[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Chapter 1- Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade jumped back and Stratus nearly fell off off his perch on Aero Blade's shoulder, both absolutely started by Wreck-Gar's outburt. Oh man, this guy's volitile! I got stuck with the local crazy! Aero Blade thought with alarm.

Stratus recovered his perch on Aero Blade's shoulder, screeching loudly at Wreck-Gar with agitation. Realize his partner might go flying off the pan-handle - more or less literally - Aero Blade put up a hand to block Stratus from doing anything hasty. Stratus looked out from between Aero Blade's fingers, growling loudly at Wreck-Gar. "I'll stare at whatever I want to, ya walking pile of scrap!!" Stratus snapped in minicon.

Aero Blade grimaced, worridly trying to figure out a solution to this situation. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those days...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sunstreaker watched Aero Blade try to deal with Wreck-Gar with a small grin.

"Oh boy.... You'd think Aero Blade with all the abilities to be an actor would understand TV talk"
~~

Blaster walked over to Metroplex looking at the large entrance with a smile. "It's good to be back ol' buddy" he mutters patting the outter wall and walking into the city-bot.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Dem's fightin' words!" Wreck-Gar said, raising his balled hands. "All right, Nelson. Put up yer dukes!"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"How about NOT fighting and try to work this out another way!?" Aero Blade asked, backing up another couple of steps. "Cut it out, Status!" Aero Blade scolded at a much lower tone to his minicon partner. Stratus gave a low growl, but cooperated. He settled down to sitting on Aero Blade's shoulder, but still cast an icy glare at Wreck-Gar. Once Stratus was settled he glanced over, noticing Sunstreaker. Well, doesn't he look like he's enjoying himself... Aero Blade thought with slight irritation, but he blew it off. He nearly lost his temper once before by letting Sunstreaker bother him, but he wasn't going to let it happen again. Aero Blade turned back to Wreck-Gar, his sense of nervous anxiety returning. I've got a worse problem to deal with anyways...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"I'M JUST KIDDIN'!" Wreck-Gar said, smiling at both Aero Blade and Stratus.

"You know? A joke? Joke: Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter, something not in earnest, or ridiculous."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade sighed, sagging alittle, sounding very tired. Yep, it was gonna be one of those days. He just hoped his processor didn't go into overdrive trying to figure out Wreck-Gar. After a moment, Aero Blade took a breath, then straightened up. If they were going to be on the same patrol, he was going to have to.

"So..where are you from?" Aero Blade asked, once again attempting to start some kind of understandable conversation. Stratus had calmed down to mild irritation, but he no loner expressed any interest in the Junkion, and quite pointedly avoided looking at Wreck-Gar completely.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Well," Wreck-Gar said. "I come from a planet about 92 light years and two solar systems away. But now I'm here because the Autobots need to have some outside help to keep their ratings above normal, because their storylines were getting a bit stale."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade stared blankly at Wreck-Gar for several moments. I'm gonna need some help with this guy's dialect.... Aero Blade decided, having not understood much of what Wreck-Gar had said. He looked around a bit helplessly, his eyes resting on Dirge. They were assigned to the same patrol, and hopefully he understood Wreck-Gar..

"Uh, Dirge....?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Metroplex Security Office:

Nightbeat: -walks in, taking in the decor and Ironhide's mood all at once- "Looks like something out of Star Trek in here."

Ironhide: -staring at the security monitors- "Nnn."

Nightbeat: -drops into the second desk chair, props feet up on desk, crosses arms behind head, looks over at Ironhide- "I should think you'd be happy with something to do now."

Ironhide: -dejectedly- "Ah am. Can't ya tell?"

Nightbeat: "Frankly, no. What's your problem, anyway?"

Ironhide: "Everthing feels..... wrong."

Nightbeat: "Wrong?"

Ironhide: "Fer th' last ten or so years 'fore th' attack on th' shuttle in 2005, Ah could feel somethin' in mah rahght knee was actin' up. Doc Ratchet never found a problem. Ah kahnda got used ta it..... it's gone now. Ah miss it. But th' whole world feels lahke that, too. Lahke Ah jus' ain't connectin' on awl th' levels."

Nightbeat: "You were dead for a while and missed out on a few things. You didn't think everything would be the same after you woke up, did you?"

Ironhide: "Naw, an' Ah knew it wouldn't..... still some part'a me was hopin'...."

Nightbeat: "It took us a while to get Hosehead reorientated after the Unicron incident, and he was dead for maybe a week. Death'll do that. So don't panic if you feel out of place right now. You'll get over it." -chuckles, holds out hand- "Five cents, please."

Ironhide: -looks puzzled- "What'd'ya want fahve cents fer?"

Nightbeat: -sighs- "Culture reference. Never mind, I'll explain it later." -points at monitors- "So what do we do here, anyway?"

Ironhide: -goes back to watching the monitors with one optic and punching in commands into the desktop computer terminal and reading the info he's calling up with the other- "Keep a optic sensor on things."

Nightbeat: "Lovely. I knew I should have brought a book....."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Spinister double-clicked his comm in acknowledgement of StarBlade's comment, but otherwise made no reply. He continued in silence as he approached Metrotitan.
Ramjet continued to loosely follow StarBlade towards the city.
Crosshairs frowned slightly as he heard his assignment.
Guard duty with Bluestreak, eh?
The Targetmaster tried to remember what he knew about the other Autobot. It wasn't much.
He's talkative, I remember that. Other than that... He gave a mental shrug. I'm sure I'll get to know him better on duty. Hopefully I'll be able to work well with him, though.
Swoobot
Protoform

Post by Swoobot »

OOC- I am very sorry for my absence lately, I have school to deal with...Anyways...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Affirmative Optimus!! I already have some of us Aerialbots patrolling....I will have the rest out in the sky before you say Silverbolt!", said Silverbolt. *Com-link* All Aerialbots prepare for perimeter patrol!! Everyone report in once you are in position!

All Aerialbots- *Com-link* Affirmative Silverbolt.

The Aerialbots were now all reported in and patroling the area arouind Fortress Maximus.

*Com-Link* Optimus, we are currently patroling a 5 mile circumference perimeter! Please contact me for any further order.
Storm
Protoform

Post by Storm »

Corridor leading to conference room

Getaway was still waiting for end of meeting, lost in his thoughts when his comm link opened.

Slapdash:"Getaway we are approaching at Fort Max"-pause-"and what with...you know...are they... dead?"

Getaway: "No, they are functional, but Magnus is in bad shape. I hope our medic team will repair him soon"

Slapdash:-with relief-"That is good news but now I have bad news,"-with resignation-"we didn't manage to stop assassin, he had air support...This was mission impossible."I must watch this film again.

Getaway: I shouldn't have sent them there with out air support!"Are you all right?"

Slapdash:"I'm fine, Joyride was hit by rocky sliver in his arm-minor damage"

Getaway:Why I didn't do it myself?Why I risked their live?Thanks Matrix that they are functional"We will meet in medbay."-doors to conference room opens-End of meeting.-"Getaway out."

Getaway enters room and walks over to Optimus Prime:

Getaway:"Sorry for my absence on this meeting but we were trying to stop assassin. With out permission I ordered Joyride and Slapdash to chase him but they were surprised by decepticon backup. Assassin escaped. We also found deactiveted Broadside-that's all"
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

(OOC - who's supposed to be running the dinos?)

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Nice to know that Dinobots acknowledged...."

Grimlock was more than subtly annoyed that he'd been missed in Prime's "great" speech.

"Guess we get to make our impact out on battlefield..."
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc- Dinos were mentioned. Dai is picking up Slag, Swoop and Snarl's player hasn't posted in ages. I think it's RBison.

Trailbreaker was just getting to the meeting when it appeared to have adjourned from the individuals begining to file out. Nevertheless, he edged his way inside the doorway, hoping to figure out what he had missed.

Smokescreen had been a bit surprised when Stratus ran back across his shoulders, but he didn't have time to consider it as the assignments were given out.
He took a quick glance around the room sensed unease but only mild hostility over Dirge and then stepped forward to wait for the humans.

Mirage left medbay uncertainly. He couldn't do any more for Ultra Magnus, and it took him a little while to figure out the corridors of the city were emptier than they usually were. After checking the security terminals, he realized he had missed another communication and headed for the meeting room.

Inferno lay quietly on the medical table waiting silently while Ratchet worked on Quick Switch. He watched the ceiling panels, lost in thought. He knew the security director job was stressful, and often built up anxiety. It seemed to cause unpredictable behavior in the job tenders. This one certainly needed the aggression release- he had been pent up too long and the aggressive nature had to come out, but Inferno hadn't expected the verbal attack. Quick Switch's words had bit in, laced with truth. His thoughts drifted from the fight back to Red Alert, completely unaware of the pain signals from the nearly severed shoulder.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Metroplex Security Office:

Ironhide: -turns full attention to terminal, looking up occasionally, starts to smile as he types-

Nightbeat: -looking at an area schematic on the monitor on his desk, leaps to feet- "Back in a few. I forgot to check in with Minerva. Have to tell her she's coming over here, after all."

Ironhide: -looks up- "Rahght. An' see if ya c'n get 'em ta launch some Skyspahes, wouldja? Them mountain's give us a wall at our backs, but that don't mean th' Decepticreeps'll let that stop 'em."

Nightbeat: "And what are you going to be doing?"

Ironhide: -grins what would fall under the heading of an innocent grin if it wasn't so obvious that he was up to something- "Jus' doin' mah job, kid."

Nightbeat: "That's what worries me. Back in a bit, pops." -walks out, heading for Fort Max's medbay-
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Re: (OOC - who's supposed to be running the dinos?)

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

ON THE FLOOR...

Awakening from what felt like a verrrrry long slumber, Slag slowly opened his eyes. He was aware of a dull thudding to his head...what the hell was that thudding?! As the blurriness cleared from his dreary eyes, a shimmering grey shape came into focus....Grimlock's torso...BANG

Grimlock was smashing Slag over the head in an effort to wake the lazy triceraptops.

"Wake up! SLAG!"

BANG

"I awake leader Grimlock!" Slag shouted at the Tyrannosaurous, who had by now stopped bashing him over the head.

"What we do now?" he said, awaiting his illustrious leaders' instructions.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fortress Maximus:

Minerva: -nods to herself as she closes up Ultra Magnus- "There we go, Chromedome. Once the repair systems of the table finish with the work I started stabilizing his lazer core, he'll be ready to go."

Chromedome: "Good." -looks around, sees Inferno- "There's your next patient, doctor."

Minerva: -walks over to Inferno- "Quick Switch sure did a number on you, didn't he, Inferno?

Chromedome: "I'm going to go check on our guests." -leaves medbay, heading for brig-

Nightbeat: -walks in, sees Minerva- "Hey, sis. The assignments have come down. We're going to be in Metroplex..... And call it a hunch, but I've got a feeling we're going to be a backup triage unit."

Minerva: -checking Inferno's shoulder- "What abour Chromedome?"

Nightbeat: "We're the only two being shipped over to Metroplex. The rest of our little group of dimention travelers stays here."

Minerva: "Even Siren and Hosehead?"

Nightbeat: -nods, then shrugs- "That's why I have a feeling we're going to the fallback base. We seem to be getting more doctors."

Minerva: -sighs- "Do you think this means we'll finally be assigned actual quarters?"

Nightbeat: "I hope so. What I don't know is whether or not Metroplex is equipped for Headmasters or not. Either way, I'm going to sout up some quarters for us in Metroplex. Got any preferences?"

Minerva: "A shower and a window." -knowing Muzzle's influence on Nightbeat's personality, quickly adds- "And beds, furniture, charging units, etc."

Nightbeat: "Must you spoil my fun?"

Minerva: "In this case, yes."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Suddenly hearing himself addressed, Inferno jolted himself out of his memories and rolled his head to the side to see Minerva had come over. He rapidly glanced over at Quick Switch, but thankfully Ratchet was still busy, then looked back to Minerva. He waited until Nightbeat, Muzzle and Minerva had finished speaking and then chuckled.

"Quarters got overlooked again huh? Usually happens, but you'll need 'em. Nightbeat, you oughtta be able ta find human quarters for Muzzle and Minerva on the first floor Right Leg, hall E. That's where Spike had his family homed up before. There are human quarters here too, they're just a lot higher up. There are showers and stuff, no worries there. Right above the quarters are storage areas, but they'll prolly be empty. Across the hall would be a couple mid-sized autobot quarters. Bumblebee to my size. Should suit you all well."

He paused and then laughed to distract himself from the sudden stinging senstion that rushed through his shoulder.

"Quick- yeah, he's the darndest talented fighter this side of Optimus and Warpath. Don't rightly think I could tackle him again when he's full up- whatta fighter! *He got an impressed look, and then turned it to a serious face.* Be careful though Minerva. Security directors go all funny when there's been attacks. They get aggressive... defensive. They got to ta do their jobs, and Quick is a warrior first. 'Course, you oughtta know already. You too Nightbeat, Muzzle. I made that mistake once long ago- don' assume they want help even if they're hurt and don' have their wits about 'em ta get fixed. *He grinned* Ask first, then make 'em sit still if they won' listen."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster walked into the Commander's office of Metroplex and scanned around it. Not much had changed from the old Metroplex. He grinned remembering the times he'd sit in here for hours on end not doing anything other then listening to music when Ultra Magnus wasn't around.

"Magnus" Blaster whispered thinking about his comrade and friend for a second before turning. He was most likley going to be at his other station for when Magnus is around; the crow's nest.

~~

Bluestreak hadn't gotten word of his job from the roster duty. Instead he was sitting outside on Fort Max's ramp right by where the three Autobots had falled earliar. There were pools of oil and energon in a few places, concentrated amounts of it where they eventually fell to the ground. He stared at the one that laid where Magnus fell the flash backs of his home city being devestated by the Decepticons. The prospect that a Decepticon could do that to three of the best Autobots scared Bluestreak, a lot. He had no idea why he was sitting out in the open, too scared to move. The thought of an all out Decepticon attack made things even worse on him, he didn't want to fight in that. Especially not after what he saw happened to the those three.

~~

Sunstreaker was driving as fast as he could to the westward outpost, hopefully there would be a place he could just sit back and touch up his knicked paint job thanks to this unpaved road.

Damn earth terrain
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

"A few kilometers..." Optimus said quietly as he studied the jammer.

"Jazz, take Slapdash and Streetwise with you. I want you three to begin combing the area on foot for any more humans, but do your best not to let them injure themselves. Take Swoop as well for overhead spotting. We must make certain that there are no further communications interruptions."

Then Optimus turned to Getaway. "The important thing Getaway, is that through teamwork, you were all able to drive the Decepticon away, and now Joyride and Slapdash are back safely, even if Joyride was slightly damaged. I hope Raindance also returns safely. We will deal with the Decepticon menace shortly. First though, we must prepare ourselves."

"Grimlock, I feel that a fence perimeter for the humans is not enough. I'd like two dinobots to stand guard within each base."

"Now... Silverbolt, please expand the range to 50 air miles. Tell your crew to be on the lookout for incoming flyers or transformers on the ground. We can't have another assassin attack."
---------------
Wheeljack looked at the list that Perceptor and Professor Stall had and rifled through bottles and boxes. Minutes later, he gave the entire list of ingrediants to them. "There ya go! That's the last of some of those supplies though, so tell the crew to use them sparingly. Lucky thing I had some left!"
---------------
ooc: Swoobot, you may pick up at Ratchet any time.:)

Ratchet was just finishing with Quick Switch. "You're all patched up now Quick Switch. Your systems are reading clearly and the last of the internal damage will be fixed by your internal repair systems within a few minutes. It's a good thing you've got a tough hide Quick."

Ratchet came around and looked Quick Switch straight in the optics.

"Now, I want you thinking clearly before you go out again. There's a lot to do, and we're all counting on each other. If you want to really protect Prime, you'll protect the others that are helping to protect him, you and everyone else. Understand?"
----------------
In another operating room in medbay, Brainstorm, Crosscut and Patch were working steadily on Prowl.

Crosscut: "Drive shaft is repaired, but the core of it took damage- almost all the mech fluid is out. That'll be a few days down."

Patch: "Battery's replaced, got the hoses replaced, fuel line's repaired, radiator is repaired, amazing the shot didn't hit the central processing unit.

Brainstorm nodded and watched a computer readout. "The shot wasn't meant to kill him any more than the one that hit Quick Switch was. The intent was to keep them down and busy while the shooter escaped. Prowl's repair systems are abnormally drained. Very strange. Still, they're begining to start their work. His files have indicated this before, but stress is the only note listed for cause."

Crosscut: "Maybe we should check all of the officers."

Patch: "You wanna try and get them to stay put?"

Crosscut: *finishes with a welding scalpel* "Good point. How long before he's conscious?"

Brainstorm: "Leaving his systems on auxilary to the medical computers, maybe an hour. It'll be a couple days before he's able to move back to normal duties though."

Patch: "He's gonna be real happy about that!"

Crosscut: "Not slaggin' likely."

Brainstorm shook his head. "No, but let's get him set to stay put for a while. Get him a computer terminal and he should be able to do quite a bit from here. That should do for now."