[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 2: Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

The Edge of the Abyss Part 2: Autobots

Post by Scout »

With their fellow Autobots having successfully been retaken, the main Autobot force on Earth continues to repair its troops and seek out sources of energy in the hopes of building enough of a store to supply a mission to retake Cybertron from the Quintessons who took over their homeworld.

The two cities, their troops and their energy, are all under heavy evaluation from both within, and more than likely... without as well.

Some Autobots have split off to different areas. Red Alert has taken a team to the Nemesis, and is currently under seige. A discord and uncomfortable feeling is brewing in the ranks, and the Autobots sense it deeply.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Armoury, Fort Max

Crosshairs tapped the keys of his terminal, going over the weapons inventory for what seemed like the thousandth time. Pinipointer sat on a nearby shelf, watching his partner work, boredom creeping into him.

I need some air, the Nebulan thought. I've spent too much time inside big metal boxes these days...

"I'm going for a walk, Crosshairs," he told his partner as he headed for the door.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Prowl turned away from the window quickly as the door slid open, swiftly snapping to attention and a more business-like demeanor. He decided to give his commander the "good news" first.

"The reinforced panel work and the installation of extra security cameras have been completed in Fortress Maximus, Sir. I have approximately 74.69% of an upgraded reaction program for his internal and external defenses completed as well. This will take into account the known active Decepticons' abilities and weaponry."

Prowl paused momentarily before continuing with his concerns.
"Our Energon reserves are dangerously low, Optimus. To keep Fortress Maximus running with a possibility to sustain a protective field and security defenses, I've had to divert all power to a holding class. Medbay and the Science labs have full draw, as does the command center and security office. Everything else is on an "as-requested" basis.

Our troops are at 42.86% functional power. The numbers of undamaged individuals that are capable of defense are limited severely, though repairs are underway. Reports filtering in from the two city medbays indicate 98.456% of the repairs should be finished within 14 full Earthen cycles, given that there are no more unexpected encounters.

I have sent Skyfire to retrieve the supply requisitions that I sent to the humans. I am still awaiting Crosshairs final analysis of our weaponry capabilities and supply, but initial accounts indicate that it is a gravely low amount and dire situation.

Several of our ranks are on patrol. An emergency alert came through from Red Alert's team only minutes ago, and we have members responding."

The security advisor's optics darkened as his miind raced with strategic calculations and probablilities from concerns.

"I must advise Sir, I believe this to be the calm before the storm.
Given what I've learned and based on current ongoings, I believe the Decepticons may be preparing for another attack on us in our weakened state. It would be an 89.03% liklihood of Gigatron's thought process to believe that by wiping us from this planet, he would have enough energy to have the Decepticon force retake Cybertron. The humans that are aiding us have indicated an increased energy draw from the Decepticons in Carbombya. I believe it is only a matter of time before we can expect another attack. We must use this time to the best of our advantage.

Taking into account our supplies, troop numbers and weapons, I must advise seeing to solidifying Fortress Maximus first. Metroplex is severely underprepared in nearly every aspect, save energon, should the Decepticons attack again. Metroplex's energon reserves are at 2/3 of their full power. Once the troops within him are repaired, I expect his standings for a strong defense to rise exponentially.

Fortress Maximus is capable of a strong defense, even if for a limited time. Given the relative close proximity to each other, the two bolster each others' defenses. Fort Max is not long from being completed for protective features. I expect finishing work within 10.4 Earthen cycles, at which time we should turn our attention to completing Metroplex in the same manner.

We cannot afford to lose any more ground or resources, for both strategic position and troop morale. I must also advise the regrouping of those units that have struck out solitarily. If our ranks divide now, the Decepticons will surely attack and pick us off."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Ironic, Prowl... it seems great minds DO in fact think alike... " prime trailed off. " I've been expecting them to strike for some time now, and I've been worrying the entire time. in regard to our power situation... I'm open to suggestion. Certainly, if Skyfall and company get the job done, that power station will be invaluable, but that will likely be diverted to the Ark's systems... Fortress will still be vulnerable... Solar collector cells would be too vulnerable in regard to damage by weapons fire.... unless we could get those panels to be converted to also absorb any type of weapon fire..."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet finally finished up with Firestar

" There you go, as good as the day you were made " He said

Flicking on his communicator Ratchet sent a message to Prowl
" Prowl, I heard that we have obtained some of Sideswipe's Chips, Could you send someone down here with them please."

Finding nothing else for the moment he started to see what he could do with Brawn
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

"Thanks, Doc" Firestar replied as she slowly sat up, flexing her fingers as a little test "I'm allowed to go now, right?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -finishes working on Chromedome, nods- "There you go......" -scowls- "Why was there a lightbulb in your wound?"

Chromedome: "Sixshot skewered me with a lightpost."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

(OCC: Um, just wondering. the guy who plays Kup, is he in stasis lock or somewhat damaged, but still functional? Fixit is suppose to be working on him and I never got a reply or anytihng. I just don't want to strain that bit too much.)
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet smiled at Firestar
" you can go, but try and rest for a few days ." he replied
Cunning Ravage
Protoform

Post by Cunning Ravage »

Metroplex Medbay

Painfully Crossblades got up from the table his dizziness, more than obvious as he tried to head for the CR chambers.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Outside

Chromia waited for Ironhide to finish scanning. As she did, she glanced around at the surrounding terrain.

"Well, 'Hide? Find anything? Or should we just head on back in?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

Hot Rod's CR chamber slid open and the Autobot Cavalier strode out into the Medbay confidently. He glanced at Ratchet, impatience evident on his face.

"So what's the word, Doc? Am I free to go now?"
_________________-

Outside Fort Max

Pinpointer slipped off his helmet, breathed in the fresh mountain air, and sighed. He really had been inside for too long.

The Nebulan began hiking off into the hills, not sure exactly where he was headed.
Cyborg_Autobot
Protoform

Post by Cyborg_Autobot »

Wilderness

A sudden sound came from the wilderness, Runner was toying with them. She new that they could not see her cause of the clocking device and not scan her cause of her jammers. "I asked to see my brother why did you come along?" There was total silence, her voice came from everywhere.

The five techies got back together and eaited for further orders.
Part Man

Part Machine

All Autobot
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Inside Stakeout, Talon was busy sifting through the training programs he knew. I doubt my friends here would prefer the same training as me, better turn on the safeties before we start.

"Hey Stakeout, are we at the training rooms yet?" he asks the Micromaster.
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Medbay, Fort Max

"Thanks" Firestar replied, getting off the med-table "Who do I see about getting some quarters"

OOC: What do I send Blue to find Spike?
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet glanced at Hotrod , noting the look on his face

"You are clear to leave Hotrod " He said " If you could help Firestar here, I would appreciate it"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"What, I'm a tour guide now?" Hot Rod sighed in disgust, then waved to Firestar. "Right this way," he said with a bit more bite than he intended.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Outside

Chromia started at the sound of Runners voice.

"Because he's still recovering. He was injured in the crash, Runner. And why won't you just leave him be? You're a Decepticon now. You made your choice ya know, you turned your back on him when you left."

She scanned the area again, trying to see her,

"Blurr's my friend. Just go back to the 'Cons, Runner, you're confusing him."

Unknown to her, Blurr had set out in search of Runner himself. Just as Chromia was turning to head back into the fort, he sped up beside her.

"Nonono,Chromia! Idowanttotalktoher. It'sokay,right?" he blurted out.

Transforming back into his bot mode, he shouted out to Runner,

"Runnerareyoustillthere?"
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Stakeout replied to Talon, "As a matter of fact," The three then stopped in their way outside a large door, "we are. Everybody out!"

Redhot and Seawatch both transformed, while Stakeout opened his passenger door for Talon to climb out of.
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Medbay, Fort Max

"Alright" Firestar nodded, heading over to Hot Rod, seeming to ignore his snappish comment "Thanks"

Fort Max corridors

Now in his vehicle mode, Bluestreak trailed aimlessly through the hallways, looking for Spike or someone who knew where he was.