[Original RPG] Returns: The Homecoming

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crosshairs returned Trailbreaker's grin, but found himself confused by the other's comment.
Why would Quick Switch want to see 'fireflies'? You'd think flying fire would damage our armour...
Stryfe heard Snaptrap's shout.
"I'll get Chancre for you," he said. "He's like a doctor, only without the ethics."
Stryfe activated his comlink.
Chancre was busy going over Disorder's final scans when the com call came through.
"What do you want?" he replied with annoyance.
"Get down here," Stryfe's voice replied. "We have a medical emergency."
"Oh, if I must..." Chancre flicked his gaze back towards Disorder.
"I'm sorry I can't stay and chat, but duty calls." His gaze dropped to his scanners, then flicked back to Disorder. "You're fit to return to duty."
Rudely ignoring whatever reply Disorder may have made, Chancre tore out of the medical bay, down the ship's ramp, and towards the injured Deathsaurus.
"So..." the medic aimed his scanner towards the larger Decepticon, "what's his story?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch re-activated with a jolt and lurched slightly in the chamber. He blinked his optics blearily at Trailbreaker for a moment, alarmed expression dissolving into calm.

"Fireflies?" the Six Changer muttered as he stepped out of the chamber.

Dirge smiled slightly at Riptide's comment, and he chuckled, looking down at the little femme.

"Well, maybe as a last resort," he said, shifting Riptide to a new position in his arms and giving her an affectionate hug. "I'm glad you trust me."

It was at this point that Dirge heard a wildly fluctuating human vocal register. He stiffened, and dared to turn his head to the source of the sounds.

The blue jet's red optics widened, and he inadvertently cringed. Lubricant began to stream out of the jet's frame.

"Y-yo?" Dirge rasped. "Dude?"

Oh no. OH NO.

Stall nodded grimly and continued to follow after Perceptor.

"Even so, there are reckonings to this sort of thing that cannot possibly be predicted in the historical record," he whispered. His optics were still wide.

"This...is unprecedented, Perceptor. This...is beyond history...if this becomes standard practice...revivals could very well...nullify history."

The Professor began to tremble.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Jetfire's voice rang through the shuttle speakers. "We're on final approach to Fortress Maximus. Prepare for landing."

"Put up your dukes and I'll show you my nukes!" Riptide squealed in a high pitched voice as she tried to squirm out of Dirge's hands. "Put me down Dirger, I'll protect you!"

Down below, Daniel folded his arms and laughed at the horrified look on the seeker's face. "Cute kid you got there Dirge! I didn't know Decepticons went in for that sort of thing! Say, what's the scoop dude? Why exactly are you here and not being shot at, not shooting the others or in chains? And what's Galvatron up to..."

But Daniel didn't have a chance to finish. Shasta had scooped him up and was holding him very carefully in his cupped hands, studying the teenager. Daniel smiled nervously and then looked back at Dirge and the squirming Riptide. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.
Jetfire was trying his hardest to ignore the cabin chatter as he lowered his landing gear. Ahead of him, the bright landing area lay before him. He set down smoothly and put on his air brakes to come to a gliding halt, and then opened his rampway. "We're here, and good thing too. I'm ready for a night's worth of recharge."

"You've earned it Jetfire." Comettor replied. "We'll all get settled soon."
"This way guys! Prepare to be dazzled." Trailbreaker grinned as he led the way outside, giving Quick Switch a brief tour as they went out. As they left Max, the cooling evening breeze carrying the smell of lupine and bottle sage floated around them and the dusk radiated with the last flickers of fading pastel hues. Sleepy mountain birds gave off their last calls and small twinkling lights appeared and disappeared in random fashion around the depths of the mountain trees.

Trailbreaker smiled. "Mountains are my favourite places. And see all those little flashes? They're fireflies- tiny bugs giving off the light..."
His optics had focused on the big white space shuttle docked over in the distance. "Hey fellas, Jetfire's here."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Victory Saber streaked down through the atmosphere, seeming as a meteor crashing from the sky... leveling off, headed for the crash site...

"He's mine now. All that's left now is to find deszaras."

Victory Saber's jet mode streaked down toward the lake, splitting apart over the lake... combining into the fierce warrior mode of victory saber... coldly he stared down at the submerged form of leokaiser... and slowly descended to the lake surface to retrieve his nemesis...

Back at the maximus, however, the cybertron's arrival hadn't gone un-noticed...

"Who... Wait! It's him again! " Fortress spoke to himself... He'd seen victory saber before on cybertron before his disappearance... but something seemed wrong... very wrong...

" Any available autobots, This is fortress, captain of the battleship maximus. An unidentified transformer has seemingly touched down not far from our present location... I've reason to believe that we may have encountered him before. but we need confirmation. I'm requesting a recon and assault team be assembled to check this out. "

At the entrance to the maximus, Prime heard fortress' announcement... and sighed...

"Slag it. I can't afford to spare many autobots for this one... but... just maybe..."

Prime spoke that as jetfire began setting down...

Opening his comm, he spoke...

"Roadbuster, Nightbeat, and any others on board the maximus that are up for some action... report to the maximus' entry ramps asap. Prime Out."
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade exited the Ark, and didn't see the Autobots. Obviously relieved, she hurried off to a safer distance, then transformed to her jet mode, and took off for Metrotitan.

Part way there, StarBlade opened a commlink to Astrotrain.

"Astrotrain, I was successful in retrieving what I was after, with only a minor encounter with a small group of Autobots. I was challenged at first, then one Autobot, Hound by name, allowed me to retrieve the item so long as I was quick and didn't attack anyone. I am now on my way back to Metrotitan now."
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Upon hearing the braodcast by Fortress, Sky Lynx opened up a channel to him and replied

"Fortress, this is Sky Lynx. I am currently unoccupied and available for your team."

"Thamks for yor time doctor". The comment was to empty space, as Chancre had run out on an emergency call. He got up, and radioed Hatemonger, his commanding officer on Earth.
"Hatemonger, Chancre has observed that I am fit to return to duty. Are there any plans that I should be aware of?"

Overlord was getting sick of Weirdwolf's excuses, and lack of action.
"Isnt your hypersensitive nose picking up this 'monster' of your yet? I'm getting trigger-happy here, and youre the only thing Ive seen recently thats worth shooting."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger got onto his com-link.

"Good to see your back up on your feet, Disorder." Hatemonger smiled.

"Currently I am waiting for Lord Galvatron. You can do what you feel for right now. There should be more Decepticons arriving, if they seem confused show them around. Hatemonger out."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall sat and thought about what Hound had said. He understood where Hound was coming from, and something like Unicron did threaten the entire universe. But he could not grasp why they allowed Earth to fall into the Decepticons hands. Perhaps it was because he had never seen Cybertron. It was a planet long dead in his universe, though there were talks of rebuilding it. But Earth was his home, and it made him a little irrational when he thought of it being abandoned. Maybe he was seeing it wrong, and it certianly wasn't Hound's or any of the Autobot's that were with him's fault.

As Jetfire set down, he had Omega land to the far side of the Maximus, to avoid any problems or misunderstandings. He got out and looked around the encampment. He recognized the form of Maximus, though only out of legend. As he and Ark wandered around, he heard the call from Fortress.

This sounds like it might be interesting, I wonder, that sounds about the same area as that signal we saw earlier. Well, might relive some frustration anyway.

"Hound. I'm going to go check it out. I can provide some scouting power, and back up if they need it. And anyway, with the might of the Autobots here, one lone Robot couldn't cause too much of a problem. I'll be back for introductions later."

Before the older Autobot could awnser, Skyfall leapt into the air, transformed and flew off to where the other Autobots were gathering, with Ark following closely behind.

"Fortress, this is Skyfall, an Autobot. I'm on my way, I'll give you all the help I can."
RBison
Protoform

Post by RBison »

Swoop and Snarl, who were on their way to Maximus, heard the message.

"I wouldn't mind some action" Snarl said. I'm getting bored allready and I think that Grimlock will be there too."

"If there is action, Grimlock will be there" Swoop replied. "It seems that we are getting to do something afterall. I was wondering what we were going to do on Earth. You knwo what's going on?"

"No, but let's find out!"

Swoop and Snarl started to make their way to the maximus' entry ramps.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

After studying the information displyed by Metrotitan, the first thing that Shockwave saw was that there were two possible direct challenges to the leadership of Teratron- Megatron and Galvatron. Just as he was leaving his quarters to proceed to Teratrons quarters, his display showed that a Decepticon had recently been re-activated. As he read the data, the probability level of a third possible threat rose from 0% to 100%.

This particluar Decepticon was legendary. Infamous, more like, through his treacherous actions in the past. Before today, Shockwave had maintained his belief that Starscream would never have been reactivated- it was not logical. He was a destabilising force in the Decepticon ranks.

As he read to the bottom of the feed, he saw a name he did not expect. Galvatron was the one who had authorised his reactivation.

He left his quarters and made for Teratrons quarters.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »