[Original RPG] Transitions: Cybertron

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Quick Switch

Transitions: Cybertron

Post by Quick Switch »

The Quintesson War Fleet had made excellent time. Streaking across the cosmos at unspeakable speeds, the Imperial Magistrate believed the time was right to strike.

The Fleet assembled. The Dark Guardian transport ships were ready. The Sharkticon Landers were ready. The Spiral Ship attack force were ready.

"Enterting Cybertron's orbit, Excellency!" Judge Quota called out to the Imperial Magistrate. "All Ship Captains report in position- even Primacron!"

"Your order?" The Inquisitor, now fully healed and hovering next to the Quintesson Leader. The grizzled Executioner stood next to him, flanked by Judge Delibarata.

"The Transformers are doing some sort of rear guard action- our spies report Optimus Prime and Galvatron leaving some sort of Temple," Delibarata said.

"Then the time is right!" The Imperial Magistrate bellowed. "Cybertron is ours by right, and none shall stand in our way! Commence landing!"

The orders went out. The Fleet Captains sent the Spiral Ships spinning down towards Cybertron. The Dark Guardian Drop Ships behind them.

They streaked through Cybertron's atmosphere, and, in an inordinate amount of time, the foul ships had dug into the Earth.

Sharkticons poured forth by the hundreds to repel any invaders, and the first Dark Guardians left the drop ships, a force of doom.

The Invasion of Cybetron had begun.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Chaos reigned at the landing site. Dozens of initial Autobots and Decepticons alike border guards were mowed down as they tried to repel the Dark Guardians. Sharkticons fell upon those who escaped the initial attack.

From his Command Ship, the Imperial Magistrate watched. All was going according to plan.

Metrotitan:

"I've just had a premonition," Mindwipe said.

"What?" Astrotrain said suddenly.

"No time to explain- I'll speak with you later!" and with that, Mindwipe flew out of the conference room and, in bat mode, flew toward the Quintesson landing site.

Judge Delibarata had led the initial Shakticon Shock Troops on the ground.

"Initial drop zone, secure, no casualties," he reported. "The Dark Guardians are superb!"

"Excellent," the Inquisitor replied, tentacles lashing. "We'll set up a command post in the first building you capture."

On his ship, Primacron was setting up shop when a Headmaster bat flew toward him.

"What's this?" The scientist rasped. A Sharkticon aide handed him a beaker rack.

Mindwipe transformed, evading the hail of fire set up around him.

"Blah, peace, peace, I say! I'm here on a mission!"

"Cease fire!" Delibarata roared. "Deal with this Decepticon," he said to Primacron.

"With pleasure," Primacron said. This bat was intriguing.

"I am Mindwipe. I have an offer for you."

"Speak," Primacron said, puffing his chest out.

"You carry with you something known as the Hate Plague. Give us leniency from your Quintesson Masters, and I will eliminate Galvatron for you."

"Really?" Primacron said. "Why should I trust you?"

"Blah, this is the best offer you'll get!" Mindwipe flapped his wings. "My commander doesn't know I'm here. Just don't have those Dark Guardians shoot me on the way out!"

"Here," Primacron said, selecting a beaker from the rack. "Take this. Galvatron will be rendered insane in minutes. Just remember to get away, before you're infected yourself. The Imperial Magistrate could use a collaborator like you, Mindwipe."

"Blah, yes," Mindwipe grasped the beaker in his feet, and lifted off. "We shall speak again!"

Mindwipe flew off, deadly cargo under claw.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

His laughter still echoing in the hangar, Tracer launched off a flash bomb into the hangar, retreating while it ignited in a blinding light. He'd accomplished his goal for the day- he'd finally killed an Autobot. It wasn't too big an accomplishment, since he and his teamates had been experts at it, killing hundreds, but this was the first he'd done purely on his own, no help, and in the middle of Autobot territory. He wondered how well the others were doing.

As Tracer began to retreat from Iacon, he wondered if the Autobots would try to follow. He was still in great condition for battling, ignoring his armor plating on the underside in vehicle mode. Tracer scanned for transformers, seeing if any did decide to come after him, but as he did so he detected Galvitron's signal some distance away. He wondered what his leader was doing so close to Autobot territory.

Actually, he wondered about EVERYTHING happening, but he decided not to think much on it. He changed course, heading towards Galvatron's possition. Perhaps his leader knew what was going on...

As they continued to make their way towards Iacon, Aero Blade stayed in robot mode, not wanting to upset Sureshock or wake up Stratus. With his joints feeling as stiff as they were, he probably couldn't easily transform anyways.

As they got closer, Hound radioed ahead for advice. Aero Blade worried for Dirge, hoping the Autobots wouldn't treat him cruely because he was a Decepticon. They shouldn't have a reason to anyways - Dirge had surrendered and was peacive for the moment.

He was also getting a bit anxious on other things. No doubt once they reached Iacon, everyone with injuries would be sent to get medical treatment. He was wary about letting strangers poke around his circutry and mechanisms, even if they were trying to help. Aero Blade wasn't sure why he had even stuck around this long anyways...

Deep in the back of his mind, another thought- no, a memory- came to surface. The more he thought on it, the more he felt a sense of dark forboding twist around inside of him. Aero Blade pushed the memory out of his thoughts, but the feeling still remained. Aero Blade's pace slowed down, then he came to a full stop. Aero Blade stood there, still holding Stratus in his arms, not moving.

He didn't want to go to Iacon.

((ooc: Don't worry guys, it'll pass. Though if someone wants to give him a push in the right direction (how literal is up to you ;) ) feel free to do so))
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Minerva: -looking in the direction Hound and the others went- "They didn't even answer me...."

Chromedome: "These things happen, you know."

Minerva: "True."

Chromedome: "So, do you want to go to Iacon, or should we avail ourselves of Metroplex's medical facilities?"

Minerva: "We can use Metroplex's repair bay for a quick repair job, then head back to Iacon. The way things tend to go around here, we need to get repairied and recharged ASAP."

Minerva, Chromedome, Hardhead, and Roadbuster: -head for Metroplex-

Brainstorm: -finishes adjustments to socket connection, transforms and reconnects to transector again, stands, stretching- "Finally."
Scout

Post by Scout »

The message was clear and loud. Hound's exhaustion slipped away to a sense of cold dread as the news came over.
"We've got to get to security to help!"

Then he remembered.

"Dirge... it's okay! Stay right by me and you'll be okay."
-----------

Sureshock grinned and tapped Aero Blade on the side of the head gently. "Iacon! You'll like Iacon. It's a fun place- nice place for Autobots. It even has energon! It's got games and books and all sorts of things. First Aid can even wake Stratus up if you let him."
-----------
Trailbreaker heard an explosion just down the corridor and rushed towards it, rifle in hand. All he saw was a mess, and one Decepticon. He called out to noone in particular, "What happened here?"

He aimed the rifle at Snapdragon and fixed it there, unsure about what to do next and hoping the security staff would revive.
-----------
Mirage opened his optics and saw a streak of light far off in the distance. That's not a meteorite..., he thought to himself as he got up. I better go have a look.

A short while later, he slowed and looked around to check his direction.
"I know that light was out this way somewhere..." he said quietly to himself as he looked around.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"All right," Dirge said weakly. This was all just too much!

One of the Security Officers turned at Trailbreaker.

"Somebody chucked a bomb in the hangar! Quick Switch is stunned, and one of our own-"

"Interdictor," another Sec Squad member called out bitterly, kneeling over his comrade.

"- was fragged. Decepticon attack- Code Red situation." the first robot finished, and swept the area quickly.

"Your help be appreciated, Trailbreaker," one said, propping up Quick Switch, who was just coming around.

Quick Switch binked blearily.

Interdictor was with him- Snapdragon had been cornered- then a bomb, shouts, sirens- explosions-

"No," he spat out, looking down at one of his finest Officers, shot through the head with shrapnel blasts.

"He's dead, sir," the Autobot cradling the Director said quietly.

"No, damn it, no! He'd only just joined the Squad! Best student in the Academy!" Quick Switch cried out. Interdictor had remined Quick Switch of a younger Prowl- same make, same model- only better. Interdictor had a personality.

He stood up. The Officers snapped to attention.

"Orders, Director?" the cradler asked.

"I want that Decepticon assasin found, and I want him found now! I don't care how many Squads it takes, understood?"

"Sir yes sir!" the Squad chorused, saluted, and ran off to conduct a thorough sweep.

"Director," Security Controller Impede's voice broke over the internal comm.

"Yes?" Quick Switch replied, rubbing his head.

"Sir, Hound and other Autobots are inbound with a prisoner. ETA: imminent."

"Keep me informed, send out a detachment to meet them at the gates- not these gates, understood?"

"Affirmative." Impede's voice left the comm.

"Damn it," the Security Director raged. Trailbreaker hadn't yet been spotted. "That Decepticon will hang!"

Mindwipe sent out a silent screech.

Sonar was a wonderful thing.

The echo waves returned to him. The espionage Autobot, Mirage, was nearby.

"Blah, most opportune. I'll pay him a visit..." flapping smoothly through the sky, Mindwipe landed by Mirage's position unobtrusively.

"Looking for something, Autobot?" Mindwipe called out, still in bat mode. He'd found that his hypnotic powers worked better in this mode.

"You don't think he'll actually talk to you," Vorath said, shocked, through his Headmaster bond.

"Of course. No one can resist me. One look in my eyes...and he's lost." Mindwipe replied mentally.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Mirage turned with a start. He had been so fixated on the direction of the light, he hadn't expected anyone to be nearby.
The sudden voice nearby alarmed him and he pulled out his rifle and glanced to where the voice was coming from.

"Who's there? Show yourself or I'll shoot." Mirage demanded.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe revealed himself. His optics had begun to glow with hypnotic intensity.

"I am Mindwipe. I've heard many, many things about you Mirage...how you made such a wonderful Traitor once...and you'll be one again for me...don't try to resist..."

Vorath watched, fascinated, as his partner went to work. As a scientist, hypnosis had always intrigued him- and in the hands of a mystic like Mindwipe, it was simply astounding.
Scout

Post by Scout »

As the recognizeable bat form of Mindwipe emerged, Mirage cocked the trigger and prepared to fire. The red optics were irrisistable though. Their intense red color brightening and dimming and flashing seemed to be looking right into his thoughts. He fought to blink and found he couldn't tear his gaze away from the fascinating red hue.
His thoughts were dimming. One remained and he fought to keep it.
"I'm not... a.... traitor. Optimus knows... I only... follow..."
And then there were no more thoughts. His rifle dropped to the ground as his hand relaxed.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe let out a hiss of pleasure as his power overwhelmed the spy's mental abilities.

"You cannot resist me...you will cooperate," he said smoothly, reinforcing the mental domination. "Listen up, Mirage, and pay attention."

Mindwipe transformed to robot mode, and grasped the vial in one of his clawed hands. He smiled, walked forward, and held it out for Mirage to take.

"Take this. Drink it. Let the sensations go through you...become one with your hatred...find Galvatron...find him, and strike him down! Touch him, and then he will know madness!"

"Into the mouth of madness," Vorath remarked absently.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"I ... can't...." Mirage began, then paused and finished with, "...Find Galvatron and strike him down."

Mindwipe had hit on something that Mirage would be willing to do. Getting rid of Galvatron would mean far less troubles and no war in his mind and deepest senses.
He lifted the vial and opened it. Slowly he lifted it and drank it.

The rancid smell didn't stop him, nor did the burning taste as it hit his mouth and throat. An involuntary shiver went through him as the concoction made its way into his combustion chamber. He doubled over almost immediately and began aspirating heavily and shivering as the fluid ran through his systems. Bright blue optics closed and reopened in a hazy red color. As the foreign and contaminated fluid seeped through his systems, painful shots from synapses fired and the quiet suffering grew into a vocal snarl.

He reached out and tried to claw at anything around him.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe laughed joyously, transformed to bat mode and hovered just out of reach of Mirage.

"Now, now- you have a job to do- find Galvatron!"

"Aren't you going to warn Astrotrain?" Vorath remarked.

"We'll see," the Headmaster bat replied, flapping away.

A battered, bruised and leaking bounty hunter left the spaceport section of Iacon.

He needed to find Optimus Prime.

And he needed to find him fast.

"I'm Devcon...I am a bounty hunter...I bring Decepticons to justice..." he rambled by way of introduction. The neutral denizens of Iacon fled from his appearance.

His frantic search continued.

Unseen, a Metrodrone was recording what had just transpired between Mirage and Mindwipe.

"This is not good," it remarked. Commander Astrotrain needed to hear about this. "Must transmit to the Creator..."
Scout

Post by Scout »

A mix of a cold body and heated anger brewed and cleared Mirage's thoughts as the virus spread inside him.
Pain- is Galvatron's doing. No Galvatron means no more war. No....So... cold. I should call Optimus. No, something's wrong- will only... hurt them. I'm not... a traitor! I'll destroy Galvatron! I'm not a traitor. Autobots will... Optimus...will not have to fight if he's gone.

A tinted red fluid glazed his body as his systems heated up trying in vain to fight the infection and caused condensation of the virus on his metallic skin.

Mirage shivered and then started getting up. A shadow from the metrodrone caught his attention and in a split second, he jumped and grabbed for it, but it just brushed his hand. He snarled and headed for Metrotitan.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

The Metrodrone cried out in fear.

"Oh no!" it chirped. Then it bolted back toward its home.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Iacon

Post by Cryhavoc »

In the end, despite his demeanor and appearence, Snapdragon was not that courageous. Yet, had he been in full condition... he might have tried to use the opportunity given by Tracer to escape. Now, he knew he could not survive without help... and as much as it troubled him... the Autobots were his last hope...

"Wasn't me! Wasn't me! I have no slagging weapons!" Panicked Snapdragon, who had barely avoided getting his head blasted into bits by Interdictor's final shot... the scorch marks in his arms proved it as he had used them to protect his head from the blast.

On the floor infront of Snapdragon, laid the energodagger he had used to cut through the cable Aero Blade had used to seize him earlier.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Monitoring the fight against Chaos at his monitor, Shockwave saw that it was over, that Unicron was imprisoned...but with Primus too.
Keeping his monitor switched on, he got up to the erergon tap. It started blaring.
He sat back down. If he wasnt who he was, he would have thrown down his cup of energon and started panicing. Instead, he set his cup down and analysed the situation
Quintessons. I had previsously calculated their probability of re-emergence of 79%. Whilst this a surprise attack, it is not wholly unexpected.

"Astrotrain this is Shockwave. We are under a Quitesson invasion. At this present time, there is a 91.5% probability of defeat. What are your instructions?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade heard Sureshock's comments, but he didn't move.

'Nice place'. I wish...

Aero Blade shook his head slightly, clearing it and chiding himself for his remarks. That was all in the past, the FAR past, and this wasn't even the same Iacon. Why did he feel so reluctant?

Aero Blade tried to convince himself to at least see what this Iacon was like, to go and have a look around at least, but it was of little use. He still felt the sense of reluctant dread, and it felt as though it had frozen his legs in place. He couldn't bring himself to move.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

"Well, if that jeep wants to go to Iacon, then let him. If Metroplex is closer then that's where we're going. Right Rally?" Bean remarked as he drove after the Headmasters.

"Right. Hey Talon, where are you going?" Rally stated as Talon suddenly reversed direction. "To find those bird bots we met earlier, we haven't seen them since" Talon replied as he flew off.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Roaring across the landscape, Prime sped back to iacon... his mind nearly shattered by the events that had occurred at the temple... he was still haunted by that faint voice from within the matrix... And now more than ever, prime was afraid... Primus was gone... the matrix was part of him... would... would the matrix still have any meaning now? Certainly, with all of the knowledge of past autobot leaders, it was still a well of knowledge... but... when would optimus have time to seek from its wells when war still raged...?

Hovering above, Galvatron maintained his position over prime's trailer...and alpha convoy's broken body...

" A true shame.... that such acts have become essential for our survival... one such as he might have been better suited to matters of our situation than we ourselves..." he muttered

Prime had closed the gap between himself and iacon by now...

"Galvatron... it's your decision.... you may be better to return to metrotitan... to sort matters out there..."

"Indeed, Prime... until next we meet..."

The purple jet peeled off, roaring across the horizon, streaking off for metrotitan...

Prime roared into iacon, only to find disaster before him... security squads torn apart... Quickswitch in a rage...and not far away, snapdragon... At first glance, he almost had thought snapdragon might have caused it... however taking a more in depth look at things, he could telll from the fear in snapdragon's optics... he was very much afraid... apparently he'd been severely injured in the battle, and as such, under Quickswitch's watchful eyes, had been brought to iacon to undergo repairs...

Screeching to a halt, Prime's rig section split and transformed...

"Quickswitch, what's going on here?" he queried to the security officer
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Formulate a battle plan and retreat action for Metrotitan simultaneously! I am contacting Lord Galvatron as we speak!" Astrotrain responded to Shockwave's message.

At the same time, he patched in a signal to the Decepticon Emperor Lord.

"Galvatron- Astrotrain reporting. We have a situation. The Quintessons have invaded. What are my orders? Prepare Metrotitan for battle, or retreat into space? Shockwave calculates the odds are not good for a holding action!"

Quick Switch saluted as Prime appeared.

"A Decepticon bombing attack, Optimus." The Security Director relaxed his stance and pointed at Snapdragon. "This one denies involvement, but his mere prescence caused the death of one of my best officers. I'm going to interrogate him personally."

He pointed outwards.

"I have an entire Security Squad searching Iacon for the assassin, Optimus. My men will find him." The Six Changer's face was grim.

When I discover the assassin, he'll wish he'd died. Because death will be the first thing he'll wish for when I get my hands on him. I swear it.

Devcon continued to shamble through the streets of Iacon.

"Optimus Prime...Optimus Prime...urgent message..."

A passing Security Patrol team stopped Devcon.

"What the? Another vagabond?" One asked, slinging his energy carbine rifle over his chest and looking at Devcon.

"No- take a look! It's bleedin' Devcon!" The other said breathlessly, pocketing his energy baton.

"Yes, I am Devcon- I am a bounty hunter. I bring Decepticons to justice," he repeated, nodding, pointing at his Autobot sigil.

"Right. You've been worked over. We'll take you to Iacon command. Let's go!" The baton wielding officer took Devcon's hand and began leading him away.

The carbine officer waved away a clatch of neutrals.

"All right, show's over. Move along, citizens!" He walked after his partner, with Devcon in tow. The citizens, duitfully, went back to their business in the City.