[Original RPG] Innovations: Ch1, The Beginning

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

sunstorm raised his right arm, snapping his ion cannon into a line with thunderwing's head...

"I abandoned him once. I'll not stand by and risk losing my friend again... although he likely could rip you apart, thunderwing, I'd prefer to see it with my own two optics... "

sunstorm kept his cannon trained on thunderwing, not about to flinch...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Staging Area, Arena 3:

Bludgeon: -still meditating......... face starts to twitch-
Images..... flickering, fleeting........ lights chasing shadows..... red, burning...... pulling back, image angle twisting..... fluid spraying in the air....... angle changing again..... burning light resolves into burning red optics....

"Nnn....." -hands start to flex spazmodically-
Gatorcons...... behind the optics?...... Flanking the optics...... sneering, stupid..... now a reflection in a blade, blade angle changing...... now held by a shadowed figure..... yellow optics glowing brightly in the darkness, dimly showing silvery/blue skin.... one blade reflecting another......

"Gnnn.... nnngrrrr......." -body starting to twitch-
Image in the second blade showing, faint, distorted....... sleight, grey figure..... red optics......

"SheeeeeAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -leaps from crosslegged position, sword leaping into his hand from it's forearm sheath and activating, slices through the entry door to the staging area, cleaving it into strips of thin metallic fragments, then flinging the sword as if at an opponent, blade burying itself to the hilt in the wall approximately where the silverly blue figure would have been standing as a crackling fireball forms between his hands and slams into the wall where the grey figure with red optics would be standing, collapses to his knees-
Sense of another presence washes over Bludgeon.... of strength and power...... whispering, "Look beyond, my pupil..... and make me proud......."

-comes back to himself, shaking, looks at the destroyed doorGatorcons and the first figure, lying in pieces, still twitching, the sword buried in the wallthe second figure, clutching weakly at the ruin of his chest, life's fuel spilling copiously out, and the charred, blackened and shattered section of wallthird figure lying in twitching, smoking ruin, shakes head, gets weakly to his feet and retrieves, deactivates, and sheathes his energo-katana, resumes his meditative position- "We will have to have a long talk, Shatterstorm...... a long talk indeed......." -sinks back into a steadying, meditative state, ready for the arena bout, needing it to calm him down-
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shatterstorm had left Bludgeon and moved steadily through the inner halls into the gladatorial chambering bowels of the great combat structure. Stopping briefly to assure himself that he wasn't being followed, he stopped and closed his optics, letting his systems run through the rapid events of the last half-cycle.

"Honor demands it..." That one will never rest now. What a fool Slagger was to pull that out... no. Not foolish. Programmed. Ordered. A Quintesson Master programmed him, and thus it was a directive. It is his programming, and it is my programming now to follow through with my duties to my Master and not question further.

Reopening his optics, the color flashed to a silver, and then solidified into a dark blue as Shatterstorm entered a darkened room. Waving an outstretched hand across a light beam, the darkness vanished, revealing gilded adornments and various close-combat weapons. Within moments, Shatterstorm settled a large hand onto the grip of a steely blue-bladed sword. He swung it in an arc a few times and then turned and headed back toward Arena 3.

Reaching the entryway, he paused briefly as he heard a slight commotion and then walked in with a silent, dignified and purposeful frame and looked toward where Bludgeon would be.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Staging Area, Arena 3:

Bludgeon: -sitting cross legged on the floor, back to the doorway that Shatterstorm enters, still appearing to be deep in meditation, quietly so the room's other occupant is the only one to hear- "We need to have a little chat, Shatterstorm. But is that sword truly neccessary?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Cells...
Having received orders, a small transformer worked her way down the halls heading for corridor 7, cells AF5. She paused briefly to check her repair kit and then continued in, grumbling quietly to herself.

"Expendable. Why is it always repair bots that are expendable? I hope they buy that other Aerobot soon. I'd much rather be working in the bay area."

She checked the cell registers as she entered and slowed in front of the cell containing Ironhide and Bluestreak.

"I've come to see to a report of trouble. What is it?"
------------------------------------------------
Arena 3
Shatterstorm quivered slightly and then frowned and spoke in a low. even tone.
"Few words are for you, gladiator. Your opponent is here Bludgeon. Do not disgrace the challenge you issued by remaining on the floor. Truth by combat. I am ready."

He brought the blade up and swung it to a frontal position.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

OOC: Sorry for the absence, blah blah blah...hope I haven't caused too much trouble...yadda yadda...will try to fix things....whatever...

Military Engineering Center 1

Kup managed to focus back in on Springer's conversation, after what must have been an eternity of waiting.

"What? Oh, sorry. I was just remembering some stuff. Whose 'Bludgeon?' You mean you haven't heard? He's this up and coming warrior that the Quintessons are trying out."
Nearby, Prowl approached a computer terminal.

"Computer, please give me the current location of Alpha Trion.
Astrotrain, recognizing that there was no one around to give him orders, returned to the consumer good area to await further instructions.
Ultra Mangus, still holding Blitzwing, was still attempting to make his way to a safe location.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Staging Area, Arena 3:

Bludgeon: -stands, back still to Shatterstormvoice calm, quiet- "You know as well as I do, Shatterstorm, that you won't be leaving this room alive." -starts focusing- "The only question is, how much information I can get out of you before you terminate." -spins, flinging a crackling, surging ball of energy at Shatterstorm, energo-katana drawn and ready before the energy ball reaches it's target-

(OOC: If it hits, the "fireball" isn't as full power. Effects would be similiar to getting hit with an overcharged tazer. Lots of spazming and twitching, but not lethal.)

The Cells:

Ironhide: -points over at Bluestreak- "Him. They done somethin' ta him, an Ah think he needs help."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shatterstorm twisted sideways, smoothly dodging the energy burst to the left and charged toward Bludgeon, teeth visibly clenched as an answer.

He readied the sword across his body and made an attempt at slashing diagonally downwards as he neared Bludgeon.

-------------------------

"Master. There is activity in Arena 3. Trainer and Watcher Shatterstorm is in combat with Gladiator Advance Bludgeon." A gold-coloured robot tapped at a monitor in the central office of the colleseum.

A pair of Quintessons turned slightly and then rotated their heads to a red face and a death mask. The Quintesson with the death face waved a tentacle. "Yes. It is authorized. Let them proceed."

"Yes Master Kurige."

The Quintessons moved away from the screens and began speaking in low voices.

"Are we certain this is not a ploy from the malfunctioning units?"

"Probability is 95.4 percent negative. There is a query into the competitive gladiator designers of plant 2,4 and 5 occuring. The offending unit will be found and both unit and creator will be held... accountable."

"Indeed. And the loss of a Watcher is necessary for the fulfillment of the Advance."

"Agreed. The old model has served its use. The new training model will be far superior. The purchase of the new Watcher has been secured. The loss of the old model is insignificant."

"Affirmed. The new Watcher is much superior. Bludgeon's abilities will also be enhanced when the upgrades for its armor arrive."

"Let us defer then to the shipment status in preparation."

Cells
"An assembly bot?"
The distaste was clearly visible in the repaor robot's features as she swung the door to the cell open and went over to look at Bluestreak.

"They called me here for an assembly robot??? A robot that's going to be used for practice and then recycled. This is an efficent use of my time and programming? Why couldn't I get sent to work in Production Plant 5 instead? Well, I'll give that watcher something to watch. Hmmph. The nerve conductors of him! A little adjustment here and there... and now this model's speed ought to be increased and we'll just get rid of that piece there... what's the point in having an expensive restraining circuit on a model that's going to be slagged anyway?"

The little femmebot laughed in a somewhat snarling manner as she worked.
"And now for something the Watcher really won't expect... a shock for sure... and the reversal."

She stood and sneered, her optics flashed red as she packed up the last of her supplies. She looked at Ironhide and laughed darkly.

"After that runs out of his systems, I wouldn't want to be in your place for any amount of energon chips."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Staging Area, Arena 3:

Bludgeon: -switches katana to opposite hand to block Shatterstorm's swing, snaps a series of sharp kicks at Shatterstorm's knee, midsection, and head-

The Cells:

Ironhide: -looming over the small medic- "Look, sister, Ah hed 'em send somebody down here 'cause they did somethin' ta make sure th' kid had a fair chance, not ta wahnd him up tahghter." -narrows optics- "Now tell me whut ya did ta him."
Scout

Post by Scout »

What was that blast?
Shatterstorm didn't have time to wonder- he connected blades during the block and swung both swords around in an attempt to open up Bludgeon's chest area. whille narrowly pivoting to avoid Bludgeon's kicks. One kick glanced past the side of his knee and he tried a return with a backfist.
---------------------------

"Heh. Oh- he'll have a fair chance at a fight. More than he would have had before. Get out of my way before I change my mind or decide you should take his place."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -whips shield off of his back, uses it to block the sword strike, brings katana up, edge on, to block the backfist-

Ironhide: "Ah bet yer real popular with yer patients."
Scout

Post by Scout »

The blade bit in, sharp and thin. Shatterstorm didn't have time to retract the forceful throw and the power let the blade slice through his knuckles down his hand and into the wrist area, cleanly severing the connections in an instant. Fluid splashed out from the severed delivery lines.

Shatterstorm grimiced but left the cleaved hand through the sword as he brought his sword handle up and attempted to strike Bludgeon in the optics.
------------------
------------------

"Patients. Fah. I don't have patients. I have structures. Structures to make better for the Masters' enjoyment. Only pieces of metal and wire are we. Nought more."

And the little femmebot headed for the cell door.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -takes the blow to the visor covering his optics, staggers backwards, ripping the katana free from Shatterstorm's mangled hand and wrist, but losing his grip on it in the process, katana clattering to the floor behind Shatterstorm and Bludgeon regains his balance, smiles, focuses, and flings another stunning fireball at Shatterstorm- "Tell me what I want to know, and your death will be relatively painless."

Ironhide: -following the medic to the cell door- "Then why do ya do what ya do? Ain't worth fixin' up a broke toy if ya c'n build one that don't break so easy."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shatterstorm's facial features screwed up in agony as the katana was wrenched from his hand. He brought the damaged limb sideways across his body and held it across his chest. He glanced at Bludgeon's face and shivered at the smile that crept up. Fixated on the smile, he did not see the energy burst coming until the last moments. He swung at the energy ball with his sword, and was knocked backward as the energy flowed around the blade and hit him.

He fell in spasms and twitches, thrashing around as his circuits overloaded briefly. Through the thrashing he fought his way to a knee, still shaking, resting his good hand on the ground.
The little medic went outside the cell and closed the door.
"I do what I do because I'm told to do it. I wasn't purchased to build new constructs. If you two had followed your instructions, you probably wouldn't be here either. Enjoy the last of your cycle. I'm sure I'll see pieces of you again shortly."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -holds out hand, smile straining slightly as the katana rattles on the floor, then flies to his outstretched hand, walks over to Shatterstorm, brings katana up, ready to strike- "Tell me what I want to know."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shatterstorm closed his optics and sighed, joints still quivering.

Slowly, he eased himself into a half-kneeling, half-sitting position and looked into Bludgeon's optics.

"You must do what you must do, Bludgeon. My twenty-second master has sent me to my termination and I have followed his orders to the last. Yet know this... you and I are from the same mind. We both came from the same creator, though I with a consumer-good line body and you with military, we have both been programmed to protect and fight... we are of the same mind.

I tried to prevent Arthaxis' extermination, but was unable. I failed and it was not within the realm of my orders anyway. I would also have been terminated for following that course of action. What to do or say now, I cannot decide. My programming and my will tear me in two different directions just as surely as your blade split my hand. Such things should not exist in a construct, yet they must, for I have been loyal... and for that I must pay a price that I would rather have done for a worthy Master. Have you been programmed with any answers- Gladiator Advance Bludgeon? Will it satisfy your thirst for revenge and your belief of honor to terminate me? Or will your loyalty lead you down the same path as mine?"

Shatterstorm fixed his gaze on Bludgeon and waited.
-----------------------------
Cells
Bluestreak starts to murmur slightly and his optics open.
Outskirts
Hound closed in on his tracing signals, finally spotting movement in the distance. Ah ha! There... Ultra Magnus, Blitzwing, Jazz. The malfunctioning units. What could they possibly be doing?

Hound switched to a telescopic view to watch.
Brave Maximus

OOC: Since no one's complained I guess I'll take control of Alpha Trion

Post by Brave Maximus »

Screaming Star continued to talk with Jetfire about using a faster than light particle to provide power to other Units. But something inside of him kept drifting back to the battle. Finally he stopped for a moment, quickly giving computations to Jetfire (who then stopped completely, checking them for himself, then adding them to his theorums. He was one of the brightest units Screamer had ever met, but so through that it took him forever to come to a conclusion - but that conclusion was ALWAYS right).

Screamer looked up, the behemoth was no where to be seen, but his "commander" was out gunned and out matched. Screaming Stars optics flashed completely red and a smile etched onto his face. He turned to his comrad:

"Stay here, keep your optics open for any trouble. I'm going to go secure us a favor owed".

Screamer transformed into vehicle mode and flew up to the battle above. He strafed the other two units (Jhiaxus and Sunstorm) firing a few warning shots, making sure they were close, but did not hit. He then transformed and hovered close to Thunderwing, turning his voicoder to the lowest level, ensuring that only Thunderwing would be able to hear him:

"You seem to be in a little bit of a mess Commander. I doubt that the masters would apreciate the prediciment that you've allowed to happen, especially if you are injured and these two escape to freedom. I pledge my service to you to keep things running smoothly, as long as you remember that I helped to keep you as "Commander" Thunderwing. Otherwise, there are two other bots over there and 3 to 1 odds would insure that you wouldn't last long enough to make a report ever again."

2000 meters below the planetary surface

The old robot worked feverishly. His race had been enslaved. Most of them only had partially awakend sparks, while there remained legions who were little more than drones. He had been created as the First of Thirteen. Charged with the protection of Primus' dormant form and to prepare for the comming Chaos. He had been dormant after a long protracted battle with a traitor and he feared that he was the only surviving member of the Thirteen. For none had stopped the invasion and enslavement of his decendants. Worse, there seemed to be a division forming between them. One that, if left unchecked, could rend them into to factions and that would allow the Chaos to consume all reality. He continued working on a computer, one that would link directly with Primus and the Matrix Dimension. One that could guide the Transformers with out waking their slumbering Creator. The Sigma computer was almost complete, but an interface would also have to be created and it would need to be powered. And he knew of only one source for that power.

As his work continued, the Ancient being sensed that one of the invading computers was trying to track his location. He quickly reached out and blocked the scan, making his workshop seem like nothing more than heavy planetary transformation machinery. The kind Primus had laid all over his new home, though their purpose elluded even him. As he blocked the scan, it was revieled who had initiated it. The scan was not a standard Quintesson security measure, but one initiated by one of the new Generation of Transformers. Perhaps there was hope yet. Placing a tracer algorithem on the unknown Transformer, the ancient one moved into a tunnel, long unused.

For the first time since the battle against the Fallen Warrior, Alpha Trion was heading for the surface of Cybertron!
Bombshell

OOC: I guess I gotta take care of Jazz, since Myles isn't here...

Post by Bombshell »

Outskirts

"About time you showed up," Jazz told Ultra Magnus, who was twoing a rather uncooperative Blitzwing behind him. "I was beginning to wonder if you had been captured or something."

"Oh, he is," Blitzwing countered. "He's just managed to convince himself that he's not going to be able to."

"Oh, that's it," Magnus growled, apparently having enough of Blitzwing's prattle, and socked Blitzwing right in the head. He sailed backwards and landed several feet away.

"This the new model the Quints are trying out?" Jazz asked.

"Yeah," Magnus nodded. "Triple Changer. Two alternate modes. Supposed to be a great warrior type. Think the Quints were planning to make a few more of them."
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: Bombers, we *might* be getting a Jazz player, but thanks for taking him for the moment. :)

Hound blinked and looked again. Great Magistrate! Those two robots are huge... and they're even fighting with each other. Not good. The old mine shafts under this area are too unstable to call the Guardians in right now, so I'll just have to wait... though I am running out of my alloted cycle now. Hopefully knowing their whereabouts will be enough to avoid punishment... or retraining. He tapped his wrist and a small receiving dish appeared so he could listen in.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Staging Area, Arena 3:

Bludgeon: "There is a problem with your theory, Shatterstorm...... but first, I wish to ensure that we are alone." -looks up, flings fireballs at the cameras and microphones, the surging electricity being hopefully enough to fry their circuits, looks back at Shatterstorm- "With the death of Arthaxis, I no longer have a master. I am free now. But honor and my loyalty demands that I destroy those who were behind his termination. You were not one of them, but you know who the murderer is, at the very least." -drops to one knee next to Shatterstorm- "All you have to do is tell me who it was. Was it against your programming to do that?"

The Cells:

Ironhide: -hears Bluestreak stirring- "Good, yer awake. Now, let's see if we c'n get outta here." -pulls the cutting tool from his chest compartment(the one Bluestreak dropped earlier), starts trying to cut into the door control circuits in the wall-