, read that."

Whatever's wrong with him, it's not physical. Our pet detective will have as good a chance of figuring it out as I do...

Then, turning back towards the Technobots, he shot them a stern look and said, "You heard the mech. Onto bio-beds, the lot of you! If you've got whatever Scattershot has, you'd better hope I can cure it before it gets as bad as it has for him."

Snarl, for his part, continued to glower maliciously at Afterburner. Come on, punk. Give me an excuse...

Lake

Seeing that Aero Blade was in good hands, Getaway jumped out of the shuttle and tried to swim for shore. He didn't make it more than fifty metres before sinking to the bottom, though.

Grumbling, the Powermaster trudged along the lakebed towards shore.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Runway , aboard the Banshee

Scoop dropped the entrance ramp and walked down it towards terra firma.

~*~

Shuttle Bay , Fort Max

Overdrive opened a com link]

"Silverbolt I need your teams assistance in the shuttlebay over."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

" Thank you Sludge and Spike, see you soon " replied Skids. " Landfill, Spike and Sludge are coming. They will bring us the tools and some help " informed Skids, in a mix of worry and relief.

---

Outside Fort Max

Superion continued with his training, trying to improve - or at least practice- his close quarters skills.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC @ opskids: Ratchet replied to Overdrive. :))

Command Deck, Fort Max

Hot Rod strode onto the bridge and headed toward Fortress.

"You don't happen to have anyone on-hand who can drag an eighty foot tall half-dead prisoner down to Medbay, would you?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Off-base
Sludge had grabbed some various digging tools, and put some crates on a loading skiff for gathering.

In short order, they were approaching the edge of the ravine.
High above them, Swoop circled lazily, watching with curiousity.

Sludge grunted as he looked around. "Hnnn. Me Sludge no see Skids. No see anyone."

"They might be over the edge Sludge. Careful though- this rock looks really soft." Spike cautioned the heavy dinobot as he slid down to take a better look.

"There they are! Hey Skids! Up here!" Spike called, waving his arm.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

Skids waved in reply and smiled back at Sludge and Spike.

" Glad to see you boys, we are here! "

---

Fort Max MedBay

Override stepped inside the Med Bay and witnessed the situation.

" What's going on? There're more woundeds now than after the decepticons' last attack! " he muttered to himself, waiting for the Motorvators.

---

Fort Max Outside

Superion made another drill strafing run and when he soared, the Aerialbots separated again.

The five autobots were now in their jet modes, flying together in a compact formation heading back to Fort Max.

" Skydive report " said Silverbolt.

" Well Silverbolt, after these last excercises and analysing Superion's mental readouts I can conclude than our poor performance against Abominus was caused by a bad selection on the attack tactics and not by a malfunction or error in our integrated brainwave patterns. Superion's neural processor maybe simple, but it's in perfect status. "

Silverbolt thought for a moment.

" But when we fight the Terrorocons we pretty much lost it... " said the Aerialbot leader.

Air Raid rolled in the air.

" Maybe the problem is we tried to fight like we fight in our jets modes... " explained the young Aerialbot.

" What do you mean? " asked Fieflight.

" I mean that Abominus is more beast than 'bot, so if you fight a charging beast with guns and you don't stop it with the first shot... you will nedd to fight it with your fists. And you need a bigger fist... "

" I don't get it " replied Fireflight.

Skydive flew at Air Raid's side.

" I think Air Raid is saying that we fail to adaptate to our enemy. "

Air Raid smiled, but no one saw his smile.

" You're right Air Raid " added Silvebrolt. " We must identificate first our enemy's habilities and weaknesses. In Abominus case, our limited firepower lacked the punching power to stop him, so we should attacked him with our fists in the first place. But we need to improve."

Skydive thought for a moment.

" May be there's a way we can improve our gestalt's firepower... " he said quietly.

Suddenly Silverbolt received Overdrive's call.

" We're on our way Overdrive " replied Silverbolt.

The five Aerialbots accelerated and flew towards the shuttlebay's entrance.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Shuttlebay

Overdrive replied to Silverbolt

"roger that Silverbolt got a lil challenge for you when you arrive.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Countdown's Shuttle/Base

"Attention all passengers. Approaching Autobase. Preparing to land"