[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Ch3. Autobot Battle Scars

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Outside Metroplex...

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: HI! I should disclaim that I am only familiar with the scenario I've picked up via synopsis, so please don't impale me if I'm doing stuff that way out of character or in conflict with previous actions. It will be repaired shortly, if so.)

It had been a long ride back, to be truthful. The passenger wore a grim face of mixed contempt and desperate exhaustion. He had apparently been dealing with the stress of being captive and abstaining from the amenities of sleep for some hours.

His riding companion, however, could not be having a better time.

"So leeeet iiiiit oooout! Don't just be one of the croooowd!"

Jazz rounded the exit at high speed, hitting the home stretch to Autobot City. His rider gripped the seats tightly and door to deal with the inertial motion, grimacing the entire way...

"Aw, whasamatter, dude? Don'tcha dig the tunes?"

Silence was the response. Jazz chuckled.

"Yeah, I thought you might say that. Well, don't you worry nothin'. Home sweet home's just ahead."

Silence. Jazz reduced speed so as not to rear-end Seawatch.

"That there's why traffic's so bad these days - boats on the road! Hit me with some love, Autobot City. Jazz comin' in, and I got a buddy some of you might wanna talk to..."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Outside Metroplex:

Seawatch and the others heard Jazz apporaching. The micromaster moved out its way and came up next to him. "Sorry about that man. Next time I'll call a cab instead." Stakeout then got in front of both of htem and said, "No problem, at least now we can get aquainted. My names Stakeout, the boat is Seawatch, the firetruck's Redhot and last, but not least is Fixit. Were the Rescue Patrol. Nice to meet to you."

----------------------------------------------------

Metroplex; Command Deck:

Countdown then picked up another Autobot signal on his radar systems. "Hey Ironhide, we got another Autobot signal coming up behind and with the Rescue Patrol. Should we reply to their transmissions?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Stratus nodded to Starlight. "Sure. I love exploring, and there's not much I can do to help the big guys. Their equipment's way too large for me to work."

Picking up the com signal, Aero Blade took a moment to look around, spotting Roadbuster after a moment. Picking up the Cyclone Cannon, he turned toward the other tech. "I'll be just a few moments Wheeljack. I'll be back to help once I'm done with this."

After a few moments of looking, he located Roadbuster, heading over to him. "Over here!" Aero Blade called, waving his free hand. "You the guy I was looking for?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I'm sure you are, sir." Crosshairs, of course, had absolutely no idea what Springer was talking about. But it was never a good idea to let one's superior officers see your ignorance.

Besides, for all I know he's suffered brain damage and he's babbling about nothing at all.

"Medbay's right here, sir." Opening the appropriate door, the Targetmaster waved briefly towards Minerva. "We're here."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Sensing an Autobot energy signature ahead, Hound transformed to robot mode and moved Buzzsaw to a tree. He leaned over, fixing his blue optics on the condor and whispered to him.

"Buzzsaw, stay here and observe from this location. You should be beyond the sweep of the cities here, but watch for aircraft and ground patrols for me. I'm picking up an autobot nearby- so be careful. I'm going in closer. I want a better reading of troop status and weaponry."

Hound stood up and glanced around before slipping off into the brush. His optics narrowed as he closed in on the energy signature and the friendly smile shifted to a darker smirk.

And I want to have some fun with the dweebozoids...

Minutes later, Hound slipped up quietly in the trees and saw his quarry. Without any hesitation, he threw out a hologram of a bunch of little bunnies hopping out towards the Autobot.

>ooc: (Brave Max... as they get closer- fangs would appear and they'd start flying.);)
-----------------------------
"Prowl reporting back Fort Max. Please open access entry C for me."

The security officer waited patiently while he was scanned and allowed access.
Once inside, he switched to his communicator.
"Optimus Prime, this is Prowl, Sir. I'm reporting in at repaired and functional status. Do you have immediate orders for me?"
Trailbreaker chuckled at Wreck-Gar's comments. "Aye, to be certain sure, me pal. Now we need the 411 from the humans- wait! Look! Hey Jazz brought in a human. Think we should go check it out?"
Inferno had gotten to the security wing and had begun repairs. He worked steadily, but remnants of the Decepticon that had fought with him and had taken him down remained caught in his mind. His optics dimmed in thought as he worked, silently and alone in the empty holding cell hall.
Mirage had meandered off and stood outside watching the sun set over the distant mountains.
The Decepticons beat us. They have prisoners and we couldn't prevent... *THUD*

The Autobot turned at a loud cland echoing up nearby from inside the city. Thoughts interrupted, he turned smoothly and began jogging in towards the sound. What in the name of Primus was that?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck Gar was already on his way to the door.

"Let's cut all of this business and get on with it. Last one there's a wet ponce."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Sixwing had walked a fair distance away from Autobase. He was trying to find new targets to test his weapon on, and alighn his sensors and those city bots were providing too much temptation. These Autobots were his allies now, no sense in upsetting them too early.

He realized that running across a rouge Decepticon patrol would be too much to ask for, but at this moment he didn't care, he was looking for something, anything, to vent his boredom about.

His sensors roared at him, an unknown energy signature was near by. Then another, smaller, close by. Both signatures were too primative for his sensor to determine which side they belonged to. Before he had a chance to try though, a dozen smaller energy signatures flared into life. Perhaps these units were like the legendary "tape bots" able to hold multipul units for deployment.

Just then, multipul white streaks flashed into view. They were too spread out for him to take out with his Ion rifle, and too close for the rocket laucher. Sixwing split into his six components, with Missle Run commanding the other five drone parts. Each using their wrist blasters to pick off multipul targets. The area becoming filled with dust. When it all settled, the six micromasters stood next to the combined jet. The dust settled, and Missle Run run looked on in shock:
"What the SLAG!"

Each of the white things, now obvious as a Terran rabbit, still stood amongst the pot marks and blast craters.

The micromasters waited then, for the bunnies to make their next move.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound covered his mouth to keep from laughing outloud at the Autobot's reaction. After a moment he had the bunnies fly about in circles and fly off into the bushes where he let the refracted hologram vanish.
He grinned and began to slip off quietly.
That was fun, but I'd best get to that base and continue collecting data.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Missle Run watched as the bunnies dissapeared into the bushes and his sensors told him that they had vanished. He walked over and scanned. No residue, nothing. They had not teleported, nor anything else. Perhaps some form of hologram? It didn't matter, the other energy signature was moving away.

Missle Run commanded the others to transform and fly through the area, silently and report on the exact location of the other unit.

The five micromaster drones transformed and flew away, only the helicopter making a silent whisper.

Perhaps if he can't blow something up, he can cause a little fear. And if this unit was an enemy....... All the better
Scout

Post by Scout »

Looks like I've got a playmate- or six.

Hound smirked as he realized he was now being followed.

Easily dealt with. Autobots are too easy.

He called up an image of Blaster to cover himself, and images of Rewind, Eject, Ramhorn, Cubby, Steeljaw, Raindance and Grand Slam around him as he headed toward the base.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

one of the drones picked up multipul signals again and reported it back to Missle Run. He couldn't sense any real difference in the signals, but something didn't feel right. He set a rondevue point just ahead of the main signal he was tracking and climbed into jet. On his way, he used the Ion rifle attached to the front. Firing a few rounds at the signal through the treetops. None should hit the unit, but might distract him, set him off balance.

This unit thinks I'll fall for the same trick a second time. Time to teach him a lesson

At the RV point, Missle Run sent out the other members. They were to engage in hit at run missions against the unknown unit. Drive him this way. But to remain hidden. Let this fool wonder.

The drones flew off, insearch of their target, still running silent.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Oh slag... ion displacement!"
Hound cringed slightly as the fizzling and crackling field washed over and caused the holograms to become wavy and in short- ineffective with a blur of color. Quickly, the scout ducked into some trees as the holograms disintegrated.
There are signals ahead... Hmm. Ahhh... yeah. Something else to get their attention.

Hound jogged on a diagonal to where the signals were coming from and once out of the disruption field, transformed into Jeep mode and began driving through the undergrowth. He cast an illusion a distance out of lots of trees moving and smoke coming up. Billows of black hit the sky framed by the darkening purples and reds of the sunset.

That oughtta take that mosquito away.
------------------------
------------------------
Trailbreaker clapped Wreck-Gar on the shoulder and then grinned before charging out into the hall yelling, "Race ya!"
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

OOC:with quickswitch still outta action for the present, he's given me the go-ahead.... so...

BIC:

Inside the maximus, much time had passed since prime's opening of the matrix... however, quickswitch had seemingly lain dormant.
inside his mind, however....

Six individual personalities. Six different views of life, and everything around them. but now matrix lightning struck all six... seemingly causing immense agony... but as their screams slowly died away, a seventh form appeared... in the center of the circle. and each of the six previous personalities faded... now merged with this one whole. And back in the real world, the sixchanger's optics began to glow...

"Quickswitch?" came prime's voice

"O...Optimus? What in Primus' name.... happened???"

"Let's just say you had a very shaking experience... and needed to be set back together. " Came prime's response. he'd managed to return the matrix to its containment chamber in his chest before the sixchanger fully came to... Prime was unsure if the unification of minds via the matrix would do as it was supposed to...

The sixchanger sat upright, slid off the table, and backed away from prime and the others.... into a less croweded area. and once he had the room... He, in rapid succession, cycled through his other alternate modes... with no noticable change in personality...

"Whatever it was, Prime... it worked. I owe you, sir."

"No, quickswitch. It was something that the high council owed to YOU. But at any rate... head for metroplex and catch up on things with ironhide... "

The sixchanger nodded, snapped off a quick salute, and transformed into stealth beast mode, and tore off down the hallway, shifting to jet mode as he arrived at the entry ramp for the maximus... and he tore across the sky toward metroplex...

"Primus, it's good to be back..." he muttered... not realizing the first word out of his mouth was once something he'd never have spoken before.

Back in the maximus med-bay, Prime recieved Prowl's comm... "Roger that, prowl... Meet me in my quarters in three earth hours. We need to discuss our next move... and I can't afford to pull Ironhide from Metroplex. not now at least. Prime out."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

outlying areas

Sureshot was just completing his third lap of his patrol when spoilsport spotted weapons fire off in the distance.

opening a com channel Sureshot radioed in to Ironhide
"Ironhide, i have spotted weapons fire in prowls vacinety please advise."
Brave Maximus

OOC: Sorry Scout - Comp was on the fritz all night.

Post by Brave Maximus »

Missle Run's sensors may have been having problems diferentiating the regular energon signals, but when his Ion blasts disrupted a group of the signals, he knew what was going on. When he saw the smoke billowing up from the forrest below, he knew it was a trick. Switching to infared scanner confermed his suspicions: The "fire" below gave off no heat signature, but there was something moving reletively fast on the ground.

This one has potential. Smart, fast, but there is no fear yet. Lets make him know fear.

With a mental command, the spark inside of Missle Run called togeather the other parts of himself, and the six other vehicals came roaring towards him. He was no longer concerned with stealth with them. With a second mental command the jet he rode in split and the 6 parts of his body transformed. Fists attached to Raker and Super Sonic, while feet attached to Falcon and Flanker. Chain Gun formed the back, attaching to the shell while Missle Run formed the chest. The head turned around and they eyes blazed purple while the golden Autobot symbol flashed on his chest.

Never knew how weak I was traped in that single body. This! This combined form is more than it's parts. Now to find my little rabbit

Sensors reached out and found an energon signal rushing away from the "explosion". Sixwing hit the ground and began ducking and weaving through the trees. He spotted his target, a green ground vehical of sorts:

Hummm it looks like I cannot see if he's a Decepticon or an Autobot, excellent. And, as he's not talking.......... The combiners mind then filled with maniacle laughter. He continued to run through the forest, barely making a noise. He reached down, scooped up a fist sized rock (fist sized for a normal height Transformer) and whipped it at his target. He slowed just long enough to watch it impact on the side of the other robot and shatter.

Sixwing fixed the other Robot with his sensors and disappeared deeper into the forest. His laughter ringing through the trees.
Omega Shuttle - Base mode
Starlight nodded and guestured for Stratus to enter the base. Inside, She showed him the CR chambers, command centre and Energon Z generators. It was those she was especially interested in. Her team had been formulating a way to utilize this Energon in other ways - perhaps as weapons or shields. Unfortunatly, when in combat, Skyfall Omega used all of the Energon Z stored there and they couldn't re-route any of it.
She looked at Stratus and asked if he had any ideas.
(OOC: Yes, this is right out of Transformers: Energon, and I don't expect anything to come of it - I have no omnicons. But it at least gives the Mini's something to keep occupied with)

Metroplex - Command Deck

Skyfall nodded to Ironhide.
"Sir, I don't know what's going on in this time. I realize that the Cybertr..... Autobots may not have formed an alliance with the Unified Earth Council, but there are Decepticons gearing up for war right on their door steps. That and we're sitting here almost undefended. We have one or two bots on patrol while most of the troops are running around dealing with personal problems. We have some serious combat troops here. Put them on patrol, or better yet, why don't we lead a strike force into Dest.... Decepticon territory. A couple of quick hit-and-run attacks, keep them off balance and delay their renued assault.
And they are comming Sir. The Destrons in my time may not have been the brightest, but they were relentless.
We need to get organized, or we're going to just keep waiting for them to hit us, repair the damage and wait some more. You don't win wars that way. You loose troops. Sir."
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: Hey no problem BM! It's a proven fact technology refuses to cooperate for me too.

A combiner?

The realization came too late for Hound to put on any real speed to evade the gaining combiner.

Get to the Autobot base and he'll lose... OW! A good-sized
rock slammed into his right wheel well panel, shattering the glass on the side of his front window and crumpled the fender. He veered between two trees and transformed through the momentum, knees digging in to the ground and skidding to a halt a few feet from another tree.

Hound glanced back quickly to insure that he wasn't being followed. For a moment he wavered between his orders and the urge to react.

That thing is fast... and dangerous. He rubbed his shoulder and scowled. Slowly his optics narrowed and he clenched his teeth.

I will have to take care of that thing first... No Autobot can do that and get away with it.

Moments later, he began stalking the energy trail of the combiner. As he closed again, he remembered a ravine nearby.

"Perfect!" He mumbled with a grin. He tracked onto the combiner and released a missile.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Sixwing heard the missle comming and whipped around laughing. He brought his Ion Rifle up and fired. Unfortunatly he wasn't as fast as he thought. The missle was only a few feet from him and the Ion blast shorted out the firing mechanism, causing it to explode, sending Sixwing through several trees and clearing out a small part of the forest.

Not wasting a moment, Sixwing lept to his feet, his body already starting to regenerate. His right shoulder socket was useless at the moment though - circutry and mechanics exposed and missing, with spark energy begining to repair it. He subspaced his Ion rifle, and ripped off a piece of his armor plating. Setting it on the ground, his sensors told him that the other unit was moving towards him. He removed one of the spare rockets from subspace and rammed it into the ground. Setting the internal mechanism, he placed the piece of his skin on top, setting a primative mine. Either way, it would explode shortly.

He then ran a few feet and lept into one of the taller trees, using the foliage to block his opponents view and using his anti-grave units to keep him up. He then removed his Ion Rifle and waited.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound moved in slowly. His sensors told him that his quarry had now split into two sections- one small and one larger. Not needing visual contact, he knew exactly where the combiner was, but the smaller part was emitting a strange signal. He bent down and crept closer.

What is that? One at a time... destroy the small one first and take this big guy apart screw by rusty screw.

He stepped carefully through the bush in an arc about a hundred yards from the unknown energy transmission, watching it carefully and monitoring the position of the combining Autobot.

After a brief pause, Hound stopped entirely and crouched down, then sent a hologram of Prowl walking out towards the object- and then the explosion happened.

It was the flash that hit first- the brilliant and blinding eruption of energy. And then the blast. The shockwave toppled trees and set fire to the foliage around the radius. Optical sensors blinded, Hound stumbled backwards through the falling debris- searching for the thermal imaging area that was blue- the ravine to take cover until his sensors recovered.
------------------------------
------------------------------

"Yes Sir Optimus!" Prowl responded over his communicator and then clicked off.
"180 minutes... I have a lot of surveying to accomplish." Quickly, he made for the security quarters of Fortress Maximus.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Metroplex, Command Deck:

Ironhide: "Ah know how ya feel, Skyfall, but chargin' inta 'Con territory with no intell at awl's jus' askin' fer trouble." -pauses as Sureshot's message comes in- "An' there ain't no way better ta get intell lahke gettin' it rahght from th' 'Cons themselves. C'mon." -starts heading out of control room, activates commlink- "Ah read ya, Sureshot. Be there in a few." -deactivates commlink, stops, turns back- "Countdown, bring us ta red alert, and transform th' station ta battle base mode. There's Autobots out there awlready, so don't fahre if ya think th' blast'll hit any'a us. An' if it ain't a 'Con, Ah'm gonna give 'em a serious tawkin' to." -heads out again, activating commlink-

Exterior, Fort Max:

Roadbuster: -waves to Aero Blade- "Yeah, Nightbeat sent me. What do you have?" -commlink chimes, activates- "Go."

Ironhide: -over commlink- "We got weapons fahre. Mahght be Deceptacreeps, mahght be somebody lettin' off steam."

Roadbuster: "Right. You going?"

Ironhide: -over commlink- "'Course Ah'm goin'. Ain't really got a crew on Metroplex, with Minerva at Fort Max an' Nahghtbeat off in New York. Get back ta th' base . Countdown'll need th' help.

Roadbuster: "I read you. Out." -looks over at Aero Blade, still wondering what the errand is all about-

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -turns away from the monitor tuned to VH1, gasps- "Springer?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"
Reflector

Outside Metroplex...

Post by Reflector »

Jazz laughed affably at the introduction. He knew who the Micromasters were, of course. Being a high-ranking special agent required knowledge of other troops potential for doing the job. Regardless, he humored them, still speeding along with the patrol.

"Howdy, kids! Name's Jazz, and the fella ridin's--"

Jazz slammed his brakes, so as not to drive onto the slowly retracting bridge ahead.

"The city's transformin'! Somethin's gotta be up."

At a stop, Jazz transformed smoothly into his robot mode, carefully plucking the human from his seat and scooping him up. He held the human close to the ground, but didn't let him go yet. Wouldn't want him to escape.

"Hate to be bossy, but I got a mission for you. Hang on to the little guy, and find someplace to hide until you can get back into the city."

He bent his elbow, raising his rifle to the sky, prepared to attack. Attack what, he wasn't sure just yet, but better safe than splattered. A communicator popped out the side of his head, and he tilted so as to reach it more effectively.

"What's goin' on up there, boys? You see somethin' I don't?"

(OOC: Hyper Prime, feel free to have Countdown respond to that call, since Jazz is calling the command deck. :) )