[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Chapter 2: War Dawn - Metroplex

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Blitzwing stumbled forward as Ironhide dragged him out from being crushed. The triple changer found himslef face down in the dirt. "MHRHLLDMXZ..." and the rest was drowned out by Trypticon's roar.
-----

Darkhari Nashdan heard the roar and tremendous crack, and then lost his hearing. In a blind panic, he continued running through the mountain growth, gasping for air and clutching his chest.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -watching as Trypticon moves away, heading for Metroplex, sighs- "Tahmes lahke this Ah miss th' ol' days......." -whacks his left forearm, relays finally resetting and allowing his hand to redeploy, looks down at Blitzwing- "You idiots couldn't jus' stick with combiner teams, could'ja?" -transforms to vehicle mode, starts speeding towards Trypticon-

Nightbeat: -still following the human- "We're not going to hurt you!" -activates commlink- "Minerva, you better hurry. I can hear him breathing and I think I'm picking up his heartbeat. It sounds irregular and way too fast."

Minerva: -over commlink- "Then catch up to him! It's probably some poor hiker who wasn't expecting to get caught in the middle of a war!"

Nightbeat: -running faster, closing the gap- "It's like trying to catch a fish with your bare hands in a swamp! He's obscured by the underbrush!"
TFArchive RPG Team

Blitzwing realized he had been left alone and transformed to jet mode only to realize he was stuck in mid-transformation.
He began shouting again only to have his vocoder drowned out by the battlefield noises.
---------

Gasping, Darkhari evaded Nightbeat and ran into a cliff crevice. He fumbled shakily for a pill bottle and brought out two. He dropped both and scrambled for the pills, mixing them up accidentally. One would slow his heart, the other would stop it entirely.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -slowly closing the gap between himself and Trypticon, looking at the massive city-con and wondering where the damage is bad enough that he might be able to get inside-

Nightbeat: -stops thrashing through the underbrush, focuses on his hearing, hears strained breathing and heartbeats, starts walking towards the crevasse that the human is hiding in- "We mean you no harm!"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Trypticon ground his teeth almost rapturously together. His small, ineffective front arms wriggled in excitement as he clomped to the rock pile. Metroplex thrashed about, removing chunks of mountain which covered him.

Finally, the city's battered and nearly broken body appeared in the rubble.

Trypticon moved forward, and narrowed his optics.

Metroplex started to make a noise, moving his mouth soundlessly. The saurian city pressed a massive foot one of the humanoid city's legs, meaning to crush it, then the next. Metal began to creak and groan. Metroplex struggled to sit up.

The city's mouth moved again, and a rasp escaped it.

Trypticon paused in breaking the leg to lean forward and down, amused, to his foe.

"This is a residential area," Metroplex said, optics steely.

Trypticon blinked his optics stupidly- there were no human settlements around for hundreds of miles. Which reminded Trypticon, that humans were so, so very easy to kill. Especially the pathetic young and sick. Perhaps he'd eat a few schools, or hospitals or-

The blow, when it came, was thunderous.

Metroplex freed his unmained arm from the rubble and, viciously, punched Trypticon in the jaw, shattering his archrival's teeth utterly. Trypticon let out a roar of surprise mixed with pain, as the crumpled bits of teeth fell away like metallic powder, which is what Metroplex's fist had reduced them to.

Metroplex reared back again with his fist- bent almost completely inward from the force of the blow- and hit Trypticon again, under the nape of the neck. At the same time, Metroplex lashed out with his other foot, and knocked Trypticon off, sending the city staggering.

Metroplex fired his shoulder cannon battery, along with his head lasers, which sent blasts deep into Trypticon's chest, keeping him off balance. Trypticon roared again- how was it possible?

Before he knew it, Metroplex was standing. He made a move to regain his bearings, but was backhanded by his hated enemy in the face, so hard that the strike echoed on the battlefield.

Trypticon struggled to counterattack, but could not. Metroplex kicked away a puny effort of a tail-whipping to grab Trypticon under the neck with his good fist. Paused, strained- and lifted.

Trypticon thrashed, a pathetic figure. Metroplex's contempt was telegraphed as he looked into the saurian's optics with his own. With a yell of triumph, Metroplex reared back and threw Trypticon, one armed, over the remaining expanse of the Rocky Mountains.

Trypticon's howl of disbelief, and defeat, could be heard for miles even as his obsidian black form recded into the horizon away from the United States, and toward the general direction of North Africa.

Metroplex struggled to regain his balance, nodded once with conviction, then fell to the earth face first, uncaring of whatever smaller battles might be raging.

Metroplex shut his optics, and fell into stasis.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -skids to a halt and transforms, watching Metroplex beat Trypticon, manages to stay upright when Metroplex collapses, activates commlink- "Minerva, ya better get over here. Metroplex got worked over pretty good."

Minerva: -over commlink- "I can't. Nightbeat says a human stumbled into the middle of this and is running, and from what he's hearing, might be in the beginning stages of a heart attack."

Ironhide: -scowls- "Ahlrahght, fahnd th' human an' make sure they're okay. Ah'll start checkin' Metroplex, see what kahnda shape he's in. Ah can't fix him, but Ah mahght be able ta keep him outta terminal shutdown." -deactives commlink, starts looking into Metroplex's wounds-
TFArchive RPG Team

That guy's in trouble.
From a tree branch farther down the mountain, a dark-clad teenager watched through binoculars. He had laid his box where he had been told to, when he heard the jet leave overhead. Looking over, he saw Nightbeat pursuing Darkhari through the brush.
He crouched back against the tree and remained still, continuing to watch through the binoculars.
------
Darkhari heard Nightbeat calling at the entrance to the crevice and shakily shoved a pill in his mouth and swallowed it. A moment went by and then his eyes rolled and he dropped to the ground dead.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: -gets to crevasse as Nashdan collapses, kneels down- "Damn." -starts looking at the human, scowls- "But I can tell one thing. You're no lost hiker." -activates commlink- "It's too late, Minerva. He's gone."

Minerva: -rolls up next to him, gets out of car, pulls helmet off, long blonde hair fluffing out, kneels next to the human- "Does this feel funny to you?"

Nightbeat: -looks around, sees the pill bottle and the remaining pill- "Yes, he does." -switches comm frequencies- "Hey, pops, didn't the current intel state that the Decepticons are based in some arabian banana republic called Carbomb-something?"

Ironhide: -over commlink- "Carbombya. Run by some wingnut named Fakkahdi. Why?"

Nightbeat: "Because our panicked hiker isn't a hiker. Not unless hikers try to blend into the background. And he's Arabian."

Ironhide: "So?"

Nightbeat: "And here I'd thought your paranoia would be in full swing."

Ironhide: "That's Red Alert. Ah jus' hit things."

Nightbeat: "Yeah, good point. Either way, with the placement of the jammers, and now our late Arab friend here, and the fact that Galvatron and his merry band of morons have settled in an Arab country....... Except our comms aren't acting up..... Uh, oh. We'll be back in a few! Out." -transforms-

Muzzle: -lands on the ground next to Nightbeat's vehicle mode body- "C'mon, sis. Help me get Chuckles the Corpse into your transector. Before you do that, get your helmet on and button up." -grabs pills and pill bottle, puts them in pocket, grabs one of the body's arms-

Minerva: -grabs helmet, puts it back on, reseals it, grabs the body's other arm- "Why?"

Muzzle: "Remember that George Clooney movie we saw right before Brainstorm showed us his new experiment?"

Minerva: "Yeah..... Oh. That would be bad."

Muzzle and Minerva: -start dragging the body to Minerva's transector-

Ironhide: -inside the gaping hole in Metroplex's shoulder, sealing off what fuel leaks he can- "Ah wonder what that kid found....."
TFArchive RPG Team

They found him. Hmmph. Dead. I better get out of here.

Nikko slipped down from his tree branch and started moving away as quickly as he could.
----
Blitzwing finally managed to finish his transformation. With a thundering blast, he took off, heading back toward Metrotitan.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Muzzle and Minerva: -get the body into the backseat/med unit of Minerva's transector-

Minerva: -gets into her transector, starts engine- "Where do we go?"

Muzzle: -gets into Nightbeat- "Back to Metroplex. Closest base of operations."

Muzzle and Minerva: -burn rubber for Metroplex-

Ironhide: -standing inside another of the gaping wounds in Metroplex's armored hull, staring at shattered components, power conduits, staring at the energon pooling around his feet, sighs- "Ah'm beginnin' ta think Ah'm way over mah head in here....... This makes rebuildin' that Chronosphere Megatron blew up look lahke a walk in th' park." -makes adjustment to his blaster pistol and deploys a sprayer from his right forearm, starts sealing the broken fuel lines and conduits, activates commlink- "Hey, Minerva. You guys done yet?"

Minerva: -over commlink, note of sadness in her voice- "We found the guy. He didn't make it."

Muzzle: -over commlink, breaking into transmission- "He did have a bottle of pills on him. I think he might have suicided rather than get captured."

Ironhide: -scowls- "Why would a human kill himself rather'n let us capture him?"

Muzzle: "I think our late friend here planted something. If it was a signal jammer, we wouldn't be able to communicate."

Ironhide: "Ah really didn't wanna hear that. Ah'm havin' enough trouble figurin' out how ta keep Metroplex from bleedin' out. Get back here quick as ya can. Ah'm callin' th' other site." -switches comm frequencies- "Prahme, Quick Switch, Prowl, anybody who c'n hear me. This's Ironhide. Any of you guys hear me?"
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

"Yeaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooh Shiiiiiiii...." Blaster was flung from the chair he had tried not to move from since the battle with Trypticon began. He did everything he could during the battle to help Metroplex and was quite happy that once again Trypticon was repelled though the cost was heavy on the city bot. Before he could finish his cry of surprise he was thrown from his chair from the falling city bot. Blaster's back connected with the wall as he was like the die in the popper on a trouble board bouncing around in the command area of Metroplex. He sat slumped against the wall optics dead for a few seconds then everything kicked back in.

"...t. He finished reachinf up and rubbing the dented white visor that hung over his head rubbing it feeling the dent out. "Ow man.. give me warning next time" He muttered dropping his hand down helping him get back to his feet as he looked trying to survey the damage.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime arrived at metroplex soon after he recieved ironhide's second attempted communique.... and he wasn't exactly thrilled by the results of the assault... transforming back into robot mode, he approached metroplex...

"Ironhide, status report." he spoke... but knew fully well what to expect... metroplex and fortress maximus were both in shambles... they were going to be extremely vulnerable to the point of walking a razor's edge. with metrotitan still operational back in carbomiya, and no sign of grand maximus anywhere, the autobots were in a bad way...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -walks out of one of the gaping holes in Metroplex's armor- "Well, we drove off th' three Decepticreeps that came over this way, an' Metroplex got mangled fahghtin' Trypticon. Ah been patchin' th' big guy up best Ah can, but he needs a lot more'n Ah c'n do fer him. Nahghtbeat an Minerva're comin' back with a human. Somebody who was pokin' around. An' since you had ta come awl th' way over here, Ah'm guessin' he dropped one'a them jammer things.

Nightbeat and Minerva: -skid to a halt next to Prime-

Nightbeat: -transforms- "It's better than what I thought he left us. Otherwise we'd be glowing quietly to ourselves right now."

Minerva: -finishes putting the body in a stasis field, transforms, holding the human's corpse in her hands-

Nightbeat: "We found a bottle of pills next to the body. Either he got spooked by the battle, and his heart condition sent him into cardiac arrest, or he suicided to keep us from questioning him."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster lifted a computer that had broken away out of his path as he made his way back to the seat he was thrown from stepping carfully over the debris. He got to his seat and sat back down trying to see if the console was still operational.

"Got nothin'" He said as he stood up and walked towards the exit. He looked back at the destroyed room and shook his head moving forward pushing a peice of the door arch-way that had collapsed aside and stepped into the main corridor and started walking, he had to find an exit and get out of the damaged city bot.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime glanced toward the hole Ironhide emerged from, then turned his attention to nightbeat and minerva...

" I'd like a look at that pill bottle, if it's not a pborlem, nightbeat. Minerva, once the human is inside, we need you back out here to assist with the serious repairs."

Prime extended his hand for the pill bottle, which would seem extremely tiny in the palm of a transformer's hand... but his optics were able to see down to an almost cellular level if he used enough magnification...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Minerva: -looking sadly at the dead Arabian human in her hands, the stasis field reflecting light like a soap bubble- "Aye, sir." -walks off, looking for an entry hatch into Metroplex proper-

Nightbeat: -transforms, Muzzle disconnecting and transforming out of head mode, lands next to Nightbeat's vehicle mode body, pulls the pill bottle, tosses it onto Nightbeat's seat, Nightbeat transforms back to robot mode, muzzle transforming back into Nightbeat's head and locking into position on Nightbeat's shoulders, then Nightbeat pulls the pill bottle out and hands it to Prime- "My only question is, why did he do it? If the plan was to make sure that we couldn't communicate with you, the second part of sending him would be a major assualt on this side, seeing as the majority of the Autobot forces are concentrated around Fort Max. Roll over us and hit the rest from the flank. Instead, all they sent were Thundercracker, Thrust, Blitzwing, and Trypticon"

Ironhide: "Prob'ly they figgered what they sent over this way'd be enough ta deal with us."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"no.. there's more to it than that... when I fought with Galvatron today... he... wasn't who he'd become. No, in fact he wasn't even where he was when unicron first created him... from what I've been told... no. He was in that state of maddness that plagued him during thos e years when I was supposedly dead... and that, I'd wager, is why we didn't get hit nearly as hard on metroplex' end as we did at the outposts and fortress maximus... but this is still bad news..."

Prime's optics scanned the container... and confirmed it...

"It's as I thought... this pill causes the heartrate to accellerate the metabolism... good if you've extra weight, and your metabolism can stand accelleration... but as slim as that man was... it sent him straight into cardiac arrest... his heart couldn't handle beating that fast..."

Prime closed his fist, careful not to crush the bottle...nor its contents...

"We have to inform General Hawk of this situation... Any update on smokescreen and Jetfire?"
TFArchive RPG Team

(Still catching up)
Nikko ran as fast and as hard as he could when rocks and boulders from a vaporized mountain came crashing down around him. He ran across a slope and skidded to a halt as he spotted a big black and white Autobot just ahead. Just then, a big rock collided with his head, knocking him out cold.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster reached an exit hatch on the inside of Metroplex which was barricaded by debris which he promptly shoved aside. He looked at the hatch which was on the roof. "Mmmm gonna need a stand" the autobot communications officer said looking around spotting a large console that had busted off from a near by room, probably a weapons station. He kneeled down and picked it up with a little trouble but he got it over to the hatch and set it down climbing up on it.

"Time to get into the light" he said pushing on the hatch which burst open allowing the air to flow in and mix with the stale air still in Metroplex. he hopped up grabbing the edge of the hatch and pulling him self out climbing onto the battle scarred backof Metroplex looking around.

~~~~

Human! Jazz immedeatly thought as he watched the man get knocked on the head by a falling rock. He raised his gun and fired a shot at another rock coming down at the human blowing it to pieces then quickly jumping over a large boulder before him and running to the human.

"He's Carbombian" He said aloud as he quickly scooped the human up and Transformed placing the man in the driver seat still out cold and driving away from the falling rocks swerving to avoid ones that came near him.
TFArchive RPG Team

A few minutes passed and the teen began to recover with a hazy expression. "Mmmm...." He blinked and then rubbed the side of his head. Slowly he sat up and stared at the puzzling realization that he was in a moving car with no driver. "What?"