[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising from the Ashes continued (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Pincer sighed and shook his head as he got on board.

This is going to be a long trip. Oh well. Just head straight for the lab and everything will be fine. Dai Atlas does have a lab on this ship....right? Primus, please tell me he has a lab on this ship.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Fort Max. Command Center.

"Get a load of this guy." Pipes said to Arcee. "Sheesh." Pipes got up and walked out of the command center muttering under his breath.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quickmix's Lab

Huffer walked into the alchemist's lab. "Ah, Quickmix, I've been looking for you. I've been redesigning Metroplex, but his alloy is extremely out of date. I was wondering if you could come up with something?" Huffer pulled a chunk of Metroplex's armor out of subspace that he had obtained earlier while reinforcing the ground. He held the chunk out to Quickmix.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

"I'm out already!" Arcee says to Groundshaker, exiting the command centre at a brisk step in order to make her way outside and start her patrol.

"Hey, no need to get in a bad mood," she says to Pipes as she's walking past him.

[OOC: That's assuming she and Pipes won't be patrolling paired up together, because in that case, she'd walk with him, obviously.]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Makeshift Medbay, Fort Max

Red Alert watched the now-insensate Hound for a second before replying to Prowl.

"You should talk to Fortress, too. We can't expect him to remain ignorant of Prime's injuries for long if the repairs continue inside his city, and it would be better if he heard about it from us."

The security officer mulled over the information about Blitzwing.

"Interesting," he said simply. Despite the Decepticon's apparent conversion to their cause, it simply wasn't in his nature to trust someone like him.

Launch Pad, Fort Max

Hot Rod walked into Dai Atlas' passenger compartment, casting a glance at Chromia as he did so.

"Don't knock him." he said. "Wreck-Gar may have a few screws loose, but he's always there when we need him."

Recoil walked up the ramp, sat in one of the Micromaster-sized seats near the front, and strapped in.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix nodded

"an excellent plan young Huffer . When he was designed it was state of the art that was many years ago. I should be able to cook something up but wer'e going to need a lot of raw materials."

He scrolled through his data pad

"let me see a variation of alloy 786-98c might do the trick. What do you think ."

Shows pad to Huffer

"it will need a bit of tweaking, but we're going to need moulds, and jigs and dies and a lot of steel and platinum and wolfram and aluminium and some other stuff."

Shows Huffer a list

"we don't have the transport capacity at the moment we're going to have to borrow a train or something from the humans take it round loading it up and run it down to the nearest station and tranship it to here."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Launch Pad, Fort Max

Chromia laughed at Hot Rod as he walked past her.

"It's a joke kid...You know a ......ah, never mind.."

As the others boarded, she looked around and mentally counted the group.

"Ah, wheres Bluestreak?"
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Fort Max Command Center

"Hiya, Rosdos" Cliffjumper replied, waving at the newcomer, before turning back to Warpath, he liked the other minibot, they almost when it came to fighting "You wanna come patrolling with me, Warpath?"

Med-bay, Fort Max

Wheeljack started to look around the med-bay while he silently and patiently waited, his fingers drumming "Oops, I did it again" by a Ms Spears on the metal surface on the med-table, then he stopped and chuckled, muttering "Considering my track record, that's a very suitable song"

Launch Pad, Fort Max

Registering Dai Atlas' movements of leaving the room had triggered some sort of automatic reaction from Bluestreak and the gunner slowly rose to his feet, trailing after the larger Autobot.

Arriving at the launching pad, the events in the shuttle remembering him of his city, he didn't stop to talk to the others, darting on board the shuttle and dashing to the back, sitting huddled in a corner, a look similar to a frightened animal on his face.

Airfield

"We're constructing an underground tunnel" Grapple replied, glancing at Brawn "I need mechs with drills and skills in mining. As soon as the others arrive, we can pick a suitable spot close to the air-field and begin"

Then he turned to Hoist "I apologise for this, my friend, but just after I asked you to help out here, Fort Max contacted me, he requires your skills at the moment"
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

(outside Autobase)

Nick: well here we are, wow its been ages

Browning: I’m dead

Nick: Hu?

Browning: I'm dead meat, doomed, There’s no way they'll let me in

Nick: you worry too much. Come on lets see if my access stuff works

*please enter access code*

Nick proceeds to enter his old Autobot ID

*access Granted*

Nick: sweet.....

Browning: yea yea who do we look for?

Nick: Ultra Magnus, uum cant miss him big, bluish, you’ll know him

Browning: that’s what I’m afraid of.
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Launch Pad, Fort Max, aboard Dai-Atlas...

Chromia watched as Bluestreak came aboard and preceeded to all but hide in the corner.

She noticed that the others chatted a bit amongst themselfs, but this one.....

Somethings not right. He's....terrified.....

She started to say something to the gunner, but hesitated.

Maybe I'm imagining things...

As the blue mech huddled in the corner, she edged herself closer to him.

"So, Bluestreak. All set to go?" She asked in a soft voice.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"An excellent and observant suggestion Red Alert. I will call the three in the next few minutes." Prowl replied quickly and then turned his attention to Silencer.

"Silencer, would you take a few moments to help Smokescreen coordinate orders of supplies and on-hand stock? He should be here any moment. All that is required is for you to type in amounts on the human-sized computer as he deciphers and reads them from his lists. Once they are entered, he can send out requisition forms to the supply companies here on Earth and they will return pick-up dates. Then you and Landfill can pick up the supplies as they are made available."

Smokescreen felt the summon signal and dropped his game, hurrying towards security.
=========

ooc: Igos - You need to slow your characters down please. They cannot just "appear" out of nowhere. They should have at least a coule of posts where they are moving *towards* the destination.

Ultra Magnus wasn't quite certin whether or not he approved of the glances, but he chose to trust the assessment.

"Okay Big Daddy, we need to start up the foundry and begin production of our repair hardware. Would you see to it and then meet me in the security room in 30 minutes?"

Standing guard in the rain, Blitzwing's attention turned to a sudden and really unexpected movement. He watched for a moment and then radioed Fortress' security code.
"Blitzwing here. There's a human in front of the base."

-------------
-------------
Spike ran into the medical bay and panted a couple times before waving a frantic hand at the nearest medics he saw.
"Brainstorm, Minerva! We need your help! Hound's hurt bad- in the delivery bay."
-----------
-----------

Mirage stayed quiet, still in a state of shock. All he could do was watch the ongoing movement and noise with a blank expression.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Yeah," Big Daddy replied. "But we're going to need s'more help down here. This isn't a job four little guys can do on their own. 'Shaker's probably still coordinating defenses and such. I'm sure that Captain Kirk is doing anything. Mind gettin' him on the horn and down to this flop?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Silencer stopped fiddling with the radio on Prowl's dash

"does this thing work, Landfill's always inflicting songs the humans call country and western on me all about trucks."

Prowl spoke to him .

"sure thing mate , i'll just hop out here right."

He opened the door and got out of Prowl

"Landfill and I are going to be burning up the miles then , lets hope he doesn't play that there Dollie Parton over and over again like last time . He's got into this Earth culture in a big way. We should never have left him alone in the library that time ."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Inside Dai Atlas

Hot Rod shook his head at Chromia's reply, then found himself a seat.

Off on another whirlwind adventure... he thought with equal amounts excitement and disappointment. As much as he enjoyed the occasional crazy excapade, a big part of him would much rather be goofing off...fishing with Daniel, goading Kup into a lecture, or something. Even listening to one of the old mech's war stories...as much as he pretended to be bored by them, he'd been just as interested as the Dinobots most of the time.

But none of those things are ever going to happen again. Daniel has to be over twenty years old by now, and Kup... The young Autobot shook his head sadly.

Makeshift Medbay, Fort Max

Red Alert clicked his comlink in acknowledgement of Prowl's call, but didn't say anything. He kept his attention focused on Prime, Hound, and anything that seemed to pose a potential threat to them.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet stepped back from his work for a moment to examine what he had acheived so far.

Looking at Prime he was satisfied that he had stabalized the Autobot leader and had removed all the irrepairable parts.

Taking a moment to compose himself Ratchet picked up his tools and continued the surgery
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Fortmax command center----------
"Sure! I can go with you."Warpath replied Cliffjumper.
Then he turned to Rosdos"Can you come with us?"
"If you want."Rosdos replied.

----------Airfield----------
"It's alright look like Fortmax isn't far from here."Hoist replied Grapple.
Then he tranformed and heading to Fortmax.
Brave Maximus

Fortress Maximus - Launching Pad

Post by Brave Maximus »

With everyone on board, the doors to the cabin closed shut. Dai Atlas' main engines rumbled to life and the entire shuttle began to shutter at the force being constrained by the breaks.

"Fortress, this is Dai Atlas on launch pad 1 - I'm heading out!"

With that, the catapult released and the magnetic accelleration, combined with the shuttles thrusters launched the shuttle into the air at a 45 degree angle. They were almost at mach speeds when they reached the end of the ramp - And while Dai Atlas' enertia dampeners were straining to keep up, the passengers were still feeling at least 3 G's.

When the giant Autobot reached the end of the ramp, his secondary thrusters and Anti-grav units kicked in and Dai pulled them up steeper. With the Anti-grav units taking the brunt of the lift forces - Dai pushed everything he had into his main engines (Now that they were safely above Autobase) and the blue-white flames were well over 100 feet long, thrusting the Autobots closer to the mach 10 needed to escape the Earths atmosphere. The sky around them gradually started to lighten: At first the dark blue of the costal mountian areas, then lighter until it was almost a pale white. It was at that point that you could see the deviding line. With in a few Minutes, they were no longer in the pale blue atmosphere, but starting on the blackness of Space. Once they escaped the Earth, Dai Atlas stablized their speed and all G forces dissappeared. He brought the nose around a little and aimed for the Moon.

"We've left the Earth's atmosphere - We'll reach the moon in a little over 2 hours. We'll sling shot it around and aim for Nebulos. I'll be leaving the Artificial gravity off until we reach the edge of the solar system. It'll help when we pull G's and I'll need to conserve as much energy as I can, while I wait for the solar collecters to do their job."

(OOC: And we're off! Later today [The 8th], look for the new thread - as soon as I think up a cool name.....)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: "All right, Spike. I'll go take care of him. What happened, something heavy land on him?" -heads out of medbay-

Holodeck:

Trannis: -slashes at Snarl-

Grimlock: -slashes at Flame-

Jhiaxus: -fires more missiles at Swoop-

Macabare: -drops his destroyed fusion cannon(unable to dodge Snarl's strike), scuttles backwards-
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

*Nick and Browning start walking down the corridor but Browning (Being a Depiction) trips the alarm*

Browning: I hate you.

Nick: Don't move let them get here they are less likely to blow you sky high.
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Holodeck

Holo-Flame blocked Grimlock's slash, then tried to headbutt the Dinobot leader.

Snarl ducked under holo-Trannis's slash (not that hard, since the Decepticon was half-again as tall as he was), drew his laser rifle from subspace and fired at the hologram's knee.

As he did so, the gleeful fog of war that surrounded him seemed to part long enough to allow a worried realization in.

"Uh...boss..." He cast a glance over his shoulder, towards Grimlock, "Did you change the program settings? The sim I called up shoulda ended when we scragged Straxus."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Holodeck:

Grimlock: -greets Flame's headbutt by driving his own head forward, hoping to crush Flame's cranial casing- "Why you think me in here? Work off stress?" -scowls- "One of Throttlebots under some kind of mind control, try to sab..... sabu..... mess up base. Him plant bomb in medbay and tamper with holodeck settings. Me come in here to get you out before holodeck program kill you!" -glares at the rest of the Dinobots- "Me not expect rest of you to come in here."

Trannis: -leaps to avoidSnarl's shot, snapping a spin kick at the Dinobot's head-

Macabare: -pulls second fusion cannon, aims at Sludge, fires-