[Original RPG] End of the Line: Turnabout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex

Override, who was heading towards Metroplex' Med Bay, quickly jumped out of the way as Sideswipe raced across the citybot's corridors.

" You punk! " yelled Override when he recovered from the sudden fright. " You will hurt somebody! "

---

Fort Max Security Wing, Briefing room

Skids watched sadly as Hound stepped out of the briefing room. Then he turned towards Prowl.

" Excuse me, Prowl " said Skids in a soft modulation of voice, " Hound informed me that Dirge will be returning shortly with topographical maps of the ravine. With those maps, we'll be capable of upgrade Autobase's sensor grid. "
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Exterior, Fort Max:

Ironhide: -cocks eyebrow- "Whut sleek? Ah pick a tiny l'il car lahke yers an' ain't no way Ah c'n smash through anything." -thinks for a moment- "Mebbe a Humvee or a truck...." -thinks again- "Prob'ly not. Ain't 'nuff trithyllium on hand ta build me a new body. Better stick with this one. Gotta wonder, though..... what's a bunch'a young punks makin' fun'a me gonna do ta help yer job, anyway? Awl it does is put me in a bad mood an' put them in th' medbay, if they tick me off enough...."

Observatory, Metroplex:

Prime: -optics widen- "Linked....... If you were seperated by that distance from your partner, would you still be able to communicate?"

Medbay, Fort Max:

Nightbeat: -exits CR chamber, heads for security office-

Brig, Fort Max:

Chromedome: -looking through the energy bars at Spectro- "Anybody home?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Fort Max

Smokescreen shrugged slightly.

"Oh, you'd be surprised," he told Ironhide, a devilish gleam in his optics. "Making fun of you reduces the stress on our soldiers by 17%. They've done studies on it...some of the psychological community are starting to call it the 'Ironhide Effect'."

Observatory, Metroplex

Squeezeplay shrugged.

"I don't know for sure, Prime" he said. "Never actually tried it."

Still uncomfortable in the presence of someone who was for so long a hated enemy, it took a while for him to formulate his next reply. "Us Headmasters aren't exactly lining up for that sort of duty, after all. We've been seperated by pretty big distances, though...not as big as the ones we're talking about right now, but still. And the link is always there. The thing is, once we get too far away, it gets hard to make sense of what the other guy is thinking or seeing. Like trying to make a call to someone who's just at the edge of your comlink's range...there's static on the line, if you know what I mean. Can't concentrate on anything."

The Headmaster shrugged again. "Not sure if the Refector guys are the same way, though. Could be that their heads are set up in a totally different way." An idea occured to him. "If you'd like, I could talk to him. As far as he knows, I'm still a loyal Decepticon."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Fort Max, Hangar

Pipes received the comm from Sky Lynx, and realized they were in the wrong area. "Copy that, Big Bird," he replied. "We're in the wrong bloody city. We'll head your way."

Already being in the hangar bay, they opened one of the doors and drove (or flew, as it applies) towards Metroplex.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Metroplex: Med Bay

"Sounds like a good idea," Big Daddy replied to First Aid.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Approaching Sky Lynx

Sideswipe didn't let off on the gas for a moment. He was moving fast enough to make Blurr look like a tank. He slammed on the brakes as he approached the boarding ramp for the large Autobot and as his tires screeched from the sudden stop, his body started to drift sideways. He transformed and flipped over with a small grin. He hadn't intended to drift like that, and he immediately knew his brakes were shot from that one stunt.

Oh well he thought as he quickly ran up the ramp. "Don't mind me Sky Lynx. I'm coming too!"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max: Security: Briefing room
A small "pfft" was the only sound Prowl made at first, but then he turned and looked directly at Skids while trying to decide whether he should be angry or pleased with the news.

"Dirge? What's he doing with Dirge? Hound could have done that with optic impairment."

Suddenly remembering his tactics with Blitzwing however, he corrected himself aloud in mid-thought.
"Putting him to a test possibly." *pause*

"Skids, there was something Hound mentioned about minerals in the ravine rock there from the deployment report when they left base. Anything that might be useful?"

The strategist wasn't entirely holding his combustion exchange, but did have some hope. More often than not since the return to Earth, the scout's data notes had inadvertently been riddled more than usual with non-functional details of flora, fauna and geographical makeup and features. Those had proven to be advantageous in the past, so Prowl found them to be worth looking into, even if they were somewhat distracting from the military information that was also given.

----------------

Ravine
"You not fly faster if you need to stop!"
Swoop rolled in flight towards Dogfight's trajectory as the faster jet approached, and mischieviously attempted to clamp his claws onto the jet's right tail fin to hold him back.
Airfield
Sludge had finally made his way to the edge of the airfield in brachiosaurus form, and watched with silent amusement at the antics of the three fliers in the distance. Finally he called over their radios.
"Sludge catch Dirge, Swoop. Make Dirge come here."

----------------
Airfield
Blitzwing watched the big dinobot carefully. The triple changer was well aware that the tail as well as the head could be a significant weapon, and he didn't want (as he saw it) the unpredictable autobot to suddenly take him off guard.

---------------

Metroplex: Security
Inferno frowned as he watched the cameras. He had given up spinning his chair in circles and had propped his feet up on a shelving unit. Millions of ideas of things he could be doing ran through his head as he sat watching the cameras.... but every last one of them required him to not be sitting in front of the cameras.

"and I'm supposed to stay." He began drumming his hands on the counter in time to the camera views switching.
----------------
Metroplex: Medbay
First Aid restrained a sigh as he finished the last of his work and set the probe down. There was little else to do in medbay. If Wheeljack liked the road test idea, he'd be the one to ask permission and get things moving. And there was nothing else to say to Big Daddy.

"I'll see you around Wheeljack. I should go and catch up with Hot Spot and the others for practice. See you later."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

Dogfight didn't expected Swoop's attack - sort of, he hoped - but thanks to his superior maneuverability he dodged Swoop's move and engaging his afterburners, the triggerbot passed the dinobot.

" Do you want to play a dance of doom, Swoop? " he asked while firing his rear- mounted blowtorch blasters - at minimum power, only to left a very short trail of flames to force the dinobot to alter course-.

" I hope this will be only a weird dinobot game ", Dogfight thought. " You never know with dinobots... "

---

Fort Max Mess Hall

Silverbolt walked inside the room and meet with his teammates.

" Ok team, free-time exhausted. We'll return to our secondary duty of patrolling the airspace. Come on."

And the Aerialbots made their way out of Fort Max.

---

Metroplex Med Bay

Override stepped inside the med bay and cunnungly procured himself a polish kit.

Whistling a popular human tune, he began polishing his frontal paintjob.

---

Security Wing, Briefing room

" Data regarding mineral depots on the ravine? I don't have such data in my memeory banks Prowl, but if Hound downloaded his report, we can access from the briefing room main console " said Skids.

While tipping some buttons on the console, searching for Hound's report, Skids watched Prowl's emotionless face. Almost emotionless.

" You seems concerned Prowl; it's for Sunstreaker mission, isn't? " asked softly the blue Autobot. " I'm concerned too ", he added.
Aero Blade

Ravine

Post by Aero Blade »

With the start of Dogfight and Swoop's mock air battle (or at least he thought it was) Dirge kept his distance to not be caught up in it. He'd have to refuel soon, and he didn't want to take a chance on running out his fuel in mid-air, nor did he want to get into the middle of a real battle if that was the case.

Still unsure of Swoop himself from the earlier incident, when Sludge appeared in the distance, it didn't help matters very much. "What does he mean catch?" Dirge asked, the anxiety clearly coming out in his voice.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Security Wing, Briefing room

Darkened blue optics moved to watch Skids intently. He didn't like to show emotion, and it wasn't good for obedience, but he wouldn't lie to the science officer.

"Partly Skids. Sunstreaker willingly working with the Decepticons could compromise our safety by pretending to be an Autobot and then attacking us when backs are turned and an attack is unexpected. He's a dangerous and highly unpredictable warrior even at the best of times. This team is going into a situation few autobots are prepared for, and one which we've had too much of in recent memory."

Prowl turned his attention away from Skids, his facial features showing frown furrows as he silently recalled the many roles of betrayal both by will and by necessity that had occurred.

"I should have dealt with him immediately on Cybertron, and then there would be one less threat to our cause now. But I did not, and this team must perform the actions necessary to eliminate the consequences of that inaction."

*He motioned to the monitors.* "Since our unfortunate outcome of the first seige we experienced after our return here, the citybots have been refortified and have been fully stocked with ammunition and personnel capable of defending against mid-grade assaults."

Prowl was speaking out loud, but in a way that was more to do with thinking outloud to himself than to Skids, though he was fully aware that he was relaying the information to the theoretician.

"We have consolidated our forces, yet we are seeing Decepticon defections. This is not entirely unexpected, since the Decepticons did have a change in leadership. But something is not yet clear. They are drawing tremendous amounts of energy, but to where? Breastforce has Canada under their auspices and in good will. Gigatron wouldn't allow them to be off on their own for long without some sort of tabulation on them. And then there is the matter of these petty diversions. It was nearly concluded that the Decepticons would attack while we were weakened in supplies and our personnel were charged with assisting across this planet. Yet, they did not. Now we have recovered and increased in preparations, and still there is an unexpected inactivity from the Decepticons. They gain energy each nanoclick, but defections are still occuring. They capture Mirage, and release him. *pause* Likely too untrustworthy for them to consider dealing with.
"They removed Hound's memory chips and attempted to reprogram him. The data they possessed there... could have been our downfall. Now it is learned that Sunstreaker has inadvertently survived. His knowledge of our practices and current standings is not a great concern, but his emotional leverage on our ranks is, and it is a factor which I can not interpret. Sending Sideswipe with the group may be the best method to find out the cause and direction that has been given to both of them.

Taking this into account, what is behind these methods? Capturing autobots, testing to see if they can turn them to Decepticon causes, regimes... filtering them back to our bases along with Decepticon defectors?"

Prowl paused and stared hard at the screens, contemplating silently as an older, nearly forgotten, military strategy came up in recall.
Complete conquest- internally, externally with sleight of hand. A bigger show is coming- but from where?
Finally, he murmurred quietly,
"The time has come to go on the offense."
When Smokescreen returns his report, we'll make use of these Earthlings as extra observers. Public relations should increase our likelihood of learning more. Skids' knowledge of the organics could be an indespensible advantage.

Autobot city airspace
Swoop banked hard to avoid the fire and the serrated wings from the blue jet, and then laughed a screetching laugh. "Dogfight fight good!" Swoop was about to return the fire blast when he heard Dirge's worried voice. The dinobot turned his head only slightly, due to the restraints of his form- enough to see the lagging jet, and called to his fellow dinobot over the radio.

"Sludge, Dirge must go to base to quarters. Swoop agreed to take him there, agreed not to hurt Dirge."

"Hnnn.... Sludge didn't agree." There was definite disappointment in the big dino's voice.

"Dirge Autobot now." Swoop laughed. "Sludge can play with Dogfight, but Dirge is grounded, 'less Dogfight comes with to quarters?"

The pteranadon settled into an easy glide between the two jets, waiting for answers.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Medbay

Quickmix tested his new optic

"good work"

~*~

Chainclaw growled playfully as he chased after Catilla
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Fort Max: Medbay

"Catch ya later, 'Aid" Wheeljack called back, then nodded, he had been half-thinking about the perimeter race-track that the Protectobot had suggested, then his 'ears' flashed as he turned and left the med-bay in a hurry to inform Prowl about this.

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: Let's see if I can finally finish this post.... computer keeps hiccupping.)

Observation Deck, Metroplex:

Prime: -nods- "I won't make you do this, Squeezeplay, but if you are willing to learn what you can from Spectro, it could be of a great help. We need to be united to force the Quintessions off of Cybertron, and to do this, I need to know what Gigatron is planning. Contact Ironhide. He'll set things up."

Security Office, Fort Max:

Nightbeat: -walks in, sits in the chair in front of the main console, puts feet up on console, picks up the printouts of the pics from Quebec of Trypticon's landing site, looks at the time the mission left, looks back at the pics, chuckles- "How did it take them so long to figure this out? The grass pattern on what is probably a hatch is different......."

Exterior, Fort Max:

Ironhide: -cocks a cynical eyebrow- "Young punks feel better by tickin' me off, huh. Makes me feel real special........" -starts into the base-

Bridge, Fort Max:

Grimlock: -stands, moves over to the tactical display, looking at the 3D holotank image of Trypticon's landing site in Cuba- "Me know you do something..... Me figure out what......"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Observation Deck, Metroplex

Squeezeplay's face was a mask, almost (but not quite) covering the conflicted emotions underneath.

"I can try," he told Prime. "I can't promise I'll be able to do any good, but I can try."

The Headmaster hesitated for a moment, then nodded to the Autobot leader and stepped out of the room. Activating his comlink, he called the crotchety old Autobot.

"Squeezeplay to Ironhide. Prime wants me to have a word with Spectro. We think he'll take me for a loyal Decepticon and talk to me. Do you think you can set things up for that?"

Outside Fort Max

Smokescreen chuckled once to himself, then turned and headed off towards Metroplex.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Over the Ocean

The Nova traveled over the ocean reaching the American seaboard.

Cryotek eyed the monitors. Systems are at 100%, stealth unit is working perfectly. Now to get to Metroplex and cause some damage.

He looked over to Sixshot.

"You ready to go?" He asked.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

" Ok Swoop, we can play later if you have business with Dirge ", said Dogfight flying near the dinobot.

---

Fort Max, outside

The Aerialbots nodded to Ironhide and headed towards landing bay two.

---

Fort Max Security wing, briefing room

Skids found Hound's report and displayed the ravine's mineral data on the console screen.

" Prowl, look at this. That's Hound data. " The theoretician, with his index finger on his chin and a thoughtful look on his optics, turned to his superior.

" You'd said that the two citybots are reinforced and well defended... and now we have a decepticon prisoner. Do you reckon the decepticons will try to rescue him? "
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Entry Bay, Fort Max:

Ironhide: -nodding to the Aerialbots, activates commlink- "Ah read ya, Squeezeplay. Meet me at th' security office. Ah know exactly whut ta do."

Landing Pad 4, Metroplex:

Sky Lynx: -still scorched and battered, sitting in shuttle mode- "Greetings, Sideswipe. Any sign of the rest of the mission team yet?"

Observation Deck, Metroplex:

Prime: -rises, starts out slowly after Squeezeplay, still lost in thought- "There must be a way to broker a peace between the two sides, even if it is only a temporary one......"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max Security wing, briefing room
Prowl thought for a moment and then walked over to look at the screen. He had already considered and dismissed the possibility many times over.

"Skids, Decepticons don't rescue anything unless they have need of it, and Spectro, while useful to his partners, is far from being a significant enough individual in their ranks to risk their own safety over."

The strategist's face darkened.

"I don't think they will waste their energy or time with a rescue. *pause* It is however, only a matter of time before we experience another attack, but as of yet, I can not predict whether it will be to us directly or to the humans.
Canada, Carbombia and possibly Cuba... it leaves a factor that I expect our espionage teams to shed light on." The strategist made a note to himself to speak with Jazz when that team had returned.

Suddenly, the strategist's expression changed to a surprised one with a rare flash of a smile.
"Molybdenum! Brilliant!"
The strategist didn't know a lot about the material itself, except that it was extremely useful to the autobot refineries and the humans valued it highly.

"These levels show that ravine is full of veins of the material. Skids, get Wheeljack on this and get a team together right away to excavate the mineral. I need to go talk with Optimus.

ooc- ref- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molybdenum Team could include any free Autobots- Wheeljack, Windcharger, Big Daddy and Co, Protectobots... etc.

---------------

Landing Pad 4, Metroplex:
Hound drove up to Sky Lynx's ramp and transformed, then boarded.
He gave a pleasant but dampered greeting as he entered.
"Hi Sky Lynx, Sideswipe."
He looked around with a puzzled expression at the noticeable lack of minibots, but didn't ask.

---------------
Citybot airspace
Sludge watched Swoop gliding between Dogfight and Dirge as they drew nearer. He didn't want to be left out, and it was then that the thought occurred to him that Swoop might be intentionally distracting Dogfight. He opened his mouth in anticipation of catching the leading blue jet by the wing.

Swoop's attention was on Dirge's engines though, rather than on Sludge. The dinobot didn't like the noise they made, and even though the noise wasn't as loud in front of the jet as it was behind, he still had a growing urge to turn around and blast the turbines to stop the chilling sounds.
The dinobot grumbled.
"Dogfight maybe take Dirge 'stead of Swoop... why Dirge make whine?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Metroplex

"I'll be there in half a breem," Squeezeplay told Ironhide as he jogged down the hall. A thought struck the Headmaster half a second later. "Oh, and I'm going to want my weapons back, too. Since I'm on the 'trusted' list now and all that, it shouldn't be a problem..."
Aero Blade

Citybot airspace

Post by Aero Blade »

As they continued to move closer to their destination, Dirge was still flying at a bit higher in altitude than Swoop and Dogfight,mostly as he was eyeing Sludge. Even after Swoop speaking to him, the other dinobot still seemed to have an uncomfortabel interest in Dirge, and the jet wanted to be ready to make some evasive manuvers in the event the grounded dinobot wanted to add to the growing lists of disobedient tendancies that Dirge had heard of associated with them...

Dirge was so focusued on watching Sludge, he hardly caught note of Swoop's commentary, something about his engines. He wasn't sure if Swoop was now adressing him or if he was still talking with Dogfight, so for the moment Dirge kept quiet and continued to keep his eyes on Sludge.