[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Ch3. Decepticon Battle Scars

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
TFArchive RPG Team

Broken Peace: Ch3. Decepticon Battle Scars

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Continuing the aftermath of the Decepticon attack and retreat now back at Metrotitan.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Metrotitan Repair Bay:

Leozak: -stands- "No more discussion! I am in command of this group, and I will say what we do next!"

Gaihawk, Hellbat, Jalgar, Drillhorn, and Killbison: -all look at Leozak-

Hellbat: -sarcastically- "So commander, why don't you give us an order?"

Drillhorn: "Shut up, Hellbat. The captain has a plan."

Gaihawk: "Hopefully, it involves killing Autobots."

Leozak: "I need to find out what's going on before we can even think about taking a course of action. The Decepticons obviously didn't come to break us out, and the orders Galvatron gave over the comms were.... odd." -looks over at Drillhorn- "How long before Killbison's done?"

Drillhorn: -checking on the metrodrone, watching as it finishes threading the treads in and starts to replace the armor plating- "They're about done."

Leozak: "Good. We're reenergized, repaired, and ready to go."

Killbison: -repairs finished, stands, clenching fists, nods in satisfaction-

Leozak: "Then let's go."

Leozak, Gaihawk, Hellbat, Jalgar, Drillhorn, and Killbison: -leave repairbay, go looking for anybody at all-
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Astrotrain walked out of Metrotitan, and simply put his head in his hands on what he saw.

Trypticon and Scorponok lay, a shattered tableau.

Astrotrain looked up, and his optics were dim.

"You idiots," he said quietly. "You stupid brutes!"

Trypticon and Scorponok writhed under the tongue lashing.

"The one time you are called upon to fight, and you do so pathetically. Unbeliavable!"

The Constructicons quickly scrambled away, not wanting to be near Astrotrain or his displeasure, leaving the repairs unfinished.

Astrotrain wanted to scream, flail, something. The other troops had performed just as badly, no confirmed Autobot kills- nothing worthwhile had been accomplished from the attack-

"Acknowledged, Shockwave," Astrotrain croaked. "Acknowledged." Astrotrain turned on his heel and left Trypticon and Scorponok to their tortured misery as they bled and shook in the African sun.

Thunderwing landed smoothly some time later.

"Now get out of me, all of you," he barked, opening his cockpit. The Pretender shell roughly grabbed Smokescreen and hauled him up, waiting for Shockwave to leave first.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bored, Ramjet stuck his head out the office door, looking for some sign of Astrotrain's return. Instead, all he saw was an empty corridor.
He ducked back into the office. Turning towards the centre of the room, he frowned at Lokos.
Time to have some fun with the fleshling.
"What are you still doing here, Nebulan?"
Distracted by an internal argument with Squeezeplay, the Nebulan simply shrugged.
"You have anything else you need from A-Train?" Ramjet asked with annoyance.
Lokos blinked, turning his full attention to the conehead. "Not really, no."
"Then why are ya here?"
Lokos shrugged again. "Don't have anywhere else to be."
Ramjet fixed a glare on the Nebulan. "Find somewhere."
Lokos opened his mouth to reply, but the seeker cut him off.
"Now!"
Lokos wisely scampered out the office door, leaving Ramjet alone, chuckling to himself.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Shockwave exited, turned round and trained his left arm on Smokescreen.

"Any move by yourself to escape will be met with temporary stasis lock. As it is, your co-operation is in your own best interest."

Shockwave opened a channel to Astrotrain:
"Astrotrain, we have arrived and are proceeding to take the captured Autobot to the brig. Are you ready to receive the report once Smokescreen is detained?"

Overlord looked at the wreckage. No deaths, no captures, just incompetant fighting. Enraged with himself and the other Decepticons, he transformed into his base mode to repair.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Leozak, Gaihawk, Hellbat, Jalgar, Drillhorn, and Killbison: -striding down the corridors towards Astrotrain's office-
Scout

Post by Scout »

Smokescreen squirmed uncomfortably as Thunderwing's pretender shell roughly hefted him up and to the doorway. He blinked once and then stopped as he saw Shockwave turn.

After Shockwave spoke, Smokescreen gave him a nod and then became still. He began looking around and noting base features silently as Shockwave spoke to Astrotrain.

They're going to lock me up, but why would they go through so much trouble to take me functional? Shockwave's not the type to think much of Autobots save that of moving targets... these orders must have come from higher up. Megatron? Galvatron?

---------
Hound moved up a corridor towards Galvatron's chambers, following the source of the energy discharge. He passed an ajoining corridor leading to Astrotrain's office and then began picking up several unknown energy registers coming towards the junction. With an easy jump, he caught an overhead beam with one hand and swung his legs up over a second beam. Hound cast a hologram over himself and Buzzsaw to match the rafters.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Leozak, Drillhorn, Gaihawk, Hellbat, and Killbison: -stride past Astrotrain's office, past the concealed Hound, hit the T intersection, and head in the direction Hound just came from-

Jalgar: -stops, looking up at the hologramed section of ceiling, the cat like ears on his head almost twitching as if he's picked something up-

Hellbat: -leans back around corner- "Jalgar! What's the holdup? Leozak wants us to stay together!"

Jalgar: -scowls, gets a resigned, very put upon look on his face- "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." -heads down the corridor to join the others-

Hellbat: "What were you looking at?"

Jalgar: "Thought I scented something back there." -thinks a moment- "It's probably just the new surroundings. This place is too much like that Autobot base we were in."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lokos jogged down the hall, not paying attention to where he was going. He stopped right at the T-intersection, almost getting run over by the passing Breastforce. After they passed, he turned into the hall and began to wander aimlessly towards Metrotitan's core, away from the office wing.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound watched Jalgar carefully. This brother Decepticon did not rely on sight. The scout grinned in amusement that his optical illusions didn't work on him.
Have to remember that. He'd have a real advantage at hide and go seek.

Then his attention diverted towards a new figure.

Moments later, Lokos passed underneath and headed down the hall.
Curiousity aroused, he puzzled over the nebulon.
Don't remember him...

With the Breastforce gone, Hound let the hologram vanish, eased back down and followed Lokos at a distance.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkwing, Dreadwind, Runabout and Runamuck sat in the repair bay, undergoing massive repairs. As the ones who had spent most of the attack under heavy fire, they had a lot of damage to repair.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lokos continued to walk down the hall, oblivious to Hound's presence. He walked aimlessly for a while, not quite sure where he was going. Then, one of the name plates on a passing door caught his eye.

SPARKSTALKER
CRYPTOGRAPHY

Remembering that the Firecon had asked him to come by later, he pressed the call button. Nothing. After about a minute, he pressed it again. Nothing.
Strange, the Nebulan thought.
'Yes,' Squeezeplay's voice answered him. 'The Firecon is always in there, either working or just messing with other's files for fun.' The Transformer's thoughts were laced with contempt. 'The slagheap is probably too busy reading Galvatron's private diary to bother answering the door.'
Maybe. Lokos chuckled. You want to find out?
Squeezeplay's laughter was answer enough.
Taking a small device off his belt, Lokos began to pick the lock.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Jalgar: -looking out the observation windows at the battered and mangled forms of Trypticon and Scorpinok- "See what happens when you use antiques to fight your war?"

Killbison: "Yup. Slow and inefficient."

Gaihawk: "But they've got plenty of Autobot-destroying firepower. That's what counts."

Hellbat: "I hate to be a spoilsport, but I don't think the Autobots suffered much in the way of casualities, and those two look like they got run through a wood chipper."
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Soundwave was still sitting upon his throne-like seat staring at Ratbat. The lights had grown dim and he had not uttered a word for a long time. His thoughts were racing over a plan being devised within the cold logical mass which was his brain.

"Ratbat!" He commanded "Astrotrain is not a strong leader. His descisions are reckless and weakly founded. Under his leadership, the Decpticon force has grown stagnant. We shall remove him and as my puppet, you shall asume command of the Decpticons."

"Buzzsaw! Laserbeak!" He commanded "Report!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ratbat flew from Soundwave's arm, then hung himself upside-down from the room's ceiling. He stared down at his master.
"I agree. Astrotrain's command has been remarkably inefficient. He must be replaced." The cassetticon smiled, showing his vicious mecha-fangs. "You have some plan?"
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

After flying for some time, Sixshot finally arrived at the base, angry about the events in the battle beforehand. Quickly, he transformed and walked over to the Repair Bay and began to look for medical attention.
TraXX
Protoform

Post by TraXX »

No reported Autobot killings?! He was dead! Slag at my feet!

Clench's fist slammed down hard against the table infront of him. He was not in need of any further repairs so he stalked up the corridors and into his quarters.

"Metrotitan! I want the Autobots casualty list and I want it now!"

A panel to the side of Clench slides open and a computor screen flashes with names of the Autobot injured. Clench scan's the list, seething with anger.

"Next time we meet, Inferno. You will not be as lucky."

~~~

KatasTrofiK lands silently outside the Decepticon HQ, next to the downed Scorpinok and Tripticon.

"What a monumental waste of energon that was!"

He stalks into Metrotitan and to the repair bay to iron out his dented chest plate.

And 'damn' may not be a tf-ism, but they do say it i.e. Magnus in the movie.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Leozak: -looking out the observation windows, scowling-

Drillhorn: -standing next to Leozak- "What a waste."

Leozak: "Inefficient."

Hellbat: "I was thinking more along the lines of insane."

Drillhorn: -narrows optics- "The captain wasn't asking for your opinion, Hellbat."

Hellbat: "Oh, I know. Just wanted to point out history's reputation of Galvatron. And what should have been a crushing attack-"

Drillhorn: "That's enough, Hellbat."

Leozak: -slams fist into windowsill- "It's our duty to serve the current leader, Hellbat. You know that as well as I. Anything else could be concidered..... traitorus."

Hellbat: -chuckles- "Couldn't have that, could we."
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

(sorry.)

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

(Sorry for not having posted in so long. I've had problems IRL that I needed to take care of. StarBlade'll have an inventive reason for missing the battle.)

StarBlade managed to make her way back to Metrotitan, cursing her navigation systems, using landmarks.

"Slag it all! Blasted piece of junk! When I get back to base I'm getting a new nav system! One that can handle my speeds!" Transforming, she looked around. Spotting Metrotitan, StarBlade landed, transformed to car mode, and drove towards it.

"Astrotrain's gonna have my head! Damned nav system.... always fritzes when I hit speeds like that...." Pulling into the area, she skidded to a stop, seeing Astrotrain yelling at Tripticon and Scorponok. They looked really badly damaged. Transforming back to robot mode, she summoned up her courage, and walked to Astrotrain.

"Sir, StarBlade reporting back...... I...I missed the battle, sir... My nav systems tend to go on the fritz when I hit my highest speed... And I did that during the run from the assassination mission... I'd like to ask either the med team or the Constructicons to replace my nav systems with something that can handle my speeds, sir."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Leozak: "That's enough, Hellbat. I want to know what's going on before deciding on any course of action at all." -spins away from the window- "Jalgar, you and Killbison go down to the repair bay, find out what's going on."

Jalgar: "We're on it, Captain."

Jalgar and Killbison: -head for the repair bay-

Leozak: -looks over at Gaihawk- "Gaihawk, take Hellbat and go make contact with the humans in that structure. Find out what you can about them."

Gaihawk and Hellbat: -look at each other with thinly veiled disgust-

Gaihawk: "But Captain-"

Leozak: "No buts, Gaihawk. Just try not to stuff him into any oil drums, hmm?"

Gaihawk and Hellbat: -walk out, heading for the palace-

Leozak: "Drillhorn, with me. I want to get a look at the casualities on the field."

Drillhorn: "You mean the relics?"

Leozak: "Yes. I want to get an idea as to what kind of shape they're in."

Leozak and Drillhorn: -start heading outside-

Drillhorn: "You're planning something, aren't you."

Leozak: "Something seems wrong here. I want to check things out."