[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Bringing Down the House pt. 2 (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

OOC: You did say Engineering right, Scout?

Metroplex

"Gotcha, 'Ferno" Firestar replied, summoning her fire-fighting equipment as her hand withdrew into her arm and the nozzle emerged instead, then she moved down a different corridor to her partner, heading towards the engineering section, looking for any signs of life as she went.

Then the orange and red femme's comm-radio went off and she glanced down at it before replying "No sign of anyone in this area yet, Magnus, but I'm going to keep looking"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Warehouse District, Portland:

Tracks: "Well, let's see. I was run over and kidnapped by a couple of people I once sent to prison for auto theft, run into by another Autobot, dragged myself out here, left to backup Nightbeat by myself, left to watch this convoy of trucks by myself, nearly carnapped by the insensate fool in my passenger compartment, and nearly assualted by a bunch of people brandishing tire irons. Since they left, it's been just me and these five trucks."

Outside Fort Max:

Grimlock: -sets Prime down- "Now, you going to realize that asking humans for help only endangers them, or am Me going to have to smack you around more?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landfill answered the com hail

"10-4 Magnus this is Landfill , I've got my ears on , my twenty's corridor 16 subsection 4 , some of the storage bays. No wounded Autobots located over "

Scoop asked Blitzwing a question .

"So whats the plan once we arrive ? "
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: Hyper asked me to move his characters around)

Stakeout, Seawatch, and Red Hot: -come trooping back-

Fixit: "All right, these are the last two. Let's get 'em to the CR chambers."

Fixit, Stakeout, and Seawatch: -pick up Hot Spot-

Red Hot: -picks up Blades-

Whole group: -troops back to Fort Max to deposit the last two injured Protectobots into CR chambers-

Denver:

Muzzle: -grabs commlink handset, hits button- "All right, Getaway, we're here...... Huh?"

Punk on Street: -pointing a gun at Muzzle(who's on the other side of the driver's side window- "Get out of the car if you want to live!"

Muzzle: "I wouldn't bubba. The window's are bulletproof."

Punk: -fires, bullet spanging off of the window, hitting a tire in a car parked on the side of the street-

Muzzle: "Told you."

Lug: -hits a button on Hosehead's console-

Hosehead: -panel on roof opens, a small nozzles whirrs out, sprays foam all over the punk-
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Streetwise turned as the Micromasters brought Blades and Hot Spot into the CR room.
"Never mind, Medbay," he spoke into his communicator.

"How are they?" Groove asked Fixit urgently, as First Aid quickly keyed open two unoccupied CR chambers.

Streetwise rested a hand on Groove's shoulder.
"I'm sure they'll be fine once the CR chambers have done their work. Right?"

He directed the last word at the Micromaster's who'd brought the other two in.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Fixit: "They'll be fine after they get out of the CR chambers, Groove."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse District, Portland

"Yeah, you've gotten bashed up pretty good." Hot Rod frowned. "Well, once my backup gets here we can get underway."

Recoil glanced inside Tracks' cabin. "You want me to dispose of him?"

Outside Fort Max

Prime stood, somewhat unsteadily. The damage from fighting Gigatron, Grimlock and Megatron in such close sucession had taken a toll on him. He gave Grimlock a quick shake of his head.

"No to both. We can't put the humans in danger by publicly working with them, but that doesn't mean we can't work with them at all. We just have to be careful."

The Autobot leader sent out a mental command to his trailer, calling it to him so that he could use it's repair facilities to patch his wounds. The trailer, however, didn't respond.

Prime narrowed his optics. He'd left the trailer inside the Arc Royale when he'd went out to face Gigatron, and he knew the Decepticons had attacked the shuttle in his absence. He hadn't felt any damage occuring to it, but he'd been preocupied at the time.

"Walk with me, Grimlock." He entered the city and headed towards the shuttlebay.

Streets, Denver

An ancient-looking, heavily-modified sportscar rolled up behind the punk that had been harassing Muzzle. The driverless car folded up, then re-formed into a giant robot. Getaway glared down at the foam-covered prospective thief.

"Beat it, runt."

Wheels' Room, Fort Max

Red Alert stepped into the room. He leaned against the doorframe and observed the interrogation quietly.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Having waited long enough Galen pipped up again:

"Fortress - Is Optimus Prime free yet?
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Fort Max

The shuttle containing Bumper, Huffer, Pipes, Powerglide, and Outback slammed into the ground. The soil all around fountained up like water, as the shuttle tore a furrow in the ground. The friction slowly but surely sapped the shuttle's massive amount of kinetic energy. Eventually, the shuttle ground to a halt at the end of a mile-long, several meter deep gash in the earth. A few random sparks sputtered along one wing's exposed wiring, a cracked radiator hissed, and thick, oily smoke rose to the sky.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Groove nodded.
"That's good. Thank you."

First Aid keyed the doors to the CR chambers shut, and lights blinked on along the edges, indicating that the regenerating machines were doing their work.

"Come on, there's no point us hanging around here," Streetwise said, shepparding the others out of the room. "I'm going to get a status report from Prowl."

"I'll report to medbay," First Aid said.
"I guess I'll just go sit down somewhere," Groove said despondently.

Streetwise and First Aid went one way down the corridor, while Groove went the other.

"You know, I'm really worried about him," First Aid said.
"I know," Streetwise replied. "He's never been happy fighting, and that battle was the biggest in months."
"We'll have to speak to Hot Spot once he recovers."
"Agreed. I really think he needs a break."
"Well, I've got a feeling that there won't be much time for breaks any time soon."
"I fear that Groove will need to find the time," Streetwise replied as they neared medbay.

First Aid walked into Medbay, and spied Minerva and Brainstorm working on Omega Supreme.
"Anything I can do around here?" he asked them.

Streetwise meanwhile had asked the computer to locate Prowl, and was somewhat surprised to be directed back to medbay. Walking straight through the doors, he nodded to First Aid before moving over to where Prowl was. Taking stock of his badly injured face, he nodded, before speaking.

"Prowl. Three of the Protectobots are back online. First Aid, as you can see has already volunteered to help in medbay. Can I get a status report, and then Groove and I will need new assignments."
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

Sandstorm replied to Bluestreak :

" I wasn't being frivilous , just thought teh quicker we gto there the better"

Sandstorm staggered back as a stray piece of shuttle plating from the crashing shuttle sliced into him cutting a hydraulic line.

" Think we got bigger problems on our hands , you better go and investigate , I need to go to medbay and get patched up".

His voice trailed off as the leak became worse. He hastened to the medbay and slipped into a CR unit .

"Groundshaker round up all the aerial Autobots you can and go and talk to Sky Lynx we need to train together. "

so saying Dogfight turned unsteadily on his feet.

" I think the battle did more damage than i thought "

He slipped into a CR unit vacated by a Protectobot .

Wheels continued to play for time :

"Yes Gigatron Sir , Metrotitan is a class 5 city bot originally an Autobot design . On the lowest level there are 42 storage compartments , 3 maintenance access ways and 4 cells in the brig unit. The first storage area is 20 metres by 15metres and contains many filing cabinets , these contain the duplicate copies of the energon requisition paperwork required by Ratbat for the city ."
Scout

Post by Scout »

This will be confusing for the other Autobots. I will need to speak with Prowl, Ironhide and Ultra Magnus- very soon, or there could be greater trouble than we've already experienced.
Smokescreen stood in the shadows of the darkened, battle-scarred walls of Fort Max... simply watching. He had understood the entire nature of what was happening, both with Grimlock and with Megatron, and had kept a respectful distance.

The battles ended. Every move, gesture and word had been carefully observed by the diversionary tactician, and now he continued to shadow Grimlock and Optimus from a fair distance, unseen as part of the ongoing cleanup activity.

His face furrowed with concern slightly as he heard the mention of the trailer, and he dropped even further behind and slowed to a stop to wait. Smokescreen frowned. Optimus hadn't known yet, and he knew how attached the leader was to the trailer. Time was a pressing issue, but he would need to wait. He leaned up against Fort Max, folding his arms and crossing one leg in a relaxed pose, and then clicked onto his internal radio.

"Prowl, I have important news."

Still in medbay and letting Brainstorm continue his repairs, Prowl directed his attention away from the arguement and to his internal radio. He locked the frequency into a security wave and then replied, "I am able to listen Smokescreen, and the channel is secure. Continue."

Smokescreen worded his next sentence very carefully, being well aware of the strategist's need for logic.
"Prowl, some important developments occurred a short time ago. Prime made an address to the humans and made a plea bordering on a demand for assistance and a stop to the riots. Grimlock disputed the event, but the reason was that he did not believe Optimus was able to look beyond our immediate need to the repercussions that might occur to the humans if they support us. The result was that..."

Prowl grumbled something undiscernable having already figured out what the result must have been. Smokescreen quickly continued.

"The fight that ensued concluded and Grimlock has apparently succeeded in helping Optimus to free himself of the blackness that he was holding - literally. Optimus was holding Megatron and they..." Smokescreen paused as a crash cut him off.

In medbay Prowl sat up in an instant, being both shocked and concerned and accidentally kicked over a tray with Brainstorm's tools on it in the process. If he could have spoken, he would have with a long line of unhappy thoughts.

-------------------------

Trailbreaker had been pondering throwing a series of Earthen jokes at Crosshairs that were designed to make him look at odd places, but instead, something very real caught the autobot's attention.
"Hey, lookit that Crosshairs. Isn't that an Autobot evac shuttle incoming?"

Trailbreaker held up a hand to shield his view from the high sun.

"Hoo yeah- roasty toasty!" Inferno called as he felt the heat blast from down the hall and saw steam rolling up from where Firestar was working. He felt an incredible urge to go join her, but he needed to complete his most pressing assignment first. He forced a prybar into the medical bay door and threw his weight against it until it slid open just wide enough for him to enter. A quick glance around made the big autobot smile as he picked up his radio to call Ultra Magnus.

"Hey chief, the med-bay blast doors held, oh yeah. It's a little warm in here, but amazingly the CR units are still running- probably on battery backup - which means the back shoulder area is undamaged and the wiring channel to there is clear as well. I don't see anyone, but haven't checked if those chambers are occupied. I'm a guessin' the science labs are the same, but knowing the sorta chemicals they have in there, I think we might best leave it sealed up tight fer now and tackle that last when we can prevent any mixed chemicals from spreading gases all over.

Firestar is workin' on coolin' the engineering room where the fuel ignited and she oughtta have it out shortly."

-------------------
-------------------
Nikko was just coming around when he saw more metal demons talking at him. He squeaked something unintelligible as he grabbed and pulled at the handle on Tracks' door.
-------------------
-------------------
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Talon had been keeping an eye out at the request of Fixit.

He had planned on following the Rescue Patrol back. But then a different matter took up his attention, the crashing shuttle.

As it came to a halt, Talon quickly headed in the direction of the crash site.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: "Better get back to working on Prowl, Brainstorm. Thanks for helping get that fused relay out."

Brainstorm: -looks over at First Aid as he heads back over to work on Prowl- "Well, Minerva could use a hand putting Omega Supreme back together."

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Fortress: "I'm fine, Spike." -activates commlink- "Optimus, it's Fortress. Galen of Nebulos would like a word with you. Switching now." -switches Galen's transmission over to Prime-

Wheels' location:

Ironhide: -narrows optics- "Ya c'n either tawk ta me, 'r him." -hooks thumb back at Red Alert- "An' he ain't gonna let ya play fer tahme lahke Ah will."

Outside:

Chromedome and Hardhead: -aiming at the shuttle, move forward, looking for an entry hatch-

-----

Grimlock: -follows Prime- "What you want to talk about?"

Warehouse District, Portland:

Tracks: "No. I was planning to drop him off at a police station on the way back."

Denver:

Foam covered punk: -runs for it-

Nightbeat: -sighs- "There goes the founding member of my fan club....."
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

"Greetings Hatemonger Sir , you grace a humble warrior with your prescence."

Wheels says this to Red Alert then continues with his report droning on :

" The second storage room is slightly larger and has a refrigerated section , it is used to store Provisions for our nebulan Allies . Teh third room is smaller than the first and is empty . The fourth storage room is locked at all times , but it is an open secret it is full of images of Starscream in heroic poses and mirrors . The fifth storage room is also empty. The sixth storage room is used to store files with details of our relations with humans and the deals we have struck with them ....... tje twenty seventh storage room contains Seeker ammunition
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"Listen Blaster, as much as I know you want to help we have bigger things." Fastforward yelled down the ladder to Blaster who looked up.

"And what's that? Our leader's almost been taken out and you're tryin' to tell me I've got bigger things to do? You're crazy!"

"Incoming transmission... it's from the Ark."

"Fine, fine!" Blaster shouted back and quickly scrambled up the ladder and looked at the screen reading the transmission. "Decepticon shuttle computer core. Alright, you're right. Somethings are more important!"

Blaster sat back down in his seat and opened a link to Red Alert and Prowl. "Hey, when you two got a moment. I just got some very nice information that I'm sure you two are gonna wanna see."

~~

Sunstreaker had finally found a place to rest. An abandonded old gas station along the high-way. There was no fuel but there was a garage intact. Sunstreaker was inside in robot form looking around for things to do. He didn't bring much ammunition for his gun, he needed to find something to improvise with.

~~

Brawn and Windcharger had made their way outside and looked around. A battle had definately occured.

"Where did Sideswipe go?" Windcharger asked looking back but not seeing him.

"Who knows, off to find his hermit brother?"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Dai Atlas was sitting there, shaking his head a little at the display between Prime, Grimlock and Megatron. He spotted the incoming trail of the shuttle, and took off. The shuttle was coming in too fast for him to catch it, but he was there when it impacted the ground. He could see Speeder already transformed and speeding around Fortress Maximus to the site as he landed beside the shuttle, the ground still hot.

He landed near Chromedome and Hardhead, but instead of looking for an entry hatch for the already scrapped shuttle, he pulled out the Zodiac sword and sliced a rift into the side of the Shuttle. Putting the Sword away, he pulled the hull appart, wide enough for either of the Headmasters:

"Chromedome, Hardhead - I've got an entrace for you."

Speeder came scretching up beside the two Headmasters and transformed. He half laughed at the way Dai Atlas went into the shuttle:

"Subtle isn't he?"
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Fort Max, Crashed Shuttle

Huffer stood at the newly-sliced threshold of the shuttle, staring up at Dai Atlas. A newly lighted arc-welder sputtered and died in his hand. "You scared the spark out of me!"

Pipes walked out of the shuttle and stood before Dai Atlast, Chromedome, Hardhead, and Speeder. "Yo! What's a bot got to do to get a Cybertronian brew around here?!"

Behind them, Powerglide, Outback, and Bumper emerged, trying to shake off the effects of the crash. All five of them were banged up, but no serious damage had occured.

[OOC: except to the shuttle. That thing is toast!:D ]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Atop Metroplex

"I'm not falling for that old trick," Crosshairs said as Trailbreaker pointed. Of course, he regretted his words when, moments later, the sound of the shuttle slamming into the ground reached his audio sensors.

"Sweet Primus..."

As the shuttle skidded across the ground, he gaped. Finally, after it came to a halt, he let out a sigh.

"At least this one missed the lake..."

Medbay, Fort Max

Captain Brooke glanced at Minerva. "You're the one with a human for a head, right?"

Corridors, Fort Max

Prime's optics narrowed and he glanced at Grimlock.

"You." He let that hang in the air for a moment, then continued. "You disagree with my policies. You always have. I've grown to accept that." The Autobot leader shrugged fractionally. "But that doesn't do either of us any good unless you give me alternatives. So, what do you th-"

Optimus stopped as he recieved Fortress's communication. He gestured for Grimlock to wait, then flicked his comlink open.

"Go ahead, Galen."

Wheels' Cell, Fort Max

Red Alert frowned, then nodded. He turned away from the Decepticon, then replied to Blaster.

"Can you pipe it through to me, or should I come up there?"

Streets, Denver

Getaway shrugged.

"If that's the type of crowd you attract, you're better off without them."

The Powermaster transformed back to vehicle mode.

"Now...I think our first order of business should be to investigate the scene of the attack. If the police haven't towed away the truck I blasted, we might be able to get a licence number. Agreed?"

Warehouse District, Portland

Recoil shrugged. "If that's what you want."

Hot Rod stared up at the sky, waiting on Blitzwing.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Prowl was incredibly irritated. Not so much at all the requests coming in, but moreso at both the damage that was preventing him from efficiently taking care of the needs, as well as the annoyance itself. Even though he did experience them, emotions that could not be controlled just were not Prowl's forte.

The officer wiped off the disgust of the irritation building inside him and directed his attention briefly away from Smokescreen, putting both him and Blaster on hold. Prowl flipped his internal radio frequencies as he looked upward at the protectobot with a look of neither hope nor defeat, but steady determination.

"Streetwise, it is good to see you have recovered, friend, and your reactivation could not have been better timed. The autobots are in great need of any extra hands, and I will require your aid in seeing to some matters of relative urgency.

I am downloading a file to this computer explaining what is known of the entire nature of our situation and detailing what is required of our security right now. Once you have reviewed the status, I need your immediate assistance in locating Sunstreaker. Groove and Mirage may accompany you at your directives, or you are free to use what resources we have left. You will find Sunstreaker's case file in the report. He poses a potential threat not only to our own, but also to the humans for a reason not understood currently. "
-------------
-------------
Blitzwing decided to give his Autobot passenger a ride Scoop would never forget. He did a few barrel-rolls and some dives, and then turned on his afterburners to finish the remainder of the distance in a very short time.
Knowing that landings could be rough, he grunted over his speakers to warn his passenger.
"Hold on, we're landing."
As large as he was, he eased down into a smooth roll and came to a stop in a field just outside the warehouse.

"We're here."