[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 2: Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Tech bay, Fort Max:

Brainstorm: "Hmmmm........" -looking at a pile of parts, electronics, a heap of wiring, and something that resembles a sea sponge- "This could take a while......"

Comm Center, Fort Max:

Hosehead: -staring at the comm console with the same look of mixed fear, dread, and confusion that's been on his face ever since he got to this particular post-

Medbay, Fort Max:

Siren: "Would you hurry up?!?!? C'mon!!! Finish fixing me, Bookworm!!!"

Quig: -scowls- "Look, you stupid pile of junk, I don't know how to replace a radiator! You'll have to wait until Minerva gets back, or Brainstorm!" -kicks Siren's fender- "Besides, all of the bodywork is finished, so it's not like you can't transform."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Countdown responded, "No, I haven't found the housing yet, but I think I'm pretty close to it. Its gotta be somewhere close to entrance since the main weapons system is above the entrance. I... up, found it." He then stopped to what he detected a place on the wall htat seemed to control outter cannon. Transforming, he cut away the panel with his pistol on a low setting, looking inside it.

He then replied, "Yup Starlight, I found the place. Come over to the entrance hall of the Ark near the command center computer. Countdown over and out."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cargo Bay

Whirl joined Sixswitch in ransacking the crates, until he found one that had medkits in it.

"This looks like what we came for."

Arc Royale

Hot Rod pulled his photon rifles from subspace, checking the charges.

"Sounds like a plan."
optimusskids
Protoform

On command deck Fort Max

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix opens a com channel

Quickmix to Brainstorm I'm at a loose end old boy would you be needing a hand by any chance
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch smiled.
"Sure does."

He picked up an armful of medkits from the crates.
"Time for you to be a packhorse, and carry some of these," he told Whirl with a grin.

"Then we can get the hell out of here."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Starlight nodded and lept off the console of the computer and transformed in mid-air. She flew down the hallway in starship mode, past where Nemesis and Stratus were finishing up their systems modifications.

Nemesis watched her fly by and nodded his head to Stratus and then transformed a flew after Starlight.

Both Minicons arrived at where Countdown had found the old main cannon of the Ark. With a smile, Starlight nodded her apreciation to Countdown, then her and Nemesis dove in, starting to modify the emmiter.

Ark had just finished with the Zodiac conversion to one of the powerlines. The large, bulky system now stood out half the width of the hallway and would only work for their plan. But it was done and he nodded to Aero Blade and then leaned back against a wall.

Skyfall arrived at the main entrance to the Ark and looked at Stepper and Artfire:

"You two do know what "Guard Duty" mean right?"

Sixwing just glared at the small Micro Master.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Ark:

"So what do you see, boss? Artfire asked as scanned the area.

Dropshot raised the scope on his shoulder cannon and repiled. "Nothing yet, Well, except for Sixwing and Stepper getting chewed out by Skyfall for letting Warpath into the Ark." He scanned the area further out. "But other than that, nothing. Just keep your optics focused on anything out of the ordinary."

Artfire looked shocked for a moment. " You could see THAT, sir?"

Dropshot answered back. "Yep, It's pretty easy when you're sniper to see stuff like that. It's something that you need keep working on if you ever want to work well with Nightstick or me. You need to practice that sort of thing while you're scanning for instance. Always keep looking for anything that doesn't belong there. If something doesn't look right, odds are is shouldn't be there and therefore could a potental threat."

Artfire pondered for a moment before replying back. "But sir, Isn't that like being paranoid?"

"No, It's not being paranoid. It's a survival trait of a sniper, Why do you think I've functioned for so long on Cybertron and here?"

Ark: Main Entrance

Stepper turned around when Skyfall asked him the question. "Sorry but Sixwing was the one who let Warpath in, not me. I didn't have time to do anything before he already got inside. And besides why didn't you just send him back to Fort Max anyway if you didn't need him. What did you want me to do? Shoot a fellow Autobot for tresspassing?"
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

optimusskids
Protoform

Inside Arc Royale

Post by optimusskids »

Scoop thought about the plan , it wasnt a great plan , not a clever ruse for the history books but hell it was a plan , and as the saying went no plan ever escapes contact with the enemy .

Scoop : count me in
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ark, Main Entrance:

Roadbuster: -optic band narrows, glaring at Sixwing- "That's where you're wrong, Stepper. All the Autobot emblem means is that you warn them first. If they don't stop, then shoot to wound. If that doesn't stop them, shoot to kill." -fists clench- "If it's a Decepticon or an unknown, shoot to kill first and ask questions later."

Tech Bay, Fort Max:

Brainstorm: -tossing the sea sponge back and forth from hand to hand- "Sure, Quickmix. I could use another set of hands."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Countdown smiled back at Starlight and watched as she and Nemesis went to work on the cannon housing. He then assesed, "This should work, the main cannon was able to take in a lot of energy, so I'm sure it'd work good for an emmitter. Anything more I can do to help with the project?"
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Ark: Main Entrance

Stepper tried to hide the smirk on his face. He didn't have a problem shooting anyone if they pissed him off and now it seems that Roadbuster was giving him permission to shoot anyone as long as he had a decent enough reason. " So what you're saying is as long as I give an Autobot enough warning, then I can shoot him?" He then shrugged his shoulders. "Sounds good to me."
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Alright then. Inform the EDC command crew of our plan, Hotrod. We're crossing over Japan at present, but at the rate we're moving, we'll be in Carbomiyan airspace within the hour... we need to be ready."

Back at the Maximus:

" Ironhide, Wheeljack here." the scientist chimed over his comm. "Panelling on the upper decks of the maximus is complete.. but the tower and the sides of the ship aren't equipped with them... and I know I can't get metroplex fitted by nightfall on my own... it took me this long with the prototype beta-drones I'd been working on for med-bay... any chance of gettin' a hand?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cargo Bay

Whirl took the Medkits from Sixswitch and crammed them into his cockpit beside the grenade launcher.

"Let's burn outta here, then."

Arc Royale

Hot Rod nodded, then flipped his comlink open.

"Brooke, we're gonna need your men to storm the prison with Prime and me. Are you up for that?"

The EDC captain's voice came over the comm. "There aren't enough Decepticons in Carbombya to stop us, sir."

"Great. Hot Rod out."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Springer had made his way back to Roadbuster's quarters. He'd looked through his weapons cabinet and picked out a few high-velocity weapons that he was sure Roadbuster wouldn't be able to live without and his small crew would surely need.

He turned his attention back to the computer screen and began to read the history of what had happened in the time he was offline, particularly Roadbuster's actions.

So, he took a swing at Prime...perfect

With that thought Springer activated his personal comm.

"Sixswitch, Whirl. Gather what you can and meet me outside, sharp."

Springer shut down the computer screen and exited Roadbuster's quarters picking up his sword on the way.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch nodded at Whirl, taking a look around the bay, and not seeing anything else they might need.

"Right on bud, let's roll."

He led the way out of the bay, and down the corridors of Fort Max. He gave a smile. Finally, they were getting out of there. Finally, the Wreckers would get back together, and finally do what they were good at.

As Springer's message came over the comm, he kept on walking, but glanced at Whirl and grinned. Springer was probably just as, if not more eager to get out of there than he was.

"Sixswitch here. We're on our way boss. Meet you outside in a few minutes."
optimusskids
Protoform

Inside Fort Max

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix hurried down the corridor on the way to join Brainstorm passing as he did a group of heavily ladened autobots , he passed them by , lost in thought about his latest project a mirror finish alloy that would reflect laser fire 75 .9999786452 % of the time . Boomer and Ricochet hurrying after Him .

He hurried through an entance way

Hi Brainstorm what can i do to help you

Wideload hearing a noise in the entry bay adjacent to his position stuck his head out to check the situation

Landfill scanned the horizon all clear here what about your side Sureshot

Flintlock and Silencer silently started working loose the overflow vavle of the rain water tank adjacent to Landfills position
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Fort Max

Whirl shook his head as he followed Sixswitch.

“No rolling for me. I’d bend my rotors. What say we fly instead?”

He replied to Springer. “Roger that, chief. We’re loaded up and ready to go.”
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

"All clear on this side Landfill " Sureshot replied " keep sharp though "
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch grinned at the bad joke.
"Works for me. Now, let's get out of here."

With that, they emerged out of Fortress Maximus's main entryway, and saw Springer waiting for them. Sixswitch snapped a chirpy salute at the Wrecker Leader, and smiled.

"OK. We're all loaded up and ready to go," he told Springer.
Reflector

Outside Autobot City

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: Transferred from the Decepticon thread.)

Well beyond the city limits, something emerged into the cool black night. Not something material; something surreal. A hush, one may think, or a specter. Its presence could neither be seen nor felt, but those within inches of it knew something was wrong. It was a repressed memory. It wrought deja vu.

And it spoke.

"Cryotek," Gigatron whispered.

He transformed silently from dragster to robot, lying chest-down on the mountain side. He brought a scope to his optics to peer on the Autobot camp.

"You and I must remain wholly undetected until the assault begins. The Autobots must think I have stayed in Carbombya - a coward they think I may be - so that they will not search for me when they realize I am not in the battle. Once the strike begins, you and I shall infiltrate Metrotitan and make away with the parts we need to repair Metrotitan. I have brought a contingency plan in case something goes awry..."

Gigatron unsheathed a box loaded with small explosives from his chest cavity and handed it to Cryotek.

"Use them at my comm--

Without a pause, Gigatron fired a cutter beam from his forehead, striking an Autobot scout hiking out of the valley square between the eyes. A follow-up shot penetrated the optical casing, knocking out and rendering the sentry inoperative.

"--and. Understood?"