[Original RPG] Innovations: Ch1, The Beginning

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Onslaught looked at his four platoon members...he had feared and anticipated this moment for a long time...he then looked to his leader...who nodded in approval.

Onslaught: Combaticons...transform...phase 1!

In an instant, all five were in vehicle mode...eagerly awaiting the next order...

Onslaught: Combaticons...transform...PHASE 2!

With that Brawl and Swindle transformed into what appeared to be legs...then Onslaught into a chest...Vortex and Blast off forming arms...as the units merged a chest shield moved into position and a head rose. Bruticus was awake once more...

Jhiaxus looked to the sky.

Jhiaxus: Very well then...the three of us...do send a squad back to hell...and in the process each get back something lost to us!

Jhiaxus took to the air in his jet mode, unleashing his feared plasma bursts, flying straight at the head of the lead Guardian, blasting his way right through...the Guardian fell lifelessly to the ground.

Jhiaxus: Go back to your masters...there is only death for you here!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Thunderwing slammed his fist down on the table at which he sat.

Onslaught's insubordination is intolerable....he will be dealt with, severely.

Thunderwing stood and exited his offices, he walked through the factory over-seeing all the work, the robots there scurried out of his way. He burst through the doors out to Cybertron's surfaced, transformed and blasted into the atmosphere.

UNACCEPTABLE!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

rising skyward in his robot mode, sunstorm's boosters fully ignited, and he streaked onward at an oncomming guardian... transforming, his speed doubled, and using his ion cannons, fueled by his reactor... melted the head of one guardian into a pool of molten slag. the second guardian was not as fortunate. he was already weak from sunstorm's radiation field... and it took but a shot into a joint section to blow its cannon arm off... radiation poured into the giant, and it collapsed, sent offline from overexposure to sunstorm's lethal energies
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Control Room, Production Center 1:

Black Convoy: -wondering where all the personell are, moves into the room, Tracks and Wild Ride following-

Tracks: "Nobody home."

Black Convoy: "No kidding. Star checking the consoles, find the one that controls the security recordings." -looks over at Hot Rod- "How many Guardians are out there?"

Staging Area, Arena 3:

Bludgeon: -still meditating, bringing anything he feels about recent events under the strictest control, detatching himself from that which will make him weak, vulnerable-
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Hotrod replied quickly... "Jhiaxus said it was a full squadron. If he's right.. that's around a dozen guardian sentinels. between sunstorm, him, and his squad... we should be able to manage. "
StoneCold Skywarp

Thunderwing's space shuttle form streaked across the Cybertron sky, he mind was a confused mess of orders, guidelines and something...else.

Explosions? That one...I know him, military unit Jhiaxus, quintesson strategist, but why does he attack those deigned to protect? And...no -- NO! The fools, how could they contemplate combining together when they know that the technology is unstable...

Thunderwing flew within audio distance and yelled at the warriors...

"This is a direct contradiction of the orders of Quintesson high command, you are here by commanded to cease and desist any further acts of aggression, or suffer the consequences."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Jetfire was lost in calculations. He was attempting to figure out if a viable way to transmit energy via microwave (or a more efficient transmission - possibly Takkions?) was indeed possible. Everything he was coming up with seemed to indicate that it was. Screamer would also be able to help him out with this. He had a good head for physics - but currently he seemed to be interested in the battle going on.

Battles didn't agree with Jetfire, they wasted resourses and personell. And he knew that most of what he was going to come up with would be used by his masters to further their conquest. Not that it really mattered, he was supposed to do what he was told, and he would. But why did the thought of his work becoming perverted bother him so much?

Interesting. That idoit who pretends to be in command really has no power at all. Just what his masters have granted him. That must be why he runs everything with an iron fist. He's afraid that he'll loose control. I doubt the Quintessons would like that. I wonder how he handles high stress situations? This might be a good time to frazzel him a little more......

Screaming Star moved a little to the left, well covered and also in line with Thunderwing as he flew away from him. He raised one of his arms and aimed with his mounted Null ray. He made sure the power was sufficient and fired at the Combined Behemoth (Bruticus), just skimming underneath Thunderwing, making it appear as if the shot came from the "Commander". The shot was weak enough that it wouldn't do any damage to the combiner, but strong enough that they felt it and it stung. He then ducked behind one of the outcropings of the industral sectors and waited a moment.

He looked for his compatriot and called him over. Jetfire was having interesting ideas in using Faster than light particles to carry energy to individual robots. Truely facinating ideas. He then walked out of the out croping, seeming to not even pay attention to the battle and walked towards the labs with Jetfire. His back turned head hid a small smirk though.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Control Room, Production Center 1:

Wild Ride: -looking blankly at the displays before him-

Tracks: -checking consoles and panels, looking for the security camera controls- "I wish Camshaft was here."

Black Convoy: -doing the same as Tracks- "Why? He your security blanket?"

Tracks: "No. He does have an ECM suite built into his weapons array, though."

Black Convoy: -deciding to ignore Tracks for the moment-

Grounds near the spaceport, not far from Production Center 1:

Camshaft: "..... and coming up on our left, you can see, in the distance, the production center where I was constructed and came online." -wondering if his new commander will want to see every sight on the planet-
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

"This is a direct contradiction of the orders of Quintesson high command, you are here by commanded to cease and desist any further acts of aggression, or suffer the consequences."

Jhiaxus turned and saw Thunderwing...

Jhiaxus: You dare speak to me in such a manner...Bruticus...jam all outgoing transmissions from the area!

Bruticus: Transmisions...blocked at source...

Just then a shot hit Bruticus...he glared...not certain where it came from...seeing only a Guardian. Full of rage, Bruticus punched into the chest, caving it in.

Bruticus: Bruticus...angered...foolish move Guardian...Bruticus is not one to anger!

Boring deep into the Guardian's chest, Bruticus tore the monster robot in half...and tossed the pieces to the ground.

Jhiaxus: Thunderwing...you have one chance to live...
StoneCold Skywarp

"You dare to threaten me you insubordinate heap of SLAG!?!"

Thunderwing transformed to his robot mode and withdrew his laser blaster, ready for action.

"I'm sure your masters would not take your actions against the guardians too lightly..."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"And I'm sure they wouldn't apprecieate YOU abandoning your post, thunderwing!"

sunstorm had polished off another guardian. five to go, and thunderwing here as well... no, make that four. Bruticus' target had just been erradicated, leaving the remaining guardians in something of a state of disarray...

"Bruticus, strike now! We finish this. NOW." opening up on one guardian's head section, the faceplate was totally slagged, and then the cerebral circuitry went.

three left.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Jhiaxus remained floating in the air, glaring at Thunderwing.

Jhiaxus: Know your place plebian...you do not speak to your superiors in such a manner. I'm offering you the chance to break free from your yoke...to stand beside me in glory rather than fall to my feet in defeat.

Meanwhile Bruticus grabbed two of the remaining Guardians by their throats and fired his boosters towards the ground....in an instant he reversed the polarity sending him safely back into a floating position and the guardians crashing into the ground...down...but not out.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

In jet mode, sunstorm rushed out over the two downed guardians. the last of the group. pulling into a steep climb, he u-turns, and in a suicide dive, lets loose, full fury, slagging the shaken up guardians, polishing off the remains of the assault force. transforming as he comes down, his boosters ignite, slowing his descent... from his place amongst the rubble, he stares up at thunderwing...

"Aristocratic slime. He claims right to rule over any he deems "unworthy", but he's never raised a finger in his life to gain his power. it's been given to him... a gift by the imperial magistrate to lull him into his entourage..." Sunstorm scoffed, and his visage turned to a grim frown. "If jhiaxus can't talk some sense into him, he'll need to be dealt with."
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Bruticus now turned his attentions to the shot that had hit him. He was still on aware of Screaming Star's presence...but believed that Thunderwing had fired the shot.

Bruticus: General...let me crush this worm and we shall be done with this.

Jhiaxus: No...I sense that another is present. Bruticus, disengage...

In an instant the 5 combaticons broke their link and landed on the ground, all looking for the "other" Jhiaxus spoke off.

Jhiaxus: You have a choice Thunderwing...you don't know who you are dealing with here. I am your superior in every way...and deep down in your meta-processors...you know this to be true. I am battle hardened...my resolve in warfare is unmatchable...my cunning, second to none...I know your strengths and I know your weaknesses...because I must know them. You cannot defeat me...but I don't wish to harm you...in fact I wish to offer you the greatest gift you could ever receive...the gift of your very soul...the gift...of knowledge...
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

sunstorm's optics narrowed... this slime... working alongside himself... as well as black convoy? Thunderwing would likely turn the lot of them in at the first opportunity. But Sunstorm instead chose to abide Jhiaxus' judgement... and remedy the situation later, if need be. Seeing bruticus disengage, sunstorm radioed onslaught...

"Onslaught... need any help finding that jet that plunked your armor?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Arena Cells:

Ironhide: -looks over at the unconscious Bluestreak, looks back out at the corridor, not seeing the promised medical help coming- "Ah get th' feelin' it'll be a cold day in th' pit b'fore they send anybody......."

Staging area, Arena 3:

Bludgeon: -still meditating, can tell that his opponent has yet to arrive......-
StoneCold Skywarp

**G91 catch me on AIM, got a plan for this**

Thunderwing hovered in the air, the small white robot was painfully outsized and obviously outmatched by the military units that opposed him. However he too was a military unit, he held his ground and repeated himself.

"You are in direct contradiction of laws beset by your quintesson lords...you and any deserters will suffer the ultimate consequence by their hand!"
Galvatron91

Just PM me warp...may be a couple days!

Post by Galvatron91 »

Jhiaxus grew weary of the standoff, obviously Thunderwing was still heavily under Quint influence.

Jhiaxus: You're lack of vision will be your undoing Thunderwing...we were not created to be slaves. We are warriors, forged from...

Something stopped Jhiaxus' thought and the familiar pain clenched his chest, but he would not show it.

Jhiaxus: Sunstorm, take the Combaticons back with you...I will handle Thunderwing...one way or the other...
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Sunstorm's optics narrowed... he could tell something wasn't right with jhiaxus...

"Onslaught... go... I'm not leaving him until this mess is finished. I'm not giving this slime the chance to pull ANYTHING."

sunstorm stood fast, crossing his arms, he rose up to jhiaxus' level, albeit several dozen yards away... staring coldly at thunderwing, he silently waited...
StoneCold Skywarp

Thunderwing watched as Jhiaxus' comments caused him an invisible pain. His attention turned to the ever-present Sunstorm.

"This one has caused enough trouble for the Quintessons already, he is a rogue unit and not to be trusted. Though I find it highly amusing that he ignores a command from a superior 'officer'..."