[Original RPG] Returns: The Homecoming

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Brave Maximus

OOC: Right since hound and Aero Blade are frozen or something, off I go.

Post by Brave Maximus »

I never was to good at waiting for people to make up their minds. Well, I'm going to go see what this Decepticon is after."

"Hound, Aero Blade I'm going to see what this Decepticon is after. If you need me for anything, Comm link me."

"Secure Comm link to Omega"
"Starlight, Keep Omega's sensors on hight alert, let me know if Any more Decepticons come this way. Oh and could you have Ark meet me out side?"

"Loud Speakers"
*A deep voice rumbles from the Omega*
"StarBlade, I am comeing out and will follow you into the Ark."

Skyfall activates his wrist blasters and exits Jetfire. He walks towards StarBlade as Ark move's in beside and slightly behind him. Skyfall is less than half the hight of the Femm, but acts like he's a City-bot.

"Right, lets go, no funny stuff, or I'll have to hurt you!"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Huzaa... I'm back. Was a fantastic UK trip- thanks for being patient.

Hound had been so distracted firstly by the incredible size of an incoming being which subsequently crashed, by the realization that a minicon that he thought had been dead was now alive and talking to Jetfire, and then by a second arrival- Starblade - that he barely had had time to react. He spun quickly and in fast strides, had caught up toSkyfall and stood perpendicular to him so he could watch the young Autobot and the hovering craft nearby.

Kill log! An assassin... just what we need. Well, the Decepticons already want to slaughter all of us- no sense in going against Optimus' agreement and orders yet; least, not until we talk.

With urgency but also a calmness, Hound motioned a slicing effect with his hand as he gave an order. "Stand down Skyfall, and them too (pointing now at the other craft). That's an order. We can't threaten her." With a scowl as he took an energy scan of her, he added silently... 'yet'.

Quickly, he turned on Starblade - blue optics becoming icy and narrowed. "Starblade, I'm Autobot Hound. I'm well aware what a kill log is, and don't fool yourself that it holds no interest for us. However, under the current terms and the agreement from Optimus Prime, we cannot forcefully prevent you from retrieving it. So proceed, but be forewarned that if you show any threat now or in the future, we shall respond in kind."

"Let's go Skyfall. The next order of buisness is talking to Optimus." He threw a steely look at the assassin femme as he sidestepped indicating that they should leave her go.
Sparkplug's eyebrows shot up at the current events, and Daniel nudged him with wide eyes then whispered, "He's in rare form today, huh grandad? Don't remember him sounding so harsh."

Sparkplug nodded. "He's irritated son, frustrated too. Quiet, just listen right now."

Meanwhile, Spike had moved closer to listen to the medics and minicons talking towards the rear of Jetfire's cabin. He overheard bits and pieces of news about Quintessons and a miraculous revival of some minicon named Jetstorm, and also snippits of hushed whispers about the new arrivals and questions about Optimus Prime.
Sounds bad. Spike thought silently to himself. Quintessons on Cybertron? That explains a lot- but the Earth government isn't going to like this one bit. Is that why Dirge is here? Is he keeping an eye on the Autobots as a spy?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Slag, and I wanted to see what a kill log was. Ah well, if we're leaving soon.

Skyfall gave StarBlade a dark look before speaking into his Comm
"Omega, Stand down"
The hovering ships missle bays closed and it hovered a little farther back from the Femm.

Skyfall walked back into Jetfire with Ark behind him, glaring at StarBlade until the doors closed.

"Hound, why did we let her go? Obviously it was something important, we could have seen what it was. But shall we head over to the Maximus?"

Ark stayed just a pace behind Skyfall as they walked through Jetfire. He grew evermore wide eyed. He recognized the Autobot shuttle, and he was a little afraid of what that ment.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Metrotitan - Brig

"Perhaps Bludgeon, perhaps...you do realise that our hierarchy is in some amount of... dis-array at present?"

It won't be long now old friend

The spark that left Cybertron had picked up pace, striving to live once more...
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Metrotitan's Brig

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Then we have made the same observation Sixshot." Bludgeon said, his smile growing deeper. "The arrogance of Decepticon warriors was deeply scarred by the withdrawal in front of invading Quintesson forces."

"Men are restless... only the fear of Galvatron keeps them from crossing the edge." Bludgeon added, drawing a line to the floor with his sword.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing felt himself slammed into the bulkhead of the massive City, and his optics widened. He listened, panic-stricken, to Galvatron's directive.

The aristocrat managed to choke out a strangled reply-

"I am your Lordship's instrument to command," he said, leaking lubricant madly.

Anything to avoid death!

Astrotrain frowned, watching the encounter, then turned- was that- was that Starscream?

The Triple Changer Administrator turned back to Galvatron, small smile in place watching Thunderwing squirm.

"After this wretch is dealt with, Galvatron, what are your orders? Particularly about the Autobots?"

Dirge cautiously clanked up the landing bay to Jetfiire, attempting to put as much distance between himself and the Witwickies. Particularly Daniel. He caught the accusatory stares, and sagged.

"The humans don't trust me," he whispered to Riptide as he sat on a bulkhead seat. He still unconciously held the little youngling femme in his arms. "And I don't think they ever will."

The blue jet's optics were wide.

Stall hurriedly followed next to Perceptor out of the crypt.

"Erm, a pleasure to meet you all," he said to the Protectobots, shocked nearly out of his Central Processing Unit at watching them revive. His royal blue optics were wide with worry.

"This is all most, most unsettling," he said glancing at the Autobot scientist. "Revivals, and what not. This is contrary to history, Perceptor. Does Optimus Prime truly know how much he is upsetting the natural balance? The entire concept of Autobot- and perhaps Decepticon history- is in shambles now that the dead walk again!"

His words were not said in a spiteful manner towards the Protectobots- or any other of the revived units- but all the same, the Professor was shaken to his basic programs.

The historian was trembling, profoundly frightened.

The dead should stay dead. They have lived, and they have died. All in the proper historical context. This disrupts the narrative. This disrupts historiography. NOTHING will be the same. How can a teacher hope to explain this? How can I hope to explain this after this foolish war is over? Robots who lived in a prior time period being...REVIVED? What will be the consequences?
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade stared at the micromaster.This is what I was afraid of being slagged by?! When he said that he would follow her in to make sure she didn't do anything other than get her log, StarBlade smirked, but, before she could answer, anothter Autobot came walking out, and ordered the mircromaster to stand down. Then the 'Bot turned to her and she blinked in startlement. It was Hound. That was a 'Bot she never thought she'd hear of again.

"Starblade, I'm Autobot Hound. I'm well aware what a kill log is, and don't fool yourself that it holds no interest for us. However, under the current terms and the agreement from Optimus Prime, we cannot forcefully prevent you from retrieving it. So proceed, but be forewarned that if you show any threat now or in the future, we shall respond in kind."

"Well, Hound, it seems you know just what I am. You might want to tell your little friend there, and just how dangerous I can be." She smirked even more. "And don't worry, I won't do anything than retrieve my log." Then her voice went icy. "Oh, and a word of warning, Hound. I once had orders to take care of you, so don't get in my way." With that, the assasssin turned and strode into the Ark.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound stood his ground after the sidestep and listened coldly to StarBlade without moving as Skyfall had his crew withdraw.
As she turned and headed for the Ark, he couldn't help a bristle edging it's way up. Skyfall turned and headed for Jetfire as directed, and his questions were valid, but the StarBlade's words and warning had been quite clear. Hound knew better than to turn his back on a Decepticon assassin. He walked alongside Skyfall with a slight angle in a backing-up fashion, but didn't respond right away. He was focusing on his scanners intently now- there had been too many unexpected arrivals and this last one had been most unpleasant.

As soon as they were inside, he broke into a frown.
Jetfire closed the ramp door. "I overheard. Line's already open if you want it Hound."

"No Jetfire. This time, it's moot. Let's head back to Optimus."

"Sure thing. Get yourself braced for takeoff."
Moments later, they were in the air. Hound looked over to Skyfall as the young Autobot began to ask some very valid questions.
"Skyfall, StarBlade is an assassin, and with a Decepticon nature too. They're cold, calculating, mercenary sort of beings. They kill for pay, sport or any reason really, and they've got methods you don't even want to think about. They keep track of those they've killed or are planning to terminate in their kill logs." Hound's voice dropped into a much softer level as he continued. "Sometimes... it's best not to know. And regardless, Decepticons want to kill Autobots anyway. I am surprised the Decepticon leaders would tolerate her presence though. Still, I... any Autobot could not have forcefully stopped her right now or prevented her from taking it. Optimus Prime made a peace agreement with the Decepticons. We can't attack them or we'll be guilty of breaking the treaty until he rescinds that command."

Trying to hide the internal anguish that was burning inside him and the fluid that was threatening to reveal itself in his optics, Hound looked away deliberately and out the window port nearby before he continued in a whisper. "Technically, Earth... belongs to the Decepticons."
Sparkplug and Daniel had been near the door watching the exchange between StarBlade and the Autobots, but had moved back a bit when Dirge came up the ramp (mainly from Sparkplug pulling Daniel backwards). From where they stood now- opposite the main ramp, with all the various tf voices going on inside Jetfire, they could just barely overhear Skyfall and Hound, but only caught pieces of the conversation.
Sparkplug raised his eyebrows as he rubbed his chin in thought.
"So that's it, huh? Optimus made a peace treaty."
Daniel nodded. "If he did though, the Decepticons broke it Grandpa."
"Yes, but I think he has to wait for permission. On the other hand, I liked the look of that female a lot less than Dirge. Wonder what she wanted in the Ark? Daniel, I want you to steer clear of... Daniel?"
Sparkplug spun around. Daniel wasn't behind him any longer.
Spike had been toward the back of Jetfire and overheard the entire conversation. A look of comprehension and horror swept over his face. So that's what's going on. He thought silently as he stood there in shock at the dawning realization of the implications.
Riptide grinned at Dirge, while she nabbed a shiney pen-like instrument off a tray behind him. "Humans can't matter much unless they squeal like the miniconner did. Pull out the poison pricker and that'll keep the Daniel away. Or... better yet, put Daniel in subspace. I trust you. The others trust you too."

"Wanna bet?" Daniel slid out from behind a crate with a grin. "Yo Dirge! What's the deal dude?"
Trailbreaker grinned at Crosshairs as he popped the hatch over the sixchanger's recharge chamber. "Time to get Quick Switch up."
He leaned over and laughed. "Rise and shine, 'Switch. It's 8 p.m. and the fireflies outside with be shining their best."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

When Skyfall had first started talking about going after the decepticon assasin, Aero Blade had tactfully dissapeared to the other side of the ship. He'd seen and been fighting enough reciently to last him for a lifetime, he didn't want to get into any more of if he could. When they'd arived back from whatever they'd done though, Aero Blade began to drift back towards the group. He didn't like the sound of the conversation, but he still kept coming until he was with the group again. When he heard Hound's last few words, Aero Blade began to get a sick feeling in his processor.

Earth...to the Decepticons? That can't be true... Aero Blade thought. How could that have happened? Was there something they weren't prepared for? Did they not have enough men? The Autobots had always seemed so strong...how could they not prepared?

Aero Blade thought silently to himself for some time, not coming up with any answers. After a while, he remember about something that had been nagging him for some time. There wasn't any really appropriate time or way to ask, but he decided if he didn't do it now, it might be harder later. He started over towards the window.

"Hound...can we talk?"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

"WHAT!!!!!?"

"When did this happen? How did this happen? Who allowed it to happen? The Earth is my home. Much more of one than some planet half the Galaxy away. And you let it fall into Decepticons hands."

Skyfall stood up, anger blatient in his voice. It was an anger fueled by betrayal and youth. His home had been violated, and he was striking out at the closest person.

Ark jumped up as Skyfall did. He moved into a defensive position beside him, ready to jump inbetween him and the larger robot. Even the Omega seemed to assume a more agressive stance.

"We dragged the humans into this war! We keep bringing this fight back to earth. Over and over again the humans are the victums of this fight, on that they didn't start, but have been forced to choose sides on for Decades. And you tell me that you, the Autobots, those who swore to protect them from what ever danger you brought their way, you left them to the mercies of the Decepticons. They would rather wipe the whole race out than look at the humans. The humans are a resourse to the Decepticons, one to be used and thrown away upon a whim."

Skyfall then looked at the older Autobot and saw how his words had affected him. How it hurt Hound to have been forced to abandon the earth, and Skyfall began to soften, his youth fueled anger fading quickly, being replaced with determination.

"Hound, I'm sorry. I know that Cybertron is your home, and it must hurt you Old Guard to see it over run by aliens. But we have a responsiblity to this world. We CANNOT let it remain in Decepticon hands.

"But how are we going to free the Earth with this Peace Treaty in affect? You know the Decepticons are just waiting for the right time to finish this war once and for all. I'm sorry Hound, but I will see the Earth freed long before the fight for Cybertron. But I will help the Autobots on earth."

Looking around for the first time, Skyfall saw the situation, and became embarrased at his outburst.

"Comm link open"
"Omega Stand down, everythings fine here"

He then placed a reassuring hand on Arks shoulder, and the little robot eased up a little, though his face was still a mask of worry.

Humm, I have to watch that, they can sense my mood, even though we're seperated

Sitting back down, the young Autobot looked at Hound, afixing him with a gaze that needed awnsers.
"So Hound, what do we do? How do we help the Earth?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

[Edit] Wheewwee.... timing posting sequences!

With a silent nod, Hound got a resolved look and stood up. After a brief pause, he glanced to Aero Blade and then his usual softer and warmer look returned. "Of course Aero Blade. Anytime." It was then that things clicked for Skyfall, and Hound sank back down as the numbing shock of Skyfall's words echoing his own thoughts hit him.

"Skyfall, I had no idea that the Decepticons..." Hound stopped. Deep in his central processor, he had known, and had ignored the feeling. Hound's head dropped and he leaned forward with his elbows on his knees, not focusing on anything in particular. "That's not exactly true, I'm sorry. When I joined the Autobots, I made an oath of my own free will. I gave my word, and my life to protect the matrix and stay in keeping with the Autobot way, as did every other Autobot. Part of that responsibility is protecting and following the directions of the bearer of the Matrix, for he is the leader and listens to the wisdom gathered within.

I hold the same views as you do about Earth Skyfall. There came a time when Cybertron, the Earth and all of the beings that exist in the universe were threatened by Unicron. Optimus asked for help. To defend this world, most of the Autobots had to leave. We had to make the peace treaty- there just... weren't enough of us. The combined forces defeated Unicron, but then a new problem arose. A chaos matrix had come into the hands of Thunderwing. It was so evil- gave Thunderwing so much power... *Hound shook his head as the memories of the splitting factions hit* ...that it left the Autobots split in its wake. Two groups, fighting each other for no real reason because the Chaos matrix could corrupt the mind and ideas. The Autobots just couldn't protect anything else when they couldn't even protect themselves. But, the Chaos matrix was destroyed and we went back to Iacon. The next part is hazy for me because I had been damaged. What do you mean, 'Cybertron was overrun by aliens'?"

Jetfire's voice interjected quickly and softly. "That was the reason for the evacuation Hound. Quintessons have apparently overrun Cybertron. That's why Prime's recalling everyone that's familiar to human cultures and can fit in, to Earth."

An odd silence penetrated Jetfire's cargo bay and was replaced by a buzzing in the scout's audio receptors. He sat fixedly in shock for a moment as the news processed. He felt his own pistons working within his chest, and as the momentary shock and buzzing passed, he suddenly became aware his right handed fingers had crunched through the side of the crate he was sitting on. A bit embarassed, he quickly removed them then shifted and stood up as Skyfall asked what could be done.

Hound shook his head a bit in dismay. "I'm not a strategist. I don't know what Optimus has in mind, but when I told Fortress the news from Spike, he replied that Optimus is already aware and will be addressing the matter shortly. I'm hoping to speak with him when we get back. The damage was done, but there must be some way to make this better." I also need to let Quick Switch know that they've got an assassin around. He thought to himself silently.

It was then that Aero Blade volunteered his help.
(continued next post)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Well..." Aero Blade started. He rubbed the back of his head with his hand. Things around here seemed so much more...official... He wasn't entirely sure how he was supposed to go about this..

"Ever since all of this has started, I've been your tag-along. So I... I want to officially join the Autobots here..." Aero Blade turned, looking out the window. "I don't know how I got here, or how I'll get back, but it seems as though I'll be here for a good long while... I want to help you, I want to help everyone..." Aero Blade said, turning back to Hound.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade set foot inside the Ark, and everything she rememebered from her last visit forced its way forward. Pausing, she forced those memories back into remission. Not a good idea. I have to get my log, and get the slag out of here.

StarBlade moved with quick and purposful strides towards the closet. After almost three minutes, she arrived at the door. Entering a code into the pad next to the door, she heard a series of beeps, and the door opened. Right in the front, oddly enough, was the log. Smirking, she picked up the log and hid it in her sub-space compartment. Closing the door, StarBlade turned, and started out of the Ark.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Aero Blade's request and offer surprised Hound quite a lot and he stayed quiet for a few moments as he looked at the young transformer. Then he clasped Aero Blade on the shoulder gently and broke an easy and warm smile. "You're far from a tag-along. If it weren't for you... *he glanced up and over to the far side of the ship where the Decepticon seeker was still holding Riptide* and Dirge- I'd be Sharkticon leftovers by now. We'll be back soon, and Quick Switch will get you settled in properly and officially. It'd be a real honor to have you with us as a permanent companion and teammate. Just think it through. Be sure it's what you want to do."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Chromedome, Hardhead, Brainstorm, and Tracks: -standing on the shore of the lake, staring at the legs sticking up out of it-

Chromedome: "I can tell you one thing."

Tracks: "What's that?"

Chromedome: "It's not Raiden. Those legs look more like tanks than trains."

Tracks: "I've never heard of this Raiden, and I could have told you that. Not Bruticus, either. Too many tanks."

Hardhead: "Is there a tank team that we don't know about?"

Tracks: "News to me if there is."

Brainstorm: "Maybe they're like us. Different timestream."

Chromedome: "Could be."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

The Seacons landed back at the Decepticon base area and set down Deathzuarus's body.

Piranacon disengaged and the six Seacons looked around.

"Is there a DOCTOR in the house!?" Snaptrap yelled.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade paused, a bit taken but also unsure of Hound's gesture. It was different...friendly. Normally whenever someone touched his shoulder he cringed. The only other person who'd ever touched his shoulder was...

NO!! He wasn't here! He wasn't even going to think about him. He had a chance to start over, to go about his life without worring about his troubled past, and by Primus, Aero Blade intended to! Maybe there is a reason I wound up here...I may be away from my friends, but I'm away from my enemies as well...

Aero Blade nodded to Hound. "I've thought about this a long time, and I'm very sure of my choice. I want to join the Autobots of this demention."

While he waited for Hound's response, Aero Blade did something he didn't often do - hadn't done in a long time. Hidden underneith his faceplace, Aero Blade smiled.
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Perceptor turned and saw the concern on the professor's face.

"Yes, Optimus Prime has taken all of this into consideration. In fact, this very argument that you have just introduced has been going on for quite some time now. Yet, I trust whatever Optimus says, and I am sure that whatever he does is for the best."

Or, at least I hope so Perceptor thought to himself as Professor Stall, the Protectobots, and he made their way out of the crypt.
Maxima

Post by Maxima »

Dusk Ashes Carbomya

Maxima just stood there the whole time Megatron & Fakkadi talked. Her optics scanning about, but it didn't appear to be such. She appeared more like a statue, a guard. Her optics however glared at Snake & watching him part of the time.

Even now, her optics were upon Snake as he went to the vehicle.

She nodded in response to Megatron's order. But the one thing she would find annoying.... was seeing to the comfort of these pathetic humans.

For now.... she stood next to the ramp of the Dusk Ashes as Megatron wished to see the other Decepticons. At least at that she would be curious to see who the Decepticons were.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Carbombya

Snake stepped out of the vehicle, keenly aware that he was being watched, and becoming more and more uneasy about this alliance.