[Original RPG] Innovations: Ch1, The Beginning

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -picks up a weapon- "Rahght now, kid, th' way Ah see it, th' lil' green guy is on our sahde. We better do what we can ta keep him from gettin' overrun." -looks over at Bluestreak- "Unless ya wanna fahght Black Convoy later today, that is."

Bludgeon: -saying nothing, concentrating fully on what he's about to do, slashes at Shatterstorm's undamaged arm-
Scout

Post by Scout »

"This ain't no time ta be fightin' or layin' around young feller."

With Sharkticons closing in on the unconcious Warcry, a silvery-grey mech that was working on unloading a skiff hopped off and hoisted Warcry up to the hovering platform.

The old construct tossed a handful of energon chips in the path of the sharkticons and swung back up.

Quickly, he backed the skiff out of the bay, amid exploding crates and started speeding it away from the delivery bay.

---------------------------------

Bluestreak shifted nervously and held up a rifle. "You first, I'll follow your lead Ironhide."

"I have a better suggestion, constructs." A whispery voice hissed to Bluestreak and Ironhide from behind the crates. "Come with me now and I will see that you escape your terminations." A Quintesson- yellowish in body tint hovered nearby, various papers and objects held in its tentacles.

In the control room, the Quintesson staff discussed the occurring events.

"Activate the colleseum guardian to ensure no constructs escape."

"Affirmed. It has been activated. The sharkticons have been 67% successful. We expect arrival of the guardian in 3.87 bits of the semi-cycle. No constructs have escaped. Three delivery skiffs have departed as expected and are within their specified routes. Visuals have been lost in the delivery bay."

"It is no matter. No constructs will escape. Seal the delivery doors and release the acidic gas."

"Doors sealing now."

*In the bay area, tremors occur and heavy metal doors start sliding slowly closed.

Shatterstorm blocked the swing with his own sword, which sustained a cut 2/5 of the way through the blade. With a snarl, he sidestepped and kicked out at Bludgeon's knee.

"You will die Bludgeon, and it will be by your own lack of discipline and denial of respect!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -moves his leg to avoid the knee kick, quietly- "You want me to respect you, someone who doesn't want to avenge your creator's death, who won't even assist in seeking vengence?" -death's head grin on his face- "I'd sooner feed your remnants to Sharkticons." -reaches across to grab the hilt of his energo-katana from his forearm sheath, whips it out in an attempt to slash Shatterstorm's abdominal armor as he tries to use leverage to fling the sword from Shatterstorm's hand-

Ironhide: -nods, albeit reluctantly- "Awlrahght. Show us th' way out."
Scout

Post by Scout »

"You foolish mechanism." Shatterstorm snapped at Bludgeon with a wince as the sword sliced into his abdominal area. "I was fully prepared to assist you. I was taking you to them. But I would sooner be terminated than be branded a coward by the likes of you."

The old trainer hefted his sword up and away, aiming it for Bludgeon's shoulder on the downstroke.

====================
"This way constructs! You must make haste!"
The Quintesson glided towards a closing door in the side wall of the bay and went through.

The outer air is cool and many skiffs are running back and forth along a main rail. One slowed and pulled over.
"Get in, hurry!" A voice called from the upper deck as the cargo door opened.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -hisses as he blocks the blow- "Then you are the perfect tool for them, aren't you? One who is unable to know that when dealing with a dishonorable foe, all bets are off." -slashes at Shatterstorm's damaged arm with his energo-katana-

Ironhide: -dives onto the skiff- "Bluestreak, come on!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warcry lay on the skiff, aware that it was moving, but unable to talk or move his limbs. His autorepair systems worked feverishly to patch him back up.
Giving up on slaughtering the Sharkticons, Spinister slipped out of one of the rapidly-closing doors, reactivated his stealth systems, and began to track several other constructs that were attempting to escape. Though it went against his better judgement, he was prepared to give aid to any refugees that couldn't escape on their own.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Help me! Help me and I'll make it worth your while!" A small construct yelled as he raced through the delivery bay towards the exit where Spinister had gone out, optics wide and a desperate expression on his features.

A quieter figure also dragged himself towards the same exit, but one of his legs had been chewed off and he had chunks of his left arm and midsection missing. He didn't say a word, but rather stretched out a hand as the door narrowed dangerously close to his body width.
-----------------------------------

"We are not capable of betting! We are tools, nothing more- they tell us so! We take orders Bludgeon or we get destroyed."

As the doors at the far end of the bay clanged shut, Shatterstorm glanced to the nearly-closed side door with an immediate turnaround of fear.

"No, not aga....ahhh!" He fell backward as Bludgeon's blade sliced cleanly through his arm. He rolled sideways to a stack of crates, dropping his own blade to clutch as the severed stump that was spurting liquid. Suddenly, a sharkticon came around the corner and bit into his leg.
"I'm coming Ironhide!" Bluestreak lunged for the skiff and grabbed on. "But the others! There are others in there!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -scowls- "So limited in your thinking, Shatterstorm. Are you sure Arthaxis was your creator?" -swings katana at the Sharkticon, intending to remove it's head from it's body- "Now tell me what I want to know!"

Ironhide: -jumps off skiff, drill poping up and deploying from his right forearm- "That's why yer goin' with th' Quint! Ah'm makin' a door!" -runs over to the lowered shutter, starts to attack it with the drill-

Production Center 1:

Tracks: -types in a few more commands- "There. Got it." -turns in chair, stands- "Now, may I suggest we abandon this energon stand?"

Black Convoy: -thinking dark thoughts about Tracks- "Right. Let's go."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shatterstorm gasped and spoke rapidly as the Sharkticon split cleanly in two. "It's not the way I think- it's the way I was trained. You need to get-"

*clang*

"...out."

Shatterstorm watched in horror as the side door finished shutting, ignoring the screams of constructs being ripped into shreds by sharkticons all around. Resounding clangs began echoing toward the last doors at the front of the bay.
"Bludgeon- you need to get out."
Shatterstorm hesitated one moment and then carefully began again. "Leave me your dagger and flee. Center 4, level 3, rooms 4 and 5. Those are what you seek."

---------------------
---------------------
"Come quickly construct!" The Quintesson hissed at Ironhide as the skiff began rising. "We must not delay! The guardian is approaching!"

Bluestreak looked around and saw a giant robot walking towards the outer fields lining the colleseum.

He called down. "Hurry Ironhide! You can't stay!"

Inside, a female mech managed a dive roll through the door just before it closed shut.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -hands energo-katana to Shatterstorm- "Before I go, where is my new armor? After all, you are the only one who can activate it for me."

Ironhide: "But what about ever'body who's trapped inside? We ain't gonna leave 'em!" -continues attacking the door with the drill-
Scout

Post by Scout »

The last of the doors closed.
Shatterstorm held up the katana with the undamaged hand as a hissing noise and yellow and orange wisps began filtering though the air vents.

"This- will do." The metal crate over there, Bludgeon- with the seal. This will cut it open. The armor- is nearly impenetrable. Cut it quickly and bring the armor here." He offered the blade back to Bludgeon.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -takes energo-katana, moves over to the crate, cuts the lock off, pulls out the armor, dags it back over to Shatterstorm- "Now what?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Spinister looked upon the two constructs with unvieled disgust, but he moved to help them. He headed for the crippled one first, managing to pull him through the door bare nanoseconds before it clanged shut.

He then turned to the small, loud construct. "And what, may I ask, do you want?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Now, I activate it." Shatterstorm said quietly. And if I do, I might be condemning the whole of my species. And if I don't, I will be condemning them.

He rolled onto his back and pulled out some of his circuitry from his chest. The metal sheeting on the walls around the grating started boiling and hissing as the fumes crept down and the screams of both sharkticons and constructs within the bay began to intensify.
"Bludgeon, remember what Arthaxis taught you. Remember your honor. It's not programmed, we have developed. Arthaxis' last order was for you to get the armor. Serve well in battle Bludgeon. Get inside- it will protect you from the acid." Shatterstorm slipped the circuits into the side of the armor and it began rising up.

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

The Guardian approached the fields surrounding the colleseum, walking on fleeing constructs and firing at skiffs that were off their courses or running behind their schedules.

As it drew nearer, the Quintesson with Bluestreak squealed in a higher-pitched voice. "We must go, leave the foolish mechanism to its termination!" He started the skiff moving away from the closed doors.

Bluestreak ran along the top of the skiff as it began speeding away, calling to his fellow consumer goods model before he was stopped from falling off the back by a second Quintesson.
"Ironhide!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -sensors picking up the acid being released into the loading area behind the shutters, stops drilling, retracts drill, slams fist against shutter in frustration, runs after the skiff-

Bludgeon: -staring at his new outer armor, smiling as he stares into the empty eye sockets in the skull/death's face beneath the ornate antenna design on the helmet, the dark orange shoulder pauldrons, maroon corded gauntlets covering the shell's hands, the heavy orange armor plating, nods, deactivates his energo-katana and returns it to his forarm sheath, internal systemry already synching with the shell's inner circuits, drives new katana point first into floor, gives mental command to merge with the armor, stepping into the shell after it opens, his shield and electropulse cannon connecting and locking into place on the shell's left arm, shell closing around him, connecting to him, making him....... whole- "Yes...... Arthaxis' finest creation is now whole......" -pulls katana out of the floor, his grin that of death come calling for your very soul- "And woe be to those who stand in my way."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Trembling in fear from the sight of the Pretender, Shatterstorm stretched his remaining hand up and his optics widened in pain as the acidic gas began to cause his skin and the floor to boil.

"Remember Bludgeon! Help me finish... my orders. Spare the rest... in here the pain... of this gas. Quickly..."

Constructs in the nearby vicinity began screaming louder as their attention turned from the acidic gas to the sight of the monster.

=====================

"There now. This should be all that is required." After getting some distance from the colleseum, the old silvery-blue-grey construct whipped up a few repair tools and gave Warcry a bit of liquid energon from a crystalline flask before he began repairing the unconscious robot.
======================
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -brings katana up, swings it down, aiming for Shatterstorm's neck-
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Ironhide!" Bluestreak yelled again and leaned as far as he could toward his friend - but his optics weren't fixed on Ironhide- he was looking at the giant guardian that was squashing skiffs and constructs on foot- just around the other side of the colleseum.

The Quintesson holding Bluestreak squealed as his tentacles stretched tenuously and strained, and the Quintesson driving the skiff slowed down slightly.

Bluestreak caught Ironhide's grip and pulled backward and up.

=================

Severed cleanly, Shatterstorm's body fell backward and the optics darkened as the metallic skin began forming holes and began dripping from the body frame.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -drags himself up onto the skiff- "Thanks, kid."

Bludgeon: -flicking Shatterstorm's fuel from his blade, turns and strides towards the nearest shuttered door, raises blade, starts attempting to cut a door in it-