[Original RPG] Innovations: Ch1, The Beginning

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shatterstorm looked at Bludgeon and slowly shook his head in dismay as fluids pooled around the damaged limb and knee.

"You are not free Bludgeon. You are more a captive than ever before. Without an owner, a loose construct immediately belongs to the Imperial Magistrate himself. His servant... Red Alert may see you as a threat. Beware. It is only because I was deemed not a threat that I was allowed to be sold on initially, but I was returned to the arena due to my fighting record- too valueable to be left as a peaceful consumer good model. You who bear the titles and victories - you could be a danger now to the great Master. Even now, messages are being sent to the IM. He is aware of what has transpired here in the last two cycles, and arrangements are being made to fit you with locking bolts. You will never be able to leave the colleseum. Instead, you will become a prized champion for the Imperial Magistrate himself and then a trainer in his service. You will never see the outer world of Cybertron again. But be content here Bludgeon. Here you can excel, exist and have most of your wants met.

Yes, I know who the murderer was, and he was following given orders and is not to be held accountable. But if I tell you the name of the one who issued the orders, you will certainly terminate a master, and in turn will also be terminated. I want to help, but how can I follow my loyalty to Arthaxis by revealing the offender's name? No... wait---"

Shatterstorm paused and closed his optics for a moment.

"I cannot break my orders by telling you the names you seek. But, for the worthy master, if you allow it, and if we are able, I will show you instead."
----------------------------
----------------------------
Bluestreak watched Ironhide through clearing optics as his systems cleared. "What... what happ..nnned? Gotta get tooo.... work."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: "Me? Fitted with restraining bolts? They would seek to impede the development of a child of Metallikato?" -shakes head- "Then they truly are fools. Show me, then, who ordered the death of our master....." -grins a grin worthy of a skull- "... and tell me who carried out these orders. I would talk with him."

The Cells:

Ironhide: -still working on the wall- "Guards come in an' gave ya somethin' ta knock ya out. How d'ya feel?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Masters! The cameras have been destroyed by Bludgeon!"
The two Quintessons stopped their discussion immediately and looked over. The second Quintesson turned to its death face.

"97% probablility of the Advance trying to accumulate information in secret."

"Yes. 98% probablility the Trainer will not submit. 2% chance that the unit will deter from his orders."

"The Imperial Magistrate will be pleased with his... gifts."
"I will dispatch the alligatorcons to retrieve the terminated unit for encasement.

"We must also insure the gladiator's cooperation."

"That has been seen to. The unit requested weapons. At this moment they are being delivered to his quarters. When he returns to claim them, he will be fitted with restraints."

"Excellent. Proceed."

-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
Arena 3
Shatterstorm tremored again- more with Bludgeon's smile than his injury. He refocused and closed his optics, processing.

"Bludgeon, the gamma hall will be monitored now in preparation for a new gladiator-Springer's arrival. The delta hall will be monitored, but it will be the best way to leave... down past the practice construct holding cells and through the delivery docking bay. The masters have ordered me to termination, my extended presence may alert them to your agenda. Even now, I hear the sounds of a unit coming to retrieve my form for the Imperial Magistrate's display case. You are choosing a course you cannot return from if you proceed and do not complete the termination now. Know that."

Shatterstorm eased himself up to a standing position and then moved his damaged hand and wrist to a clamped position under his right arm before starting for the door.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -knowing what his destiny is, pauses for a moment- "You do have a point there, Shatterstorm. And I never said that I would let you live anyway. For failing to protect Arthaxis when you had the chance, you shall die. Just give me the name of the one who ordered the assassination. They've sent you here to die, and this is your chance to strike back." -walks up behind Shatterstorm- "In this way, we can throw a spanner into their plans, while appearing to go along. Arthaxis was murdered for no reason at all. Our master is dead, and you dishonor his memory by protecting those who ordered his death."
Scout

Post by Scout »

"I cannot dishonor... there is no such thing. We are only programmed, we only follow orders- don't we? And to this I even begin to question myself. I didn't have the opportunuty, I wasn't there until after it happened. No, I must follow and not deviate from my program, my orders. I must protect you Bludgeon, and protect the others, even if it causes my own termination.

To protect you, I will tell you that your weapon order is arriving. It will be in the docking bay being unloaded. You must retrieve them before they get to your quarters or you will be fitted with a restraint. Follow me, or terminate me. I cannot tell you. I must follow my orders, but I will try to go there if I can."

Shatterstorm broke into a jog towards the corridor leading down to the receiving wing.
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Bluestreak frowned and then stood up, balancing himself against the wall for stability.

"I feel hot... I feel hot... but my diagnostics are checking out."

Bluestreak looked around the cell with a puzzled expression.
"I... have to get to the assembly line. I have to work."

A moment later his face darkened.
"No, I remember now. I've been replaced."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -transforms to his tank mode, all four sets of treads spinning and kicking up sparks, tearing and digging into the floor as he rolls(slowly) after Shatterstorm-

The Cells:

Ironhide: -still working on the wall with the cutter- "Don't worry, kid. Ah'll get ya outta here. Jus' hang on a klick....."
Scout

Post by Scout »

He hasn't killed me yet. Let's get going then...
Shatterstorm was halfway down the corridor when he heard a crash behind. He ignored it, running on diagonals as he hit the ajoining hall sectors. A set of four alligatorcons were already up ahead at the merging area of the halls and they aimed their stun weapons towards the oncoming constructs. Shatterstorm twisted to glance behind him and yelled back toward Bludgeon. "Show me what you've got in that pipe of yours novice... can ya hit me or not?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: posting in tandem for Heinrad- he's still having login troubles

Bludgeon: -tank mode, sees Gatorcons- "Stop running, Shatterstorm! Face your death with honor!" -loads the gatorcons locations into his targeting computer, fires 4 electrical bursts, on trajectories that will, ultimately, hit the Gatorcons while narrowly missing Shatterstorm-

"You're fighting on my terms Bludgeon!" Shatterstorm scowled and yelled back. "Your misguided idea of honor will lead you to your termination!"
Shatterstorm darted back across the hall as the bursts neared, allowing one to clip the back of his left shoulder. He fell to the ground as the alligatorcons exploded in sprays of fluids and shrieks.

"Oh no... what did I do?" Remorse instantly hit the veteran fighter along with the splattered fragments of the alligatorcons.

Bludgeon: -still rolling forward, treads digging into the flooring- "I somehow doubt that, Shatterstorm."

Shatterstorm didn't have much time to dwell on the deaths with Bludgeon closing behind him. He got up and cleared the entry for a cell wing.
With barely a pause, he ran down the corridor, opening seemingly random doors as he went and ordering the occupants out into the hall with a yell.

Ironhide: -still cutting into the wall behind the lock when the door opens- "Ain't gonna complain." -looks back at Bluestreak- "C'mon, kid. Time we was leavin'." -steps out of cell-

Bludgeon: -skidding slightly on the spilled fluids of the Gatorcons as he pivots to follow Shatterstorm, barrels into the cell wing, kicking up a roostertail of coolant and lubricant- "Face me, coward!!!"

"The only cowed one here is you Bludgeon! For whom do you serve but a dead Master and yourself! Come and kill me if you can, for if you are unable, you will surely meet with termination outside!"

Bluestreak followed Ironhide somewhat unsteadily. "What's going on? Are we being taken to the fights? Are we going to be terminated or will they release us now? What is that soun..."

Bluestreak's optics widened as he glanced to the right and saw a tank coming down the hall.

Ironhide: "At a guess, it ain't dinner."
"Run you fools!" Another construct hissed at them as he charged by following Shatterstorm's path.
Ironhide: -pushes Bluestreak towards the direction Shatterstorm ran in- "Better we don't wait ta find out, either. C'mon!" -follows-

Bluestreak nodded quickly and started running as fast as his systems would take him.
---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
"Masters! There is a commotion in cell hall 3! Bludgeon and Shatterstorm have escalated their challenge in the corridor and several practice constructs are loose in the hall and heading for the cargo bay."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

OOC: I would like it if there was someone who could be the computer and tell Prowl where Alpha Trion is, in addition to someone else with Jazz and Magnus...

Prowl stared at the computer monitor. He knew that it was illogical to be angered at a inanimate machine, but he knew that his masters would be upset if he did not complete his task.
Ultra Magnus and Jazz continued to talk, as Blitzwing looked on with seething anger.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Spinister stepped out of his cell, his stealth equipment still engaged. Ignoring the commotion as other constructs rushed out, he began to walk soundlessly towards the exit.
Warcry reluctantly left his cell, unsure of what to do with himself. He noticed Ironhide and Bluestreak rushing to escape the cell block. His optics glowing with fury, the gladiator drew his sword and stomped off after the pair.

"You!" he shouted at Ironhide. "We have unfinished business!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -calling back over his shoulder- "Ain't got tahme fer yer petty probl'ms rahght now, kid! 'Case ya hadn't noticed, we got us somethin' of a war breakin' out!"

Bludgeon: -fires another bolt as if to underscore Ironhide's point, narrowly missing both Warcry and Ironhide- "SHATTERSTORM!!!! STAND AND FIGHT!!!!!"
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: Okay Bombers. Sorry hun. I'll do Jazz until someone else wants to take him, and I'll let Brave Max know he can have Alpha Trion.

The computer in front of Prowl began spitting out coordinates and information. Date constructed, maker, the sales he had been sold from, contacts, job performance and finally- the move to the Vector project.

"Alpha Trion is en route to assist a Quintesson named Gianan at the Vector enhancement."
--------------------------------------------------

Jazz glanced over at the scowling military hardware model. "Chillllll Blitzwing. Be coollll. Things aren't that bad. Least you don't have patrol duty to worry about anymore. We should find those other units soon."

Shatterstorm yelled back, "Not in this cramped hall Bludgeon- you defunct processing model! In the bay ahead is where I'll fight you, away from those I have a duty to protect!"

Bluestreak shuddered and closed his optics as he followed within the small crowd of fleeing constructs. Before he knew it, the hall opened into a wide-airy delivery bay, full of shuttles and skiffs leaving and arriving. Cargo crates were strewn everywhere, with a lot of constructs moving them to different areas.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warcry picked up his pace, closing with Ironhide.

"Yes, there's a war going on. A war between those who obey the makers and those who would defy them. And in this war--"

Warcry jumped over the hole created by Bludgeon's shot, landing on his feet and continuing his pursuit. "In this war, you are the enemy!"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Prowl nodded, then headed towards the nearest transport tube, hoping that he wasn't late.
"At least it's better than what the Quint's plan to do to you if they ever catch you," Blitzwing snapped back.

"Hey, I didn't risk my carcass for nothing getting you out of that repair bay," Magnus glowered. "The least you can do is show some respect."

"I'd rather show you the business end of my electron blade," Blitzwing muttered.
Scout

Post by Scout »

A Quintesson with a death face calmly replied, "Send the sharticons into the delivery bay. Nothing will emerge in functional condition."

=======================
Shatterstorm ignored Bludgeon's rants. He needed to find something special... and in a hurry. His fluids were still leaking heavily from the severed lines in his hand and wrist. He dashed to a stockpile of crates and smashed several with a special symbol apart.

He tossed various weapons to some of the fleeing constructs. To the consumer goods models, he hurridly tossed simple lasers or blades- to the military hardware, he tossed more complex lazers and explosives. An elongated crate caught his attention and he grabbed for it as Bludgeon's tank form appeared.

And then... screams and yells heralded the sharticons' arrival.

"Hey.. hey guys... we have visitors! How about that?" A small red CG model construct poked a makeshift spyglass up and scanned the area.

"Guardians again?" Came a bored response.

"Nope, three constructs. One looks like he's in real need of a bad oil change judging from the sour look on his face."

"Well, can't leave them out there, can we?"

"Sure we can. Three less problems."
"Or three more problem solvers."

*sighs*

"Cliffjumper, go get them."
"Why me?"

"You're the one that found them."

"Fine- why not send Windcharger?"

"Because I found the hideout and Sprocket is recharging. Go on- go and invite them in."

"Okay, you win."

Jazz glanced around. "Magnus- company! There's a little red dude commin!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Spinister muttered a silent curse as the sharkticons arrived. Abandoning all subtlety, he grabbed a laser out of the hands of one of the units Shatterstorm had armed. With professional skill he began to lay down surpression fire in the direction of the oncoming sharkticons.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Corridor outside of Cargo Bay:

Ironhide: -sighs, turns to face Warcry, clenching fists- "Ya know, kid, Ah understand th' thought'a loyalty, but blind loyalty an' fanatics ain't something Ah c'n stand." -grins- "You think you c'n take me with that sword, yer more'n welcome ta try..... jus' don't be surprahsed when Ah make ya eat it."

Cargo Bay:

Bludgeon: -barrels into cargo bay, targeting computer locking onto approaching Sharkticons- "Your time to die is now, Shatterstorm! Your luck can't hold forever!" -fires bursts from his main gun, all on trajectories that will take them near Shatterstorm, but ultimately to their Sharkticon targets-
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Magnus turned around to see Windcharger.

"Halt!" he shouted, raising the welder that he had appropriated during his escape with Blitzwing, only now realizing that it was nearly out of power. He hoped that whoever it was that was coming didn't know that as well.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"You should have been condemned to the Sharkticon pit years ago, blasphemer." Warcry brought his blade up into a combat-ready position, then closed with Ironhide. "Our masters were too kind to you, but that is a mistake that I will correct for them!"

As he shouted out the last word, he was already in motion. Leaping through the air, he brought his blade up above his head. As he closed with Ironhide, he brought the weapon down in an arc meant to slice the other in half.

ooc: Feel free to wipe the floor with him, Hein. Verbally and physically both.
Heinrad

Beat pogies out of him..... Got it. :D

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -feels the sword impact against his hyper dense trythillium-steel armor to no effect, grabs Warcry- "What're you, anyway? Stupid?" -swings a powerful right hook at Warcry's head, followed by a devastating uppercut-