OOC: AWF stats are back, baybee!

Having a quiet drink with Terry Gene Bollea.
Silly Cow

OOC: AWF stats are back, baybee!

Post by Silly Cow »

...and with a bang! BANG!

Indeed. After a long time of laziness I decided to get to work, write down over a year full of results and add up the W's and D's. I also made a nifty website which you can find here.

I know, my html skills are laughable at best, so the layout will never be anyting fancy. But at least (almost) all the stats are there.

Ever wondered how many times you've lost in a tag tea match, or participated in a battle royal? Fear not, Silly Cow has the answer.

Some notes, the special matches part tells you how many times you've won in a battle royal or a similar match. The "losses" part tells you how many times you've participated and not won. I must admit the line between normal matches and "special" matches possibly hasn't been as consistent as it should be.

Draws. If a match has started and there isn't a decision I've marked it as a no contest and given everyone a draw. If the match hasn't started (one of the competitors is a no show) I haven't marked it, unless it's a tournament or it's clearly stated in the text that the other man has been counted out. Then it's a win by forfeit.

Triple threats, fatal fourways and such, the winner gets a win, all the other get losses. That may not be the official way, but that's what I'm using. Deal with it.

The tag team section will be up next week. In the meantime, you might suggest tag teams that deserve to get their own stats. King & Lock is finished and I'm at least going to do CompuFire, NWA, Blood & Thunder, Mav'ricks and the Next Age Outlaws. Anyone else?

I'll probably do top lists at some point, giving you the top guys in all possible categories.

I'll do my best to update these as often as possible. Comments, questions? All welcome if they're good and not stupid, respectively.
Thanks D!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Great work man. I'm impressed. Hmmm, I've now won more singles matches than I've lost. Amazing.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Yep nice to see and check it.

I've only ever won 4 matches... maybe I should have stayed dead afterall :p
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

You work out your wins average (if memory serves me correctly) as:
Number of wins divided by total matches, right?

If so, my wins average as a singles superstar is 0.555 (recurring)

As a tag wrestler, its 0.522 (3 sf)

Not too bad... good work, SC. You deserve a medal for having the patience to trawl through all the AWF material...
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

The sense of 'effort' that radiates from that list is quite frankly terrifying. Cow, I applaud your insanity.

And I wasn't even expecting to be on that list at all! I feel so loved!
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Wolfang
You work out your wins average (if memory serves me correctly) as:
Number of wins divided by total matches, right?
Normally yes, but there are the draws you have to think about. I've been thinking about using the same style they use in the NHL for determening winning percents. (Wins + (draws / 2)) / number of matches.
Ignavus
Protoform

Post by Ignavus »

Either way, my win percentage is 0%....

seems kinda appropriate for Igz, doesnt it?

Thanks, Cow. That's really cool! I wuv oo!
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ H. Simpson
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Wow.

I never knew i had that many matchs.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

I may have missed it...but Jim had one match where he killed Roy Fokker in a Hell in a Cell.
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Cow, you know I hate to disagree with you, but I think my stats are a little off.

I'm not quite sure where the draw comes from, but I know I've got two wins (Vs TC, Auros, and Ravage and a win Vs Amarant on Warzone) in the "singles" columns.

I'd also like to know where the tag draw comes from, unless it's the one that I was supposed to have with Brave Maxx that was cancelled.

:)

But I love ya for all the info. Good work.
Artwork by Jackpot, sig by Denyer. Both of them are awesome!
Click the sig to go to Jackpot's site.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Wow you have too much free time :)

Still sweeeeeeeet stuff man. Thanks for the time and the energy you put into that.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by xille
I'm not quite sure where the draw comes from, but I know I've got two wins (Vs TC, Auros, and Ravage and a win Vs Amarant on Warzone) in the "singles" columns.

I'd also like to know where the tag draw comes from, unless it's the one that I was supposed to have with Brave Maxx that was cancelled.

Ah yes. The win against Amarant was from the "unofficial" Warzone. Since it apparently wasn't done via any of our official bookers I decided not include it in the canon. But if one of TPTB say it's okay, I'll do it. No biggie.

As for the draws, let's consult my gargantuan database:

Mayhem 10.3.2004
Xille vs. Cloudstrifer a draw via no contest
The 24/7 rule had just been declared by Mr. Reilly
Ravage, Strafe & Stone Cold get in the mix so Xille decided to get his HC title and vamoosh.

Mayhem 11.7.2004
Viewfind, Tempest & The NWA vs. Blood & Thunder, Xille & Vin Ghostal a draw via no contest
Nmat interferes and clocks the referee, The Game comes to save the day and Ravage follows soon after. Mayhem (excuse the pun) ensues. The ref never wakes up. (Well, he will eventually. It's not like he was killed or anything.)
Thanks D!
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Oh right. Fair enough. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Tag teams are now online!

And no Next Age Outlaws! I actually remembered them being a core tag team at the time but I found only four or something matches they had together. Which is lying, my stats or my memory?

And now we can truly discuss one of the biggest questions in AWF history: Which was the better team, King & Lock or CompuFire?

In fact, CompuFire had better stats in the beginning, but after they stopped coming here and their team was used mainly to elevate the new generation of tag teams their stats came down to the current level.

Making it harder still, although they were the two dominant tag teams at the time, they only encountered once in a one-on-one tag match. It was the ill-fated 2 out of 3 falls match at Archivemania II which ended in CompuFire victory and the seperation of King & Lock.

And still, any teams I've forgotten about? Give me a holla!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

The Next Age Outlaws were part of DN, and I think most of our matches were six man tags and the like. Now that you mention it, I can only remember three matches myself - one against Flec and Cosmotron, two against the Mav'ricks, and one against the Mav'ricks and Quick Switch and NMat. Then we lost the titles, Dead Pool was injured, I was beaten up by DN, and then I begun a singles career.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
AWF Press Office
Protoform

Post by AWF Press Office »

Top work, Mr Cow. :)

Who were better? CompuFire or The King & The Lock? Well, just look at the match result. ;)

There was a reason it was saved till AMII and given a decent stip - settle the issue on the biggest stage! Wooha. Or not, your call. :)

Any chance of a quick top ten, for ease of reference? Say, the ten competitors with the most wins, the ten competitors with the most defeats, etc?
Originally posted by Sixswitch
I can only remember three matches myself - one against Flec and Cosmotron, two against the Mav'ricks, and one against the Mav'ricks and Quick Switch and NMat.

1 + 2 + 1 = 3?

Learn to count! ;)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by AWF Press Office

1 + 2 + 1 = 3?

Learn to count! ;)

one against Flec and Cosmotron, two against the Mav'ricks, and one against the Mav'ricks and Quick Switch and NMat.
one + two + one = four

Learn to read. ;)
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by AWF Press Office
Any chance of a quick top ten, for ease of reference? Say, the ten competitors with the most wins, the ten competitors with the most defeats, etc?
As Silly Cow so wisely said in the first post
I'll probably do top lists at some point, giving you the top guys in all possible categories.
Learn to count! ;)
Learn to read! ;)

EDIT: Just curious. The first Mayhem came out 3.1.2002 but AWF Press Office account was registered Aug 2001. I don't remember that well what happened but I don't think it took that long to get AWF rolling. If my memory serves me right, the original Royal Rumble hadn't been made on August 2001. Am I just imagining things or is there some kind of conspiracy behind this all.

And another thing, could someone with the power to do so put the link to the stats in one of the stickies. I intend to keep the stats online and updated and it would be nice if people could access them easily after this thread disappears from the first page. Just a thought.
AWF Press Office
Protoform

Post by AWF Press Office »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
one + two + one = four

Learn to read. ;)

Fantastic comeback. No wonder you're champion...
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Those last few Warzones were approved by some higher form of the AWF. Apart from the fact that we weren't alowed to have title shots they were still counted as AWF Shows. They were put in to keep the AWF'ers something to read during Mayhem and PPV's.

Also, Nice job Silly Cow. Wow, I didn't know I had that many wins. Seems abit odd but eh? Who am I to complain.

Also on a side note ... AWF Press Office, keep it down :P