[Original RPG] End of the Line: Invasion (San Francisco)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Not again!!!

Jetwave was irritated beyond measure as Skullgrin landed on his deck, half-washed by the water, and fired right under his feet. This time the twin laser shot penetrated the armor and a stream of water began to flow Jetwave's inner cabin.

I'm just about to be out of tricks - he thought gloomily. Left arm's damaged, armor's holed, no conventional weapons to shoot him back... Just great!

In desperate attempt to damage the enemy he surfaced (wincing inwardly as two more holes in his armor were inflicted by Skullgrin's fire) and initiated his Monitor mode transformation. Two sides of a turret which hoisted his prime guns shifted from back to forward, closing around the conning tower... and pinning Skullgrin between them in process.

That was what Jetwave wanted to achieve. The servos whined inside him, trying to finish the transformation... and to squeese the obstruction that prevented it.

That's what it means being innovative, isn't it? - he asked himself, unsure of the enemy's next move.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Shipyard Facility

The drones' work was complete. Hundreds, if not thousands, of them stood in a line, slowly entering the large object that they had built. The object, a transport ship, was likewise complete; it's engines were idling, and it would be ready for takeoff as soon as the drones were done filing aboard.

One of them, the chief drone, send a short burst transmission to their master.

Seconds later, the transport lifted off the ground and blasted off towards space.

Below the Golden Gate

Magnus's arms only deflected Scorponok's leap a little, but it was enough. Instead of slamming head-on into the large Autobot and wrapping him in a death grip, he felt his legs slam into his foe's chest. He flew over-top of the Autobot before splashing down into the water.

As he came down, the chief drone's signal reached him. He nodded gravely, then glanced up at Magnus.

"Another time, Autobot."

Activating his comlink, he sent a message to his troops.

"Decepticons, defeat your foes if you can, then disengage and return to the Nemesis! We have what we came for!"
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

What the...

Jetwave's sensors brought him the picture of the Decepticon ship rising up to the air.

It's enormous!

He was accustomed to seeing big targets but that ship was huge even for his standards!

It's now or never!

He cancelled the transformation to Monitor (Skullgrin fell free from the unclenched parts of the turret but that didn't stopped Jetwave) and transformed into his jet mode! Blasting off, he launched four more Granite missiles - all of them at the bulk of Decepticon ship.

"To all Autobots: this is emergency. A large Decepticon ship being detected! Am engaging!"

And with that signal Jetwave activated his secondary thrusters to catch the fleeing enemy.

There's not many Autobots able to go orbital so easily - he reflected to himself as overdrive was laying additional strain on his systems. Jetfire, Cosmos and me... Feels it's up to me now, isn't it?

"I would appreciate some backup! With real firepower!" - he transmitted to Ultra Magnus as he ascended further.

Oh, what would I give now for just one special shell... The nuclear one... No luck, I' lacking even the conventional ones anyway. Let's fight with what I have!

And four more Granite missiles were launched as the missiles of the first wave closed on target.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Piranacon growled as Defensor managed to stop his assault. He was becoming quite perturbed with his foe, but the order had come in to retreat. With frustrated fury, Piranacon spiked the water and transformed into the Seacons' creature modes.

"Next time you die, Autobot!" Snaptrap cried back as he led the others in swimming off.

Ultra Magnus pushed himself up from the bay once more, the water and plankton dripping off his battered form as he came upright. His optics stayed on Scorponok coldly even as he peripherally watched the emerging ship in the distance. Now he saw, and now he realized that he had failed. His failure, however, betrayed Scorponok's sincerity in the gesture.

"Autobots," Magnus commed to his team. "Allow the Decepticons to retreat, but keep them busy until they're away from the city. I don't want them leaving us any going away presents. Powerglide, Metalhawk, Jetwave, take down that ship!"

Magnus raised his arm and fired off a missile at the transport's disappearing form, but he wagered even the entire team's firepower would not bring it down. Nevertheless, he needed to try.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide grunted in annoyance. His duel with Treadshot would have to wait. At least he didn't have to take a direct shot to make any headway in the fight. He peeled off and accelerated towards the shuttle.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Hawk grunted at magnus' order.. he'd managed by this point to get everyone to the surface of the prison... but he wasn't keen on just leaving them behind either...

"Folks... I need you to trust me... close your eyes... and count backward from ten to one... "

Most did as they were asked... save for a young boy. He looked up at hawk, inquisitively, and asked what the others were either afraid to ask or knew better than to ask..

"Are...are you gonna kill us?"

Hawk's face showed shock. Plain and blatant shock.

"No,... I'm not one of those guys that's about to get away... but I have to go after them. And I can't take off with you and everyone here looking... the light from my jets would burn your eyes, kid."

Content with his anwer, the child closed his eyes...most of the way.

"TRANFORM!" Hawk shouted, leaping skyward, and shunting the shell... Converting into the super-fighter jet that was his alternate mode.

The young boy was the first to open his eyes.. "It wasn't THAT bright! GO GET EM!"

Hawk chuckled to himself as he pushed his afterburners to maximum... " Magnus, we have one shot.. And those missiles that Jetwave just fired aren't likely gonna reach that thing in time. I can make orbit before that THING breaks the atmosphere... but if anyone comes after me, there's no way I can stop it. It'll take an attack I haven't used in a LONG TIME to stop it, and I have to have complete focus to use it... It's up to you to keep everyone clear... and company from getting to me."

Hawk pulled into a 45 Degree climb... and could feel the wind and heat rushing over his metallic skin.

"Ten seconds till sub orbital... Nine.... Eight.....Seven.."
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Hot Spot, they're leaving- you need to disengage." First Aid's mindset brought his concern for the damaged Protectobot leader forward in Defensor's mind.

"We have to go after them now!"
Blades' input was instantaneous and demanding, but Streetwise cut him off.
"No, our speed is too slow. We can't catch them! It's the Escape from Alcatraz all over again."

Groove remained in a listening and accepting mode. He didn't need to wait long however.

Hot Spot broke the connection with the group, letting the non-flying members of the team fall into the ocean. Only Blades remained airborne.
"Blades, fire now! Give them something to speed up their exit!"

Streetwise yelled after the rapidly moving chopper. "Shoot left! There's a current that'll drag your shot otherwise!"

Without hesitation, Blades tried to hone in on the Decepticons, scowling at the distance he had to keep to fire at them. He fired off two 'smart missiles' at the disappearing Seacons.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Not staying to see if her bullet hit (and knowing that in hand to hand combat Brawn probably would win), Nightracer followed Scorponok's order and retreated.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

"Autobot. Soon we will meet again and I, Skullgrin, will destroy you!"

With that, Skullgrin holstered his Slagmakers and nodded at the order to retreat. He swept himself up into the air and began his trip back to base.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide was probably one of the most agile transformers in existance. He was also probably one of the most over-confident in his abilities, but as he shot through the air past the gestalts and the large (compared to him) warrior bots, past huge Scorponok and mighty Ultra Magnus, he couldn't help feel like a flea biting at a dog. But he did what he could, and opened up against the large transport with his machine guns.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Three.. Two... One.... Sub orbital flight achieved. TRANSFORM!"

Hawk shifted into his robot mode once more, drawing his titanium saber.

" Well... let's hope I still can do this..." he muttered

"Powerglide, Break off your attack, and clear all airspace along the following vector!"

Hawk made the calculations, and transmitted the vector to Powerglide

"Primus... Give me strength!" he bit out to a god who could no longer hear him.

energy began to gather within his body... the blade of the titanium saber grew bright white...

" Prepare yourselves, SCUM!" Hawk shouted

The titanium saber disappered, replaced by a white light...

"SHINING ARROW!"

Hawk lobbed the seemingly small object of light at the incomming vessel... and as it closed the distance... the arrow grew in size... growing into a blade of light about hawk's own size.

" I hope powerglide got that escape vector cleared... or we're going to have some SERIOUS trouble if this misses."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The departing transport made no attempt to avoid the incoming attacks. Nor did it make any attempt to return fire on those who were attacking it. Unfortunately (for the Autobots, at any rate), it didn't do either of those things because it simply didn't need to. The vast majority of the incoming attacks were effortlessly absorbed by the ship's shields.

Only Metalhawk's attack carried any real weight. The blazing sword of energy slammed into the shields and knocked the ship significantly off-course. However, the vessel's drone pilots managed to keep it on-course as it rose into the upper atmosphere.

Were one lucky (or unlucky, depending on your persepective) enough to be aboard, they would have heard the telltale whine that heralded the hyperdrive engines' startup sequence.

Scorponok fired several shots into the ground at Magnus's feet, not even trying to hit the Autobot anymore.

Bidden by it's master, the Decepticon city commander's shuttle rose out of the water. Skimming the waves, it headed towards Scorponok.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide veered off along the vector he had been transmitted.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"N...NO! It wasn't enough! BLAST IT!"

Hawk abruptly drew his Jet Rifle, and opened up on the incomming shuttle... but at this point, desparation wasn't going to stop that thing from escaping...

"Magnus, it looks like I won't be able to stop this thing... orders?"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Though the Seacons were fast in the water, they had difficulty outmaneuvering Blades' missiles. The first exploded harmlessly on Snaptrap's massive shell, leaving only scorchmarks as souvenirs. The second hit the already injured Nautilator in the side, blasting off two of his legs and drawing a pained cry from the lobster. Overbite grumbled and doubled back to assist his flailing comrade.

"Idiot," Overbite muttered as he grabbed Nautilator's claw with a talon and swam off after the others.

Tentakil hissed back at the Protectobots and fired a pocket of ink into the water, obscuring the pursuers' view of their escape.

Ultra Magnus barely bothered to lift his feet to dodge Scorponok's blasts. He knew the round had ended, and any ill will at this point was simply a formality. Magnus backpedaled through the water, glancing between the bay and his opposite number as he scoured for the remains of his weapon.

"Autobots, break off attack on the ship. Focus on getting the rest of the Decepticons out of the population zone. Hot Spot, when Piranacon is clear, I need you to spearhead the human rescue efforts."
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Jetwave watched in awe as his missiles evporated as they touched the Deceticon ship's field. He was so awed that didn't noticed as MetalHawk ascended behind him.

So, when the ship and Jetwave in close pursuit reached the orbit, MetalHawk was there already and initiated his superpower attack... which failed.

Wow... this new generation can get to orbit faster than I do... A strange feeling of being outclassed came to him... Then, with some deep satisfaction, he watched the spectacular fireworks as the energy saber collided with the shields - to no awail.

"Nice powermove" - he transmitted to MetalHawk. "Too bad about the result, though..."

As he watched the ship and pondered launching more missiles - just for the good measure - Jetwave received Ultra Magnus's orders about the evacuation.

The battle's over, and we're hardly victorious... - he told himself gloomily, made a roll and let the gravity carry him down to now-deserted battlefield...
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Hawk scowled inwardly

" I've not had to use that attack since the early days of the cybertronian wars... thus, I lost something in it. I wasn't able to gather the energy that it normally would consume..." he replied to Jetwave

He then recieved Ultra Magnus' orders

"Understood, Magnus... I'm comming down."

Hawk shifted into his jet-mode and seemed to drop like a rock... nose perpendicular with the earth below... but pulled out at about 8000 feet, quickly bleeding off speed in a series of turns and corkscrews.

"Blast it, that should have done it! Maybe I really AM too far out of sync with the energies that Ginrai and the other "masters" can harness..."
Scout

Post by Scout »

"We will see to that Magnus." Hot Spot responded quickly over his radio. He frowned as Streetwise and First Aid swam up next to him. An oil slick was spreading around him rapidly on the surface of the water.

Taking note of the situation, Groove called over his radio, "Blades - come back, they're gone."

The idea was not well received. Blades swung back and forth over the blackened water. "I got one! I can still nail the rest of them!"

Groove was patiently insistent. "We need your help here Blades. Hot Spot's injured and the humans need our help."

Reluctantly, Blades turned and flew back towards the rest of the Protectobots who were already making their way towards land.

Streetwise glanced to First Aid. "How bad is the damage?"

First Aid shook his head as they began to climb out. "Not too bad, but problematic. I think I can patch it within a few minutes once we're out of the water.

Hot Spot nodded as they climbed out. "Then do what's needed. The rest of you, Blades, Streetwise, start with the bridge. Groove, tend to the shoreline and the humans there."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide swerved back towards the battle...
BaronFel
Protoform

Post by BaronFel »

Treadshot headed out back towards the Nemesis, before leaving however he sent a short transmition to Powerglide, "That was some good flying, next time though I won't miss.[/b]

With that he began withdrawing.