[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising From the Ashes (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Post by Scout »

...Our location? Either he's throwing a guess out or we're being watched. Windrazor hmm? I don't know this one.

Keeping both channels open so the other Autobots in the group could listen, Hound transformed immediately and turned slowly in a circle, trying to visually see if they were being watched. His scanners still told him the Decepticon signatures led away from the shuttle and they weren't far because the trail was stong, but they were just out of range to get an exact location. However, it was Mirage's missing energy signature that was most disturbing to the scout.

"My name is Hound, Windrazor. And I will request permission for an exchange. But before I do, you must explain why there are no signs of Mirage. What have you done with and to him?"

==========
Trailbreaker laughed. "Sure thing Wideload. I can try pushing things around a little. Where should I meet ya?"
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Talon, standing a 'mere' 6 feet tall compared to Devcon looked up as he replied. "I am Talon, a Minicon. As for this Smokescreen, I think I saw him among the personel files. As for his present status or location I have no clue"
Topspin
Protoform

Post by Topspin »

Topspin chuckled at Crosshair's description of the Wreckers leader.

"Always a hard head that one. Not suprised at what Roadbuster's been up to either."

Frowning slightly Topspin thought about what had become of his brother. He'd have to find him at some point.

Leaning around the MASER to see what Grapple was up to, Topspin also nodded in approval.

"Been a while since I've soon you as well, nice job there"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor smiled as he pictured the scene of confusion amongst the Autobots.

"Mirage is safe and well. As you can imagine, I saw fit to take some precautions when I discovered your interference in the desert. You won't find him. Contact Optimus Prime. Get permission for this exchange. I trust you can understand my eagerness not to be kept waiting."

Groove transformed into robot mode alongside Hound, and stood with him, surveying the landscape.

"No telling what traps they have laid for us here, Hound. We should proceed with caution."
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade nodded, and quickkly led her team to the cave. It was exactly as she had remembered. It was big enough for maybe 3 Transformers to fit inside comfortably, while four would be a little cramped. Hearing her orders to take a sniping location, she nodded.

"Yes, Sir." Before she left to do so, however, she decided to tell Windrazor about the cave. "Sir, this cave isn't very deep, but it is tall and wide. When I first found it, I noted no signs of humanoids in it, but plenty of other creatures. On either side of the opening are something similar to pockets. I comfortably hid in them when I needed to, but as you and the other two are larger than I am, it might be a bit of a squeeze. The rest of the cave is large enough for maybe 3 normal sized bots to stand, but no more than that."

With that, she started out to find her locale-within hearing range, but hidden well.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide watched Streetwise and Sideswipe peel off after Sunstreaker. He shrugged his shoulders. What a waist of time over one worthless traitor. He leapt nimbly into the air and transformed, cruising up to Dai Atlas's location.
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

Echoshift moved towards the mouth of the cave and took up a position at one side of the opening, glancing behind him for a moment to make sure that he wasn't standing where he might get in the way of StarBlade's sniper fire if she found the need to shoot. Once satisfied, he half-raised one of his arm-mounted guns in readiness, and allowed himself to fade out of sight. This way, he could stand further out from the shelter of the cave without being seen by Autobot optics.
[color=000066]"Never trust a side that calls the other side evil. They're probably up to something."[/color]

"I found it through your yahoo profile. I was trying to look at a pic of you....and all I saw was this huge baddass truck." ~Zeeky
Current Cute Icon Adoptee: ImageLong Haul
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Metroplex

Huffer surveyed Metroplex. The citybot was as stable as he was going to get if the ground wasn't stabilized soon. Either way, he had done all he could at the moment.

Usually he would have headed straight back to his work station to tinker at an opportunity like this, but he could sense that things were stretched extremely thin at the moment. With this in mind, Huffer wandered over to where Ultra Magnus was standing. He knocked politely on the commander's blue shin, and waited to be recognised.
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Atop Fort Max

"Likewise and thank you, it wasn't a problem" Grapple called, waving at Crosshairs and Topspin, then swelling with pride slightly as he replied "Well, I am one of the best in my field"

Autobot Bases

"I see" Devcon replied, bowing to the tree where he had buried the eyepatch again before standing up and looked down at Talon, his expression neutral, yet his voice curious "What's a minicon? I've been out of touch with Cybertron for so long"

Mountain Valley

Bluestreak transformed and stood a little way behind Hound and Groove, almost he was on guard-duty, his rifle clasped in one hand if the need arose, frowning on hearing the exchange over the dark green scout's comm-radio.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wideload screeched to a halt at the bottom of the ramp , transforming he moved towards the rigs

" hello there anyone about " he queried
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Tracks: -vehicle mode back in one piece and gleaming under the lights, sitting on a medbay table-

Minerva: "Okay, Tracks. Switch to your flight mode, and we can fix that jet turbine."

Tracks: -transforms, wings whirring out, intake units for the turbines locking into position as his black beam gun lowers into position on his underside, raising his whole vehicle mode up, front wheels not resting on the table surface anymore(the rear wheels having rotated out 90 degrees when the wings and intakes moved into position), laser cannons/jet turbines deploying from Tracks' trunk, rising and locking into position, vertical stabilizers rising from the nacelles and locking into position, the horrible damage to the starboard nacelle shown again in full glory-

Minerva: -whistles low- "Holy...... Buckets. What'd they hit you with? More to the point, who hit you with it?"

Tracks: "Humans did this. With rocket launchers. One of the rockets hit my rear bumper. The other one hit the nacelle. What I want to know is, why?"

Brainstorm: -picks up a hyperspanner, starts removing the damaged nacelle- "I'd guess to shoot you down."

Tracks: "But I'm a thing of beauty."

Minerva: "People like to destroy works of art." -running a scanner over the nacelle- "Might have to replace the whole thing. The turbine would normally be rebuildable, but when that laser capcitor went off, it fried most of the connections and relays in there, and the emmiter arrays in the cannon itself are completely slagged. Heck, there are pieces of the turbofan blade arc-welded inside the emmiter array, inside the remains of the capcitor core, and around the fan assembly. It's a miracle you were able to get any thrust at all out of this engine. As it is, the dynamos are completely burned out in the turbine." -looks over at Brainstorm- "What do you think? Rebuild or smelt it and replace?"

Brainstorm: "Be quicker to replace it. About the only salvagable piece on it is that vertical stabilizer. And we've got one of these nacelle pieces in stores. Just be a matter of calibrating the laser cannon."

Minerva: "Replace it is. I'll pull the stabilizer off, you get the nacelle."

Brainstorm: -picks up the destroyed nacelle- "Oddly enough, Tracks, it's one of your actual spares. It got lugged from the Ark to Autobot City, then to Metroplex, then, finally, here."

Tracks: "Well, using OEM parts only makes sense, after all."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound's optics turned an icy blue as they narrowed dangerously. "I didn't step off the assembly line yesterday, Windrazor. You underestimate your situation and have given no proof of your trading piece's welfare.
*2 second pause*
But, I will contact Optimus and Prowl. They are the ones that can authorize the release of a prisoner. Continue on this frequency and you should have your answer shortly."

Hound clicked a hold onto the CB and looked to the others.

"You're right Groove. We're open to firing attack at the least, but I don't believe they had much time to set many other traps. That shuttle is probably loaded though."

Hound eyed the shuttle with suspicion. It was too tempting - just sitting there. He knew from experience it could be laden with anything from viruses to explosives. Otherwise, the Decepticons would not have left it. Even in a downed state, a shuttle's firepower could still outmatch a small group of average-powered transformers.

He ran through an idea out loud before clicking over to the Autobot security frequency. "Maybe we should divide to two on each side of the valley to cover our angles..."

*click*
"Optimus, Prowl. The Decepticon's identified himself as Windrazor. He's demanding a prisoner exchange, however I have been unable to get an energy reading on Mirage. The Decepticons have abandoned their shuttle and they arent far according to their trails, but there is no sign of Mirage."
-----------
-----------
Prowl looked up as he listened to the communication. He tapped a finger twice absently as he thought over the situation. He frowned and waited for either Optimus' opinion or Optimus to ask him of his.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Aboard Dai Atlas

Pipes rapped his knuckles on the wall to get Dai Atlas's attention. "Hey big guy. After this snooze-fest is over, what say we skip going back to Autobase and go harrass some decepticons instead?"

Outback muttered "Anything to keep me out of another shuttle."

Bumper sat and brooded silently. He had barely said two sentences the entire mission. Outback wondered if there was something wrong with him.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Holodeck, Fort Max

Swoop twisted to avoid holo-Jhiaxus's fire, shreaking as several blasts tore through his right wing. The Dinobot dove towards the huge Cybertronian, shreaking and snapping his beak at his foe's wing.

Sludge continued to attack holo-Straxus, and he was joined by a now-recovered Snarl. The massive Decepticon hologram blocked their incoming strikes, but kept a good chunk of his attention focussed on Grimlock.

Atop Fort Max

Crosshairs finished his welding, then stood gave the MASER a good visual inspection. Everything seemed to be in order.

"You can let go now, Topspin. We're done with this one."

He called out to Grapple, "One of the best? The way I hear it, you are the best."

The best we've got here, anyway.

Storage Bay Three, Fort Max

Prime gave his new trailer a quick once-over. Everything looked to be in order, but he didn't have the time for a detailed inspection right now. He flicked on his comlink and replied to Hound.

"That's what I suspected, Hound. Hold your position. I'll bring the prisoner, and a backup team as well."

Windrazor, hmmm? Never heard of that one before.

He flicked his comlink onto a different frequency.

"Prowl, I need you for this. Work up strategies to take advantage of the most likely scenarios for the exchange, and head to the brig to pick up our guest. Unless I miss my guess, Red Alert is probably there trying to wring information out of him, so commandeer him and meet me at the main ramp."

The leader transformed, connected to the new trailer, and drove out into the city's main thoroughfare. He floored his accellerator, hoping that his troops would have the common sense to get out of his way as he barreled towards the ramp.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

"Despite the similarity at the end, I assure you I am not affiliated with the Decepticons. As for what the Minicons are exactly, want the short or the long story?" Talon replies to Devcon as he uses his bat like wings to fly upward, stopping somewhat level with the blue bot's face.
Topspin
Protoform

Post by Topspin »

Topspin let go of the MASER and stepped back to admire Crosshair's handywork.

"Oustanding, whats next?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck-Gar plucked one final explosive device from the shelf, and turned to face Chromia. Or, at least where he thought she was, since his arms were so full of explosives that they covered his head.

"Now for our next order of business...LET'S GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!"

He then headed back the way they had come.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor smiled. His troops were in position, in case something went wrong, though he didn't believe it would be necessary. The Autobots wouldn't attempt an attack now - not with Mirage's safety unassured as of yet. He hoped it would remain that way until Wheels was in their posession - then it didn't matter.

Groove nodded his agreement to Hound.
"I agree. We should keep watch here until backup arrives. We're not very well equipped to take on a team of Decepticons, especially if they include a sniper."

He drew his pistol from subspace and glanced around again.
"We should secure the area around the shuttle. When Prime arrives, we can move up on the Decepticons."
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Chromia also had her hands full, but shifted her load so she could see where Wreck-Gar was going.

"Sure thing, but, don't drop anything"

She followed him out the door.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade had a found her location. It was actually above the cave, on a small cliff overlooking the valley. There was enough shading that she damn near disappeared up there. Taking out her twin blasters, she put them together into her sniper rifle, and set herself up with a perfect view of anyone coming near the cave.

Opening her commlink to a secure channel, she sent this messege to Windrazor: "I'm in position, and can see anyone approaching the cave. I won't shoot unless I have to."