Which Prime/Convoy was the greatest hero?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.

Most heroic leader

G1 Prime
45%
Optimus Primal
17%
Rodimus Prime
28%
Armada Prime
No votes
Lio Convoy
No votes
Big Convoy
3%
Fire Convoy
No votes
God Ginrai
3%
Star Saber
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 29

Wildfire Herald

Which Prime/Convoy was the greatest hero?

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Which leader in any of the series do you think was the most heroic?

G1 Prime sacrificed himself to save Autobot city and concievably all nearby humans.

Primal protected both prehistoric humanity and the slumbering Autobots and Decepticons aboard the Ark and even the timestream itself, then later sacrificed himself to save Cybertron from Megatron.

RiD Prime/ Fire Convoy did well...not a whole lot...

Lio Convoy (with Convoy's help) defeated Maijin Zarak, a weapon the Destrons could have caused serious damage with.

Big Convoy destroyed Unicron, the greatest threat Transformers ever faced, of course so did Rodimus Prime and concieveably, so will Armada Prime.

I don't know enough about the Japanese series to comment on Star Saber, Star Convoy, God Ginrai, etc.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Rodimus, no doubt.
The others all are heroes by birth, he only was by accident.
While the others had confidence and KNEW they could do it, he had doubts, and yet, IMO, managed to do a good job.

It´s no great thing to be a hero when you are confident and strong and brave.
Try being a hero without all that.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Exactly. Despite his hangups, he always rose to the occasion when the time was right.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

God Ginrai as well. He was just a trucker who's truck started to like him. He then has to become the leader in a massive war.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

They all suck. But Im going to chose Op, because I want to, and I dont know anything about the other ones.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

LOL! :D
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Optimus Primal, by virtue of having defeated the most competant villian. Also because he had to put up with Cheetor & Co. for so many years...
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

I picked G1 Optimus Prime. I though no one was so heroic and badass at the same time.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Dragon Warrior Steve
I picked G1 Optimus Prime. I though no one was so heroic and badass at the same time.

Same here!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

Hands down... G1 Prime has it all the way.. man he was the best.. I also think he had the best voice also... nothing beats the G1 Prime...:smokin:
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Cyberman
Rodimus, no doubt.
The others all are heroes by birth, he only was by accident.

So he wasn't the Autobot to rise from the ranks and light their darkest hour but the Matrix accidentally opened for him. Right.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

The greatest Hero....
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Blaster
So he wasn't the Autobot to rise from the ranks and light their darkest hour but the Matrix accidentally opened for him. Right.

Yeah, right - mechanical breakdown. Galvatron probably broke it. ;-)

No, seriously. What I meant was that he never really WANTED to be the leader/hero - it never was HIS decision.

Optimus was created as a thoughtfoul leader-like person, Hot Rod was - well, Hot Rod.
And then suddely he was forced to be Rodimus Prime.
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

Maybe Roddie was never intended to be a Prime after all he only gave it up 2 or 3 times ,and never once do you see him complain after he is returned to Hotrod form.

Really think about...... it the Matrix is Heaven/Primes or something like that, sort the last vestige of the god of the transformers . At the time that Hotrod opened it he was the only Autobot around , and technically the only Cybertronin if you concedrer Galvatron was 'part' of Unicron, the ancient enemy of primus, not very likely to help to destroy his master.
If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

So what you're trying to say is that Hot Rod was just in the wrong place at the wrong time (or in the right place at the right time, depending on your point of view)?

I beg to differ. Hot Rod, whatever one may think of him, was destined to open the Matrix, it wasn't "by accident." Haven't you noticed that in the scene where the Matrix is passed on to Ultra Magnus, it briefly lights up when Hot Rod holds it in his hands? If that wasn't foreshadowing, what is?
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Arcee
...Hot Rod, whatever one may think of him, was destined to open the Matrix, it wasn't "by accident...

Well, the problem is that the cartoon writers weren´t destined to think before writing. And the general public (i.e. the kids) didn´t like the idea of their beloved hero(Prime) dying, so they had to bring him back.

IOW: We will never know what could have been, because Rodimus was never allowed to grow to his full potential(like in the comics).
PityAutobotsCantFly
Protoform

Post by PityAutobotsCantFly »

Yeah I understand what you're saying about Rodimus not wanting it, but if you remember in the film when Optimus gives the Matrix to Magnus he says that he was just a soldier when it was given to him, showing that he wasn't a hero by birth. I vote for Optimus, both Prime and Primal. Because Prime rocked ass, especially when he whupped about half the Decepticon army at the start of the movie, and Primal because of his groovy catchphrase and he stole Prime's head. Oh yeah and, as someone has already said, for putting up with Cheetor, Rattrap, Rhinox and all the other freaks who made up the Maximals. Apart from Silverbolt, who was quite cool for the Beast Wars series. And while I'm on the subject of Beast Wars, Tarantulas rock.
Jak
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Problem is - Optimus prime wasn't a soldier
he was a dock worker name Orion Pax - Damn writers and there not paying attention to anything.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Ultra Magnus: But, Prime, I'm just a soldier, I'm not worthy.
Optimus Prime: Nor was I.

I think Prime says here that, like Magnus, he wasn't worthy getting The Matrix. He doesn't say he was a soldier then.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Yeap, your right

Damn that's what I get for writing while paying attention to other things.

Ozz is always there to point out my mistakes ;)
:glance: