Dinobots why they aren't combiners?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Storm
Protoform

Dinobots why they aren't combiners?

Post by Storm »

Why nobody didn't give Dinobots to combine themselves into something realy big? It would be great support for Autobots.
Such gestalt team could be even more powerfull than any Decept combiner.:eyebrow: [btw:sorry for any mistakes in English-I'm from Poland and I'm stil learning;) ]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Because the Dinobots were based on items from a Japanese toyline which appeared before Transformers — which didn't combine.

Besides... most of the early gestalts became more aggressive or less able to think clearly when combined: the Dinobots would have been more of a threat to the Autobots than anything else. ;)

Welcome to the board, by the way!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

There are Kit-Bashes out there of what the Dinobots would have looked like as Gestalt if you want to look around. I don't know the site but I'm sure it will be on one of the first 10 pages of this forum.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Osku
Protoform

Re: Dinobots why they aren't combiners?

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Storm
Such gestalt team could be even more powerfull than any Decept combiner.:eyebrow: [btw:sorry for any mistakes in English-I'm from Poland and I'm stil learning;) ]

You´re not the first one to think like that. :) There´s even a fan made Dinobot gestalt. I can´t remember the link now, but I guess someone will post it sooner or later.

Welcome to the board.

Oh, and don´t worry about your English. There are lot of people that don´t speak English as their mother language. Also at least your typing is better than some of our long time British members... ;)
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Denyer
most of the early gestalts became more aggressive or less able to think clearly when combined: the Dinobots would have been more of a threat to the Autobots than anything else. ;)

a good point, however, i like to believe they didn't need to. grimlock and his developmentally disabled comrades could take anyone and everyone who came their way on if need be, all without having to combine their power.

admit it. grimlock is on bad mutha....

*shut yo mouth*

i'm just talkin bout grimlock...

*we can dig it*

i'd just like to apologize about that little bit of abnormality in advance.
Hellion
Protoform

Post by Hellion »

Storm
Protoform

Post by Storm »

most of the early gestalts became more aggressive or less able to think clearly when combined: the Dinobots would have been more of a threat to the Autobots than anything else.

But they could build sixth Dinobot- Velociraptor-probably the most intelligent dinosaur everseen- with his inteligence they wouldn't be threat for Autobots. Velociraptor was very fast, had strong razor sharp claws and "mind" able to make advanced plans of attack with other Velociraptors from his pack. Not to mention his hunting instinct-good example: Dinobot from Beast Wars( greatest transformer I have ever seen-his personality)
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I thought i had suggested that once upon a go but it didnt work but now you have got the ball rolling again good for you. anyway the dinobots were created as a line of defence. If they combined together as one an they were all destroyed then the autobots were finished. So they didnt make them combiners
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡
If they combined together as one an they were all destroyed then the autobots were finished.

Nah, they'd still had the Omega dude.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

true but he was introduced later on in series 2. The dinobots were created as backup and defence, and they proved that in Heavy Metal War when the constructicons broke into the Ark trying to destroy Teletron 1
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

Trying to think about what kind of personality the 5 dinobots as a gestalt makes my brain hurt
Strike when the enemy isnt looking.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡
Teletron 1

To quote Rattrap: "It's Teletraan..."
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
ArkonBlade
Protoform

Post by ArkonBlade »

the dinobots merging togeather is a novel idea but as is they made up with there brute strenght and the ability too take any kind of punishment . they wooped devistator in episode #16 and sent him falling along with the rest of the decipticons into a pool of lava . besides the dinobots where so clumsy ( even though i love em) a even bigger one would probubly wreck half the planet. wich makes me wonder one thing who do you think was the strongest combiner ... i think it was the stuntacons when they formed menasaur they seemed too be invincable
WHY WHY WHY!!! why did they have too kill all the autobots in the Transformers 1988 Movie and then replace them with abunch of crappy clones and god awful remakes
liverpoolicus
Protoform

Post by liverpoolicus »

I would like to see an artists impression of this dinobot gestalt if anyone out there is half decent with a pencil and paint:D

before anyone says......yes i have seen the amalgamated toys but it doesnt do them justice realy.
Edo
Protoform
Location: Somewhere in the pinelands of NJ forming his own subgroup of Autobots that run entirely on vodka.

Post by Edo »

Originally posted by Storm
But they could build sixth Dinobot- Velociraptor-probably the most intelligent dinosaur everseen- with his inteligence they wouldn't be threat for Autobots. Velociraptor was very fast, had strong razor sharp claws and "mind" able to make advanced plans of attack with other Velociraptors from his pack. Not to mention his hunting instinct-good example: Dinobot from Beast Wars( greatest transformer I have ever seen-his personality)

Eh, Grimlock would probably get jealous of Velociraptor's intellect and comsume him :eyebrow: :D

I think it was Starscream's Ghost (the member here) that wrote a script that featured the idea of a Dinobot Gesalt team. That was good reading.
"Why don't they just put Marmaduke to sleep?"
- Jake Morgandorpher
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

Originally posted by ArkonBlade
.. wich makes me wonder one thing who do you think was the strongest combiner ... i think it was the stuntacons when they formed menasaur they seemed too be invincable

No way! It's has to be Predaking! All that brute force, agility, aggression, plus animalistic fury and you have yourself a bad mutha! Menasor is ok (dont like it much) and if I have to nominate the second strongest gestalt it'll have to be Abominus or Devastator.
Bruticus13
Protoform

Post by Bruticus13 »

Predaking, your picture rules! Where's it from? And why is Predaking so much bigger than Superion?
"The point is, you're a fool."
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

Originally posted by Bruticus13
Predaking, your picture rules! Where's it from? And why is Predaking so much bigger than Superion?

It's a litograph drawn by Guido. You can find it for sale on Ebay or BBTS. I downloaded online and Weirdwolf & Monzo made the sig for me. As for why the size difference it's entirely up to the artist. Personally I think that makes Pred looks really badass, like the Terminator. ;)
Grendel
Protoform

Post by Grendel »

the pterorlord is kick ass
Beer is good.
Plasmodium

</troll>

Post by Plasmodium »

Because they suck.