G1 Volume 2 #5 Synopsis with SPOILERS

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

G1 Volume 2 #5 SPOILERS

Post by Bombshell »

Prime and co. make their assault on Iacon, while Magnus has the Dinos placed into CR chambers. Meanwhile, Starscream takes out the Reflector trio and gives Soundwave Ratbat, and Shockwave takes out Ultra Magnus. Prime heads off to meet Magnus (whose body does the characteristic fade to black), then heads off to pound Shockwave. Instead, Shockwave takes out Prime and takes the Matrix just as the others arrive and a bolt of energy heads out towards a VERY familiar planetoid. But as Shockwave revels in his victory, Ultra Magnus suddenly comes back to life...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Surely the topic itself is a spoiler, no?
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Surely the topic itself is a spoiler, no?

Not really, considering that we've known that he would ever since we saw #6's cover a while back.

And if you don't belive me, maybe you need to take another look at this.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Not really, considering that we've known that he would ever since we saw #6's cover a while back.
Some people don´t look at or haven´t seen those covers. Mostly to avoid spoilers. Please, edit your topic header.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Osku
Please, edit your topic header.

I tried. I can't.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

My theories about the events in issue 5
Shockwaves plan may not be to awaken Unicron, it may have been a accident, if this matrix holds the essense of Primus its probarly accidently beaconed Unicron. Alpha Trion is a first generation transformer and was a key to awakening him as was the shell of the matrix this may a massive clue to issue 6. Also Ultra Magnus has a Optimus prime clone called 'cab' in his toy. Im not sure if he went into stasis lock (fainted) or died but its quite possible his outward appearence is like body armor. Optimus has called him brother for a while maybe theres something beyond being a war brother and maybe they both share the matrix, we didnt see it in war within but what about a untold tale.
That 'ancient cybertronian' Optimus read on the door in may have been a warning Shockwave failed to heed. (something like 'no entry for those with the matrix' or 'out of order')
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I'm rather pleased with this issue like with this whole mini. Of course level of art still varies and there's not much happening and not much too read, but I guess this won't change so I see two possibilities: either quit reading or be 'happy' with that what I get since I won't get more. I choose the latter.

I think Shockwave plan's definitely not to awaken or lure old horn-ball. Uni was just floating around and planning his breakfast and suddenly *zip* The Matrix energy passes by. I see a cliffhanger at the end of next issue, something like the last page of 'The Void'.

So what's up with Scourge? Will we see of him yet? And get know where did he come from? Hope so, cause I hate loose ends. And there are going to be many here from what I see. I just hope writers won't forget about some sub-plots which have been started.

The last page was interesting. Did somebody else have the impression that Ultra Magnus is opening his chest plate? So, got some surprise there, UM? A shiny powerful sacred object maybe?

Why Brad Mick or Pat Lee isn't answering the letters in letter pages? It would be better since the guy who does it has a little knowledge of what's going on with issues. On the question about Blaster tapes he says we have to wait to see them. But three of them show up this issue. Hmm. :)

And in the end we have teaser for next issue. ' ...one of the Trabsformers underges an ultimate transformation'. Can you say Rodimus Prime? :D
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

only one thing i think you fergot....

Starscream tosed Megs out in to deep space (just like the movie) and Unicron needs a herald so im betting on megs getting a purple paint job.
If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Or what if Shockwave was to turn into Galvatron? The Matrix could easily improve his body structure and give him a new personality. Now that would be a good plot twist!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I don't like idea of getting rid of Megatron just after seven issues.
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Actually, Blitzwing, that is a great idea. Many Transfans have always wanted to see who would win or outwit the other Decepticon leader: Megatron or Galvatron. Allowing Shockwave to use the Matrix may very well open up new plots. How can Decepticons use the Matrix of Leadership? Can any Transformer use the Matrix. What about Rodimus Prime? (Once again) Who would win, Megatron or Galvatron?

I am really open to seeing that, but then again that would contradict the fact that Galvatron is Mgatron reformatted. Either way, I am very pleased with this issue and am very excited about the next upcoming issue.
Life's too short to worry...

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

I've just read it

Shockwave beats Prime, the idea alone is absurd. Only Megatron/Galvatron could ever come close to doing that. I think Shockwave's overrated. It started with beating Megatron, and now this.

It wasn't even sneaky, just full frontal combat :S

Then another thing, I'm really getting afraid that they are trying to dump Prime and Megatron. Well if they do that, DW version of G1 will go down with them. I'm hoping they learned something of the original cartoon

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

SHockwave overrated? You obviously have not picked up Lagacy of Unicron. Shockwave gets his head handed to him, via Deathshead.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Ballplayer
Shockwave beats Prime, the idea alone is absurd. Only Megatron/Galvatron could ever come close to doing that. I think Shockwave's overrated. It started with beating Megatron, and now this.

Actually, it's pretty normal Shockwave's behaviour if you ask me.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Prime had a huge gash in his side and was fighting against the Sentinals for who knows how long. It makes sense that he would run out of gas by the time he finally made it to Shockwave.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Besides, Shockwave's a heavy hitter. Why does it have to be Megatron/Galvatron, who can only beat Prime?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I was thinking about something last night.

I've heard in threads like this about how issues in this series (Scourge's appearance being the major one) that might not be resolved in the final issue next month.

Then I remembered that the ad for the ongoing series mentioned that "Omega Supreme is uniting the Transformers against Unicron."

In light of #5, I think that this series is supposed to lead into the ongoing one. I wouldn't be surprised if the final panel of #6 is a shot on Unicron on his way to Cybertron.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Then I remembered that the ad for the ongoing series mentioned that "Omega Supreme is uniting the Transformers against Unicron."

There was an add for the new ongoing G1 series somewhere? Or are you talking about the add for G1 V2 that was in Toyfare?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
There was an add for the new ongoing G1 series somewhere? Or are you talking about the add for G1 V2 that was in Toyfare?

There was an ad in some magazine a while ago (I think it was Toyfare. Could have been Wizard. I don't remember.) Anyways, it listed the Tf comic releases for 2003. Along with "War And Peace" and "More Than Meets The Eye", it also mentioned the ongoing series (then said to be released in October) that said Omega would be uniting the TF's against Unicron.
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Well maybe the idea of Shockwave being really powerful isn't absurd cause he was in the Marvel run. But I think I'm too cartoon fixed for it so it just bothered me.

I do hope Prime comes back and kicks ass, cause killing Prime off right now is a mistake. The should wait before they do this, and if they do he should also make a comeback.

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed