[Original RPG] Returns: The Homecoming

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Quick Switch

Returns: The Homecoming

Post by Quick Switch »

As the Quintesson hordes with their Sharkticon minions swept over the surface of Cybertron, reclaiming the vast planet through the use of force and the release of a hate plague; the transformers retreated and evacuated Cybertron - fleeing in any space-capable crafts with all provisions and any cargo and freight containers easily loaded. Safely aboard the fleeing shuttles, many transformers were being chosen to return to Earth, to their known equipment... to regroup and begin plans to retake Cybertron from the Quintessons. Other transformers and their allies were chosen to continue on to the safety of a distant planet uninhabited by organic life, to also begin regrouping.

Meanwhile, a discovery was made aboard both Fortress Maximus and a Decepticon shuttle as well: the carefully preserved bodies of deceased transformers. Unbeknownst to the other groups, medics and engineers were called for, and the repairs began as the journey continued...

On Cybertron, the Quintessons, led by the twisted Imperial Magistrate, scramble to unlock Cybertron's secrets. What they re-discover could prove deadly for the Transformers...

Their confederate, the brilliant but insane roboticist Primacron, also has dark designs on the hated Transformers. Primacron works to hone his demented creations for his Quintesson allies toward one single goal:

Total domination of the Universe.
Bombshell

Stats posted. Point Total Averages posted. Chaos beginning in 5...4...3...2...1...

Post by Bombshell »

Dreadwing sped out of Cybertron's orbit, as fast as his engines could carry him.

"Remind me again whose idea this was," Dreadwind said.

Darkwing didn't reply.

"I mean, seriously," Dreadwind continued. "We're ordered to go out and fight against billions of Sharkticons, Quintessons and who knows what else."

Darkwing kept silent as Dreadwind continued to rant.

"And to think, this whole situation could have been avoided had Thunderwing not turned Gollum and allied himself with those stinky five faced scum in the first place. Apeface was right. The Quints were up to no good right from the..."

Before Dreadwind could continue, Darkwing screamed.

"WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT THE SLAG UP!?"

"What?!" Dreadwind said. "There's nothing wrong with ranting on about the end of the world."

"Maybe not," Darkwing said. "But if you don't shut up and concentrate on getting to Earth, I'm going to make sure that you don't make it to Earth in order for it to all end!"

The pair contined to bicker as the massive superjet streaked through space and towards Earth.
"Slag!"

Runamuck hit the control panel, causing it to spark all over.

"What's wrong now?!" Runabout said from down the corridor.

"Oh, nothing much," Runamuck said, surveying the damage. "Just this little crate we decided to make our escape in has turned into a floating brick."

"What do you mean?!"

Runamuck glared at the readouts.

"Weapons: Gone. Shields: Gone. Sensors: Gone. Engines: Barely Working. You name it, we don't got it."

"Will we get to Earth?" Runabout said.

"Yeah," Runamuck said. "But I doubt it's going to be a soft landing."

"Well, we're going to need a tow. We still got comm?"

Runamuck looked at the panels.

"Um...yeah, but..."

"But nothing!" Runabout said. "Broadcast a distress signal."

Runamuck flipped a switch, and hoped that some working Decepticon spacecraft was nearby.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger looked as the ship was nearing the base.

"Conquesticons set us down." Hatemonger yelled.

"Iron Wolves, Cryotek start to unload the energon as soon as we dock." Hatemonger said getting close to the door and ready to assist in storing the energon.
Aero Blade

Onboard Jetfire

Post by Aero Blade »

Siting on a crate nearby to Hound, Aero Blade stared blankly at the piece of paper given to him by Crosscut with a degree of disbelief. The note was a reminder of an appointment and directions to a certain medical bay for Hound, himself, and Dirge to get a full check-up and repair job once they reached Earth. He was probably writing these up for many of the refugees who would need extra attention.

Just thinking about the note gave Aero Blade the chills - having a ton of unfamiliar medics poking and prodding him, doing unusual things to him, talking about things he couldn't understand - no way was he going to go through that...

"No-one's getting me in a room full of those quacks. I'd rather just keep my injuries," Aero Blade said to himself. He crumpled up the note, tossing it behind his shoulder. It bounced off the wall, off of a crate, and finally landed in Hound's lap. Aero Blade didn't notice the note's final destinatin, too lost in his own brooding.

Stratus meanwhile was watching Riptide. She hadn't done anything yet, but he'd bet all his memory chips she was gonna do something if he wasn't around. He kept an eye on her, ready to call Aero Blade should the need arise.
Heinrad

Does anybody know where Tracks would be?

Post by Heinrad »

Aboard the Maximus, in the medbay:

Nightbeat: "I have a feeling that making sure Shecky the Monkey Boy stops playing with his chemistry set is the least of our problems, Prime. If this 'Hate Plague' of his was supposed to give them an advantage, they're obviously wrong. It was probably supposed to be a way to either cause chaos as we try to fight back, or they were hoping to get lucky and take you out. Their plan was to take us by force of arms. Chemical warfare wasn't the big push."

Minerva: -scanning Mirage- "I'm not sure Shecky the Monkey Boy knows what a chemistry set is, Big Brother. Although, we might luck out and he'll blow himself and the rest of these Quintamawhozitz off of Cybertron."

Siren: "Our luck isn't that good, Minerva."

Hosehead: "Our luck with shuttles isn't, certainly."

Bridge of the Maximus:

Roadbuster: -face registering as much shock as a featureless face can register- "You're planning to do WHAT?!?!?"

Chromedome: -optics wide in shock- "But...... you can't....... They've done nothing to deserve what you're talking about, Captain. There must be another way."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"..you don't understand. The reason for their deaths was meaningless violence... we 'd like to think by doing this..."

Cerebros seperated from fortress' transector..

"We're giving them what theyve truly wanted... a chance to see cybertron... in peace. I realize that it means facing legions of quintesson abominations... not to mention that lunatic primacron...but if we don't... simply put, we don't have the manpower to stop them. "

Cerebros bowed his head... it hurt for him to say anymore... and while at present, he slightly feared that roadbuster would attempt to stomp him into oblivion, he held his ground...

"Chemical warfare, however, isn't the issue, nightbeat... the other things that primacron is capable of... THOSE are the issues... if that maniac is responsible for those techno organics... not to mention the hate plague resurgence.... I'd wager he's got even bigger guns hidden on cybertron by now... he can't be underestimated... he's more of a madman than galvatron ever was....plain and simple."
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

(OOC- If this isn't alright, than you can go ahead and delete or edit this)

Aboard Fortress Maximus

"You certainly have that correct, Cerebros," Perceptor said as he turned. "By my scannings... well... let's just say you are more than right about it."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Riptide busied herself with some various small strings and loose wires, weaving them and playing with them as she watched the medics work. She glanced at Stratus from time to time with a curious, and innocent look. I hope that one goes away soon. Last thing I need is a sparksitter!, she thought to herself as she played.
---------
Hound lay still as Crosscut checked him over. As the medic finished, Hound smiled a tired smile. "Thanks Crosscut."

He still hurt, but more than that, an agreement he had made was weighing in his mind. I need to talk to Quick or Optimus as soon as we get... well, wherever we're go...

Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by a piece of paper landing on him.
Carefully, he reached for it and picked it up to read it. As the realization came over him, his optics grew wide.

"We're- we're going to Earth!"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Fortress Maximus:

Quick Switch walked through the halls, supported by Trailbreaker.
Professor Stall trailed behind, equally lost in the huge corridors.

"You gentlemen don't mind if I follow along do you?" Stall asked.

"No," the Six Changer replied tiredly. His wound ached. "Trailbreaker- are we getting close to the command deck? My vision's a little blurry and- I have to check in with Optimus...at the very least, Cerebros...so I can find Optimus..."

Stall puttered up.

"Oh, that's rather bad looking," the historian commented absently on Prowl's blast shot.

"It is," Quick Switch replied whistfully. "Mind introducing yourself?"

"Naturally- I'm Professor Stall, late of Iacon City-State University. I hold the title Professor Emeritus of the History Department." Stall said, smiling. Quick Switch's wound was forgotten by the easily distracted academic.

"Pleased to meet..." Quick Switch began, then sagged. Oh boy.

Stall blinked at Trailbreaker...he was awfully smiley.

Metrotitan:

"Report on travel status," Astrotrain commanded Metrotitan.

"Engines engaged. Escape from Cybertron proceeding," the massive city replied.

Astrotrain sat in a command chair, pensive.

"Keep your course. We're Earthbound." Astrotrain's flanged voice reflected equal parts bitterness and relief. Bitterness at being defeated, relief at still being alive.

Astrotrain was quite familiar with both sensations.

Jetfire:

Dirge smiled, ambling over to Hound's position. Or, the Decepticon equivalent of ambling. Only Skywarp could really pull ambling off.

"That's right Hound," he said quietly. "We're heading back to Earth. How- how are you feeling?" the jet asked.

Absently, he thought of Riptide. He needed to go check up on her in a minute. She was fascinating to talk too- but Hound's welfare was equally important.

A new personality sub-component- compassion- began to fully cycle through Dirge's central processing unit.

The CPU found the new sub-component...quite acceptable.

Cybertron:

"Brethren!" the Imperial Magistrate boomed from the Main Square of Castle Darkmount, peering down at a massed throng of Quitnesson Magistrates, scientists, technicians, Sharkticon hordes and the deadly Dark Guardians looming above the crowd (and the Techno-Organics curled up by Primacron, who stood off to the side of the dais), "Cybertron- is ours once again! We...are...HOME!"

A defeaning roar came up through the crowd below.

The Inquisitor standing on the other side of the Quintesson leader and with tentacles lashing, began a chant-

"Long live the Imperial Maistrate!" which was duly repeated by all.

Primacron stroked one of the Techno-Organics and smiled absently, manic eyes gleaming with anticipation. After the celebration...the real fun would begin.

"It's time to unlock the mysteries of Cybertron," the simian cackled. "All in the interests of science! Ehehehhehe!"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade was leaning up against a wall, wondering why the return to Earth. She had only just left Earth to come back to Cybertron, and now she was going back. It was a shame, really... all she had seen of home was a lot of battles, and more destruction than she cared to think of. Well, Earth will be home now, until we can get rid of those blasted Quints.

Suddenly, she moved from the wall, startling a few Metrodrones who happened nearby as she did so. Turning down the hall, StarBlade headed for Astrotrain's office....
Bombshell

Will Avoid Asking Why Metrotitain Missed The Signal, And Just Go With It

Post by Bombshell »

"Why hasn't anyone come to pick us up?!" Runabout's angry shout came from down the corridor.

"How should I know?!" Runamuck shouted back. "I sent the signal. Someone should have recieved it..."

He took another look at the control panel.

"...except our comm is stuck on recieve only."

"Oh, slag," Runabout said. "Look, I'll be there in a minute."

Runabout entered the cockpit, and gave the control panel a look.

"We're going to need to get this fixed," he said.

"But we don't know how!" Runamuck shouted. "We're designed to blow stuff up, not repair it."

"Maybe," Runabout said, moving to a wall unit. "But I have an idea."

He took out a cage from one of the weapons lockers, opened it, and dumped it's contents, three Mini-Cons out onto the floor.

"Watch it will you?!" one of them, a small green robot with missle launchers for arms, said. "We're delicate."

"Yeah," said another, who had a missle launcher in place of his right arm. "We could get damaged."

"We're going to get even more damaged if you three don't get to work," Runabout said, pointing at the damaged control panel.

The three Mini-Cons gave the panel a look, then turned back to Runabout, saw that he didn't look to be in the mood to be argued with, and got to work.

"What happens if those three can't fix it?" Runamuck asked.

"Then we'd better hope to float past a Decepticon ship," Runabout said, staring out into space. "Otherwise, we're gonna be real late to the reuinion."

The three Mini-Cons climbed up onto the panel and began to work.

"I tell ya, Knock-Out," the one with one missle launcher arm said. "This is getting ridiculous."

"Yeah, Bonecrusher" Knock-Out, a Mini-Con who, unlike the other two, actuall had both his arms. "But Wreckage here thought it was a good idea."

"Oh, sure," Bonecrusher said. "It's real smart to hook up with the enemy, especially when the planet's all going to hell around you."

"Knock it off!" Wreckage hissed. "These two rescued us, so we should be grateful. And besides, they're right. We don't get this thing fixed, we're coasting on solar winds all the way to Earth. So let's get to work."
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Shockwave approached Astrotrain, who was still seated in his chair. Shockwave could see that ther was a conflict of emotions in the city-commander, and wisely avoided the subject.

"All shuttles are under way from Cybertron. We have no Quintesson ships preventing ours and the Autobots escape. Fortress Maximus, Jetfire and Sky Lynx are transporting the Autobots to Earth. The Quintessons now have full control of Cybertron, and will have sufficient time to prepare defences.

If it is in the interests of ourselves, I shall prepare and send a message of preparation to our expeditionary force on Earth, which as you know, is led by Hatemonger. In it, I will tell him to prepare his force to expect us and the Autobots. Is there anything else that you would like in the report?"

In Sky Lynx:

"Well" began Swoop "we have lost Cybertron. What will we do when we get to earth? asked the Dinobot, to Sky Lynx and the others who he was carrying
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -optic band blazing emerald bright, narrows to a slit as he glares at Cerebros- "Don't put anything fancy on it. It's just your way of salving your conscience, isn't it. So you won't be wondering if ripping them from what little peace they might have found in the afterlife was the right thing to do."

Chromedome: "I see his reasoning, Roadbuster. We can't access the Sigma computer on Cybertron anymore, and won't be able to until we get these Quints off of Cybertron. We need all the experienced troops we can get." -glares down at Cerebros- "But that doesn't mean I have to like it anymore than you do."

Nightbeat: "Shecky sounds like a typical mad scientist-type, which, logically, means he's overconfident." -smiles, looks t Prime- "How intact is our peace treaty with the Decepticons, and do you think they'd let us borrow the Insecticons for a while? Or at least Bombshell?"
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Perceptor stood up now from where he was seated to speak.

"Cerebros, whatever your decision is, know this: I am behind you as well. They are at peace, but I am sure that those who are brought bck would surely understand the circumstances that we have been put in to.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"... roadbuster.. you'll NEVER understand... no one will. no one has the slightest idea how much it is ripping optimus apart to have to do this... no one... not you, not prowl, not ANYONE!"

With those words, cerebros just began to walk away from chromedome and roadbuster...

"for all your battlefield experience, roadbuster...you still know so little..." the headmaster spoke in hushed tones... heading for his quarters... his transector was capable of handling control of the ship..and if need be, he could access the ship's controls through his quarters' direct system interface...

back in medbay, prime bowed his head solemnly...

"Nightbeat... I'm afraid this treaty may be as good as terminated when we touch down on earth... And while I have every intention of revoking decepticon control of the planet... I fear that galvatron may see to my death before anything else..."

It was rare that prime ever showed fear...but now... returning to earth... an earth he had let fall into decepticon control... prime was worried. VERY worried.
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

"Oh now've done it," Perceptor said as he turned to Chromedome and Roadbuster.

"Prime and Cerebros are merely looking out for what's best for the Autobots, perhaps the universe. I realize, too, that it may not be the best choice of actions. But, it is our only choice."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

The Land Military Team crawled all over the control panel, trying to get the comm unit working again. Truthfully, they didn't know what the hell they were doing, but it was better than being squashed by a robot ten times your size.

After a few minutes, Wreckage shouted to Runabout, "I got it working!"

"You'd better have," Runabout said, flipping the switch and broadcasting the distress signal again.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Stratus kept his eyes on Riptide, ignoring her innocent act and returning her looks with authoritative glares of his own.

"You're not fooling me," Stratus said aloud in minicon. He knew a potential troublemaker when he saw one. And though he may be smaller, he was certainly older than the youngling transformer, so he felt it his duty to make sure she didn't cause problems, if not for her benefit, then for the benefit of others.

Aero Blade turned his head when he heard Hound, seeing him awake for the first time since they'd gotten on board Jetfire.

"Yes, we're heading to Earth," Aero Blade answered. Now that Hound had mentioned it, Aero Blade's thoughts turned towards that of their destination. Would this be like the Earth he knew? He hoped so - Earth was a beautiful planet - he almost envied the humans that lived there. However, most that lived there had never left Earth and seens other planets. They didn't realize how wonderful a world they had...

As Aero Blade thought about the planet, though, other thoughts began to envade.

"Now this won't hurt a bit," Crosscut told Aero Blade, smiling broadly while holding a syringe with a strange, unfriendly looking liquid in it. Behind him, Patch held a tray of many implement with various sharp points and edges...

Aero Blade stifled a small, startled gasp, then shook his head vigirously, banishing the imaginary images from his mind. As he sat on the crate staring out at the other refugees, Earth suddenly seemed less apealing...

"I'm not seeing any medics..." He repeated to himself, attempting to reinforce his will.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hatemonger's shuttle

Death Knell mutely carried out the general's orders, and initiated the ship's landing cycle.
Stryfe stuck his head out into the passenger compartment. Assuming the tone of voice often used by human airline pilots, he called out: "We are now on final approach to the secret cave headquarters. We hope you all had a comfortable flight. Thank you for flying Conquesticon Air."
Ducking back into the cockpit, Stryfe slumped into his chair.
I need some real action, before bordom depolarizes my sanity circuits...
Meanwhile, Chancre continued working feverishly on repairing Disorder.

Metrotitan

Ramjet stalked into the command centre just in time to hear Shockwave's statements. The words stabbed into his neuroprocessor like a dagger.
"You could add something about how we got beat like a buncha micromasters fighting a Regulan metalmonger..." The bitterness and defeat in his spark were clearly evident in his voice.
Wandering aimlessly through the lower levels, Squeezeplay felt much the same.
We're running away, hiding from our enemies! That's the best the Decepticons can manage? Barely escaping with our lives, then treating it as some kind of victory!
Another voice came into his mind then.
So you'd rather, what? Get us both killed in some pointless show of defiance?
Anger flared within Sqeezeplay.
Cram it, Lokos! I've survived far worse than you know. I am not afraid of Sharkticons!
Lokos' reply was filled with exhasperation.
We've been over this before, partner. You are not invincible!
Really? I haven't been killed yet, Squeezeplay replied simply.
Lokos' reply was an unspoken surge of frustration.
Simultainiously, the two of them thought, Why did I have to be paired with him?
The Headmaster continued to walk the lower levels, his minds whirring.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Metrotitan:

"Distress signal," Metrotitan commed Black Zarak. "It's in your sector. Care to take it?"

Metrotitan:

Astrotrain turned and looked at Shockwave from his command chair. He steepled his fingers and said after a moment:

"Excellent work, Shockwave. Send only the basics of our arrival to the good General, for I don't trust him. He opposed Lord Gigatron when he led the Decepticons. Watch him like a shrike bat."

The Triple Changer paused, noting Ramjet's presence but not particularly bothered by it. The jet was (generally) reliable.

"Also, send a transmission to the human Abdul Fakkadi, located in the Earthen-nation of Carbombya. He is our main ally, and has worked with me in the past. Our headquarters will be in his country. I imagine the Autobots will re-locate near their old ship in the United States..." Astrotrain paused, lost in thought.