[Original RPG] Divided Loyalties C5: The End Game: Cybertron

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Hah. Aristocracy. An ankward institution from the past. Your ancestors were not born as aristocrats, Thunderwing. They were nothing more than commoners who were able to exploit their peers to gain more power for themselves. Where do you see them now? The likes of Galvatron or Teratron are the aristocrates of our era." Scorponok sneered at Thunderwing's words.

"Ancient traditions fall and rise... but in the end... only power matters. There is not such a thing as birthright." The massive Decepticon smirked and turned his gaze over to Fortress Maximus.

"Thunderwing is now my prisoner Autobot. And he is not going anywhere. I am not bound to obey your laws and traditions. We wait." Scorponok stated coldly. And if Galvatron doesn't return... then I might claim the leadership of Decepticons to myself...

Iacon

Snapdragon transformed slowly to robot mode and straightened to his full height despite the pain caused by an internal damage Mirage had caused. Lucky shot... damn that Autobot... weren't it for him I would not be in this situation...

Angrily the Horrorcon turned to look at the two Autobots. "Just lead the way."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing fumed.

"No," he said softly. "I reject your philosophy."

Quick Switch took in Snapdragon's appearance with a quick glance. Interdictor shifted his firing stance.

"Cover him," the Security Director said briskly.

"Sah!" Interdictor aimed his carbine and pointed it at Snadragon's head.

Quick Switch held out his hands.

"Hand over all your weapons to me, immediately. No armed Decepticon will walk into Iacon. Fail to comply, and Officer Interdictor will shoot you dead."

Just to clarify the point, Interdictor cocked the carbine in a smooth motion, and squinted one optic along the crosshairs.

"Do it, bleedin' Con!" he bellowed. The security officer was just itching to pull the trigger, and blast the disgusting Decepticon's head all over the runway.

Two other patrol officers appeared near the gates from nearby watchtowers, hands on energy pistols. Just in case.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

As the Autobots started making their demands for Snapdragon to turn over his weapons, something shot into the opening of the hanger. A metal sphere-like object bounced past Snapdragon, then rolled along the floor, landing in the midist of the Autobots. Once it stopped rolling, it immediately detonated, creating a rather large explosion for such a small item. It was not quite large enough to reach all the way to Snapdragon, but it came pretty close.

As the explosion calmed down, leaving a few smoldering flames, a sinister laugh echoed into the hangar as a black helicopter coasted into view.
---------
[Edit] :) Too many moves Aero Blade. Please adjust to allow others a chance to react or decide if they were taken off guard. I'll be on later tonight. Scout
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat, Siren, and Hosehead: -walk up to Scorponok, stop beside Grimlock-

Nightbeat: -looks up at Thunderwing- "Ah, good. Sleeping Beauty is awake. Glad to see that you're still hanging around."

Minerva: -looks over at Metroplex- "Guys? Why go back to Iacon? We could just go over to Metroplex."

Chromedome: "Might not be a bad idea. Metroplex has medical facilities, and the trip wouldn't be nearly as far."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

The bomb detonated only a few feet away from the security officers, sending up a huge cloud of smoke and debris.

"Code Red, Code Red, Iacon is under siege! Send back up!" One of the Gatehouse security officers screamed. His companion slammed his fist down on a klaxon alarm, which screech echoed in the outside of the city.

Quick Switch was hurled in the air and slammed down about twenty feet away on the concrete, dazed.

A piece of shrapnel lodged into Interdictor's head, killing the security officer instantly, though not before he fired off one last shot from his energy carbine at Snapdragon's head on reflex. Interdictor's body hit the ground with a sickening thud.

Three more security officers appeared in a few minutes; the two gate house guards were already sprinting toward the scene.

"By Primus! The Director's down!" one of them screamed.

"Deception trap!" another yelled, pulling out his energy pistol.

"We're under attack! Seal off the city!" the third screamed.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Sureshock was thouroughly enjoying his vantage point from Aero Blade's shoulder. There was something welcoming about the big transformer, and fascinating as well. He seemed a bit like Skyfire. Then Skyfire drifted back to Sureshock's thoughts and he tuned out the conversation.
-----------
Missing minicons? Hound thought for a moment as they resumed traveling to Iacon. "If you mean the other two Aero Blade, I think they'll be fine. They know their way back to Iacon, and they've been taking care of themselves for a long time. Besides, I'm certain the other Autobots wouldn't harm them. There it is... Iacon. I'm going to radio ahead."

"Iacon security... this is Hound. We're approaching with a willing, non-aggressive prisoner. Please advise."

-----------
Grindor and Highwire had wandered off in the dust cloud that Hot Rod had stirred up, and some time later had discovered Jetstorm's crumpled and lifeless figure. They were in shock for a while, then Highwire picked up Jetstorm and put him onto Grindor's skateboard mode. They started the trip back to Iacon without talking.
-----------
Mirage sat out on an outer wall of Iacon. It hadn't taken him long to get back to the city, but checking in wasn't a priority. Deep in thought, he laid his rifle across his legs and drew his knees to his chest. He looked out over the vast expanse of Cybertron outside the Iacon walls and closed his optics to think.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Iacon Security Wing:

"Roger that Hound, Security Controller Impede reporting. There's just been a bombing attack, Director Quick Switch has been immobilized, another Security Officer is dead. I repeat, Code Red."

Dirge, once again in jet mode and rolling along with Hound, tried to stay calm.

He'd heard garbled transmissions on Hound's radio, but the phrase "bombing attack" stuck out.

"Oh no, they're going to shoot me on sight! Quick Switch is the security director! He's a fanatic!"
God Jinrai
Protoform

OOC: G91 asked I finish this... so no one take offence... I'm autoing rodimus at min.

Post by God Jinrai »

Within the temple of primus, an interal struggle had been going on for some time now... Alpha convoy's body destroyed, Unicron had made his move, seeking to posess optimus prime, and in doing so, corrupt primus' essence, and quite possibly, wipe out the entire transformers race...

However unicron's plan has since gone awry. Now trapped within the body of a weakening Rodimus Convoy, Unicron has grown more and more irrate... Rodimus, barely able to contain unicron, has prepared to self destruct... but self detonation is not enough to extinguish unicron...

"Prime... I can't hold him anymore! If I don't do it now, it's all over!"

"Rodimus, You don't understand! By self destructing, you'll set unicron free AGAIN! We can't allow him to leave the temple!"

"He is correct, Rodimus... Unicron cannot be permitted to run free ever again..."

"Then... I must do... The unthinkable."

Rodimus staggered forward towards the portal, arms outstretched as if battling a gale force wind. But the forces arrayed against him were considerably greater than the worst of the elements. A nimbus of red light flickered around his head, like a corrupted halo as Unicron struggled to exert his influence. Every step, every thought a battle against domination.

You can not prevail, Rodimus Prime. You are nothing compared to the might of Unicron, Destroyer of Worlds!

"I... Will..."

You do not walk alone, Rodimus Convoy. another's thoughts flashed through his head.

"Primus..."

Yes, noblest of warriors. Your strength will be an inspiration to your race for eons to come.
"Thrice cursed fool!" Unicron howled. "Will I never be rid of you?"

"Yes Unicron," Rodimus spoke aloud. "Yes you will."

And with his final ounce of self control, and self being, Rodimus leapt into the portal.

"Now and forever... BE GONE UNICRON!"

Prime's chestplate swung down, and removing the matrix from its resting place in his chest, directed its energies toward the autobot insignia above the gate... and as quickly as the energies struck it... the gate abruptly began to close... The last thing PRime and galvatron could hear over the roaring of the closing gateway was a shout from unicron...

"FOOLS! I HAVE WON!!! PRIMUS IS NO MORE!!!! " followed by a sickening laugh...

and suddenly it hit optimus... A voice from within whispered silently to optimus... "Farewell...old friend"...Rodimus convoy... had all along been the Avatar of Primus... and Optimus had just sealed not only unicron... but Primus himself away...forever. and to open the gateway again would mean setting unicron free again...

"I... I can't.... NO! PRIMUS NOOOOOOO!!!!"

Galvatron rose grimly as Optimus let out that shout... and solemnly, he approached his counterpart... setting a hand on his shoulder...

"It had to be done, Optimus. Primus acts in strange ways... perhaps it was his destiny to forever battle unicron in this place... perhaps it was meant to be this way from the start... "

"Perhaps..." prime silently spoke... "But... now...we truly are alone... " Prime transformed into his vehicle mode... engine idling at a low level...

Galvatron, however, approached the altar, and lifted alpha convoy's body from its resting place, setting it upon prime's trailer...

"He... deserves a hero's rest, Optimus... let us grant him that... and the memory of a sacrifice so great... and noble that he rivals us in greatness...and Rodimus...who's final act ensured that we all shall live to see a new...perhaps better tomorrow."

With that, Galvatron transformed to jet mode, hovering just above optimus... and so, the two departed the temple of primus...

It was over....

OOC: Continued once Staff is prepared for the next arc. Until then... steel yourselves.