[Original RPG] Cybertron: Dark Designs

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Tunnels

"did you know someone called Crumble and Takedown as well, hey war makes strange allies , got to survive together against the Quints."
Aero Blade

Polyhex - Tunnels

Post by Aero Blade »

As they continued to travel, dim lights became apparent in the distance, though the source couldn't yet be seen. Eventually, the tunnel ended, openning up rather abruptly into a very wide area, introducing the group to a rather new terrain. Benieth Polyhex, hidden in the depths of the twisting, warping tunnels, was an entire city.

It showed signs of deterioration and abandonment from long in the past, but shelted from the surface as it was, it had stayed very much in tacted for the most part, and the few lights showed that there was at least some power still running to the city.

"I suspect this may have once been part of Polyhex, or one of the surronding provinces," Breaker said, not once having stopped his stride. He wasn't phased by the new area, and may have already been very much familiar with it. "As Cybertron continued to develope and build upwards, old towns such as this were incidentally covered over, and eventually abandoned as they 'sunk' further benieth the surface and were isolated from the above world. It is only one of many that I have seen, but I believe it should be suitable for our purposes...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Resistance HQ, Kalis:

BBC: -nods- "I shall position my trailer in the best possible location. We attack in twenty breems." -turns, goes to check trailer-

Kick Off: -moves over to Cobalt and Gunrunner, quietly- "What do you think?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tunnels, Polyhex

"More than suitable." Bomb-Burst gave Breaker an approving nod. The Pretender looked around at the vast, buried cityscape that he saw around him.

The potential resources in this place. Are vast. It bears thorough investigation. If it hasn't already been plundered.

"Have you scouted the ruins?" he asked Breaker. "Or merely passed through?"

Resistance HQ, Kalis

Cobalt watched as BBC moved away from the group, pitching his voice low enough that the untrusted co-conspirator wouldn't hear.

"We obviously can't trust him," he told Kick-Off and Gunrunner. "We should confide our plan of attack in him...then change it as soon as he's out of the building. The chance of betrayal is too high for us to blindly follow him into this, but if he thinks we suspect him he might take drastic action."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Kalis

"You'd best just sit there and stop eyeing that door." Lockdown said quietly to the prisoner sitting in a brightly-lit cell as he slid a small tray of energon rations through a delivery opening.

"You'd best shut your yap before you get a fist in it," came the irritated reply from the dusty grey femme. She had made herself comfortable sitting on a flattened shelf, watching the comings and goings of the guards for the last two cycles. This individual was different though- didn't seem to be an average guard, and was far more relaxed and at-ease than the others. From where she sat, Torque didn't like the change. Nervous individuals made mistakes, and she was counting on a mistake to get herself out of the Quintesson cell.

Lockdown watched her for a moment. The old security officer had seen many prisoners come and this one was not so different. Most had been the aggressive sorts, rebels that he had had no qualms about dismantling or sending to the judgement hall of the Masters. This one was a worker though. Just a slight change from what he usually encountered, though in recent days since the masterful retake of the homeworld - many different prisoners had passed through the cells. It was clear to him that the concept of fighting was a new one for the construct, but she had been caught with known rebels in a sweep and therefore was guilty by association.

Shame. She could have served the society well.

He gave a final glance and moved on to the next cell, hesitating with a learned backward step for timing to avoid a shower of expectorated (spit) mech lubricant from the next occupant.

Torque noted the move and scoffed to herself. The two guards prior had not been so fortunate, and the first of the day had gotten hit by a well-aimed flying rations tray.
Pity. He's smart, but too dumb to see he's being used by those egg-things.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Kalis Rebel HQ

" So we act as if we were following my plan " said Gunrunner with a very low tone of voice, " and when BBC get inside the base, we change the planification. But we should be ready to take profit on the situation if BBC really engage the Quints from the inside. It could be a great chance to clear Kalis in a single blow. "

Gunrunner paused while watching BBC cunningly.

" We could detonate some kind of explosive and destroy the facility with the Quints and BBC inside, he will be deep inside the base, right?... Perhaps we still have some powerful explosive device left in our armoury; if not we could cause the explosion sabotaging the Quint's base reactor or armoury. "
verytired

Iacon, Imperial Palace: Medical ward

Post by verytired »

Eiramnna looked at the print out of their bank balance in silent horror. He gestured to his Brother:
"The good nes Haras is that we don't have to pay for the bike just yet: the bad news is that as I got signed in under my real name, there's no way we're ditching this medical bill. It comes to about 30,000 shanix, which pretty much leaves us broke: 12550 shanix. Looks like we're roughing it till the next mission."
With that, Eiramnna got up from his hospital bed whilst Haras gave the receptionist his STM card. Once the transaction was through, the stormtroopers left.

As they approached the lift, Eiramnna whispered to his bigger brother "We could sneak back here one day and appropriate some materials: First aid boxes of ours are running dry."
As they entered the lift, haras nodded in mute agreement.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Resistance Base, Kalis:

BBC: -opens a panel on the side of the trailer, starts checking ammo and power levels-

---------------

Kick Off: -narrows optics, glances over at BBC, looks back at Gunrunner and Cobalt, quietly- "We still have a Nova Bomb and the remote detonator for it left in the armory. Should be enough to wipe the garrison out on it's own. We tell him to place it in their ammo dump....." -chuckles- "They'll see the explosion in Kaon." -cocks eyebrow- "Although if he survives that, the Quints will probably be the least of our worries......"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Resistance Base, Kalis

Cobalt nodded.

"If he manages to survive, we act surprised," he said quietly. "We say that the bomb wasn't capable of causing such destruction, and say that the Quints must have had some new superweapon stored in their ammo dump."

The Autobot shrugged, thinking of his depressor rifle.

"If he turns hostile, I can control him...assuming we have at least a few seconds worth of warning."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Polyhex: Sub-City

Volt shook his head absently but trailed off as he stepped into the large domed area.

"Nah, never met 'em..."

Volt stopped in his tracks and whistled while he looked around in awe.

"Nice pad, chief," he commented to Breaker.

Drench stepped up near Breaker and Bomb-Burst with an agreeing nod to the Pretender's inquiries.

"It seems likely there'd be some bunkers we could fit into a fine base. Of course, the Quints may have booby-trapped them... I'm going to do some scouting. I'll be in touch."

With a bit of pain, Drench transformed to his racer mode and rolled off to get a feel for the area.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Kalis Rebel HQ

Gunrunner nodded to Cobalt and Kick-Off.

" So we better start acting natural... " he said in his low tone of voice. " I want to go to the armoury to replace my used missiles; I can act as I'd just found the toy, then one of you suggests the use of the bomb and it's installation on BBC's ammo dump. What do you think?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Resistance HQ, Kalis:

Kick Off: -nods- "Go to it, Gunrunner."
Aero Blade

Polyhex - Subcity

Post by Aero Blade »

Breaker shook his head as Drench took off, but he made no attempt to stop or deter him. "Presumptuous and impetious..but then, what else did I expect from you kids..."

Breaker turned his head towards Bomb-burst, to adress the statement Drench had made, but ran off before getting it answered. "I have extensively explored this area, as I have the rest of the tunnels. There are no quintessons in this area, nor has there been anyone since its abandonment. The only traps our my own, and they are not set to spring, yet.

"As far as the resources and supplies of this area, they are whatever you can find or choose to use. I have commited the city layout to my memory banks, but have otherwise left this one untounched."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Kalis Rebel HQ

Gunrunner nodded, and strated to step towards the armoury.

" I'm going to the armoury then; I need to find some plasma missiles and a pair of ammo clips for my rifle ", said the pretender in a normal tone of voice.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sub-City, Polyhex

Bomb-Burst watched Drench take off, and scoffed.

I somehow doubt. We will see that one again.

Turning to Breaker, he said, "Excellent. Transmit the city layout to the rabble. If you would be so kind."
Aero Blade

Polyhex - Subcity

Post by Aero Blade »

Breaker seemed to have to consider for a moment about Bomb-burst's suggestion about giving out the map, probably calculating the risks and benifits of giving away some of his secret knowledge to the group he'd been leading.

After a moment, he shook his head, mostly to himself it seemed. "What do I care. If the lot of you get lost in here, it'd probably be me having to find you," Breaker said, his tone suggesting that it would've been the greatest inconvenience in the world for him, as if he had better things to do. A moment later and the map data was transmitted to the group, awarding them with a very highly detailed layout of the entire city.
verytired

Iacon, Imperial Palace

Post by verytired »

The Storm trooper Brothers exited the lift and made their way to the Main hall: The only way to get another job would be to get noticed, and as Haras and Eiramnna needed to get paid fast, they needed to get Conspicous.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Kalis, Rebel base Armoury

Gunrunner entered the room, glancing around. He picked some clips for his las- rifle and found the last two energu plasma missiles for his plane mode.

" Where are you, where are you... "

The pretender found the Nova bomb hid in a corner, covered with a dusty rag. He picked the heavy device and, with an innocent look on his face, he headed towards the command center.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Subcity, Polyhex

Bomb-Burst inclined his head to Breaker. "My thanks."

After spending a moment assimilating the map into his datatracks, he turned to Squawktalk. "There is a facility. Half a mile due west. That should have. The equipment you need."

He turned to take in the rest of the group. "Are any of you wounded? There is a medical facility. Not far from here. Get your wounds tended to. Then report back."

Needlenose perked up a bit at that. "I could use a bit'a work," he admitted. "Goin' ten rounds with a Gatekeeper ain't the best idea when you're unarmed, I 'spose."

Judiciary, Iacon

After stowing the Key in the heart of his caste's secured vaults, Deliberata headed to the building's administrative wing. After a short wait, the magistrate was escourted into the modest office that belonged to First Clerk Advisata.

"My friend," the clerk said warmly, a pleasant face presented to the visitor, "what brings you to me?"

"Trouble," Deliberata replied darkly. "Ghyrik trouble. The fool seems to fancy himself a military dictator, issuing orders to the Judiciary."

"I see," Advisata nodded, his death face shifting into place. "And what do you think needs to be done?"

"We need a leader," Delibarata said. "Someone who can lay claim to the Imperial Magistrate's throne and put an end to this foolishness."

"Agreed," Advisata said. "That would require a vote of the caste leadership, though."

"You're the First Clerk," the magistrate reminded him. "Call an emergency session. As soon as we can get a quorum, we will hold a vote and bring the general's mad dream to a grinding halt."

"Very well," the clerk nodded and went about preparing the Writ of Summons that he would send to the leading magistrates.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Kalis, Rebel HQ

Gunrunner entered the room, carrying the Nova bomb and a broad smile on his lips.

" Hey! " he said loud enough, so BBC, Cobalt and Kick-Off could hear him. " Look, I've found something in the armoury! "