[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade nodded to Skyfall as he and the minicons recieved their assignments. "Just make sure the Cons stay off our cases, and we should have it taken appart in no time," he answered.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: "Thanks, Bluestreak." takes package of patchplates, activates commlink- "The damage to the rest of the team doesn't appear to be too bad. Apart from Whirl, it looks like Chromedome took the worst of it." -finishes up with Sixswitch, moves over to Chromedome, starts running her mediscanner over him-

Medbay, Metroplex:

Ironhide: "But..... uh......" -watches Chromia run out, looks over at Blurr, shrugs-
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet entered the Medbay, Transforming as he came through the door

Quickly assessing the damage the the gathered patients, he turned to Blurr

"Blurr, you should be O.K. after some rest and recharge, but if you have any problems come and see me or Fixit."

Then he walked over to Crossblades and started patching the holes in the Pretender's shell
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall looked at Dropshot:

"Resistance should be light besides the automated weapon systems. It seems the 'Cons have pulled back to their main base, comfortable in the knowledge that we don't know about this place. That being said - we were expecting light resistance in Japan, and look what happened - so be ready for anything."

Taking one final look around:

"If there are no more questions, lets load up and get ready for the mission."

From off in the corner, Sixwing chuckled a little......
Outside Metroplex

Once he had been set down, Dai Atlas became aware, though just a little. As Brainstorm was looking him over, his internal repair drones began to work on him, as they would anything else, were he in base mode. After a few moments, Dai Atlas muttered:

"Ouch....."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Metroplex

Chromia stalked down the hallway and headed in the direction of the main entrance.

Runner! I should have known! Why doesn't she go back to the Decepticons? Why won't she leave Blurr alone?

She continued down the hall, working up a full head of steam in anger at the ex-Autobot, turned Decepticon.

Primus! Wait till I see her.. I'm gonna....

She paused in the hall, realizing that she had no idea what she actually planned to do.

Do what? Talk to her? Have a nice little femme to femme talk? What am I doing? Grrrrrrrr............

Making a decision, she opened a comm channed to Ironhide.

"Ironhide, you still in Medbay? I have a, uh possible situation outside. Could you meet me at the main entrance?"

She waited for his answer.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Inferno grinned and hollered back to Jazz with a "Careful whatcha ask for!"

Laughing, he turned and swung up into Jetfire's hold. "Hey hey- all's quiet on the southern front. Think we can make some noise above it Jetfire?"

------------------------
------------------------
Thank Primus for false alarms.
The thought of relief turned to thoughts of duty in a fraction of a fraction of a second.
In the security center of Fort Max, Prowl turned and looked fixedly with an emotionless expression at a screen. He was studying monitors and reading the incoming data.

The conclusion came simply and quickly before even a tenth of the complete roster data returned.
We're in grave danger with our active and undamaged roster numbers dwindling. If we get attacked now, our survival chances are less than 28.6783%.

Prowl sat down at a terminal and began typing in security codes. He sent an order for an extra energon supply to be set in reserve for the city's gun center. He activated the additional cameras and laser trips that he had had Inferno install, and then Prowl picked up a communicator.

"Mirage- return and begin guard of Fortress Maximus' main entry."

"Hound, begin continuous scans and surveillance for any incoming Decepticon activity."

"Jetfire, return and refuel. It's time we took our human friends up on their offer of supplies. I will send a request to the human President. When you finish refueling, take Hot Spot and Inferno to assist with loading the cargo, and go to the dispatch center in Washington state. Our first supply shipment should be ready by then."

"Crosshairs, report on the status of our weaponry?"

Prowl waited for the response as he continued to type the supply request at lightning speed. Once he finished, he sent it.
======================

After acknowledging Prowl's order, Mirage wandered back through the tree looking as bored as he felt.

Hoo-ray. More guard duty on this mudball.
He took up a guard position in front of the entrance.
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

Hound confirmed his order as well. Prowl didn't know that he was already scanning the area, but that was a moot point.
He flashed a quick glance back at the base before turning his attention to a mountaintop. Keenly aware of the noises and area around him, Hound began trekking up a path through the trees.
-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
Trailbreaker was stunned to hear the voice addressing him over his communicator, and fell backwards off of the table where he had been sitting and talking with Spike. Picking himself up off the floor, he eventually managed a half-coughed, half-grinned "Astra?"

Spike echoed the question with a puzzled expression.
"Astra?"

-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

Trying to stay out of the medics' way, Smokescreen wandered out of medbay and wandered towards the entrance.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crosshairs' Quarters

The Autobots' armoury officer was at the most restful part of his recharge cycle - after his fuel cells had been replenished, but before his systems reactivated - when Prowl's call came through.

"Unhh," he groaned as he forced himself off the recharge bed. Standing as straight as he could, Crosshairs activated his comm system.

"I can't give precise figures at the moment, Prowl. I've been recharging, and before that I was involved in the Hound situation. Give me ten minutes and I'll get you a proper inventory. But I can tell you that we were at the bare minimum months ago, ammunition-wise. So unless someone listened to my advice and got weapon-making supplies from our human friends we're probably suffering a severe shortage by now." Crosshairs frowned, surprised by the amount of irritation that was showing in his voice.

I'm not fully awake yet, I guess...

As he spoke, Crosshairs was walking out of his quarters, towards the armoury. He sent a summons to Pinpointer as he did so.

Medbay

In a moment of something vaguely resembling consciousness, Whirl's optic lit. He stared out at the Autobots that occupied the room, his gaze finally coming to rest on Springer.

"Ch...chief? But you...you're dea...d..."

His head suddenly felt as if it were made of solid neutronium, and he allowed it to rest back on the surgical table.

Seeing ghosts is a bad sign...
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Medbay, Fort Max

"You're welcome" Bluestreak replied, then dropped back into a corner, his mind running over nearby places to pick some food for Minerva.

Outside the Ark

"Righto, boss" Astra replied, saluting Skyfall respectively, then turned to collect some medical tools from the med-bay as she replied to the comm-message, her voice now quiet "Yeah, it's me, 'breaker, it's good to hear ya again"
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

ooc: yes I just have alot of bots to get too, thats all.

After patching up Crossblades shell, Ratchet moved over to Firestar and started repairing her vital systems
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Medbay Metroplex:

Fixit began finishing up on Crossblades' robot form and figuratively swept the sweat from his fore head. He turned to Ratchet, "Well, I did the best I could for Cross here. Now we just need to get him to an 'R chamber for a recharge."

Outside Ark:

Countdown walked up to Skyfall, "You seem to be running things quite well. Ever consider taking up another postion?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -over commlink- "Ah'm comin', Chromia." -heads out of medbay for the main enterance- "What's goin' on?"

Command deck, Metroplex:

Nightbeat: -still looming over Nikko, hisses- "Look, Squishie, I asked you a simple question. Tell me what the guy who recruited you looks like."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Metroplex's main entrance

...replies to Ironhide over comm.....

"I think we have an univited guest. Blurr said that Runner is close by and was trying to contact him. I don't know what she wants, but she'd have to be awfully close to contact him on his personal comm."

...she stares out across the area, trying to see any evidence of the Decepticon...

"Should I start looking for her, or should I wait for you?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

The young human stared with wide eyes at the metallic being's optics.
Nikko opened his mouth to answer Nightbeat, and almost nothing came out. The only audible sound was a faint wheeze as his eyeballs rolled upwards and he began to slump to the floor.
--------
--------
Prowl glanced to a screen as he listened to Crosshairs.
His demeanor had changed to a very business attitude with no time or use for pleasantries. The security director was seeing proverbial "gaping holes" in the Autobot defenses that could all-too-soon materialize into reality.

"The requisition for the supplies has been sent Crosshairs, and the humans have acknowleged and affirmed the response and delivery of the necessary items in the quantity we requested. I have sent disatch orders to Skyfire, Artfire and Inferno to collect the shipment and return promptly. It is imperative and of the utmost urgency that those cases are brought in and rationed to all areas. I will leave the overseeing of the delivery to you, Crosshairs. Do not hesitate to inform me if any delays or problems arise, and confirm the delivery as soon as they return. If you require any further new weaponry support, you may send requests to the science lab."

Without stopping the continuous clicking of the terminal keys, ice-blue optics locked onto an active duty roster moitor two screens over and began to scan it, checking for abilities and status.

In response to the codes being entered, Fort Max's power routing fluidly and without any disruption- switched to a class C status, keeping only the main control rooms, security system, the science labs and med bay continuously powered. All other rooms and features were brought over to an "on-demand" status for power.

Simultaneously, Prowl began running diagnostics on every system that made up the large city-bot, from the giant turrets to the smallest backup light.
One at a time. Get this place secured and then see to Metroplex.
--------
--------
Reaching his station outside Fort Max, Mirage leaned up against the wall and began looking around.
All's quiet here. Used to be this way on Cybertron. Nothing but open space and good times.

He spotted a glint in the sky and watched an Earthen airliner heading northwards, leaving its vapor trail behind to turn a purple-pink in the setting sunlight.

--------
--------
Trailbreaker absently ran a hand behind his neck and sheepishly
laughed. "Yeah, long time Astra[/v]... about 4 million years or so. Heh."

He flicked a glance at Spike, who was evidently trying not to laugh out loud at the expression on Trailbreaker's face.
The black Autobot just shrugged and grinned again with a slightly guilty and amused expression.

"Guess you, uh, were part 'f the refugees when we all had ta leave Cybertron. Sure is good to hear from ya again."
---------
---------
Hound was enjoying the changing sky colors as he neared the top of the mountain. He felt relaxed and at ease, nothing of Cybertronian energy was reading on his scanners except for himself and the base many miles below. But when a sharp cracking noise sounded just to his side, he couldn't help the instantaneous reaction spin with his fists up. He watched for a moment, primed for close combat before slowly lowering his arms. A startled deer bounded away as he watched with a relieved expression. Still slightly on edge and now scanning for any lifeforms, the scout turned and continued to the top of the mountain.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Armoury, Fort Max

Crosshairs nodded absently as Prowl spoke. "Aye, sir. I'll throw together what I can from the stock we have in the meantime. Crosshairs out."

Sliding comfortably behind his desk, the weapons officer began to read through the last few days' worth of checkout logs.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Metroplex medbay

" Good job Fixit " Ratchet said to his fellow doctor " Could you see to Kup and then take a break yourself "

" And you my girl " he said to Firestar lying on the table " will be fine after a recharge and a few days of rest ."

Turning to Hotrod ratchet frowned

always the hotheads

then started working on hotrod again
Cyborg_Autobot
Protoform

Post by Cyborg_Autobot »

Runner was somewhere in the forest/field beyond sensor reach. She mad sure that periodiccally to hide herself. She was a patient woman bu tnot a very good convertaionalist. If Blur sent anyone else there would be trouble. She was sitting covered in foilage waiting for a response.

(question has anyone taken care of the poor techies??? there in peices :( )
Part Man

Part Machine

All Autobot
Reflector

Outside the Ark

Post by Reflector »

With his passengers loaded and his engines warm, Skyfire rolled up the fron hatch and began taxiing across the desert plain.

"Heh... Your wish is my command, Inferno!"

Having reached sufficient speed, Skyfire's large frame shuddered into the air and began setting course for Autobot City in Colorado. The large blue diode in his cockpit blinked as he radioed home.

"Affirmative, Prowl. We're en route now. ETA: thirty minutes. Skyfire out."

On the ground, Jazz raised a hand above his head and waved it toward the Omega shuttle.

"Let's roll, Autobots! Hup hup hup!"

Always one to lead by example, Jazz jogged up the Omega's ramp and made haste for the cabin, where he held onto a ceiling rail in case he was needed before takeoff. Precaution, don'tcha know.

Outside Autobot City

"What'sss the rush?" Doublecross' left head grimaced at Repugnus' transmission.

"He makess it sssound like we take hiss orderss," the right added.

With a glance back to Grotusque, Doublecross rounded the corner of Fortress Maximus' corner tower and meandered toward the boulder where he had left Repugnus.

"At your ssserviccce," his right head hissed sarcastically.

"You sssound about ready to make sssome trouble," the left noted.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

ooc: The technobots were fixed up a while ago

Ratchet continues working on hotrod
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Medbay Metroplex:

Fixit nodded, "Alright then." He then jumped off of Crossblades' table and made his way towards Kup's.

He jumped up next to Kup, asking, "So, what seems to be ailing ya old timer?" He was doing a quick scan through his visors to check.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime stood atop the central tower of the maximus' battleship mode. Gazing out at a setting sun, his optics dimmed somewhat.

"Now's as good a time as any..." he sighed...

Bringing his comm online, he radioed Prowl for startes...

"Prowl... Prime here. We're going to need to have a discussion on how things are stacking up... I think midnight in the command center will be fine... "

shifting his frequency, but keeping the channels open for response, he radioed Jazz...

"Jazz. Status report. I don't mean to look over your shoulder, old friend but the maximus and metroplex may well be targeted again in the very near future... and though the ark isn't very far, 30 minutes may make the difference."

Prime stood silent, waiting for the replies, which were bound to come.