[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Wrecking the Store

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Brave Maximus

The Edge of the Abyss: Wrecking the Store

Post by Brave Maximus »

OOC: Sorry, I couldn't resist the title

Skyfall entered a few commands on his chair and the Anti-grav thrusters cut out. While the Shuttle's velocity would have kept them flying strait, a quick nudge from the nose thrusters tilted them towards the ground.

"Get ready, we're going in hot and fast!" Skyfall called.

Nemesis began to laugh like a kid going over his first roller coaster and Ark attempted to hide under his console. In the hold, Sixwing pulled out his missile launcher and smiled, his optics flaring deep purple.

The Omega's engines flared to full life, buring white hot and scortching the very air behind it. It took the shuttle 2 seconds to reach full velocity, screaming to the Earth like a black meteor, air rippling around it. With in a few seconds the ground filled the viewscreen and in the troop bay, the light by the door changed to a yellow glow.

At the last second, as the ground threatened to crash into them, Skyfall activated the anti-grav thrusters and the bow-under thrusters and stern over-thrusters and leveled the ship out with such force that the frame squeeled a little.

"Damn I love doing that! Roadbuster, Dropshot, Artfire, Stepper GO!" Called Skyfall:

The light by the door glowed green and the troop bay doors opened to reveil a dusky sky on the otherside of the world.

From the back of the hold, Sixwing called out:

"Don't get yourself slagged Roadbuster. That's my job. Besides, we still need to talk first........"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -looks over at Sixwing- "You? Kill me? Doubtful. You'll fare no better than the tin freaks I'm about to kill down there." -leaps out the door-
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Dropshot, Artfire and Stepper all jumped out after Roadbuster As they landed Dropshot started shouting orders. "Alright bots. You know what to do. Hit'em hard, Hit'em fast. Artfire, you're with me. Stepper, you and Roadbuster know what do. Let's Wreck and Rule."

Artfire started running with Dropshot to find some decent cover while Stepper went off after Roadbuster. Dropshot found a good postion where he could start picking off the Decepticon's automated defence systems. "Artfire, go and find a different position to provide a crossfire and make sure to give cover to those two if they need it." He then radioed the Omega Shuttle. "Skyfall, This is Dropshot, we're off and running. Radio us back when you're ready to call it a day. Dropshot out."

Artfire settled down in a semi secluded area, pulled out Nightstick and started scanning for targets.
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Countdown activated a radar sweep of the area by plugging his own scanning systems into the ship's. He then made a good few sweeps of the place, looking for any incoming Decepticon flyers.

"Activating scanners now. No sign of the enemy yet Skyfall." Countdown assessed. But he just knew that they would show up sooner or later. They always seem to come out of the metal works when you least expect it.

(OCC: I like the name!:D )
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall watched as the four Autobots exited the shuttle, then shut the door and circled around behind them, waiting for the signal to advance.

The Bases defences were online but innactive - they had not registared the intruders yet, as they were just outside of the Bases sensor range. The base itself was ringed with 8 double-barrelled Plasma cannons on 70' towers, but no walls or even a fence - the Decepticon symbols kept out the human populace.
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Astra watched the raiding party leave the shuttle from a monitor at the back of the ship, there didn't seem to be any guards, but she readied her medical equipment just in case.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade watched from the ship, waiting for the time in which he and the minicons were to go about salvaging all of the useful equipment in the outpost. Normally sabatoge wasn't anything he'd like doing, but with everything that had happened so far, and now seeing the Decepticon insignia again, he couldn't wait to get started.

"Just let us know when we're clear to go," Aero said to Skyfall.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

" Dropshot, I'm ready." Artfire said as he started aiming for the closest tower.

"Good, start taking out those plasma cannons." Dropshot replied as he started firing. Some of the other cannons came online and started firing on Artfire and Dropshot's positions He then radioed his other partner. " Stepper, Transform and draw those cannon's fire . You and Roadbuster need to keep them busy while Artfire and I take them out."

" I'm on it, boss." Stepper then transformed and raced out to the other towers, drawing the cannon attention to him and dodging the plasma blasts by mere feet. One shot almost hit his rear left tire. "WHOA! Dropshot, if my paint gets scratched, you're paying for it."

"You're crying to the wrong bot." Dropshot answered back. "Artfire, how are you doing?"

"I got 2 down but the last one is completely gone. We won't be able to use it."

"Let Skyfall worry about that." And with that he aimed his shoulder cannon and fired on his 3rd cannon. "We should only have 3 more left so let's finish this up. Skyfall is waiting on us."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall grimaced and shook his head. He spoke out loud, to himself more than to anyone:

"Damn it, this isn't how the plan was supposed to go! We need those plasma cannons in working order! But they gave us the opening we needed:"

Then over the comm:

"All hand, brace yourself, we're going in - Sixwing and Jazz, You're up first!"

Skyfall punched in a few commands and the Omega's engines roared to life at full throttle - the sand beneath it liqufied and turned to glass as the Autobot Shuttle roared through the air. Moving inbetween the two groups of Autobot asslaints, the shuttle pushed into the base, right beside the C&C Centre.

Starlight fired the breaking thrusters just moments before they hit one of the buildings and the shuttle came to a rough stop and landed. The troop door opened right beside the wall of the Command Centre and Sixwing stepped out. Instinctivly Skyfall shut the door behind him:

Sixwing stood, laughing maniacly as he fired all three missiles at the wall: Which proceeded to explode, sending dirt and debris for hundreds of feet in every direction - only one support was left and no wall when Skyfall opened the door again. Sixwing, covered in a thick layer of dust glared at Jazz:

"Your way is open, don't be late......"

Skyfall was just climbing down from the command deck, followed by the minicons and Countdown:

"Right, lets get to work: Countdown, you're with me, we're starting on the roof, pulling down those solar pannels. Aero Blade, Starlight and the boys are going inside to pull apart the energon generator. Astra and Sixwing, help out where you can - moving or helping take things apart." Then to Sixwing "Remember, we need it in working order!"

The Micromaster then exited the shuttle and flew to the roof, and began to disassemble the first pannel.

Starlight exited, followed by Nemesis and Ark, with her arm pannel open. The three minicons looked at it and nodded to a wall:

"The Equipment is behind this wall, but there's a lot of hallway between Me\Us and it. It will take some time to transport!"

Sixwing smiled and walked up to the wall and sank his hands into it. With one great heave, he pulled it from the foundation and threw it to the other side of the shuttle, revieling the machinery creating Energon. With a deeply mocking voice:

"I'm here to serve....."

On the Roof, Skyfall opened his comm again:

"Dropshot, Artfire and Stepper I'm not reading any Decepticon signatures - Bring it in and on your way, can you grab what ever Cannons are left?

Roadbuster With the cannons off line like this - do you think you can locate and liberate the control moduel - it may be useful. Keep your eyes on the sky - I'm expecting trouble....."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Countdown heard Skyfall, replying, "So we just make our way up there with all the auto guns a blazing eh? I knew this would be a suicide mission." He then made his way behind Skyfall, praying to sweet Primus that he wouldn't screw this mission up. He then made his way to the wall and punched into it. Then he pulled and ripped it off aside, like a bit of sheet metal. 'Gentlebots, the store is open."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -vehicle mode, roars in through the gap, transforms to robot mode, strides over to the control panel, shuts down the autoguns, starts trying to remove the control module-
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Beneith his faceplate, Aero Blade grimaced at Sixwing's subtlety in giving them an easy entrance. Shaking it off, he proceded through the newly made door, getting to work on making sure all the components of the generator was shut down before they dismatled it. At least it seemed like Sixwing could handle a heavy load, so they wouldn't have to worry about making the pieces too particularly small, so that'd save time.

"Alright Starlight, let's get to work on dismantling this thing before we wear out our welcome. I'll start with the conductor relays and move on from there," Aero announced to the minicons, quickly making his way over to start the removal process for the generator.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

The three minicons follow Aero Blade's lead, taking the control circuits off line then dismantiling them.

Sixwing stood back and watched, a little in awe at how fast the four of them were taking the place apart. Now if only there was something for him to hurt.....

His thoughts were stopped when Skyfall called down:

"Sixwing, One solar pannell, ready to go."

Sixwing took the 20' X 10' Solar collector and loaded it into the cargo bay of the Omega, watching it vanish into Subspace.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

As soon as the cannons were shut off, Artfire and Stepper started taking them down and bringing them back to the ship. Dropshot looked at each one of the cannons before loading them onto the ship. 4 of them were in good enough condition to use as soon as they got back, 3 cannons would require minor repairs and the one that Artfire had nuked was more severly damaged but on further expection, Dropshot figured it was still fixable.

"Good job boys, Now go on into that facility and see what else we can use. I'll load these up and be with you in a minute."

Artfire answered back. "You got it boss. C'mon Stepper, we need get there before all the good stuff is gone."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Countdown scanned for some of the parts the ark still needed and snapped his fingers as a sign of results. "Bingo!" He then moved forward with his hands and ripped a large componet out of the wall. "Hey Sixwing, didn't you always want a new energy waste regulator unit? Here, catch it." He then threw the object at Sixwing.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Immediately after Sixwing, Jazz dove from the Omega and transformed in midair, tearing up the dirt with his squealing tires as he hit the ground. His growling engine carried him rapidly across the void, and he rolled through another transformation upong reaching the facility. With his rifle in hand, Jazz pressed the side of his head against the outer wall and listened...

Inside

"Countermand!"

The lieutenant snarled with an audible sigh, turning from his Earth-web browsing, and looked up to the internal lookout post, where his single subordinate watched the screens surrounding him.

"What is it, Crossfire?"

The observer took one more glance at the screens before responding.

"Our defenses are down! We're-- I think we're under attack!"

Countermand's optics widened. He hadn't been ready. He stood from his chair slowly and awkwardly, looking to the door, then back to Crossfire.

"A-All right. Call Metrotitan for backup, then get your gun andAAGH!"

Countermand used his last ounces of energon before shock stasis overtook him to turn and face his attacker, who delivered a swift kick to follow up the stun shot. Countermand continued to spin, his velocity translating from rotational to vertical, and hit the floor hard.

Crossfire only had time to look shocked. Jazz pointed his blaster toward the lookout, but faked him out with a light and sound display. Crossfire grunted in frustration and stumbled over the side of his perch, falling to the floor below. Satisfied that the targets were sufficiently dazed, Jazz ran to the lift and ordered it to bring him downstairs, to the comm room...
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

"I see, guess I lost track of time being stuck in the Constructicons' workshop" Astra replied, selecting the best med-tools, then putting them in a Cybertronian medkit-box and slinging it over her shoulder "Maybe we can catch up on recent events properly if I get some time off from with the group who recuited my skills, Jazz is here, and they're led by someone called Skyfall"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -finishes removing the control console, subspaces it, activates commlink- "I've got the control module for the autoguns, Skyfall. Now going to do a little seek and destroy." -deactivates commlink, pulls linear blaster cannon and laser rifle, turns, starts striding towards the control areas-
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Sixwing sneered at Countdown as he took the module from him and then took another solar pannel from Skyfall and took them to the cargo bay to be stored in subspace:

"Careful, there's more than enough space in here for you........."

Skyfall kept his eye on Sixwing, making sure he wasn't going to try anything on Countdown, but the Micromaster combiner was content to verbally bantor with everyone..... so far. His comm beeped as Roadbuster gave his report:

"Good work Roadbuster - Don't wander too far, we might need to take off in a hurry - but I think Jazz accompished his mission, as I've detected no comm traffic."

Starlight, on the other hand, had her hands full - Nemesis and Ark were doing their job well, almost too well, as they were trying to out-do each other in the fastest to take things apart - they almost took some parts down to their base commonents a few times - all in all though, The four of them (Including Aero Blade) were almost finished taking the system apart.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade only took moderate notices of the competition happening between the two minicons, simply trying to take the equipment appart as quickly and carefully as possible. It was true the outpost here had been praticly unguarded, but he was still anerved that a platoon of Decepticons could show up at any time to take them by suprize. Best to just get things done as quickly as possible.

"We're nearly done in here, Skyfall. Maybe a couple of more minutes, and we'll be good to go," Aero reported without skipping a beat on the dismantling job.