General chat about the live action movies

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Denyer
It'd be nice to confirm him as having been asked... I think they'd be slightly insane to pass up the chance, personally, but you never quite know with the movie industry...

They will probably get Ben Affleck or someone.
Trollking
Protoform

Post by Trollking »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
They will probably get Ben Affleck or someone.

Please god no!:eek: If he is attached to the movie I will destroy the world! Because only f*cked up world would do that!
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

Originally posted by Arcee
Does "Cullen said he would do Prime's voice if he was asked to" classify as "real info"?

I'm glad he's wants in on it.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by Arcee
Does "Cullen said he would do Prime's voice if he was asked to" classify as "real info"?

Well, if he does it, I can die happy. :p

LOL!
onearmedrich
Protoform

Post by onearmedrich »

Originally posted by Trollking
Please god no!:eek: If he is attached to the movie I will destroy the world! Because only f*cked up world would do that!

Affleck was the bomb in Phantom! Have you seen any decent Ben Affleck films, ie Kevin Smith directed films? Affleck away from the big Hollywood productions is a good and really funny actor. See Mallrats, Dogma, Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob. Affleck would be a decent enough voice over for a transformer such as a G1 Springer or and Armarda Hot Shot.
Interesting, no sorry wait a minute no, very boring!
Nixons baaaaack!

The script original called for me to say yes, but I gave it a subtle twist.
Coilette:A Calculon story.
Gay Bowel Disease, do you really want that Clay? Ever?
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

Originally posted by Trollking

I'm sorry, but I have to second this notion. Ben would not be the best actor to do this movie. granted, I don't have a replacement in ming, but anyone else, puulleeezzee!!! :wall:
Tracks828
Protoform

Post by Tracks828 »

Ben Affleck eh? I think I'd rather stick my balls in a meat grinder but maybe thats just me.
onearmedrich
Protoform

Post by onearmedrich »

thats a bit harsh, i can imagine affleck being a bit of a beast
Interesting, no sorry wait a minute no, very boring!
Nixons baaaaack!

The script original called for me to say yes, but I gave it a subtle twist.
Coilette:A Calculon story.
Gay Bowel Disease, do you really want that Clay? Ever?
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by onearmedrich
Affleck was the bomb in Phantom!

That was Billy Zane
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Originally posted by Tempest
That was Billy Zane

I dont know why, but I could imagine him as Starscream.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Originally posted by Denyer
Computer graphics. Everything heard suggests it'll be actors and props, with CG blended in

At first I thought:

"Aww man, this is gonna be silly. How can you doa live action TF movie???"

But, after seeing the trailer for I, Robot, I think it could be done very well. :-)
Jexx
Protoform

Post by Jexx »

Originally posted by Elita-One
I would rather see hand drawn animation than computer animation. I like to know that alot of skill & time was put into it.

To see what they have done with Beast Wars for that time, excellent indeed. Really got intresting when they found The Ark.

But I'd rather see an old fashioned hand drawn movie Like Elita-One. The past few years there have been so many computer animated movies that makes you think that the pencil is no more.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Well, as far as Affleck is concerned, it beats the thread that was going when I joined up here. Somebody actually suggested Vin Diesel do the voice of Jazz...
Swooop
Protoform

Post by Swooop »

Originally posted by onearmedrich
Affleck was the bomb in Phantom! Have you seen any decent Ben Affleck films, ie Kevin Smith directed films? Affleck away from the big Hollywood productions is a good and really funny actor. See Mallrats, Dogma, Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob.

ben affleck is a ******. Dogma was good havent seen mallrats, jay and silent bob was good but ben affleck had a minor role in it.

Chasing Amy is the worst and literally gayest movie i have ever seen. The cover had a picture of jay and silent bob, when they were only in one scene for twenty seconds and werent even that funny.

I cant Un recommend chasing amy enough. and ben affleck's name on a movie's credits is enough to stop me going even if its transformers.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Spielberg is going to "oversee" TF the movie??

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3248396
Jexx
Protoform

Post by Jexx »

As long as Spielberg is locked when the movie is directed its okay for me...

And i still cant believe that they continue with the Live Action... Bagh... idiots! I mean with a pencil or computer there are no boundries except your fantasie! I mean unless they can make a preview how Unicron devourers Earth and make a wicked, than im satisfied, otherwise they should keep it like the old movie with pencil or computer drawn like final fantasie...
Jexx
Protoform

Post by Jexx »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Jexx
I mean with a pencil or computer there are no boundries except your fantasie!
And everything looks like the Beano with shading.

There's a story on Ceefax entitled "Transformers to make movie debut". Quality reporting as ever there, Ceefax...
ScotG
Protoform

TF CGI Movie and general TF story ideas

Post by ScotG »

As most of you know, Cybertron is the home-planet of the Autobots and the Decepticons, aka the Transformers. Going further into the story, you know that they were once regular robots who sort of "evolved" to have transforming abilities to complete laborous task and what-not. But I suggest that not all citizens of Cybertron needed to have this ability. I mean if you're a robot with the equivilant of a desk job, then what good is it to transform into anything? Nothing that isn't lame, like a pencil sharpener, would be very suitable.

My point is this... the Transformers are a class of Cybertronians that just make them a bit different. And of course the functionality of their individual transformations justifies sub-classification (ie. military types, sport/entertainment types, construction, etc.)

Then what about those ones that don't actually transform? They aren't transformers, but they are still cybertronians. Well, maybe there are hybrids, as well? Now I'm starting to get to my ideas about Soundwave for the hopeful Movie...

Soundwave... you gotta love the "uncrozzimatic bore" that acts so deviously perfect as on of the Decepticons' spys. To exclude him would be disasterous. But how does one make him look Hollywood Real/believeable? What if we try what worked for the T2000 and Preditor? Active Cammo. With active cammo, Soundwave could not only retain his size and proportions, but he could also continue to be an effective spy. "So then... what did you mean about Hybrids earlier?" you might ask. Well, what if he didn't actually transform into a tape deck or checkpoint scanner or anything, but instead he can just move his limbs and such to better fit into a tighter spot... kinda like a circus contortionist or ninja (he does look kinda ninja-like afterall).

Ah, but the the tapes... This is a problem indeed. You can't really have SW without at least two of his lackeys hangin' around. Rumble for sure, and perhaps lazerbeak or ravage. No one would really like it if he were actually a Combo of all his tapes, probably. Got any ideas?
I've got better things to do tonight than die!
Thundercracker92
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker92 »

This could be big. The newspaper I get said a Transformers movie will be out in 2006.
You check in, but you don't check out!