Who is the Strongest Combiner.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
metroprimeus
Protoform

Post by metroprimeus »

(IMO)
cartoon wise, Predaking is the strongest of them, swift and strength combined into one... the brain surprisely sharp considering most of the combiners were rather slow in thoughts.
Defensor is said to have the sharpest brain of them until computron came along.
In "Return of Optimus Prime part 1) Defensor knew better than to fight with a infected superion and retreat... This showed that he could analysis a bit rather than the "fight to the end style of the others... or you can say it as cowardly too...
Superion was quite swift and good fighter too than the likes of Devastor or Menasor. But I found Superion to be arrogant as perhaps the other four aerialbots'personality has taken over the main body and mind of Sliverbot
Omega supreme, (same size) I suspect has the massive and strongest firepowers of them all but then age has caught up with him and he wouldn't last long on one to one combat with the combiners...
At the end, Computron the most intelligent of all the TF would beat them all providing he would withstand the early blasts (time needed to analyse) from them...
But I bet Skylynx would take on and defeat any of the combiners... He did won a couple of battle against Predaking (considered the best of the deceps combiners)
Hang on to your dreams, the Future is built on dreams, Hang on...
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

What I believe that Jetfire 2.1 is saying is that choosing the strongest combiner is merely a matter of preference (or at least that is what I got out of it). Whoever contains what you believe is the best strategy or the most important skill is going to be the strongest. In my opinion, I believe that either Defensor or Computron are the strongest gestalts based on my preference(s).
Life's too short to worry...

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Armorwind
What I believe that Jetfire 2.1 is saying is that choosing the strongest combiner is merely a matter of preference (or at least that is what I got out of it). Whoever contains what you believe is the best strategy or the most important skill is going to be the strongest. In my opinion, I believe that either Defensor or Computron are the strongest gestalts based on my preference(s).

Exactly :)

What I'm saying is fights rarely occur in a ring and deathmatch rules. Look at the differing conditions the TF's fought on:

Desert
Rock
On mountains
On Cliff edges
On the sea
Underwater
In the air
In space
On Cybertron
In jungle
In forests
In icy areas
On icy ground
In swamps
In large caves
In small caves
In a qurrey
On strange terrains on other planets
In cities
In small towns
Grasslands
Oilrigs
On top of buildings
In buildings
On the Moon
On Asteroids
While being pulled in by the gravitional field of juipter.
On American football fields (More than once strangely)

Some fights had a time limit to save the world
Some fights had all the time in the world

Often the autobots had an entire journey to ponder their stragiety
Sometimes they were taken by surprise.
Othertimes both side met by mutural agreement.

Fights could take place in day or night.

All those factors make thousands of possible outcomes. Predaking is unlikely to be better equiped than all the other gestalts in all conditions.And the stragiety? Most fights are won by stragety. Look at the rumble in the jungle. Forman could have killed Ali ,but Ali had a fight stragiety which allowed him to beat Forman. If Defensors fight Stragety is to make heavy use of his force field then its possibly a winning stragiety rather then simply going for mindless violence.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by myee8
Defensor would be a coward to keep hiding behind that silly forcefield and not come out in hand on hand combat. With computron, there often isn't much time to 'think' of a battle plan in the middle of a huge rumble.

Cowardice? Good tactical planning! You know what kind of a soldier running head long into a battle makes? A dead one. No use there. Best tactic - Find some cover and fire out from it. Hell that's what snipers do and they are the most lethal. The fact that he brings his own cover with him is even better

As for a battle plan. A good soldier and warrior does not go charging into battle with out some idea of what's going to happen. You have a plan and a damn good one before you go to battle, then as the battle progresses you constantly change the plan to adapt to the situation at hand. True there isn't thime to STOP and think. But Guns are unthinking killing machines, and completely useless with out a human to direct them and pull the trigger. NO battles in history were ever fought with out a plan. For more insight into this, read "The Art of War" By Sun Tzu. Those 1,000 year old stratagies have never failed.
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Easy question-Abominus.....Yeah, definitely Abominus....:)
"Your brush with greatness is over!"

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
A quote that I stole from someone from somewhere else
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

I'm going with Bruticus. He was always one of my favs. That and the fact that he's made up of all war type veichels made him cool. :D
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Hound

Post by Hound »

I like Devestator, he was the one I had as a kid...
Skull_Cruncher
Protoform

Post by Skull_Cruncher »

I'll say Menosaur he was always my favorite and in the episode "Starscream's Brigade" he took out Bruticus with one punch
Reverend Shrapnel

Post by Reverend Shrapnel »

Abominus. At least tech-spec wise...
I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Flesh Creature
Protoform

Post by Flesh Creature »

PREDAKING