[Original RPG] Returns : The Homecoming (part two)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Returns : The Homecoming (part two)

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

(OOC - sorry guys, felt that at 17 pages, that other thread was a bit long)
Aero Blade

Back onboard Jetfire...

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade watched out the viewport window as Jetfire took them to their newest destination. He had so much to think about. Who was this Quick Switch that Hound had mentioned? What was he like? What kind of stuff would Aero Blade have to go through to be allowed to join the autobots here? The more he thought about it, the more nervous he became, but he was still detirmined to join.

He didn't get too much quiet time as a noise reached his audio receptors. It sounded like Riptide making a commotion. Stratus came over and pointed in the direction of all the noise. "I saw Riptide take something, and now she's trying to hurt a human..." the minicon reported.

Aero Blade sighed, picking up Stratus and depositing him on his shoulder. He went over to Dirge's location, obseving the trouble he was having. "I think you'd better calm down, Riptide," Aero Blade started. "We don't need any more trouble, and Stratus tells me he thinks he saw you do something you shouldn't have..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crosshairs nodded as Trailbreaker pointed out the fireflies.
Ah. These 'fireflies' are insects of some sort. I see. But all that self-illumination can't be energy-efficient, can it?
"Nice place," he said neutrally.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

"Men are restless... only the fear of Galvatron keeps them from crossing the edge."

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

A fear only too apparent in most of the troops, I wonder what his real intentions are...

"Is this some sort of allegiance test Bludgeon? A line that I must cross...? Realise one thing Bludgeon, I've followed others for too long now. I will gladly fight alongside you old friend, but take orders from you? Never..."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Fortress responded in kind to skyfall's request...

"Understood then. report to the landing ramp section of the ship... Prime will be their to further brief you... as well as all the others whom will be on the trip"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

"Understood, Fortress. I'll be there momentarlilly."

I wonder which Prime he ment. Any of them would be an honour to meet. Oh wait, didn't hound say something about a matrix leader ...............

Skyfall transformered and landed amongst the gathering group of Autobots. He wandered around in Awe at the Warriors gathered there. Some at the warriors themselves, but mostly at the Sheer size of them.

I wonder how they can get this much energon Z to keep all these Transformers running.

He and Ark managed to walk all the way to the front of the crowd and awaited the "Primes" Arrival.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Riptide stopped squirming and looked up at Aero Blade and Stratus as they landed. She still had the shiney pen instrument in her hand, but seemed to be completely ignoring both it and Stratus. She was more interested in Aero Blade's reation to Daniel, and got a puzzled look. How come he's not 'fraid of the Daniel?
After a moment's thought, she wrinkled her nose and looked down at Daniel again, then up to Aero Blade and then to Daniel a third time. "How come you're not 'fraid of him? Dirger's afraid of him. I'm protecting Dirge. Shasta can squish him and then there won't be no more trouble."

But Shasta shook his head. "I like him, he's not got weapons, so he's okay. See Dirge?" Shasta held him up carefully towards the big seeker with a smile.

Daniel nervously waved at the big Decepticon. "Hey Dirge, I won't bite, dude. Just don't let the half pints squish me or the Autobots'll get mad."
Meanwhile, Sparkplug had finally spotted Daniel with the ensuing commotion. The color drained out of his face and he tried to run, but found his legs were shaking. Spike had also noticed the activity, and the cause for it, and intercepted him halfway over.
"Dad, dad! It's okay. I'll get him. Dirge won't hurt him." But the young ones might. He added to himself silently as he hurried over.

Jetstorm, Sonar and Runway had also been watching the exchange, and Runway hurried over to stand behind Shasta.
Distracted by the sudden departure of Skyfall as they landed, Hound glanced over to where the (now larger) group was gathered. Looks like they're making introductions. It'll be good that the twins learn about humans. They're bound to visit the base.

Then he caught the call for help. From the open rampway, he saw Optimus. Right. First, I need to talk to Prime.
Hound slipped out and headed over to the large Autobot leader, a mix of emotions suddenly starting to flood his mind.
Uncertainly, he slowed and stopped a few paces from his old friend and commander. "Optimus- do you have a moment?"
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Certainly, hound. Pardon me for a moment, ironhide."

Prime steped aside, and took hound with him...

"What can I do for you, hound...?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound followed Optimus a slight distance away and then studied him. Everything had been so clear, and now it's all confused.

With apprehension and finally a flood of built up emotions that began with calm facts and wound up with a desperate and pleading tone, Hound fixed on the Autobot leader.
"Optimus, I know this has been a long war, I know we had to leave, and I've always followed your commands. But Sir, the command for the peace treaty is becoming so difficult to follow. The Decepticons harmed the humans when we left before. We've left Cybertron, and well... we've come back here now to Earth- a mess we left because we had to and a mess the Decepticons feel they own. I couldn't stand to work with the Decepticons before and stayed in Iacon to help rather than being alongside them, and I'm not sure I can work with them now knowing they've broken the peace treaty and killed who knows how many humans... but Optimus, we just can't trust them and we can't leave Earth again! They'll destroy the whole human race and the planet as well. Please, can't we do something about the treaty?"
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Perceptor paused from walking now. Almost through unison, the Protectobots, too, stopped from walking. The Autobot scientist turned to the professor, knowing that this idea and subject was weighing heavily on his mind.

"Professor Stall, believe me, this sort of thing has gone through all of our minds, especially mine. Optimus certainly never wanted to disturb any of the sparks that have already passed into the Matrix, or at least if it wasn't absolutely necessary. Here and now, though, it is. I entrust everything in Optimus Prime's ability in decision-making and leadership, and I truly believe that he would never make a habit out of this, even if he needed to..."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Hound... it's funny you mention that..."

Prime's right hand clenched into a tight fist...

"I've been as tolerant as I possibly can to galvatron's chain of command... Galvatron, himself... I feel I STILL can trust. but those under him... can't be trusted. It's for that reason... that once we find out just what it was that crashed down in that lake... that we join forces with the U.S. Special forces unit, G.I. Joe... and take down both the decepticons... and the despot that's harboring them in his nation."

Prime went silent, glaring up toward the sky... lowering his optics again.. then spoke again...

"That... is a promise."
Scout

Post by Scout »

A surge of power and strength seemed to flow through the area, radiating outwards from the matrix bearer.

It had been a rare moment for Hound - real fear - for the safety of a place and its inhabitants which he loved, but it dissipated just as quickly as the last rays of the sunset left the sky. He felt exhausted briefly as the concern vanished with a glistening drop of coolant... replaced by the relief and confidence that he had been so accustomed to before the war with Unicron.

He watched in silence for a moment, then smiled at Optimus with the true gratitude that he felt, the warmth and ease returning.

Nodding slowly, he quietly murmurred, "Thank you Optimus."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"But first hound... as I said... we NEED to find out what the pit it was that crashed into that lake... A strike force has been assembled... with you as our top scout... I'm asking you... lead the run."

Prime stood silently gazing at his smaller friend... in spite of all the damage hound had sustained... Prime had given him this mission... and it was at that realization that optimus froze...

"No... forget that. You need repaired fully. and I can't risk losing you for any period of time at this point... "

Prime opened his comm...

"Quickswitch... I've a mission for you."
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

With the push of a button Thunderwing was re-armed.

Galvatron: "I trust you understand the price for both failure and for treason?"

Galvatron then turned back to Astrotrain: "Autobots? Pathetic...if we are to reclaim our homeworld, I doubt they have the stuff to do it. For now...we have other things to deal with...Astrotrain...locate Megatron!"

Galvatron's optics glared red as his fists quaked with energy...
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Shockwave arrived at the quarters of Teratron. He knocked, and awaited the command to enter.

Sky Lynx arrived at Fortress.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

Shortly after sending word to Astrotrain of what happened, StarBlade entered the area where Metrotitan had landed. Landing a short distance away and transforming to robot mode, she looked at Metrotitan.

"Geez.... I get stuck on this rock how long looking for my people, then I get home, and have to run from a whole group of five-faced freaks and end up back on this rock. Ah well....I'm sure it could be worse.... It could be Junk...." And with that, StarBlade strode to the entrance of Metrotitan, and entered.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger stood around Metrotitan and laughed.

"Must be a busy day at the office." He laughed then got onto him com-link.

"Lord Galvatron, I await to meet you on Metrotitan. Rather than standing around I will be in the holo-vid training. Just tell me when your ready my lord." He said and walked into the holo-training area.

"Computer, simulation war difficulty ten." He smiled as the room went from the dull steel grey to a lush jungle right before the laser fire broke out. Then Hatemonger was in his natural element, a warzone.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch followed Trailbreaker, feeling skittish and uncomfortable. The Six Changer did indeed examine Earth's landscape...but he couldn't enjoy it.

Where Trailbreaker just saw mountains, Quick Switch sniper positions. All the same, though, he smiled weakly at his chief aide, and friend.

"This terrain is...interesting," replied finally.

And a death trap!

When a coded burst traveled over the Security Director's comm unit, however, he stopped and stiffened, activtating it, and hearing Optimus Prime's words.

"Sir!" he said clearly. "What are your orders?"

At last- ORDERS! I- I'd wondered if Optimus hadn't forgotten- we can't rest, now even for a MICROSECOND-

Astrotrain responded to Star Blade's message over his own comm, smiling broadly.

"Excellent, Star Blade....as usual," he said. Yes, Star Blade was going to be a most valuable addition to Galvatron's forces.

He crossed his arms, watching as Thunderwing was re-armed and released. A bit of the usual aristocratic arrogance seeped back into the Decepticon Pretender.

"Absolutely," Thunderwing said, already trying to preen his ego and make up for the wretched treatment he had undergone. Thunderwing and Astrotrain locked glances for a moment, then both turned to look at Galvatron.

At Galvatron's command, Astrotrain nodded- and spoke to Metrotitan, heavily flanged vocoder earnest:

"Metrotitan...locate Decepticon energy signature...designation: Megatron." The Triple Changer's voice was strained.

Megatron was ALIVE?

"Search query proceeding," Metrotitan rumbled.

Dirge felt things were moving in a bit of a blur. His optics were still wide, and lubricant still broke the sufrace of his blue-and-black metal frame.

Unconciously, he continued to hold Riptide carefully. Finally, he looked back down at the little femme, audio receptors finally hearing Aero Blade, Shasta, and Daniel's own comments.

He smiled wanly.

"Thank you Riptide," he said quietly, "for protecting me." He gave her a little squeeze in acknowledgement. The jet then turned his gaze back to Daniel, and he trembled slightly.

"Put him down, please," he said to Shasta. "Humans are...very fragile."

If it weren't for Riptide, I'd be panicking. Well, I still am panicking because Daniels' RIGHT THERE and...I care for her. A lot. I never thought I could care about anyone...but I care about this little youngling.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Metrotitan, Brig

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Oh no. I am not planning to challenge our chosen leader... the opposite old friend... the opposite." Bludgeon replied to Sixshot, with an amused smile on his face. "I was thinking more upon the lines how to make sure Galvatron stays in command. Decepticons do work better with an imposing figure in power, correct?"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

Recieving Astrotrain's response, StarBlade nodded to herself, and thought, Better not tell him about the little Micromaster who could have slagged me... That wouldn't look good. Especially since it was an Autobot who kept the little creep from doing so.

Opening a link to Astrotrain, she responded, "Do you or Lord Galvatron have any assignments for me? If not, I'll probably find a training room and train some more."