[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Bringing Down the House (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

The Battlechargers began to grow annoyed by the constant harrassing by the Micromasters.

"You're so big on picking on those bigger than you," Runamuck snarled as he batted Redhot away from him. "Let's see how you can do against this!"

He fired at the root of a tree, which weakened and began to fall between the Micromasters and the Decepticons.

Hearing Treadshot whine, Wreck-Gar spoke a phrase made famous by a certain space pirate.

"Never tell me the odds!"
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Redhot went flying past Stakeout, who saw as the tree was about to come down on them. "Fall back!" he shouted.

He and Seawatch then jumped back went to aid Redhot up, who was now steaming mad, "That's it! I'm sick of those creeps!" He then rushed the fallen tree trunk attempting to roll it over Runnabout and Runnamuck. Stakeout and Seawatch decided, for the frag of it, to aid him in his zealous attempt.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -having had the unfortunate good luck to be moved out of the way of Cryotek's blasts(by way of Hatemonger's barrage), picks himself up off the ground, left hand retracting, spray nozzle whirring out, sprays an ice neutralizing agent on Kup, then switches to water, hosing the agent off- "Leave it on too long, an' you'll rust." -scowling- "An' Ah've had 'bout awl'a that creep's Ah c'n stand." -activates commlink-

Chromedome: -stumbles back from the headbutt, , leaps, aiming a roundhouse kick at Ruckus-

Nightbeat: -ducks to avoid Treadshot's blasts, points at the still dazed Hosehead- "What do you mean, three to one? What's he going to do, stare dizzily at you?"

Hosehead: "Woooo.... funky......"

Fortress: -head ringing from the headbutt, shakes head, cranks fist back, swings at Ramjet's face-

Grimlock: -dino mode, thundering across the ground, clawed feet tearing up huge chunks of dirt as he charges, roaring, heading straight for Hatemonger-
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Big Daddy and the other Hot Rod patrol members, rather reluctantly, decided to aid the Rescue patrol in moving the tree.

But it was no use. The tree was too massive for them all to move, even with their combined strength.

Taking the opportunity awared them, the Battlechargers transformed and sped back towards Scorponok.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Tracer commed back to Echoshift. "Fine by me, if we can find him in this mess. Might have to go for the next best target. Or the one making the most trouble around here..." He replied, attempting to scan for the dinobots.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix finished explaining what he had in mind to Sandstorm over the com link .

Finishing the conversation with

"you understand what I've got in mind , its gonna be dangerous , I'll meet you in the tech bay .

So saying he moved swiftly down the corridor in that direction .

Wideload moved over to Kup and Ironhide
and spoke to them

"sorry I wasn't much help not used to the new weaponry , in my old body it was built in and there were inertial dampers that took care of recoil . Whats the plan now . I've got the two shoulder mounted missile lauchers , a concussion rifle, a electro scrambler gun . I got carried away when i raided the arms locker "
He looks embarassed perking up a little as he remebered something .

" Plus I've got some stuff left over from when me and
Red Alert went out to rescue the drone some anti personnel stuff, anti tank mines , explosives and some assorted grenades , is it any use to you guys something we could use , I'm getting kind of annoyed all the Cons just seem to bounce back afte rour attacks they're all so heavily armoured .

Plus have you seen what they've done to my paint job I just had a wash and wax
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

Sandstorm his cargo safetly deposited transformed
as he did so he got anothe incoming call from Quickmix

"You want me to do what , well ok , you say its experimental, but it wont effect our own troops , will it effect the Cons ? Your 75% sure . ok I 'll do it i'm itching to get back into battle especially with that Windrazor all his Autobots dont fly rubbish , well slag him , and I can try out your idea at the same time , not sure it'll work though . Need to make a couple of calls first . ok will meet you in the tech bay

He opens a new Com Link

Crosshairs you got your ears on, i want to take some aerial Cons down a peg or two but I need some thing to boost my weapons fit in chopper mode any Ideas . Oh plus the nutty professor wants me to try something , he mentioned to Prowl or Red Alert earlier , dont think it will work but any port in a storm hey "

Ruckus reeled from Chromedomes blow picking himself up he went to rugby tackle the Bot to the ground

Wheels slumped unconscious hand firmly locked on Bluestreaks arm by the damage hed taken
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Defensor's useless weapon managed to hit Menasor in the face. While it didn't do any damage, besides hurting and destracting the Decepticon gestalt from noticing Defensor's fist until it connected with his chest. The surprizing blow made Menasor stumble back and leaving not only a new dent, but also making his problem controlling his left leg apparent. The quick movement caused the already damaged circuits to malfunction, leaving the leg (but not Wildrider) numb and for all intents dead weight. Growling in frustraction, Menasor fell down. As the Decepticon gestalt went down, he stabbed his sword down at Defensor, hoping not only repay the Autobot in kind, but use his good knee and sword to stop his collapse.
--------------------------------

Carnivac was both amused and annoyed with the fact that Lynx was ignoring Weirdwolf to focus on him. Even as he got ready to pull his anti-thermal cannon back into subspace and dodge Lynx (as best he could), Carnivac waited to see how Weirwolf's actions would play out.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Outside Metroplex

Cliffjumper watched the Micromaster approach him and transform, then shifted his Very Big Gun to one hand, resting the end on the ground and curling his arm around it before taking the offered hand, nodding as the other transformer introduced himself and replied "You're welcome, name's Cliffjumper"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek decided his best bet would be to join the air forces.

"Windrazor, this is Cryotek I am glad to see my new gyros have worked well for us. I am going to continue to do strafing runs on the remaining Autobots." He said into his com-link going full speed and seeing an opening with Kup being dethawed by Ironhide, he locked one of his plasma missiles and fired.

Quake saw the incoming ordance from Cryotek and decided it would be best to get out of the way.

Gang way when that hits, its going to hurt!" He thought to himself and dashed away from it.

Hatemonger thought face and of what he wanted to say.

"Windrazor, have your fighters continue to target the remaining Autobots, by combining our fronts we should be able to crush them." He then quickly got onto his link to Gigatron, "Yes sir, on your command we retreat." he then got onto his link to the Combiner forces "Combiners continue your assualts finish your targets and wipe out the Autobots!"

Then inwardly Hatemonger smiled.

Ahh finally a possible challenge.

He quicked accereted and turned to the right, he knew one major advantage he would have over the Dinobot would be firepower and the ablity to use it. He figured he could go hand to hand if he needed too but would rather hold off on that idea. Quickly turning he laid out another barrage using his combined firepower.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grimlock: -leans in to the barrage from Hatemonger, stride conciderably slowed, transforms, brings gun up, energo sword in other hand- "What this, ugly convention?" -aims at the turret ring at the base of Hatemonger's turret, fires-

Chromedome: -stumbles and falls as Ruckus slams into him, brings both fists together, slams them down in a hammerblow on Ruckus' back-
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

As Groundshakers shot struck Monstructor in the back, blackening the armour there, Dai Atlas's Kick pushed the combiner back a few steps.

" Die Autobot! " he growled as he charged back in attempting to grapple Dai.

" Down at the moment, but I should be back in a few moments " Triggerhappy replied to Windrazor

Lynx struck out hith his hind legs at the approaching Weirdwolf

Ratchet got out of Metroplex just in time as the giant fell to the ground.

a look of sadnedd came over the medics face as he saw the destruction surrounding him.

With the immediate threats gone, Sureshot turned to Minerva
" Are you ok Doc? " he asked
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger quickly transformed and brings his energon saber online.

"Ugly, you must have never looked in a mirror." He quiped locking swords with the Autobot and firing with one of his fusion cannons.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

Treadshot glowered at Nightbeat.

"Are you always so yappy, or did I just luck out today?"

He fired his particle blaster at the detective, then fired another demagnitizer blast at Wreck-Gar.

Kup shook the excess liquid off his leg, then nodded his thanks to Ironhide. Raising Recoil, he fired at the retreating Quake.

"Go home, 'Con. We're outta your league!"

He glanced at Wideload. "I'd really rather not start blowing things up, lad. The 'Cons are doing enough of that already."

Breaking away from the engagement with the Predacons, Snarl noticed Tracer hovering in the nearby aerospace. The Dinobot pulled his laser rifle.

"You lookin' for a fight?" He squeezed the trigger, sending laser bursts into the sky. "You found one!"

Crosshairs flipped open his comlink and listened to the incoming call.

"This really isn't a good time to start welding new guns onto your airframe, Sandstorm," he replied cautiously. "I can't promise things won't start exploding as soon as you flip on the power."

Command Deck, Fort Max

Ramjet's head snapped back, slamming into the deck. He spat a mouthful of oil at Fortress in response, then swung a haymaker at the city commander's face.
Brave Maximus

Fortress Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Dai Atlas swung his shield around and blocked the charge of Monstuctor. He dug his feet in and tried to push the Decepticon combiner back out of the hole Dai Atlas had dug himself into.

After a few moments though, he felt his limbs getting colder - something was draining his Energon Z. His reserves kicked in, but this was something new for Dinoking.......

Battle Field

Speeder shook hands with Cliffjumper then asked:

"Who's incharge around here? We need to do something about THAT...." and pointed towards Scorponok.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Having managed to hang on with Grapple's assistance, Hound felt Sandstorm begin hovering and the autobot let go from his solitary hand grip letting Grapple take his weight. His optic, vocal and auditory systems had stopped functioning, but through his scanners he still was able to fix his own location and the positions of those around him. He was confused by the sudden disappearance of Metroplex's signature, and the surge of a tremendous energy shockwave that rippled through the ground underneath the hovering trio, but the thought was short-lived.

A sudden drop to the roof shot pain through his body and he cringed, doubling over slightly. Just as fast, he straightened up again, using Grapple for support as he closed off the pain receivers to the fractured wrist. He waited patiently for an indication of what he should do next.
---------------------
---------------------
Smokescreen was knocked off his feet by the incredibly massive blast of air and ground movement that was the result of Metroplex's fall.

With a bit of a stunned expression, he rose back to his feet cautiously. He was relieved to see Wheels was unconscious, but a quick glance at Red Alert's expression told him the situation was grave.
--------------------
--------------------
Inferno stumbled forward from the shake of the ground under his feet, but quickly caught himself and began to fire his coolant dispenser at Scorponok's left side gun mounts.
Flanking Inferno and Firestar and ignoring Cliffjumper so he could focus on the bigger problem, Prowl stumbled as the shockwave rolled through, and without losing a beat, rolled back to his feet and began taking careful aim with his incendiary missles, evaluating for wind direction and distance.
Rapid cooling and immediate heat expansion should crack those barrel alloys straight through. Just have to get the angle right... and we have one shot to do it.

+++++++
few ooc things
1)I'm confused now--- Is Minerva hurt and on the roof, or do we have two Minervas floating around? (Doesn't need to be answered in-thread, PM me whoever or just make it a little more clear.)
2)No problem with Mirage Flec. You know it's cool.
3) Everyone- this battle's really rolling. Nice details, good writing and muuuuuuuuuch better on actions! It reads excellently. Keep up the great play!

:D
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Tracer gave a snarl, barely able to dodge the laser that was shot at him, still being grazed by it and scorching his armor. "Well it's not the one I was looking for, but it's definitely high on the annoyance list...." Tracer commed to Echoshift before he swooped in towards Snarl and openning fire with his plasma cannons.
Scout

Post by Scout »

After picking himself up from the fall, Mirage grimly turned his head toward the fallen Metroplex. "Hound was fighting Spinister, Magnus. He might still be in there."
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Fort Max

The architect took out a med-scanner, running it over the scout and frowned solemnly at the readings, then gently draped one of Hound's arms around his shoulders, wordlessly helping the other Autobot inside and straight to the med-bay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

Red Alert glared at the unconscious Wheels as if deciding whether it was worth spending time imprisoning or executing the wreck.

He raised his comlink. "Wideload, mark my current location. When you have a moment, get over here and take Wheels into custody."

He signed off, then looked to Smokescreen and Bluestreak. "Let's go. If we can take out the Decepticons' sniper, we may be able to turn the tide of this battle."

Snarl subspaced the rifle and brought his energo-sword online as Tracer divebombed at him. The Dinobot crouched, trying to make himself as small a target as he could. Plasma blasts impacted the ground around him, as well as blackening his shoulder and chest armour. He grimaced, but took it like a Dinobot.

When he thought the Decepticon helicopter was close enough Snarl used his sunlight-enhanced strength to leap high in the air. He slashed with his sword at Tracer's underbelly, a trail of flame following the activated weapon as it cut through the air.