[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Chapter 2: War Dawn - Metroplex

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -sitting on Blitzwing's turret, grabs the barrel of Blitzwing's main gun, starts pulling, trying to bend it- "Make me!"

Nightbeat: -ducks back into full cover of the wall next to the hatch as Thrust's shots slam into Metroplex's armor and the corridor wall opposite- "Ah, good. We've distracted them."

Minerva: -ducks back in as well- "Now what do we do?"

Nightbeat: "Wait until they break off from this run, and fire at them as they swing around. Aim for engines."

Minerva: "But they've got rockets! Explosives!"

Nightbeat: "Only one thing for it, then. C'mon, Sundance!" -grabs Minerva's hand, leaps from hatch, firing at both Thundercracker and Thrust, trying to distract them-

Minerva: -dragged out of hatch by Nightbeat, now plummetting towards ground- "Oh, SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Blitzwing had had enough of Ironhide. "RUST BUCKET! I said GET OFF!" The triple changer transformed to his robot mode as his turret barrel bent upwards and let off a shot.
------
Blitzwing's last shot whizzed up in front of Thrust leaving a pocket in his air stream that caused his engines to nearly stall out. With the enemy fire around him, Thrust made up his mind. "I'm outta here!" Thrust yelled over his communicator to Thundercracker as he took off with a sonic accelleration. *The massive vibration should shake everything around.*
------
Thundercracker feigned indifference and didn't reply. Silently, he was thinking "Coward." He circled around and drew a line for range on his drone rocket, when he noted that Blitzwing was in his line of fire. He held off and instead, circled again waiting for an opportunity to strike.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -rolls to feet- "Think yer so tough? Bring it on, ya punk!" -deploys glue sprayer, sprays at Blitzwing's feet, aims blaster pistol at Blitzwing, fires-

Nightbeat and Minerva: -lying in a shallow, oddly shaped depression in the ground as Thrust's sonic boom of departure washes over them-

Nightbeat: -face down in dirt, mutters- "I thought that looked like Thundercracker....."

Minerva: -on top of Nightbeat, sits up, holding side of head-"Owww........ Why did we do that?"

Nightbeat: -voice muffled by dirt- "Because we needed to get out of that hatch, and hey, it worked for Butch and Sundance."

Minerva: "They were jumping into a river!"

Nightbeat: -gets to hands and knees, spitting out dirt- "Well... we are armored."

Minerva: "A couple of Seekers don't qualify as a Lafours with posse level threat!"

Nightbeat: "Their missiles do. Now get to cover." -scans the sky- "One of them's gone, but the other one's swinging around." -brings plasma blaster up, opens fire at Thundercracker-

Minerva: "If you're staying, so am I." -brings stun blaster up, opens fire at Thundercracker-
TFArchive RPG Team

Blitzwing tried to evade the glue spurt, but snarled as he lost his balance in Thrust's sonic wake. A blob of glue washed over his left foot. "You're in a sticky situation Autobot, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it."

He grinned as he whipped out his gyro-blaster rifle and fired at Ironhide.
---------

Thundercracker swung around and surveyed the Autobots below. They jumped out of there and survived that fall.
He mused to himself easily avoiding the stun shots from the distance he was at. "Blitzwing's still too close for the rocket. Incendiary will set this whole mountain blazing- time for a standard laser." Thundercracker nosed down, picking up speed, and began firing laser bursts at Nightbeat and Minerva.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -hit by the burst from the gyro blaster rifle, feels his balance gyros go haywire, staggers starts to fall, transforms to vehicle mode- "Ah ain't the one in a sticky sit'iation!" -floors accelerator, charges Blitzwing-

Nightbeat and Minerva: -dive in opposite directions as Thundercracker returns fire-

Nightbeat: "This is not my idea of fun!" -keeps firing plasma blaster at Thundercracker-

Minerva: "We could have stayed inside Metroplex. It might have been safer!" -firing stun blaster at Thundercracker-

Nightbeat: "Probably not! Like being in a dice cup in there!"
TFArchive RPG Team

Blitzwing shifted to his energo-sword as Ironhide crashed into him, knocking the big triple-changer backwards. A chunk of ground came up attached to his foot from the glue as he fell back.
-------

Thundercracker rocketed at the duo below firing away. A stun shot crossed up under his cockpit and skewed his controls.
"Oh no!" He yelled as he cut his engines veering to the side as his wing and tail flaps began malfunctioning. He fell the last two hundred feet in robot form, crashing and rolling into the tree cover at the edge of the Autobot base clearing.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -transforms, staying on top of Blitzwing, grabs for Blitzwing's hand to keep the triple changer from swinging the sword, swings his other fist at Blitzwing's face-

Nightbeat: -watches Thundercracker roll into cover- "Stay here, sis." -heads for woods-
TFArchive RPG Team

Ironhide's fist connected cleanly and Blitzwing's head snapped to the side with the hit, causing a spurt of fluid to drain from his mouth. He managed to get the blade up in the air though, and attempted to bring it down on the back of Ironhide's head.
--------
Thundercracker found he was remarkably intact for once. He did note that one wing was damaged slightly and his left leg hurt, but that was small cause for concern. He heard the approach of an individual and bent down into the bushes, bringing up his arm lasers.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -gets klonked in the back of the head, head snaps forward, narrows optics, brings right fist back, deploys napalm sprayer, sprays it at Blitzwing's face-

Nightbeat: -hearing Thundercracker moving around in the underbrush, stops, aims for what appears to be the source of the sound, fires into the underbrush-
TFArchive RPG Team

Blitzwing began yelling as the napalm hit him square in the face. His metallic flesh began to heat and burn, sending pain signals to his relays. He raised both feet and kicked up to throw Ironhide off, covering his face with one arm.
------
Thundercracker jumped backwards , half falling behind a tree as Nightbeat's shots riddled the bushes just in front of him. He narrowed his optics and returned fire.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -kicked off of Blitzwing, rolls to a kneeling position, sprays more napalm at Blitzwing from his right hand, deploys superheated liquid lead sprayer from his left hand, sprays it at Blitzwing-

Nightbeat: -dives out of the way and gets partially spun around as one of Thundercracker's return shots catches him in the right shoulder, scrambles for cover in the underbrush, returns fire-
TFArchive RPG Team

Blitzwing began to roar in pain and anger. His whole body burned and he had a clump of dirt stuck to his foot. He brought up the sword and charged in a nearly blind fury at Ironhide.
-------

Thundercracker caught a blast that went through his left arm and his left wing. Hastily, he backed up further into the bushes, still firing.
I can still get off this miserable ground if I can get to the cliff edge.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: "Gettin' kahnda warm, huh, Blitzwing?" -retracts napalm and lead sprayers, deploys supercooled liquid nitrogen sprayers, sprays at Blitzwing-

Nightbeat: -ducking below Thundercracker's return fire, returns fire himself, hoping to catch Thundercracker in the leg-
TFArchive RPG Team

Blitwing took a heavy swing at Ironhide's extended arm with the sword before the spray hit him, primarily on his right side. Immediately, he felt his joints freeze through. The burning had stopped, but so had the rest of his movements as the cold shock hit. He stopped in his tracks.
-------
Thundercracker continued backing up, when a sudden movement behind him startled the seeker. A human ran out from the bushes not far off. The movement distracted him, and within moments, he felt a shot rip through his leg, just above the knee joint. The blue seeker frowned as he grabbed a tree for support.
"Stop firing! There's a human running around back here!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -left arm knocked aside, the trithyllium/steel alloy skin holding, but structural shock jamming relays in his forearm, sending the sprayer offline and locking up the retraction mechanism, sits down heavily on the ground, and, for safety's sake, deploys glue sprayer in right hand and starts coating as much of Blitzwing as he can with glue in and attempt to stick the frozen triple changer to the spot before he thaws out- "Gotta get mah gyros back online......"

Nightbeat: -stops shooting- "Great. Just what I don't need......." -raises voice, speaks in what he hopes is the human's general direction- "Can I help you?"
TFArchive RPG Team

Blitzwing was aware Ironhide was spraying him with glue, but there was nothing the big Decepticon could do except think really evil thoughts.

Minutes passed and eventually he felt his joints defrosting, but he didn't move.

------
Thundercracker hobbled backwards a bit more. He could just see the edge of the cliff.
The Autobot's distracted, but if I shoot, he'll return fire. And where is that human... hmm? A box? A jammer. Now I understand.
The seeker saw a small box near his feet but left it there. Suddenly, he turned and made a last lunge for the open air beyond the trees.
The human did not stop running. The man was in his 40's and wore a dark black set of clothes. He scurried into the thickest bushes trying to get away from the large robots.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -uses those few minutes, finally gets his gyros reset, lurches to feet, still unable to get anything in his lower left arm working, scans Blitzwing, retracts the glue sprayer, deploys right hand, pulls gun, backs out of easy sword strike range, aims at Blitzwing- "Ah got ya cold, Blitzwing. Drop th' weapons."

Nightbeat: -hears the human scurrying and Thundercracker's leap, pops up, fires at Thundercracker, but making sure not to fire anywhere near the human-
TFArchive RPG Team

Blitzing frowned and then dropped his guns and sword.
"You win this round Old Timer."
--------

Thundercracker felt a shot graze his other wing as he plunged off the cliff. Transforming painfully in mid-fall, he ignited his boosters and shot back toward Metrotitan with a sonic boom.

Darkhari Nashdan continued running as fast as his legs could carry him through the bushes and away from the big robots.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Trypticon whipped back his head, tearing massive gouts of metallic frame, wires and infrastructure. Oil sprayed in a sickening arc as Metroplex's arm was basically made lame.

Metroplex screamed in unbridled agony, even as he nearly battered Trypticon's back- and broke the purple back scales that adorned it. The perfectly straight back grooves which eventually ended in the suarian's tail bent inward, becoming mishapen.

Trypticon, optics flashing, made certain Metroplex had regained momentary sanity and slowly swallowed the massive portion of arm-frame, belching contentedly afterwards. Oil dripped off his razor sharp teeth, and coated his jaw- almost his whole front.

Metroplex backed off as Trypticon registered no pain whatsoever from the pounding his back was taking. He swung his good arm again in an arc at his foe's head, while Trypticon opened his mouth wide and fired his lower jaw-laser directly into Metroplex's neck, sending off a gouge of smoke and shrapnel. Metroplex reeled.

Trypticon then spun about and whip-cracked his thick tail across the broad chest of the humanoid city, sending him smashing into one of the Rocky Mountains, totally and utterly obliterating it, causing an awesome landslide.

The defeaning impact and aftermath would have been heard by all participants on the battlefield. Almost matching Trypticon's roar of triumph as he examined his work. Clomping forward, heedless of whether he might be in the path of Autobot or Decepticon- and not particularly caring if he killed any of the smaller, weaker, pathetic robots either- Trypticon slowly but inexorably neared Metroplex, slumped in miles of rock.

Trypticon decided he would eat Metroplex from the legs up, for no other reason than Metroplex's screams would last longer that way.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -walks forward, kicks Blitzwing's weapons away- "Now Ah gotta figger out what ta do with ya." -starts as Metroplex comes flying over his head and crashes into the mountains, swings around and looks at the advancing Trypticon- "Aw, no........" -grabs Blitzwing, rips the stuck triple changer from the ground and starts dragging him away so they both wouldn't be trampled-

Nightbeat: -winces as Thundercracker roars away, can still hear the human thrashing through the underbrush, starts running after him, activates commlink- "Minerva! We got a human!"

Minerva: -over commlink- "WHAT?!?!?!"

Nightbeat: "Not like that. He's running through the underbrush. We need to stop him! He might stumble into the battlefield!"

Minerva: "Got ya, Nightbeat. I'll see if I can cut him off." -deactivates commlink, transforms to vehicle mode, slams transector into drive, floors accellerator pedal, and takes off, heading for the underbrush, skids to a halt as she sees Metroplex crash into the mountains in her rear view mirror, looks back-

Nightbeat: -over commlink- "What was that?!?!"

Minerva: "Trypticon's getting the upper hand. I'm joining you in the underbrush!" -heads for underbrush as fast as her transector will go-