[JTF] Scramble City

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Dinobot

Scramble City

Post by Dinobot »

Let me see if I've got this:

The Autobots are building Metroplex.
Megatron sends the seekers to fight the Autobots at the Ark and they lose.
He then sends the Stunticons and Combaticons and there's a big gestalt battle, until Metroplex shows up and kicks tail.
Trypticon emerges from the sea. The End.

How does this lead to season three? And is Scramble City: Toys cannon?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

It does lead to season 3 by introducing Ultra Magnus, Dinosaurer, Metroflex and, in SC: Toys, Galvatron.

Yes, it is cannon. Japan didn't get the movie until 1990 so this sort of took it's place. But instead of killing off characters to induce the changes seen in 2010 they just introduced a bunch of the more prominant characters.

When they did receive the movie in Japan only certain events took place, but the entire movie itself did not.

Make sense? Probably not, since I don't really get it either...
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Am I the only one who thinks it would have been easier if they'd just included the damn movie? BTW, did I get the basic gist of Scramble City?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
Am I the only one who thinks it would have been easier if they'd just included the damn movie? BTW, did I get the basic gist of Scramble City?

Yep. SC: Toys is exactly the same thing as Scramble City except it includes Galvatron yelling at the end.

And I have absolutely no clue why they didn't include the movie. I think it had something to do with toy sales at the time in Japan and they thought that the movie would damage sales. That and in Japan Transformers has always been geared towards very young children. That's why Armada and Car Robots is so blitheringly stupid and they dumbed down Beast Wars to a near retarded level. So they probably thought the movie was too dark for their target audience.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yhe, I think it was skipped for commerical reasons - Japan had only had TFs for about a year, and the thing had tanked in America... the thing about a movie failing is it's very public.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
...That and in Japan Transformers has always been geared towards very young children. ...

Then maybe the Optimus Prime incident scared them. You know, after OP´s death, many kids were upset about it.
Perhaps they didn´t dare risking it.

(After all, I´ve read that because of this they even "changed" the ending of the G.I. Joe movie)
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Cyberman
Then maybe the Optimus Prime incident scared them. You know, after OP´s death, many kids were upset about it.
Perhaps they didn´t dare risking it.

(After all, I´ve read that because of this they even "changed" the ending of the G.I. Joe movie)

Come on, man. We all know that when you get impaled through the heart with a poisonous snake you just slip into a coma and recover fro it the next day. It's in all the medical books.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Jeez you'd figured that some Jap guy would have imported the darn flick:rolleyes:

And Cliffy the theatre was quite full if I recollect correctly.;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Then the cinema you went to must've put up a fair amount of the takings. TF:TM box-office in the USA = $1,779,559
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Then the cinema you went to must've put up a fair amount of the takings. TF:TM box-office in the USA = $1,779,559

Remember Cliffy, or not since your UK based but in the 80's movie tickets were not at the inflated levels of todays market. The standard was around $3 for a feature film. Hell I even remember Monday being $1 night. Then it became $2 night and the prices went up. So multiply that amount by todays levels and you get about 15 million.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So? That's abysmal box-office performance, inflation or otherwise. I've heard production costs listed at $30m. Sure, it's more people than go to a football match, but that doesn't somehow make it a hit. IIRC, the thing's performance makes Heaven's Gate look like Star Wars.
Xydiuam Primal
Protoform

Post by Xydiuam Primal »

Let me get this straight. Scramble City is just one episode with a running time of about 20 min? There is no sequel? The next series is Headmasters? I've only seen the first two eps of HM and it seems a lot is missing.
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

no, the next series is Transformers:2010

But the Japanese were still left with no real explanation as to why most of the old transformers were gone, and there was a new Convoy.
Headmasters came a year later, and gave them a quick run down in the first episode.

They did eventually get the movie, but not for a few years.
Capt
Abusing the English written language since the 1980s
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Yeah they called it Matrix forever didn't they?

I always thought in the Japanese continuity that Galvatron and Megs were two different characters.

And in Headmasters Galvatron was frozen in the artic. Did they explain this ever or just go: Here's the American movie - Enjoy, don't worry about the continuity.
Hydra Custom
Protoform

Post by Hydra Custom »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Yeah they called it Matrix forever didn't they?

I always thought in the Japanese continuity that Galvatron and Megs were two different characters.

And in Headmasters Galvatron was frozen in the artic. Did they explain this ever or just go: Here's the American movie - Enjoy, don't worry about the continuity.

It fits perfectly into continuity. I don't know what trouble people have understanding it all the time. Right, Galvatron was frozen in Headmasters. Which naturally takes place after TF: The Movie and 2010. What's the problem?

Additionally, I challenge anyone to explain how BW was "dumbed down to near retarded levels." I agree that some of the dubbing was odd, but I think that people strongly exaggerate the gap between the two. I have the DVD set sitting on my shelf, so I can check specific episodes if needed.

-Hydra
Visit www.tfcyberbon.com , the premiere site for JTF obscura!

Contact me to trade TV Magazines, Comic Bom-Bom, or pencilboards!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Sorry, I always thought that TF:TM was supposed to happend after headmasters, that's why I had the problem.
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

no, it was set in 2009 I think - to tie in with 2010.

It was more, I guess, like a prequel - much like we're now getting the 'first' 3 Star Wars films...
Capt
Abusing the English written language since the 1980s
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

So, what is Scramble City 2? I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that it uses stop motion with the toys? Is there a plot to it? or is it one long commercial?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

There is no "Scramble City 2".
There is a very long toy commercial that's using stop-motion and retelling parts of the original SC plot, but it isn't really part of any continuity. :)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Hydra Custom
Protoform

Post by Hydra Custom »

Originally posted by Capt
no, it was set in 2009 I think - to tie in with 2010.

It was more, I guess, like a prequel - much like we're now getting the 'first' 3 Star Wars films...

No, it wasn't in 2009, I remember that it was the same year as ours. 2006, right? It's listed in my laserdisc book, although I don't really want to go dig it out...
Visit www.tfcyberbon.com , the premiere site for JTF obscura!

Contact me to trade TV Magazines, Comic Bom-Bom, or pencilboards!