[Original RPG] End of the Line: Invasion (San Francisco)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Groove saw Powerglide coming and flashed a grin.

Oh yeah - extra help!

"Powerglide- can you help me pour the cement to hold the ground in place while Jetwave keeps it from moving?"
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

"Like that?" - Jetwave asked Groove, jumping in the water and pushing a mass of mud and stones back to the shore. "It's easy enough! Am I doing it right?"

Strange indeed. Looks like that Autobot actually enjoys working for the humans' sake! By the name of Primus - he's not a Constructicon, what's in it for him?

All Autobots on this planet are so caring about humans, so protectful of them... Perhaps... perhaps they're right and I'm wrong? But they're still here, on this planet, and the Decepticons are giving them one beating after another, while on Aqua we implemented another tactics and won with it?

I must talk to somebody about it. To Ultra Magnus or Prime himself. Else I won't be able to understand anybody here at all.

And he pushed the earth and stones even further.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide helped Groove pour the cement.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Ultra Magnus began the long wade deeper into the bay, giving no attention to the fairly significant wounds he had received battling Scorponok or the continual stinging the intruding salt water gave him...

"Sorry, Brawn," he called back over his shoulder. "Maybe next time. For now, there's a bridge that could use some hands to fix."

As Magnus made his way into the waist-deep water below the bridge, he dug his feet into the floor for traction, lifted his hands above his head, and forced the heavy bridge back up approximately into place. He didn't betray any signs of how much physical stress the operation was, but he certainly hoped Streetwise and Blades worked fast...
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

(ooc: 4 days without a post in this thread! What's going on? Get a move on, people!:D )

Powerglide moved down the shoreline, pouring cement, and trying hard not to get any on his (scratched, dinged, banged up) nice paint job.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Ooc - Sorry Zisteau! There's a bunch that happened for me this weekend (injured critters, funeral, all sorts of stuff) and the whole staff has also been making preparations for midterms. A little haphazard posting now will mean a smoother flow later (I hope) ;) We'll work on wrapping this section up now.

"Got it Magnus!" Streetwise called loudly as he welded and fused the beams in place. Blades did likewise on the other side and waved back with a bored look to show he was finished as well.

"That about patches everything up here." Groove looked up at Powerglide and Jetwave as he commed Hot Spot. "The humans ought to be able to take care of the rest themselves now Hot Spot - we're done."

"Way to go." The response came quickly as Hot Spot finished pushing a barge back into position and surveyed the work. "Great job everyone. Ultra Magnus, we're done."

"I'm not." First Aid motioned quickly at the field commander out in the water. The medic's sharp optics hadn't missed the pained expression on the damaged autobot.

"We've got to get him where I can repair those injuries before the salt starts to compromise his inner functions."

Hot Spot nodded. "On board, on the way back First Aid. Let's get a move on then."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Brawn dropped under the bridge with Magnus.

"Let me give you a hand with this one Magnus!"
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

"E-eh... wait, guys! Will somebody care to patch this before I'll be carrying you all back to base?" - Jetwave exclaimed angrily pointing at his ruined chest armor plate.

As all work here's done - it should be time for a quick repair, at last! Or do they expect me to do it in my condition?

"The holes can wait but do something with the circuitry inside, please" - he continued looking directly at First Aid. "It's shorting all over and I have a difficulty with left arm actuator."

And while they'll be patching up Magnus I'll try to talk to him.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

having dealt with the fires via his sonic boom, Metalhawk, floated down to magnus and the others...

" Well... the certainly did a number this time, didn't they..." hsi face was grim, and there were visible signs of anger... anger at himself for not being here to do something about it sooner.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Having been a distance off from the big jet, First Aid hadn't seen the damage he had sustained.

"Oh gosh! That is severe!"
First Aid motioned Jetwave over to a parking lot as he pulled out his tool kit. "Over there. I can take care of that now, Jetwave. Afterwards, I'll take care of Ultra Magnus."
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

"Thanks" - Jetwave replied to First Aid in more calm mood.
"On Aqua, we used to contend with the battle damage until base repair... We hadn't field medics among us and that cost a number of good 'Bots, too."

He layed down and allowed the medic to lift his chest plate (or what remained of it) and get to the core circuits.

"But here it seems unreasonable to rely on damaged systems while it can endanger the others."

Jetwave tried to get a look inside his opened chest but was unable to bent his neck that way. Instead, he continued with his talk:

"I just don't recommend you, guys, trying to stay inside me in my submarine mode. The hull's breached in several places and internal chamber is filled with water almost momentarily.

Or some of us are 'Bots who like to be drowned, eh?" - he chuckled to himself.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Magnus lowered his hands slowly and with a soft groan. He was pleased to see that the damage done had been repaired easily enough; the Protectobots were good for that. He gave Brawn a thankful but commanding nod.

"I think we've done as much as we can here. Let's get back to Autobase."

He began wading through the water once more, this time toward the end of the bridge and the parking lot where First Aid was repairing Jetwave.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide leapt into the air, transforming somewhat stiffly, and flew off for Autobase.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

frustration had been building up in Metalhawk since he arrived in san-fran... flying over the water toward the shoreline, he made his way toward the main office of Seiber-Trahn inc... where he would likely find his second in command sitting smugly in HIS office... in HIS chair... abusing HIS PEOPLE.

Hawk shifted back to his human form several blocks from the office, and continued to walk the rest of the way. arriving at the building, he entered, and was shocked to see that the secretary he'd personally selected for duty in the main lobby was not there... she'd been replaced... and apparently not even hawk's direct orders could be considered viable right now.. heading for the elevator, hawk began to fume. it was then the new secretary, a red-headed woman who may as well have been out of some adult movie, stopped him, asking, "Excuse me, sir, but do you have an appointment?"

Hawk turned his head to her, his face calm, but his eyes cold as ice.

" As a matter of fact I do. I've got an appointment, alright. An appointment to FIRE my CEO. and while I'm at it, call ms. bristow, and inform her she can have the rest of the day off paid, but I'll need her back in tomorrow. and by the way... YOU're fired as well."

The red-head's eyes widened, realizing just who hawk was.

"Y...yes sir, Mr. Hawkwing, sir..."

Hawk had never really liked the full last name his earth form had taken, but all the same, it worked. The elevator arrived on the top floor, and hawk emerged, power-walking down to his office's main doors, only to find two seemingly armed guards.

" Great. How much is he paying you bozos to keep me out?"

The two were silent, arms crossed.

"Alright, tough guys. Let me do you a favor. I'll cut you some slack this time. I'll double your pay for the day, and consider bringing you on as security detail, but I'm not going to be stopped from firing my CEO."

The man on the right stepped away, realzing what was being offered, and the potential consequences of denying Michael Hawkwing something that he asked them to do. The second however, still stood adamant, not budging.

"Hey, you there. what's your name?"

" Luke. "

"Think you could convince your friend here to let me into my office?"

"I'm afraid not, sir... at this point, the only way we can get you in there...is this way."

Luke lurched at the second guard, spearing him in the side.

"Thanks. I'll see to it you get your spot on the security team, luke. and a nice pay rate to boot." Hawk smiled at him as he opened the door.

His office... was more or less devoid of his personal effects. years of work, and then some, were gone. likely thrown out by his second.

" You really think you can just barge in here and fire me, Michael?"

the man in the chair turned to face him. a middle aged man, blonde hair, blue eyes... and a slight german accent.

" I knew it was a mistake to bring you on from the beginning, Schroder... And yes. I CAN just fire you. "

" I think not, Michael. I've more or less replaced your entire staff here, there's no one here that's loyal to you anymore. So you see, I hold all the cards in this game."

"Funny... In Uno, holding no cards means I WIN, Schroder. "
With a simple shout, Luke came into the office, grabbing up Schroder, and tossing him out. On the way to the door, Michael made one final comment.

" Try to destroy what I've built again, Schroder, and you'll be in for an even rougher time next I see you."

Hawk sat down at his desk... the only thing in the office of his personal effects that remained. picking up his phone, he began the long task of getting ahold of his personell again... looking up at luke, he spoke while the phone was ringing.

"Luke, would you be so kind as to get on the intercom and inform the personell in this building that are not currently under direct employment from Michael Hawkwing that they are fired, and as such, need to leave?"

"Done sir." Luke spoke with a slight smile. "I think this is the beginning of a fantastic work relationship, Mr. Hawkwing. I look forward to workin' for you."

The large black man headed out the door, and no sooner did he do so than the phone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Pepper, how are you?"

"M...Michael? Boss? I thought you..."

"No... Schroder lied. I need you back here as soon as you can... and I'll gladly give you triple pay for the rest of the day, but we need to get ahold of the rest of the old staff and get them back here as soon as possible. San Francisco's gonna need some serious disaster relief, and I want to be first in line."

"You got it, boss."

Pepper hung up, and michael sighed to himself.

opening his internal comm, he radioed magnus.

"Ultra Magnus, This is Metalhawk. I'm going to stay behind here in San Francisco... I just had to deal with an attempt at a take-over, and I think my company could provide a great deal of funding for disaster relief.... "
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Jetwave stood up admiring the completed repair job by First Aid.

"Excellent!!! Unbelievable!!! I just hadn't realised..." - his joints creaked - "how many holes were in me!!! Thanks, friend, and... anytime... well.. you know what I mean..."

Without having finished he transformed abruptly into his Shuttle mode and lovered the exit ramp.

I don't know what to say to them. They're unefficient, they lack ruthlessness and purpose... but they do care for each other the way we never did on Aqua...

I don't believe it. Was I brought here for this? To understand that there can be something more than victory?

I don't understand. But I will.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Brawn jumped into the water and followed up behind the large Magnus.

"When are we going to get to go on the offensive? They keep attacking and we're just waiting. It's time for us to go out and bash heads." Brawn said, hoping for Magnus to atleast partially agree.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Magnus continued on, the water splashing and dripping from his frame as he emerged more fully from the water with every step taken. He contemplated Brawn's words silently for a moment - he was one Magnus could always trust to speak frankly, even when it may border on dissent. Magnus glanced down at the Minibot with a sigh as he came to the shore.

"You may be right, Brawn. I'll discuss the matter with Prime when we're back."

He cut himself short at Metalhawk's transmission and clicked on his comm to respond.

"Copy that, Metalhawk. Just call if you ever need anything. All right, Autobots, let's get a move on."

Magnus transformed at rolled up Jetwave's ramp, glad that in his truck form he couldn't show his weariness...
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Jetwave wasn't sure if it was time to speak to Ultra Magnus now, when all Autobots frim the mission will gather to be transported back. But when Magnus transformed and tried to get inside his crew compartment he avoke from the thoughts and commed him immediately:

"Ultra Magnus, this is me, Jetwave. I've asked you to have a discussion... but this can wait.
All I want to ask you now is to open your trailer and take somebody inside. Else I'll never get you all from here, you know..."

He paused.

"And... perhaps we could have our discussion while in flight? What do you think?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Magnus stopped halfway up the ramp. Of course! In all he'd been thinking about with Brawn's suggestions, the damage done, and the Decepticons' motives, he'd forgotten that the crew certainly wouldn't fit in Jetwave as they were. He dropped his trailer ramp a bit creakily to the ground and pulled his hand brake.

"That's fine, Jetwave. All right, let's load up, Autobots."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide shot towards Autobase, not waiting for the other autobots. He wanted to get repaired and get back in action as soon as possible.

(ooc:next Powerglide post will be in the Autobase thread.)