[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising from the Ashes continued (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising from the Ashes continued (Autobase)

Post by Reflector »

Summary: While the Autobots at the remains of their city continue to pick up the pieces and regroup after the Decepticons' latest assault, Optimus Prime leads a squad to rescue Mirage from the clutches of the enemy.

Outside Fort Max

Having finished loading his tanks and hold, Skyfire pushed himself to his feet and sighed. He looked around the air above and listened for a long moment, making sure none were passing overhead. When he was satisfied, he broke into a jog, transformed, and lifted slowly to arc toward his destination.

Outside Metroplex

Ultra Magnus nodded to the transmission, responding to Prime's and clicking off when he was finished.

"Roger that. Tracks, Sky Lynx, I need you two to head south to Los Angeles and scope out a Decepticon problem. Urban tactics: minimum force, as always."

Magnus raised a hand to his mouth and called across the field.

"Scoop! Go with them as backup. It may be a trap."

Magnus looked down to Tracks with seriousness and nodded once with a prayer he wouldn't be sending three fine soldiers to their maker.

"Be careful."
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Outside Fort Max

"Sounds like he'd get on perfectly with Wheeljack" Cliffjumper replied as he started heading up the ramp leading inside Fort Max "Don't need gadgets to fight Decepticons personally, my own two fists and my gas gun suit me just fine"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Fort Max

Prime switched his comlink over to Hoist's frequency.

"I don't think there's much to be done right now," he said. "Grapple or Ratchet might have something they need done, though."

He heard Magnus's acknowledgement come through on the other channel, and felt a bit of wieght lift off his shoulders (proverbially, of course, since he was parked in truck mode waiting for Prowl) as responsablity for dealing with the latest Decepticon attrocity shifted to his trusted second-in-command.

Corridors, Fort Max

Red Alert paced in the corridor outside Wheels' cell. He'd left the room in disgust and was now trying to work past the urge to beat some sense into the prisoner.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Tracks: "Of course I'll be careful. I just got my body fixed, after all." -shifts into reverse, revving engine- "Scoop, hook up with Sky Lynx. He can get you there faster than I could..... And I must say, that shade of orange really isn't your color, old boy." -activates commlink as he releases the clutch, rear tires digging into the ground as he backs up, slamming on brakes to slew his nose around 180 degrees, then shifting into first, rear tires kicking up more dirt as he roars away- "Sky Lynx, this is Tracks. Pick Scoop up and follow me. If I get there before you do, I'll give the area a fly-by, and see what those uncouth dogs are up to." -deactivates commlink, shifting from third into fourth, activating flight mode and lifting into the air, jet turbines in his nacelles keening with power as he flies towards Los Angeles-

Ironhide: -motions Chromia over, whispers- "C'n you understand anything that Wreck-Gar guy is sayin'?"

Denver:

Muzzle: "You say bad part of town like it's a bad thing, bubba. Keep thinking thoughts like that, you'll talk yourself out of going." -heads out the door towards Nightbeat-

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Fortress: -running systems checks and overseeing the instillation of the new main viewing port-
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Scoop trundled over to the rigs.

"sorry Recoil but i need my men back , got ourselves a decepticreep problem we need to look at ."

--

"come on Trace,r Holepunch we got to roll."
_ _

he commed "SkyLynx

"SkyLynx I'm ready when you are. Over"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denver

Rev frowned.

"I don't want to go now! I'm only here because I let HiQ weld me into the Autobots' resident lunatic Houdini for some reason!"

Despite his griping, the Nebulan walked over to Getaway, transformed, and slid into his partner's engine compartment. Getaway immediately turned over his ignition.

"Lets roll."

Outside Fort Max

Recoil waved Tracer and Holepunch away, a disgusted look on his face.

Leaving the old man to do all the heavy lifting, are they?

"Get going. And try not to get yourselves shot to pieces!"
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Chromia leans in closer to Ironhide

"Sorta. Sometimes. But don't you think we should be getting out of here before he drops that last explosive. I know your armor can handle it. But mine can't!"

She finished with a wink. Then in a louder voice she addressed Wreck-Gar..

"C'mon my young Padawan. Lets get out of here.
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

(Message appears on tvs,radieos,com links)
Browning: This is Browning former general adviser to the first circle, as most of you have hered Starscream went on a suside mission to cybertron in order to save the planet. Now I don't know about you but after all these years Starscream made sence. If the Quentessa forces completly take over Cybertron where do you think their next target will be? Junk,Charr,Io,..Earth. So I ask you today not as a Deciptcon but as a Cybertronion let us but our past differences in the past and join together to take back our homeplanet.

Does it take Starscream the former leader of the seekers to talk sence into all of us?! So Autobots,Deciptcons,Destrons,and all those who might be caught in the middle, let us join together as Cybertronions one last time *Transmission ends*
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

" Understood loud and clear Ultramagnus " Sky lynx said as he swooped down and landed next to Scoop .

" Climb aboad but mind my interior " he told the target master.

" I will see you there Tracks " He said while waiting for scoop to board
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Scoop scrambled up as he did so he sent one last com message to get a pair of drones to help Recoil .

They responded trundling along
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Flying towards LA:

Tracks: -flipping hrough stations, trying to find appropriate flying music, stops when he finds one playing Savatage's rendition of Hall of the Mountain King- "Classical heavy metal. It's strange, yet addictive....."

Ironhide: -nods- "Better ta be outsahde, anyway. Mahght get kahnda warm in here, even fer me."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

" Hold on tight " Sky Lynx shouted ans he fired up his thrusters and lifted into the sky.

" Lets how long it takes me to overtake Tracks "

ooc: Next post with Sky Lynx will be in con thread.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck-Gar nodded at Chromia, then tossed the final explosive down the hole.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow."

Groundshaker and the Hot Rod patrol had searched for Countdown, but were as yet unsuccessful.

Getting more fed up by the second, Big Daddy contacted Magnus.

"Hey, Magnus. Got any idea where Countdown is?"

OOC: And anyone mind telling me where Hyper Prime is while they're at it?
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sunstreaker couldn't make it to the first shuttle, the laser fire from behind and above cut him off.

"You just... don't LEARN!" Sunstreaker growled "I said leave me alone!" His body flipped to two wheels and trans formed to robot mode pulling his electron pulse gun from subspace. He slid along his back looking upwards as sparks began to shoot out from under him. He quickly locked onto Powerglide calculating his flying patter Sunstreaker opened fire just ahead of the agile red plane.

Sunstreaker dropped his non-trigger hand to his side and pushed hard on the ground flipping him around he was ready for it and caught himself on one knee and the ball of one foot. He used the foot to shove off and dove behind a shuttle. He had to find a way out of there and he had to do it soon.

Sideswipe could careless about the state of the human shuttles at this point, quickly opening fire at the shuttle Sunstreaker hid behind.
Reflector

Outside Metroplex

Post by Reflector »

Ultra Magnus saw the team off with a sigh. He prayed he wouldn't hear about some terrible urban catastrophe on the evening news tonight... He clicked on his commlink to respond to the incoming message.

"Countdown? Negative, Big Daddy. He hasn't reported to me."
Scout

Post by Scout »

The feeling was odd and uncomfortable. He was being watched, and he knew it.
But for all he could actually do about it at the moment, Hound was defenseless. This close to the shuttle's fields, his scanners were playing battleship with guesses as to whether his tracking readings were anywhere near the location of the actual enemy.

Not enough energy left to sustain a long-term cover... but I don't think we'll be targets until they get what they want. They're not fools. *pause* Well... some of them aren't.

He paused again and fidgeted with a slight wary glance toward the distant readings of Decepticons, then picked up his radio as he deliberately backed up into a clear area.

"Alright Groove--- Bluestreak. Come on down. Keep your arms up to protect your head on the way."
-----------

"Yes Sir." Prowl replied quickly and headed out. As he got to the door, he was interrupted by Spike.

"Hey Prowl- take me with you - and don't tell me it's too dangerous."

The strategist opened his mouth briefly to give the million and one reasons why Spike shouldn't go, but relented a moment late. He just didn't have time to argue.
With a careful scoop, he picked Spike up and transformed, driving at the safest speed possible to meet Optimus.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: I'm working on the basis that everybody's outside of where they had to punch the hole to access the shaft now.)

As soon as Wreck-Gar dropped the last explosive, Ironhide moved over to a bulkhead section. "Chromia, Wreck-Gar, get outta here!" Sensors tracking the explosive as it fell, he deployed his glue sprayer and sprayed the area around the hole, redeploying his hand, then grabbing a large piece of wreckage, lifted it into the air, and slammed it down onto the hole. Deploying his lead sprayer, he sprayed molten lead around the seam, turned on his heel, and ran for it.

With a rumbling that probably hadn't been heard since the Rocky Mountains had been formed, the explosives detonated, forcing molten rock through the crack to the surface.

Denver:

Siren and Hosehead: -fall into line behind Nightbeat and Getaway-

Siren: "So where are we going?"

Nightbeat: "The bad side of town."

Hosehead: "My tires aren't going to get boosted again, are they?"

Siren: "I hope not. Carrying you out of the bad end of town wasn't any fun the last time we had to."

Hosehead: "Depends on whether or not they weld my panels this time."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Chromia made a move to grab Wreck-Gar as she ran past him out of the room.

"Cmon! lets go."
Scout

Post by Scout »

I'm guessing everyone else is in the middle of finals too... but we need to poke this along a bit.

Inferno was primed and ready. He aimed his coolant with all the open force he was able toward where the explosion was about to occur.

He yelled in excitement with a grin and a whoop that echoed off of Fort Max's distant walls, as well as the far valley.
"Bring it on!"

================

Alone in the dark and quiet of the shuttle, Mirage's systems were starting to recover. Jarred into shock by the damage to his head, he remained in a semi-conscious state, but yet completely unaware of his surroundings. Latent memories of Cybertron flickered randomly through his mind. The esteem of his line, the fun and pride -his time before the Autobots. Glorious races... intense hunts... turning to terrible battles... and then his memory skipped to the capitol- Iacon. The words he had heard so often during the faction split rang in his audio receptors and turned into mocking laughter. It became directed toward him and took on a new form Traitor. Traaaitttorr. Mindwipe's voice played like a scratched record until it faded into a haze of red.

-------------------

Having had a short, but much-needed beneficial rest alone, Blitzwing roused himself from under the debris. He still felt uncomfortable, but was in a much better mood. He pushed his way out and stretched his joints a bit before looking around.
-------------------

Prowl spotted Optimus as he drove up and transformed, leaving Spike belted in inside his chest.

"I'm here Sir." He glanced towards Wheels who remained in capture and then armed his rifle. A long time veteran, Prowl knew what Optimus was planning to do, and there would be no swaying his decision. Secretly, the strategist frowned on the prospect of freeing a prisoner for a questionable autobot. Mirage had been in service to the group for a great many years, but the contstant prodding he required from Optimus and his uncertain attitude left an unsettling feeling that was as distasteful to Prowl as bad petrol. Subordinates were to follow orders without question... there was no room in a military for unreliability. The distrust the other Autobots felt for the espionage member was especially troubling. The autobots relied on cooperation and trust- something that Prowl recognized as essential to their function and wellfare, even if he wasn't particularly good at showing his own emotions.

He recognized that the trust in the ranks was at its lowest point since the Great War had broken out, and it needed to be rebuilt. And it was on this one point that he had brought himself to reason and justify the exchange. The scouting party had been successful in tracking the Decepticons. That in itself was an essential piece for the crew. Prowl still harbored quiet doubts about the integrity of Hound's processor, but all seemed well. Together with the recovery of more energon supplies, all was not lost. Gaining Blitzwing as an ally and capturing a prisoner were both a plus, and with luck, they might just be able to bait and bring in the other rogue Decepticons.

But..... the main conclusion and single most important point that the security advisor had come to, was that if Optimus and the party that he had sent out were successful in bringing back Mirage - cooperative or not - the trust in the ranks toward their leader would again be reinforced. This was key to the faction's survival. If the trust was rebuilt, morale would be as well, and the advisor understood from long past experience that their desperate struggle to survive would return to a more thriving and positive atmosphere.

"I'm ready Optimus."
------------------------------
John pulled the second semi trailer up to the base and parked it. He climbed down after pocketing a map and then looked around before rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hmmm. Any sign of my partner Hot Rod?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Fort Max

Red Alert drove up behind Prowl and transformed, keeping his sensors focussed warily on the prisoner.

Prime heard Prowl's assurance that he was ready.

"Good."

His trailer disappeared into subspace with a bright, crackling flash. As pleased as he was with it, it would only get in the way right now.

"You can secure the prisoner behind my cab. I'll transport him to the exchange."

Recoil worked with the drones, filling up Wideload's load bay.

Hot Rod transformed, then shrugged in response to John's query.

"Haven't caught sight of him since he ran off into the bush. We could send out a search team, but I'm pretty sure..." he broke off, chuckling. "Well, he doesn't seem to like us very much. He'll probably just run off again, won't he?"

Command Deck, Fort Max

Crosshairs nodded in satisfaction as he finished the weapons tests. He stood and walked towards Fortress.

"Your new weapons are fully functional."