[Original RPG] Edge of the Abyss: WRECKED!(the Ark)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl sagged back, sitting on a rocky outcropping. He disconnected his paralyzo-box, then started pulling out burnt fuses with equipemnts he'd...appropriated from Autobase's armoury.

"Where's the fun in that, Roadbuster?"

He looked around, taking in the magma-burnt Ark less-than-enthusiastically.

"Then again, this place isn't exactly the safest hole in the ground we could find. It's got vermin, too."

The last comment was a veiled dig at Stratus, though Whirl doubted the Minicon would hear or understand.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: "It doesn't have to be permanent. But it would work as a base that they don't know about. If we want better digs, I'm sure we can appropriate them from the 'Cons."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Yeah, three rather big ones..." Stratus answered, picking up on and readily turning the comment back on Whirl. He might've been small, but his senses were that much more sensitive to the noises the big guys made. He was also still keeping an eye on the Wreckers even now while he was working, not about to let anything they said or do out of his attention for even a microsecond.
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

"Well, the base is safe, the others stopped it from sinking, so your repairs take priority" Astra said as she turned her attention to Jazz as he turned his head to look at her, then she called over to Skyhammer "About turn, let's take Jazz here to the med-bay"
Reflector

Landing Bay

Post by Reflector »

Though Jazz was relieved to hear the good news (and it was visible through a tiny weak smile), he struggled to maintain a tough guy facade, craning his head around to look at Astra in mock exasperation.

"Awright, you win. Just be gentle with me, doc. I'm so fragile! Heh heh..."

Jazz continued to cling to his recuers' shoulders, helpless yet to do any walking himself.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch was firing carefully aimed shots from his blasters, each one successfully making a weld. He treated it as a game, a test of his skill, though it was a rather easy one. He'd been listening to the Wrecker's conversation nearby, and overheard Stratus's comment.

"Maybe I'll swat one of them right now," he snarled, snapping off a shot from one of his arm blasters, clearly designed to miss the dimmunitive minicon, but an ever more clear indication to keep quiet if he knew what was good for him.

"Whirl's right," he called to Springer I said earlier that this place aint secret anymore, and besides, I don't know how well these support struts are gonna hold up. I've got enough weapons to build a more than adequate defence, kindly donated by the Autobots' armoury.

He stopped firing his lasers, now that the struts were in place, and turned on his heel, walking over to Springer and flopping down on a rock next to him.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Stratus wasn't one to back down, even if it was a bigger bot than him. Pausing a moment in welding, he fired off one of his own shots, which was all but insignificant in size, but he was aiming in the general direction of Sixswitch's face... Without waiting to see if the shot hit or not, he went around to the other side of the pylon, catching upon welding it in place.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall turned as soon as he heard weapons firing that wasn't hitting a support pylon weld point. He flew out to where both Sixswitch and Stratus could see him and maxed out his voicorder so there was no doubt they could hear him. In as commanding a tone as he could muster:

"Alright you two! Enough! We just kicked the Con's out of here and stopped the Ark from sinking. I am NOT going to have you two slag eachother."

He floated down and looked Springer in the optics:

"You and I need to talk about what's going to happen next."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"You stole my line," Whirl quipped to Sixswitch just before Stratus opened fire. He glared at the Minicon as he fled back to the struts.

"He's a spirited devil, if nothing else."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"How about you get outta my face and I don't make small fry shish-kebab"

Springer looked towards the other Wreckers, looked at the Ark -- or at least what was left of it -- and rose to his feet.

"You need a maid"

Springer looked again to his small squad of the elite.

"C'mon, this place needs a makeover and I for one don't care about it, we need to find somewhere else."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"Yeah," Sixswitch replied as the shot hit above his head.
"He has spirit, but spirit can most definitely get you killed too."

He glanced at Springer, ignoring SKyfall.

"Agreed. Ready to roll when you are, boss. Just lead the way."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

(OOC: Just realised that maybe I should move the story on some, so I'm posting this as an adendum to my last post.)

Sixswitch shrugged his large shoulders.
"In fact," he quipped, "I'm ready even if you're not."

Then he turned to Roadbuster.
"You coming?" he asked, "or are you staying with them?" he asked, gesturing at Skyfall.

"Anyway, I'm out of here. Does someone want to lower the shield? Or am I gonna have to find the control centre and do it myself?"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall desperatlly held back the urge to punch Springer. While the ire at being ignored almost out weighed the insults leveled at him:

"Shields are down. You can leave anytime you want. Out the main hatch and the way you came in."

The Micro Master then turned to Roadbuster:

"Well, we'd like to keep you on this team. But I think your former teammates could use some guidence from you. There's always a place here on the Neo's for you."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -chuckles- "I have to, Skyfall. Somebody's got to teach these guys how it's done."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall nodded to his team mate:

"Understood Roadbuster. Remind them what it means to be an Autobot."

With that he turned away from the Wreckers and watched as his team finished the rest of the support pylons. Once they were finished, he opened the hatch and called to them:

"Everyone who doesn't need medical attention - grab some of the supplies and lets see if we can patch the internal damage."

Skyfall then commanded the Omega to transform to Robot mode. With a massive creak, the stone chuncks broke off and crumbled around it. Skyfall transformed and attached as the head.

Internal Power at 4% - 10 minutes of operational time remaining

Skyfall Omega lifted up into the Ark and headed for the War Room\Shuttle Hanger.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Yeah, let's hit the road." Whirl shrugged theatrically, then subspaced his weapon and tools. He stood and headed back towards the main hatch. "Well, not me, obviously. Just the non-fliers. Which is just you, actually." He glanced at Roadbuster.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: "Better to fight down here than up there. Up close and personal is more fun, just so you can see the look on a 'Con's face when you rip his head off. Speaking of that...." -dashes off, comes back carrying a wall plaque with Squeezeplay's head and weapons mounted on it- "Now, I need to make more....."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch laughs.
"Remind... Us?" That's a good one. Real good one. You should go into comedy with a routine like that."

He glanced at Roadbuster as he approached with his plaque.
"Work of art, that. You should hang onto it. Might be worth a bit one day."

"Well, I'm done hanging around bug central. Let's go."

With that, he strolled out of the Ark, and transformed to fighter mode, shooting up and into the sky, but throttling back and circling around to give the others a chance to catch up.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Whirl glanced at Roadbuster's trophy, then nodded in approval.

"That's one ulgy heap'a slag you've got there. Good work."

He transformed to helicopter mode, then flew off after Sixswitch.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -subspaces plaque, shrugs, transforms, rolls out, burning rubber as he goes-