[Original RPG] End of the Line: Invasion (San Francisco)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Ultra Magnus' fuel pump dropped in the instant he saw the tail charging up with menacing energy. He knew there would be no easy way out of this, and there would need to be a sacrifice even if he was to survive. Moreover, it would take a miracle to do it, but he had to try...

With some reluctance, Magnus threw his rifle directly at Scorponok, intercepting the electrical blast as it flew. The rifle rent and melted, and the radiated heat from the energy transfer boiled the water below and singed Magnus' armor. However, the blast did no mechanical force on the flying gun, and it continued on its unaimed path in Scorponok's direction, now supercharged. Magnus was glad to at least use the distraction to regroup.

"Find anything yet, Metalhawk?" Magnus commed.

The kick came as a surprise to Piranacon, but it was not enough to disengage his combination. However, he did lose his gun and sword as he splashed sideways into the water. With a low growl that quickly progressed into a furious roar, Piranacon emerged from the water violently, throwing his hands and weight to launch a small tidal wave toward Defensor.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

No, not again - was Jetwave's somewhat panicked thought as he saw two barrels of Skllgrin's turret aimed at him. His chest armor was gone almost completely due to his recent reckless attempt to fight Piranacon one-to-one, and another blast in that rarea would endanger his survival again.

By instinct rather than by thought his arms crossed over his head and chest, taking the shells. This served two purposes in fact: while the explosions were taken by his less-damaged armor plates, it also brought him into position to deliver his deadly "scissors" attack on the enemy with his two swords.

Skullgrin was falling straight into the line of strike where he would be instantly cut in two pieces... Or so Jetwave thought as he initiated the attack. Unfortunately, the previous shell hit had damaged his left arm actuator and the arm moved too slowly, disrupting the strike. Even so, his right-hand sword slashed against descending enemy.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Scorponok scowled as he saw Magnus's now-electrified weapon flying towards him. However, with one claw burried in the Bay's muddy bottom, there was little he could do to avoid it. The projectile arced over his head and slammed into the midpoint of his tail, discharging it's electrical charge into the nearby servomotors that allowed the tail to move and aim. The charge didn't penetrate any deeper into his body, however, because the tail section was by necessity heavily insulated against electric current.

Without even looking, the Decepticon city commander knew that his tail would be frozen in place for quite a while. Thankfully, the firing mechanisms hadn't taken any damage...although that wouldn't do much good unless Magnus was stupid enough to walk straight up to him and stand around waiting to be melted.

Not even an Autobot would be that stupid. The Decepticon considered for a moment while he levered himself back into a proper standing position. Well, maybe Grimlock...

Stalking forward, Scorponok glared towards his foe.

"For that," he said, "you die!"

With a single pump of his massive legs, he launched himself though the air towards Magnus, arms spread wide to encompass the Autobot in a deadly bear hug.

Shipyard Facility

The newly-produced drones, joined by yet more reinforcements, began assembling what appeared to be an extremely large vehicle of some sort.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

No!

Skullgrin transformed into his robot mode and tried to fly upwards but it was too late. He had already slipped through most of the attack on his descent then something happened. Somehow the winds had moved him onto his back, and then the swords connected with his chest. One of them stuck into the metal while the other barely reached him at all. Skullgrin groaned in pain. He could do nothing to Jetwave at this point. He was a sitting mech.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

"Now I've got you" - Jetwave watched with amusement and obvious satisfaction as Skullgrin was pinned by his sword.

He returned the left-hand sword back to his wing which was folded behind him, not trusting his damaged arm to wield it anyway. The second sword he pulled from the enemy's chest.

I must kill him but I can't. It's wrong... I can feel it somehow. That's strange - I fought the enemies before and the final blow was never a hard thing to accomplish... Perhaps it was impersonal then, a shell or missile to launch at the enemy far away - and now the foe is before me and my sword must end his existence...

Or perhaps it's because of the understanding I've received a while ago... Anyway, I've got to find another choice.

"I won't kill you... But you'll hate me for that anyway" - and the sword was brought down in a calculated strike, not to disrupt the main system support but do render the actuators useless. If accomplished correctly, this strike could leave its victim an unmoving shell for a long while... Until, of course, the repair curcuits would finish the patching job, which took from five to ten breems - a long time indeed.

The blade fell swiftly...
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Skullgrin could sense the conflicting confusion in Jetwave. He giggled somewhat out of glee but also out of pain.
As the sword released from him he let out a roar of pain, but it stopped as did the pain.

"No, I don't hate you, I thank you."

The thrusters within Skullgrin's goot, those that could let Decepticons fly, propelled him backwards just as the sword fell. He just missed it by an nanoinch, if not less.

This is the time. The perfect moment. When the enemy has entered a state of shock, confusion. Time to strike

He removed one Slagmaker and fired one consistent bolt straight at Jetwave, all the while propelling backwards.
BaronFel
Protoform

Post by BaronFel »

Treadshot grinned as his intended target dodged. Apparently he had chosen a quck flyer. Good, he loved a challenge.

"See if you can dodge this Autobot!" he said as he started moving closer and fired another precise shot towards Powerglide's wing.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

The blade fell... but Skullgrin wasn't in its course.

Jetwave paused in amusement - for a nanobreem, not more - and then he fell himself, caught by the powerful blast from the enemy Slagmaker.

The pain was enormous... but, somehow, he managed to process his thoughts despite of it, like two independent processes. He felt that several circuits in his chest were shortcutting again, but that didn't inhbited his decision making.

Transform!

The command was responded to with excruciating slowness... or so it seemed in this state, where all movements seemingly took astroseconds to be executed. The wings shifted from his back on his sides, his arms and legs merged with the torso... and a great cloud of superheated steam was blown back towards Skullgrin as the jet engines started.

The jet - large, black and green, somewhat rectangular and with unusual (for the eyes of Earth creatures anyway) proportions raised vertically from the water, stood for some time on twin columns of its exhausts then accelerared upward.

Either close combat or long-range battle. Medium ranges are not for me... not in this state, anyway.

Considering the Decepticon - he's either damaged enough so he'll be out of battle, at least for some while, or he will folow me... and will be out of battle anyway.

By the way, I can lure him deeper to the sea, where his weapons won't hurt me - in the water - and mine will...

With all this thoughts Jetwave adjusted the trajectory so he now moved not up but from the shallows to the deper parts of the sea... accidentally towards the place where Ultra Magnus and Scorponok were still locked in furious fight.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Afraid so, Magnus... Humans. a LOT of them. Looks like a tour group was comming through from before the cons struck... I'll do what I can, but they're down below the surface... "

Hawk's armor began to illuminate the chamber... dozens of humans... from children to borderline elderly stood and sat in the chamber... some trapped under debris... others too terrified to move.

"Take it easy folks... help's at hand."

Hawk started over to a woman who's child had his leg trapped under a cross section of piping... and with little effort bent the pipe away to free the lad.

"You're... you're not one of us, are you?" the young boy asked

"If by that you mean I'm not part of the tour group... then you're right, kiddo." hawk shot back... as much as he wanted to calm those present, he had to get everyone free first... and check for injuries as well.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide spun through the air, narrowly dodging the second blast by Treadshot. It took all of his concentration and agility to keep avoiding these blasts, he had no time to fire back.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Skullgrin was thrown backwards by the gust of air and steam even more so that he was before. He later transformed into his tank mode and hit the ground.

If I go to him, he will have the advantage. No. I cannot do that

He fired another round of shells towards Jetwave. He knew a long range battle could me more difficult, but Skullgrin thought that it was what had to be done.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Ha! He can't even fly to follow me! - Jetwave exclaimed to himself as he rose into the air and Skullgrin hadn't followed him.

But, unfortunately, he can fire - Jetwave's sensors detected two blasts from within the steam cloud and automatically adjusted his course so the shots whistled overhead.

He scanned the waves under him.

If the sea is deep enough I should submerge and attack from under the surface. That's my primary advantage, after all!

He turned the engines off, folded his wings and continued his flight, losing speed and altitude with each nanobreem. At last, he dropped into the sea, raising a curtain of water around the place of his impact.

After a short while the surface was clear again. Not a mark betrayed the submarine that lurked underneath preparing its deadly weapons to strike...
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
BaronFel
Protoform

Post by BaronFel »

Treadshot grinned as his opponent dodged a second blast and let loose firing three shots in diffirent areas trying to box Powerglide in. The little mini-bot was well worth Treadshot's effort.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Hmm. It would seem brute force is now required once again

The Pretender shell covered Skullgrin in an instant, revealing the white monster. Quickly its hands moved and it took out the Slagmakers again but then he combined them, making a double barrelled cannon.

He aimed it at Jetwave and began running towards him at the fastest speed he could. He then fired but continued running.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Treadshot's blasts did indeed box Powerglide in. If he wanted to ever return fire, he was going to have to take one of these blasts full on. He spun between the three blasts, preparing himself for what was to come.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Skullgrin's laser blasts aimed at Jetwave succeeded only in making two more pillars of steam to rose from the water as their energy was absorbed and dissipated.

"You can't get me while I'm down here" - a taunting signal from Jetwave came to him - "but I can get you!"

Two more black slick deadly projectiles emerged from the water ans split: one Granite missile aimed itself directly at Skullgrin while the other one rose high to the sky and then started to descend.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Though he'd had a moment to get back to his feet and recalibrate his gyroscope, Ultra Magnus had no time to prepare for Scorponok's surprisingly agile pounce. He could only throw his arms in front of him, in the hope of putting an obstacle in the way of Scorponok's hold, before the enemy's great weight fell on him and crashed him back into the water again.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Brawn's tire burst but that didn't stop the jeep from barreling forward.

"Gonna have to do better than that!" He yelled a moment before impact.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"The water! The humans!" First Aid and Streetwise's minds were running along the same thought line as they registered Piranacon's attack.
Defensor's facial features turned from pain to a look of horror as the combiner realized the wave force traveling toward him. Quickly, he grabbed two sizeable pieces of demolished bridge and braced himself to break up the flow of the wave to prevent it from hitting the opposite shore.

As the spray surged up and broke, Hot Spot forced a line of thought to the others. "Take offensive position and force him away!"

With quickening speed, Defensor moved in to close on Piranacon.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Skullgrin stopped. He seen the missiles come at him and waited. A devilish grin smirked across his face.

The missiles came directly at him but he jumped at the last nanosecond. The descending missile could not change its course and it collided with the other. Skullgrin's jump didn't work too well though.

The blast through him into the air. His systems were going crazy, his shell program adding more violent thoughts to his head to keep him going. The blast propelled him just enough so that he was able to land on Jetwave.

The pain was in his legs. They were slow to response while he was in the shell but he decided to bear with it.

"And now Autobot, I can get you!", he screamed , firing the cannon.