Energon Prime / Megatron figures......

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It could be... *gasp* a Transformers series without a Megatron...

Be the only revolutionary thing about it, anyway...
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

It could be... *gasp* a Transformers series without a Megatron...

Be the only revolutionary thing about it, anyway...
Heretics, how dare they. I'll have them burned for that!;)
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Denyer
It could be... *gasp* a Transformers series without a Megatron.....

Hehe - not likely. After all, those now knowing Transformers usually at least remember the names Optimus and Megatron.
Scorponok isn´t that well known.

And since Hasbro only cares about it´s customers (money), they´re going to do anything that might help increase sales.
Using unknown names sure doesn´t.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

Yeah i'm not diggin this Energon Version of Prime.. his body is way to huge and his legs and to small.. IMO they just need to bring back the G1 guys and leave it like that... Hasbro is really tryin to cash in on the TF name.. damn hasbro

and besides when is this Energon Show coming out... and when does it take place
One shall stand, One shall fall...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Actually, I'd really like to see a tf series that's radically different. No OP or Megs. I think it's a step in the right direction that they've got the autobots outnumbered.
I'd just like to see a series that takes everything we thought we knew about the tfs, and dumps it into a shredder.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Fugly.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Actually, I'd really like to see a tf series that's radically different. No OP or Megs. I think it's a step in the right direction that they've got the autobots outnumbered.
I'd just like to see a series that takes everything we thought we knew about the tfs, and dumps it into a shredder.

I could go for that ... *sigh* this series better have a good comic series and a good Cartoon to make up with this ... Toy ine, if thats what you want to call it ... still i will be getting the series ... i just hope that the Second wave will be good ...

*sigh*:(
Lord Megatron
Protoform

Post by Lord Megatron »

Megatron comes into Energon later on.

The mouh in the faceplate is only in product, as in the show it'll be a full faceplate for battles but when they are not fighting it will be like that. Pretty gay isn't it?

Energon should air in Late Jan/Early Feb 2004 on Cartoon Network.

The toys are scheduled to be released this December, probably just the basic and deluxe figures. Plan to see the first wave out by January.

Fortress Maximus has be re-trademarked. Rumors say he'll return in Energon and be in the Supreme size range.
Grimlocktank
Protoform

Energon

Post by Grimlocktank »

[URL=http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!newsite/im ... _tfg1b.gif]:wall:

THIS ENERGON IS ****.. i mean honestly people... look at what transformers was turning into near the end of the G1 years... what are those people at Hasbro thinking!? they should scrap everything and base the new transformers line off of Transformers the war within comic and.... if you look at energon prime.. Doesnt he look like one of those pregnant women in a preggo dress? little legs.. big fat body.. someone.. shoot me.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Energon Megs is going to show up later in the series. It was said that he would show up in a toy magazine (probably Toyfare, closer to Novemeber). Remember when Armada first was rumored, it said that Megs was the decendant of Megatron? I wonder if they'll do that for this one, or if he'll be the Armada Megatron.

As for the Unicron repaint - I hope not. Fans waited almost 20 years for this guy, I hope and pray we don't see 9 million versions of him. If they want another unicron out there, Release the BW Neo version, he's different and very nice looking.

Paladin Prime - Yeap, that's what it was, thanx :D
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

You're welcome. That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it, too.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Still, it's a decent mold with good influences (I like the G2\BW II Starscream)

I'm courious - Starscreams being labeled as an "Energon Ghost", obviously playing off the un-killable Starscream from G1\BW. I want to see how that plays out and if they do it right. But I guess this means that Screamer dies at the end of Armada :(
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, I like that mold a lot.

If he has to die, I think it would be preferable to see him die as a hero, seeing how he seems to have a good spark, despite his decepticon programming. Like Ulticron mentioned earlier, he's very reminiscent of Dinobot in a way, and I think that a death with as much meaning as Dinobot's death would not only be a credit to him, but it would be deserved. Afterall, he only betrayed the autobots because they suspected him of something he had not done, and therefore, drove him to do it in a way.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Yes, a heroic death at the end, saving the kids (shudders, would be better if he failed) from the evil Unicron and all that stuff.

But with the writing and the way they handled Smokescreens death, I don't think it will come off half as good as the end of "Code of Hero"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

In some ways, there wasn't much they could do with Smokescreen. He's not really as much of a well-developed character as Starscream is, and they were only destroying his old body so that they could hock a new toy.

With Starsceam, we get to see a character, torn between his good spark and his evil programming. In a way, he was right when he said "There is no right choice" in Rescue because there is no right choice for him. With one option, he went against his programming, adn with the other, he went against his spark. With that decision, he chose to go against his programming, which was the lesser of the two evils for him. In Crack, he made a choice that went against his spark because he really didn't have a choice, seeing as the autobots didn't trust him.

Which brings me to another point. The trust that the autobots placed in him (aside from OP, who seemed to always trust him) varied from episode to episode. In one episode you'd find that the autobots, who had defended him in the previous episode had now become his accusers, and his accusers became his defenders. In such a confusing atmosphere, where no one could consistently trust him, does it seem logical to side with such people? Of course not.

We know that Starscream cares not only about the minicons, but also for the kids.

What do we know about Smokescreen in comparison to Starscream? Not much. He's a soldier, and he obviously isn't too well trained, as displayed int eh eopisode, Decisive Battle, he seems to just take the brunt of the obstacle course, not even bothering to dodge anything. He just plows right through.

It would be a crime to give Starscream a death on the same level as Smokescreen (as much as I like Smokers because I'd prolly do the same thing with the obstacle course. It's just that Screamer is more interesting).

EDIT: Is it just me, or does Smokescreen's destruction almost seem useless, seeing as they end up losing the requiem blaster anyway? Had he died, it would have been in vain.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

And that's why I didn't like that ep. For all the sad images at the end, and the attempt at the heroic death, it was all .......... pointless. He lost the minicons, lost his life for absolutly nothing. At least Dinobot won the day, at the cost of his life. He gave the ultimate sacrifce to save the day, beat the bad guys and save all time. Smokescreen died and ...... well he just died.

That's why I'm afraid of what they'll do for Screamer. Some cheezy death, that while it may look good, serves no real purpose. Anyway - Should he croak (probably) which side will he be on? He's listed as a Decepticon, but that's because he was always one and an Autobot named Starscream would be just..... Wrong. Or is there the makings of what Ghost Starscream had with Unicron in G1?
bruticus-kaos
Protoform

Post by bruticus-kaos »

everyone always says starscream as a ghost for energon series .... but i havent seen any actual proof that he will be a ghost ..... everything always just says starscream .... what am i missing? is there any proof or is this just rumors that screamer dies in armada and is a ghost in energon?
Grimlocktank
Protoform

Post by Grimlocktank »

Does anyone have proof that starscream dies? And wouldnt it be awesome if ole starscream was the leader of the cons for energon? and megatron comes around in the middle of the season to regain his throne!:smokin:
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

In all the stuff I read from botcon\otfcc (and people who went, some back up please) - They said that he was an "Energon Ghost" - as to him dying and what not, read up a little earlier and you'll see that I said it was all speculation. Honnestly I have no idea beyond the "Energon Ghost" and what I have read. What that entails I have no idea, I was just tossing out ideas.
Grimlocktank
Protoform

Post by Grimlocktank »

I think that Smockscreen is gunna be the ghost, and starscream will be the leader of the Cons.. nuff said.