[Original RPG] Cybertron: Homefront

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Polyhex: Tunnels

Post by Aero Blade »

Breaker's cautioning for quiet had been for the purposes that they were approaching the brig, and being in the ventelation system they'd be easily heard by the guards if speaking to one another. However, before he could lead them there, he paused, looking back over his shoulder and well past the group, back into the darkness. He had sensors set up all over the Cybertronian tunnel systems, and one of them had just relayed to him that a trespasser had been detected entering.

"Change of plans, we're about to be followed," Breaker commed to the group, turning about fully to indicate the change of direction, back out the way they'd come. It probably would have just been easiest to dump this group and slip off into the tunnels and leave them to their fate, but to abandon them in this area and allow them to be caught would have tipped off the Quintessons to his activities.

Normally Breaker wouldn't care about anyone entering the tunnel systems, having proved over the centuries that he was impossible to follow once in the tunnels, but he had company with him right now, and they would be putting out a variety of signals and trails that could be detected that Breaker had masked. The only solution was to backtrack and confront whoever had entered the tunnels long before they figure out where they'd been going. He couldn't take a chance on the intruder simply getting lost like most usually did.
verytired

Back on the streets

Post by verytired »

Eiramnna and Haras left the HQ in kalis on their strom bikes, in the general direction of Iacon. The capital was always exciting after all.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tunnels, Polyhex

Bomb-Burst stopped and sniffed the air as Breaker spoke. Aside from the smell of molten metal that permiated the tunnels, and the fuel exhausts of his party, he could detect another, far-off scent. The Pretender nodded gravely.

"He burns high-quality fuel," he commed to the group. "A Quintesson minion. He must be slain."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tunnel-Rat was in his element deep underground. He was currently tapped into a junction box on the tunnels wall.

"the surveillance system detects some kind of presence and its just started coming our way, I think an ambush is called for."

Detritus looked over

"you mean the game is up , We're in a Dr Kimble situation here."

Tunnel Rat looked puzzled.

"they're on to us , but no matter , it makes it easier for us, makes the prey come to us, Vengeance will be Mine so sayeth Primus. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For it will aid my cause, I will slaughter those who abandoned me and those who wiped out my companions."

Detritus backed away.

"sure thing."

Tunnel Rat controlled his shell to move into a nich on one side of the tunnel while he concealed himself in his own niche opposite.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Kalis, Streets

Gunrunner, after scouting the streets surrounding the base, decided that any Quintesson force followed Cobalt.

He returned to the HQ, ready to report to Moonracer.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"..it's simple enough, blackstar. as you said.. you and your brother will deal with the fliers as best as possible. I'll take the others.. and tear my way through whatever gets in my way... with any luck... we may have backup from an old friend of mine."

Ginrai's optics dimmed somewhat, and opened his comm on a frequency he'd kept reserved back when he and pointblank were working with galvatron to keep cybertron from falling apart...

"Pointblank... This is ginrai. I'm going to need a hand with something... you guys up for crashing a rather large party?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

(OOC: You know, I find it rather sad that the post I made on the last page has as yet gone unanswered. It's not like there's any real need for it.)

The Micromaster Patrol squad had travelled away from Iacon for quite some time, sending out their distress signal, hoping that some Autobot would respond to it.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: There's no one left to respond to your guys' signal, Bombers...all the Iacon Autobots are dead except for your guys. But since you insist... ;) )

Throne Room, Iacon

Ghyrik was waiting for his audience with the magistrate when a frazzled-looking Inquisitor rushed to his side, tenticles flailing wildly.

"General! General! We've detected a signal on Autobot frequencies, moving away from the city!"

Ghyrik glared at the excitable underling. "Have you decoded it?"

"No, sir!" The Inquisitor seemed to try to pull it'self together. "But we've tracked it from it's current location back to very near to the rebel base, sir!"

"I see..." The general activated his comlink. "Overcharge Lieutenant, there's a strange Autobot signal broadcasting outside the city. Send a flight of your men to investigate."
verytired

enroute to Iacon

Post by verytired »

Haras patched over the comms he had been monitoring to his brother as they rode the tortured streets of the once beautiful midway town of SomWare. Eiramnna nearly punched his hand in the air with glee: Autobots! and right in their path!
Gunning the throttle, they screamed into the starlit night, both practically slavering at the prospect of earning some money.

(OOC Hey, how far is Iacon from Kalis? Or, to be more accurate, How many more Posts is it to Iacon?)
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

(OOC: I guess I should be thankful I got someone to (finally) respond to me. I'm really not, though. And if I have to tell you why, then I feel real sorry for you.)

Iacon Border

Roadbuner snarled. "I give up. There's no help coming."

"I guess that means we're on our own, then," Slide moaned in despair.

"Don't be so sure," came a voice from the shadows. The Micromasters immediately transformed to robot mode and pointed their weapons in the direction of the voice.

Emerging from the shadows, Doubledealer glanced down at the Micros. "It's about time you showed up. I was beginning to think that you weren't coming."

"And we wouldn't have," Oiler grumbled. "If we didn't get driven away from the base by an attack by the Quints."

"The Quints attacked Iacon?" Doubledealer thought. "Slag. I'm sorry I missed that."

Aloud, he let out a chuckle. "Then I would think that it makes our meeting all the more important, right?"

Wheelblaze reluctantly nodded. "I guess."

Doubledealer turned back into the shadows. "Then let's go before anyone shows up."

The Micromasters, left with no other option, followed.
Reflector

Iacon: General Ghyrik's Reception

Post by Reflector »

The transmission came in just as OCL was setting his methodically filled datapad on E-43's desk, and he stopped for a moment with it extended in hand to grin at the order. When it was finished, he set the datapad down absently and replied.

"Investigate," he confirmed. "Yes, General Ghyrik."

Without so much as another glance at E-43, OCL turned and marched off to marshall his squadron.

Vector Sigma: Briefing Room

Derby glanced at Blackstar respectfully, hiding his minor resentment. He couldn't be letting ill will get in the way of their work, after all.

"You sure we can count on these guys, sir?" he asked of Ginrai. "It seems risky, calling in external help."

(OOC: EDIT: Crow tastes good...)
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Pointblank shot a confused look around to his fellow renegades inside Blast off.

Pointblank: General Galvatron...we've had a request from Ginrai...looks like he could use some assistance!

Galvatron commed back: "Get his location...we'll meet him there!"

Pointblank: Ginrai...we need you exact location and will rendez vous with you there!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Ginrai's optics narrowed, and his faceplate seemed to shift slightly...

"Derby... it's the best help we'll find on cybertron."

Clicking his internal comm again, he began his resposne

"Poinblank... we'll rendevous five kliks outside kolkular's defense perimiter.. we're comming from crystal city's direction."

"Bots... transform. we're rolling out"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Construction and Training Facility, Kolkular:

Black Battle Convoy: -looking up at the Command Guardian, locked back into it's construction gantry, activates commlink- "Is everyone in position?"

Maelstorm: -over commlink- "Check."

Cenotaph: "Check."

Pyre: "Check."

Deathbringer: "Check."

Mercykiller: "Check."

Terminus: "..."

BBC: -optics narrow slightly- "Er..... okay......" -deactivates commlink-

Technician: "We've locked the cog in the storage vault, sir."

BBC: "Good. They'll be here soon. I can feel it."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Blackstar did a quick check of his systems he reloaded his weapon systems and energon reserves while Ginrai was out and about then transformed into his starfighter mode as Shatterstar transformed and connected on top of him. His engines kicked in as he followed the group from above.

"So Ginrai, I am sure the Quints won't just let us right to the cog, so if it's locked up how are we going to blow the vault? Or should I have some figurepower to blow stuff up?" He asked his radar scanning the area around him.

Sewers

Roadblock really just wanted to slag his targets but figured the fact that molten metal flowed above him that this course of action could be flawed.

"So what's the plan?" he asked via his interal com-link.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Throne Room, Iacon

Ghyrik dropped to one knee before the Imperial Magistrate, inclining his head in respect.

"My lord."

The Magistrate spun around, his spike-crowned doubtful face coming to the fore. "Rise, general. You have something to say to me?"

Ghyrik hesitated for a moment, then drew up to his full height. "Yes, my lord. I have completed the security arrangements for your trip to Polyhex."

He handed a padd to the Magistrate, who only skimmed it before handing it off to one of his Gatekeeper bailiffs. The bailiff then handed it off to the Magistrate's Inquisitor chief of staff.

"Excellent, excellent." The magistrate's tenticles lashed against the ground, and he spun so that his more jovial, grey-and-orange face was looking upon the general. "You have done well. Now, go and see to your other duties."

Ghyrik nodded once, solemnly. "As you wish, my lord."

As he turned, he heard the Magistrate and his aides discussing when they would depart for Polyhex.

It can't possibly be soon enough, the general thought darkly.
Aero Blade

Polyhex: Underground Tunnel System

Post by Aero Blade »

The path Breaker was leading them on seemed to go faster this time, and after awhile it became apparent that he was taking them the 'direct' route, through some secret pasages, isntead of the scenic route they'd been on earlier. It seemed speed was of the essence this time.

"Normally, if it was just me in the tunnels, despite how annoyed I am with intruders in my territory, I'd just leave them to their own devices as they'd never be able to track me down. However, you two and those cassettes weren't made with the same stealth capabilities I was, so you present something they may be able to follow..." Breaker commed back to Roadblock and Bomb-burst.

"Right now they're still only in the begining recesses of the tunnels, near the area where I met wih you earlier. If they've figured out how to use what remains of the old security system they may know we're coming, but that's about all they'll get out of it. It's so deteriorated that I don't bother with it as a reliable security measure. When we do arrive, though, I'd not suggested engaging them. Let them make the first move, and leave us the element of suprize.."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Polyhex

Bomb-Burst frowned, then drew his vibroscythe (although he wisely left the power deactivated for the moment). He nodded to Breaker, but said nothing. Instead, he allowed his optics to track from the mysterious mech to Roadblock, then over to the cassettes.

Kalis

Cobalt nodded to Gunrunner, then tapped his comlink.

"Kick-Off, are you around?"
Reflector

Vector Sigma: Tunnels

Post by Reflector »

Derby obediently transformed to his pickup mode and fell into line behind Ginrai, his thoughts busy with the logistics and probabilities involved in his upcoming jamming maneuver. He let the more senior rebels talk strategy while he pondered. Besides, he didn't want them to see his horror...

Iacon: Border

The rumble of approaching tanks waxed slowly, until the fighter jet above them descended and transformed to robot mode. OCL held up a hand to his platoon, and the tanks stopped thoughtlessly. OCL raised a set of infrared binoculars to his optics, scanning around methodically, until he saw a line of small footprints leading off into the shadows.

OCL turned and barked a bleeping order to his crew, and the tanks followed slowly while OCL moved into the shadows to follow the trail of the Micromasters as stealthily as he could...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Resistance HQ, Kalis:

Kick-Off: -looking into the blackened carberator of his turbo-cycle, sighs, activates commlink- "I read you, Cobalt. Know anything about fuel injection systems?"

Construction and Training Facility, Kolkular:

Black Battle Convoy: -looking at a holomap of the surrounding area, looking at the positions of the Sharkticons- "Looking good......"