[Original RPG] Divided Loyalties C5: The End Game: Cybertron

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Divided Loyalties C5: The End Game: Cybertron

Post by Scout »

After the corruption of Rodimus Convoy by Thunderwing and the Chaos Matrix, Rodimus swayed many of Optimus Prime's troops into following him in a quest for peace. Because of the distrust gleaned from the falling out between Optimus and Rodimus, the Decepticon Thunderwing was able to play them against each other. They had some skirmishes, which built up to the final battle between Optimus and Thunderwing.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

seeing springer's body fall to the ground... thunderwing's taunt... and grimlock's words... drove prime over the edge... charging at his top speed, he blasted toward thunderwing...

"both of you will wish you never existed, you sick, twisted piece of slag! "
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing laughed.

"So be it! The final battle begins again, posthaste!"

And the aristocrat flung himself once more into the breech with Optimus Prime.

Quick Switch shook his head.

"It must have been an accident," the Six Changer mumbled. "Optimus Prime is no killer!"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Dreadwind transformed and headed off towards the sky, desperate to avoid the fire from Chromedome.

Roadbuster and Hardhead's fire sent Darkwing sent him across the way, into where Thrust and Apeface were laying.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade stood, looking at the ground, but not really looking at anything. He was lost in his own thoughts....

Everything I've learned about the Autobots...all of my dreams...all of my ideals...they mean nothing anymore, this place had proven it... "Everything I believed in was a sham..." He wispered to himself, looking at his hands. "All that time wasted..."

"That's not true," Stratus said, looking up at Aero Blade from his perch on the transformer's shoulder. "This place is different..." He continued, looking over the fighting. "These transformers have forgotten everything you learned..." He looked back up at Aero Blade. "It's like when everyone back home forgot how to fix that weird console in the command room. When you showed them, they remembered what they were supposed to do again," Stratus said, cocking his head at Aero Blade. "Can't you show these guys how to act like Autobots again?"

"Who am I to be an example of an Autobot..." Aero Blade whispered to Stratus and himself, with alittle distain, but also sounding slightly hurt.

Stratus stared up at Aero Blade. "But...if you don't...who will?"

That one statement for some reason almost felt like it peirced right through Aero Blade. Who would show them? Everyone around here were only interested in fighting with one another. Perhaps, if they wouldn't listen to eachother, maybe they'd listen to a stranger...

Aero Blade turned to face Hound again, staring into the Autobot scout's eyes for a long moment.

"I will help you. Whatever you need done, I will do it..."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hound glanced to Aero Blade and Stratus only for the briefest of moments as the matrix opened. He started responding with, "We need to destroy the chaos-", when suddenly he saw the flash rip through Springer. He stood in shock, jaw open slightly. His whole life had been devotd to protecting the Matrix, and now it had just killed an Autobot.
Or did it? .....Did it? Or is this a trick of the Chaos Matrix? Hound blinked. Everything was silent around him. Figures looked like they were moving in slow motion. He saw Grimlock kill Thundercracker. He saw Bluestreak's mangled body lying near Metroplex.

"I... don't know. I don't know anymore..." He said as his voice died out to a whisper. Then, in the midst of his shock, the little minicon's voice registered and caused Hound's mind to focus on memories and block out the majority of the rest.
Ignoring the battle, he produced a small hologram of several Autobots inside the Ark having fun with games and playing. "This is how things used to be... even in Iacon, and not that long ago."
The hologram switched to show a bunch of Autobots in the central courtyard of Iacon playing ball.
"Then Thunderwing came along and everything split. Some came back later, because they're not really bad, they're just misled, and it all comes down to that slagging Chaos Matrix!" Hound paused, then continued. "We're all still Autobots... we are. They just---- all of us... we don't understand- didn't see what was going on. We've been used, and even our essence of identity ---- it's...we've all been used now--- to destroy each other. The Chaos matrix needs to be destroyed, but I think only Optimus Prime can do that."
He looked up and out over the battlefield with a glazed look as he tried to figure out what to do next.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -stops firing at Dreadwind as he soars away(and thus having missed Springer's demise)- "Chromedome, forget Dreadwind. Help Hardhead destroy Darkwing." -turns as Thunderwing leaps at Prime, sees Springer's lifeless body- "Springer?" -drops guns, walks over to Springer's body, drops to knees- "No...... dammit, NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" -sags- "I can't be the last of us..... I can't be the last one......."

Chromedome and Hardhead: -concentrate fire on Darkwing-

Brainstorm: -finishes patching Nightbeat's fuel lines back together, looks up, sees Springer- "Oh, no......."

Nightbeat: -woozily- "Wha......?"

Brainstorm: -stands, runs over to Springer, sees the obvious- "Roadbuster, I-"

Roadbuster: -on his feet in a picosecond, smashes his right fist into Brainstorm's jaw, HARD-

Brainstorm: -hit so hard, the interlocks connecting him to his transector burn out and disengage, sending his head flying through the air to land on the ground a little under a kilometer away, head transforms to robot mode- "An' th' lice wen' out, all over th' worl'." -passes out-

Roadbuster: -hears Quick Switch's comment, walks over to where he left his guns, picks them up, checkes the charge and ammo left, looks over towards Prime and Thunderwing- "You'd better hope Thunderwing kills you, Prime...... because if he doesn't, I will." -stalks towards Prime and Thunderwing-

Nightbeat: -sees what's happening, too weak to stand- "No..... Can't let.... him......" -activates commlink-

Siren: -sighs at Minerva keeps yelling at Rodimus, activates commlink- "Yo."

Nightbeat: "Siren...... need you, Hose.... head, and.... Minerva here........."

Siren: "Nightbeat?"

Nightbeat: "Springer's dead..... I think Prime killed him......"

Siren: "WHAT?"

Nightbeat: "Prime fired..... a beam of energy... at Thunderwing.... caught Springer by accident.... I think...."

Siren: "Oh, no...."

Nightbeat: "Not the bad part....... Roadbuster's gonna.... try to kill Prime...."

Siren: "We gotta stop him!"

Nightbeat: "No... you guys have to.... I'm too low on power....."

Siren: "Great. We'll be there ASAP. Siren out." -deactivates commlink- "C'mon, Hosehead."

Siren and Hosehead: -walk over to Minerva, pick her up by the arms, and carry her away, back to Nightbeat and the others-
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkwing barrel rolled out of the way, finally noticing that Springer had fallen.

He laughed.

"Hey, Roadbuster!" he shouted. "Looks like your buddy couldn't take the heat!"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch snapped his head up at Roadbuster's comment.

In a microsecond, his photon blasters were out in his hands, cocked and ready to go.

"It was an accident Roadbuster! Threaten Optimus Prime again and I'll take you down! For all I know you are infected by the Chaos Matrix. I'd be justified!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -hears Quick Switch, stops, turns around, takes in Quick Switch's mangled condition, optic band narrows- "Accident? I doubt it. If Prime could have done that all along, why didn't he do it earlier?" -stalks towards the six changer, quaking with fury- "If your smegging precious Optimus Prime could have fired off that blast when he was fighting Thunderwing, WHY DIDN"T HE?!?! WHY DID HE WAIT UNTIL AFTER NIGHTBEAT LURED THUNDERWING AWAY???? WHY DID HE WAIT FOR SPRINGER TO SHOW UP?????? HE HAD AMPLE OPPOUTUNITY TO FIRE BEFORE!!!!!" -points at Prime- "Because of that swaggering, tin-plated dictator with delusions of godhood, my leader and best friend is dead. That makes him no better than Rodimus OR Thunderwing. But that's the way you Autobots at high command have always treated us, even back during Operation Volcano. None of you ever really gave a slag about any of us Wreckers. All we've ever been to you is tools. Use us and throw us away after you break us." -snarls- "If you think you can stop me, you're more than welcome to try. But compared to me, Grimlock's merciful."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hardhead: -continues firing all weapons at Darkwing-

Chromedome: -starts scanning the skies for Dreadwind-
Galvatron91

A trio arrives...

Post by Galvatron91 »

"You are correct Thunderwing..."

The voice tappers of as a kick is planted squarely on the right cheek of Thunderwing.

The figures land and decloak to reveal Galvatron.

Galvatron: "The end game has commenced...and your demise is imminent. The time of speeches the, time of your domination is at an end...for today, Galvatron enters the battle...and the last thing you see as the life fades from your optics, will be the chaos...the sad heart of Unicron torn from your chest and crushed in my hands."

Galvatron moved into position. The kick had knocked Thunderwing out of his immediate path of fire against Prime. Now he stood glaring Thunderwing down, a defiant sneer on his face...if this be the end of days it would not be his end alone...Thunderwing would taste the cold embrace of death with him.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

"We got 'em! Stinger Sedate 'em!" Blaster called as the Scorpion ran forward readying his tail putting a shot into Apeface and Thrust meant to knock them offline for a few hours.
~~

Wheeljack connected the last wires then shut the panel on Sideswipe's chest nodding "Sideswipe you awake?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch shrugged. The term "Operation Volcano" was meaningless to him, since he'd never heard it before.

"A good soldier never questions his commander," the Six Changer replied, "and while Autobots like me are incomprehensible to damn-near renegades such as yourself, Roadbuster, who don't have the patience to follow the regular chain of command, that isn't my problem."

The Six Changer laughed bitterly.

"You don't think Springer's suicidal battle tactics might have played a part in his death? How he just couldn't wait to enter the fray? Oh, no, of course not. A Wrecker can't admit that he's wrong, can he? So who do you blame- the Command Element. Our glorious Leader, Optimus Prime, who has never besmirched himself to refute such petty accusations by those bitter over his natural gifts."

Quick Switch narrowed his optics.

"But I certainly will defend Optimus Prime's name. I'm a good soldier, and I follow orders. Why? Because that's what an officer does. And spare me your Wrecker elitist-garbage. When did you 'commandos' think of the regular Troops of the Line? Who serve, not for glory, but because of loyalty. To our Cause, and to our Commander."

Pause.

"I say again- stand down, now, or I won't hold myself responsible for what I do to you."

Thunderwing was caught completely unaware from Galvatron's assault, and landed heavily on his back, knocked away from Optimus Prime. He rose easily.

"Ah, Galvatron," the aristocrat replied airily. "Still as delusional as ever. If you feel the need to rush headling into oblivion by attacking me, then so be it. Far be it from me to stop you."
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Far be it from me to stop you.

Galvatron merely continued his sneer.

Galvatron: "Far be it from you to stop anything...much less me from claiming victory."

Galvatron fired a series of plasma pulses towards Thunderwing.

Galvatron: "For too long you have sought to usurp power from me...for too long you have quested, nae thirsted for what is not, nor ever has been yours. The time has come for me to end this little tet et tet we have delved into so bitterly, its time for you to finally learn your place...plebian!"

With one hand placed behind his back Galvatron enlisted a power long since forgotten...long left unused. Not since his days in his tank form had he used the ability...now with his right fist clinched, he commenced the process of energizing the neutrons...exciting the electrons from the air around him...the result...devastation, or so he hoped. With the reaction set, Galvatron brought his fist forward, unleashing the deadly nuclear explosion towards his foe to follow his plasma bursts...praying to primus the shots would find their mark...and be enough.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: "'Wrecker Elitist GARBAGE?!?' Your vaunted never wrong high command FORMED the Wreckers and have spent every single waking moment since trying to kill us! If Prime is never wrong, then why didn't he fire when he had a clear shot?? Simple. You people won't miss another Wrecker. This is just the first time your leader decided to do the job himself. They don't like admitting they need us, so why not? Just send them on missions that they're the best at and HOPE THEY DIE!! And for some reason, we're still following you skekking morons!!!" -optic band narrows to a blazing green slit- "If you think you're good enough, you can try to stop me."

Siren and Hosehead: -still dragging Minerva along behind them, heading for Nightbeat and the others-

Siren: "Minerva, calm down! Forget Rodimus! We need to keep Roadbuster from doing something stupid!"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

OOC: Heinrad, you DO realize that Darkwing is pretty much dead right now...right? And Blaster, you do know he's with Apeface and Thrust. Feel free to capture him, too. :)

Apeface and Thrust twiched, then slid into stasis lock.

Darkwing's shell was being stripped away because of Hardhead's constant fire.

"Why not?" Dreadwind said, barreling towards Roadbuster
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Ultra Magnus stared at the female Predacon that he helped bring down, He dropped his rifle, "Look we can kill you, you're under an influnce, you must fight it." He then looked at Moonblayze, "Maybe we could retrain her somehow..."

Hot Rod stood in his own place, with his Targetmaster gun smoking, "There is much to fight for today... for love and for freedom." Then Hot Rod overheard Hound's speech, "Hound... it's got to be both of them... I mean Prime and Rodimus, they have to work together to destroy Thunderwing, no I mean the Choas Matrix... wait that's the problem, the choas... the fighting! Listen to me! We have to stop fighting! We're only fueling the Choas Matrix with our hatred!" Hot Rod stood there, did his words mean anything? Or where they empty like the battle itself? Was the way to defeat Thunderwing, the way of peace. There was only one way to find out. Hot Rod dropped his weapon, "I may be doing something very stupid, but it was to be done! I... WILL... NOT... FIGHT ANYMORE!"
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Galvatron has entered the fray..." Scorponok hissed and began to rise up, ignoring those few Autobots that had been commanded to help him. They were mere Autobots, not even worth of his attention... just a small nuisance to his own auto-repair systems.

Despite being heavily damaged, Scorponok was still almost as deadly as before. The time he had been laying on the ground motionless had not gone in vain. The enormous Decepticon
had used this time efficiently to repair his internal damages, thus gaining full control of his systems again. Only his ravaged armor told the gruesome truth.

As he began scanning the battlefield something spotted the corner of his optics and his jaw was almost dropped in disbelief. His indestructable trident... broken to pieces. Incredible... he survived my attack... he survived Optimus Prime and the Autobot Matrix of Leadership... Galvatron cannot win this alone, not even if he has the Decepticon Matrix again. Cursed be fate for making us work side by side with the Autobots again! For that is the only way to win!

Then his audioreceivers spotted the heated change of word between Roadbuster and Quick Switch about Optimus Prime being guilty of a murder of an another Autobot. What is this... ah, Springer run in the way of Prime's attack and died... a fitting end for a fool...

"Nevertheless... I cannot let you kill Optimus Prime, Autobot. He is still needed." Scorponok grumbled and extended his claw to grab Roadbuster who was a mere ant compared to the gigantic Decepticon...
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Skywarp shook his head clear of cobwebs, he'd forgotten quite how powerful Grimlock was. After all the Dinobot had been dead for quite some time.

Then he saw the burnt out carcass of Thundercracker in front of him. The body was knelt, the energo sword was still driven through his chest and dug in the ground. Thundercracker was slanted backwards. An appearance of massive trauma apparent on his face.

"Grimlock!!" Was all Skywarp could manage, he couldn't even raise a yell. His anger was over-loading his systems.

The black seeker teleported right in front of Grimlock, startling him slightly.

"Stupid move autobot" Grimlock deftly removed the sword from Thundercracker's broken shell and swung it towards Skywarp. The seeker vanished and re-appeared behind Grimlock, the smirk on his face soon turned to a grimace...then twisted agony.

Skywarp's torso behind to grind and crack, the metal grated and rasped as his body began to split in two. Grimlock has counted on Skywarp's teleportation and swung the sword 360º

If he could of Grimlock would have had a massive grin on his face, he'd slaughtered two Decepticons in quick succession.

"Prime not distinguish between Autobot or Decepticon anymore. Me know my enemy, it not Autobot all the time, but Prime mis-guided, stupid, blinded by rage and anger. Him want to destroy anything that does not believe he is the right way."