[Original RPG] Divided Loyalties - C4 : Clash of the titans (Rodimus & Optimus)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Divided Loyalties - C4 : Clash of the titans

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

(With Springer's assumed command of the Autobots loyalists in tact, and Optimus Prime out of the picture, Quick Switch has lead a group of Autobots to mount an offensive against Rodimus Convoy and Metroplex. The War rages on with no clear winner in view)
StoneCold Skywarp

Grimlock nodded solemnly at Rodimus Convoy before patching a secure channel to Silverbolt.

"Prepare Aerialbots and Slipstream to deploy and counter-attack."

Prowl watched the attackers spill forth and Metroplex's massive cannons scorch into life.

"Ratchet this is Prowl, any news to report on the condition of Sky Lynx? By the looks of things, we're gonna need the modest goof soon..."

Un-characteristicly Prowl cracked a slight joke, it was his way of dealing with what was about to come at them.

"Me Grimlock think it about time we got ready to battle, only so long Metroplex gonna be able to stop long-range attack, better we ready for close quarter combat."
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Ratchet shook his head "No Prowl? I just got started on the guy. This bomb did alot of damage interior and exterior. I'll work as fast as I can"
~~

"Come on Springer, you're repaired now what I don't wanna be watin' all day"
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

" A thousand yards, and closing" Prime muttered... "This is going to be close... "

The rig continued to burn across the battlefield toward metroplex...

"Almost there... NOW! TRANSFORM!"

Prime detached from the trailer segment, and released the powerlinks on sparkplug, astroscope, payload and skyblast. the four transformed along with the base, taking posts at weapons stations, prepping to open fire if called for...

Optimus tore through the air, flying up, landing on what would have been metroplex's left leg... the massive proton cannon not far from his place errupted massive bursts of energy at his oncomming troops... and then he spotted them... atop metroplex's command tower... Grimlock... Prowl... and Rodimus Himself...

Prime raised his two fists, opening fire, sending off two warning shots from his forearm cannons... "Rodimus... we can decide this very easily... and possibly spare the lives of our soldiers in doing so!"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch in his fanatical haze lurched suddenly on his quest toward Rodimus Convoy.

"Optimus, the traitor will never negotiate!" the security expert/assault warrior/field commander said hoarsley. "Don't endanger yourself!"

The robot began sprinting toward his commander. His hero.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Rodimus nodded.
"And perhaps sooner than you think. Prowl, direct the troops from here. Grimlock, you're with me."

With that, Rodimus drew his rifle from subspace, and leapt up onto the parapet, before jumping down, rocket boosters in his feet providing a fast, yet controlled descend, and firing off several shots in return.

"As you wish Prime. This time, I will not allow you to continue your corruption, and spread anarchy among the Autobots!" he called.

"Grimlock, you take Quick Switch. I'll handle Prime."

Omega Supreme saw Bruticus coming, and moved to take his charge, firing a blast from his massive cannon as the lumbering gestalt moved in.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Let's see what you're truly made of, Rodimus..." Prime roared... leaping skyward again, his boot jets gave him the additional lift he needed for what he had planned... Flying up and over rodimus, flipping in mid-air... similar in nature to the sort of stunt he'd pulled in 2005 in his final charge against megatron and the decepticons... twisting to his left, and completing his rotation, as he came down, prime opened fire at rodimus' feet... four energy bursts collided with either metroplex's hull, or rodimus' feet... which, Prime knew not... nor cared about. it was meant as a set-up for his next move... which hopefully would take the wind out of rodimus before things got too hairy... Landing, he snapped back into vehicle mode, igniting his headlights, hoping to blind the turning rodimus... and charged full on at his opponent, wheels squealing against metroplex's hull
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch scowled as the leaders met in combat, and transformed to his stealth beast mode.

Letting out a feral scream, Quick Switch pawed the ground awaiting Grimlock to engage him.

"I...*snarl*...will rip you apart, Grimlock!"

Bruticus lurched backward from Omega's blast; Bruticus' chest guard was nearly shattered by its force.

Undaunted, Bruticus brought his fists up in a hammerblow, lept into the air, and brought his arms down at the apogee of his leap (a good twenty feet or so) towards Omega's head.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hardhead: -fires 10 more high explosive anti-armor rounds into the same spot on Metroplex's armor(total up to 30)- "Commander, I'm running dry on hi-ex ammo!"

Nightbeat: "Right. How many shots left?"

Hardhead: "Ten more. Then I'm into incidiary."

Nightbeat: "Got you. I hope you can breach that armor." -looks over, sees what's going on with Optimus, Rodimus, Quick Switch, and Grimlock- "Chromedome! Get back here! If he's nuts enough to go up against Grimmy, he won't appreciate any help!"

Chromedome: "But Grimlock will kill him!"

Nightbeat: "Good point. Better save him. But don't interfere until it's obvious that Grimlock's got him on the ropes."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Jetfire shook off the pain relays and stood up. The wing was damaged, but flying was still possible. The shot had caused more shock than damage fortunately.
"Time for a little payback." He said as he reached into a small sack and popped a couple energy pellets. It had been a distance journey for him and his fuel had been expended. Although the tablets could not make him stronger, they would insure he had enough fuel to battle with. After downing the energy tablets, he charged forward. Comettor ran behind and grabbed onto his ankle as Jetfire began transforming.

"Right with you." Comettor answered as he transformed and latched himself onto the joining post on Jetfire's damaged right wing. Jetfire roared upwards, and turned perpendicular to the ground as he shot a strafing run right down the length of Metroplex's gun turrets.
-------
Below, with Jetfire now off the ground, the Street Action team began to focus their fire on the same wall of Metroplexthat Hardhead was firing on.
-------
Hound didn't see Prime lunge for Rodimus. His mind was spinning- Autobots fighting Autobots... and Decepticons.

His light blue optics fixed on Omega and Bruticus, and he pulled out his rifle. Instinctively, he sighted it on Bruticus, then brought it back to Omega... and then he dropped the muzzle out of frustration. The emotions were very confusing, but never before had he ever been asked to fire on other Autobots. His audials were buzzing from the amount of noise going on and got his attention. The sound of Metroplex's massive cannons discharging was sensor-splitting, but above the din and quite suddenly, a familiar and distant snarl registered in his auditory sensors. Quick Switch! Hound stowed his rifle and started running in the direction he had heard the snarl from.
-------
That's it! Hardhead did it. Mirage thought to himself as he saw the smoke clear to reveal a split in Metroplex's wall. In a flash he sprinted forward and slipped inside the opening. Still invisible, he moved quickly into the hall so he could try to be clear of the area before reinforcements arrived.
-------
Meanwhile, back at Iacon, Jetstorm and Runway followed Sonar into the medical lab in jet form - dropping the medical tools onto an open cot as they did and then transformed, landing in the middle of the room. Runway smiled at First Aid. "We're from Optimus and Hound, and have brought the tools they bought, but we cannot stay. We must return to Optimus."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: "Cease fire, Hardhead! Wall's breached!"

Hardhead: -stops firing cannon, switches to sonic shells-

Siren: "Now what?"

Nightbeat: "Keep up the cover fire until I give the signal."

Siren: "Signal?"

Nightbeat: "When I give the word, you guys enter Metroplex."

Hosehead: "What are you going to do?"

Nightbeat: "Wait for Thunderwing."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Iacon...

It had been a while since he'd driven along the grand boulevard leading into Iacon's enormous gates. Not that there was any nostalgia associated with his current trip. Moreso unending grief. As he pressed on toward the gates, he puttered to a stop and transformed to his robot mode, afraid that the defenses might slaughter him on the spot for what they considered him. He held another Transformer's body in his arms, but it was dripping, mangled, and motionless.

"Hello?" he whimpered desperately.

Lightspeed had come home.

Metroplex...

"I don't believe this!"

Strafe pressed his hands against the window and gaped.

"Me too," Afterburner agreed. "Who'da figured Optimus woulda gone to all this? Bet he's got bombs set up all over the base already..."

Scattershot cocked his acid-pellet rifle and clanked toward the door.

"You three just gonna sit there and gawk?" he asked, "'Cause I'm willing to go out there by myself if you're scared."

Nosecone looked from one Technobot to another loftily.

"What about Lightspeed?" Strafe asked defensively.

"We don't need him," Scattershot replied. "Now quit with the dumb questions and move it!"

There was no question to be had. The three smaller Technobots ran to the rack on the wall, grabbed their weapons, and ran after (the somewhat slow and injured) Scattershot. They charged out through one of Metroplex's deployment tunnels, but stopped at a cliff on the fortress' edge. Nosecone spotted a pack of infidels firing on the base below and pointed them out to Scattershot.

"First targets," Scattershot announced. "Nosecone, Afterburner, you distract 'em while Strafe and I get into position above. Roll out!"

Strafe and Scattershot transformed and took to the air, while Nosecone and Afterburner jumped from the ledge and transformed in flight.

Nosecone, drill already warming up, landed before Hardhead and began target acquisition procedures.

Afterburner thumped onto the ground off to the side and squeeled around the group, firing a few sideways bursts from his plasma pulse cannon toward Siren's back.

Strafe, having maneuvered into position more readily than his leader, soared down toward the ground, leveled off, and blasted a pack of haphazard shots off toward Hosehead and the Mini-Cons.

Scattershot circled overhead and, finally having achieved a position of readiness, dove toward the ground and fired a pair of thermal shells at Nightbeat.

"Hmm."

Grand checked out the monitor next to him one more time, and sighed. The Maximus was already in battleship mode, but had not fired a shot yet.

"I don't think it's ready, but I've got no choice. All armaments power up! Pick targets of enemy Autobots and fire at will! Protect Metroplex at all costs!"

The cannons lining the ship's hull raised slowly, their barrels glowing with energy, and opened fire on those of Prime's scattered troops not dangerously close to Metroplex. The Master Cannon, mounted on the side of the control tower, took aim on Jetfire's enormous form and fired a powerful blast.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Brainstorm: -leaps and transforms, arcing aound towards Strafe, firing his photon pulse cannons(set to stun) a Strafe-

Hardhead: "A drill? What are you anyway? A dentist?" -fires a sonic shell and both shatterblasters at Nosecone-

Hosehead: -dodges Strafe's shots, starts to move towards Minerva-

Minerva: -fires a stun blast at Afterburner-

Siren: -takes the full burst of Afterburner's plasma pulse cannon in the back, staggers forward and collapses, shaking his head and trying to clear it-

Nightbeat: -dives for cover as the thermal shells impact where he had been standing, fires a stun blast at Scattershot- "Lovely. Instead of Thunderwing, I get the guy who's a walking testament to the power of the NRA."

Chromedome: -skids to a halt next to Quick Switch-
StoneCold Skywarp

"Blaster, we don't move til Thunderwing shows his ugly head."

Springer spoke with a firm tone, he was itching for battle too, but taken down Thunderwing was his own personal goal.

Prowl simply saluted and sat himself at a console. He sat forward as a device came forward from the station and attached to his eyes.

Prowl saw the oncoming Autobots up close, he took manual control of one of Metroplex's turrets and scattered laser blasts towards the battleground.

"You really stupid as you look..." Grimlock sheathed his sword and made for Metroplex's exit ramp. Grimlock ran through the halls, he'd been waiting for a half-way decent battle, and perhaps this Autobot was the one to give him a good fight.

Grimlock reached the ground and transformed into his massive T-Rex mode. He beckoned Quick Switch forwards to make the first attack.

Autoing Grotusque for the time being

Repugnus shot Grotusque a quizzical look.

"These guys are crazy..."

Grotusque : "Crazy? This is GREAT!! Look around you man, there's war...I LOVE THE SMELL OF LASER FIRE IN THE MORNING!!"

"Oooookay then...Grotusque, you go play with the pretty laser beams, see how far you get..."
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster just nodded and then looked back behind and saw a flashing icon on a control panel flashing turning around and walking over to it.

"So Springer what do you suggest we do for Sideswipes head?" Wheeljack asked.

Blaster pressed a few icons then looked at the screen "Springer there are two transformers just entering Iacon. One is badly damaged and being carried by the other do you recognize 'em?" Blaster backed off so the wrecker leader could get a look on the screen was Lightspeed and the damaged transformer he carried.
~~

Karandras looked back after using Crack's head as a launch pad spotting the battle at metroplex on a long range scan.

"Dammit, it's begun" he muttered dropping back to the hard ground crouching as the gestalt team kept firing. "Sorry boys gotta go" he said standing up and beginning to run and weave in between them, going to chuttle mode would be quicker but he still couldn't fly.
~~

Sunstreaker looked at Scattershot and grinned "Pay back" he muttered and retracted his hand compensating for the fact the Technobot was moving and then a missle came forward where his hand was and fired towards Scattershot.

Jazz was moving along the wall where he made the hole with the explosions watching the Technobots carefully. If they Formed Computron he'd lure him over by Omega Supreme and thenn blast them with something special.
StoneCold Skywarp

Springer grabbed a mic.

"Lightspeed, what're you doing here?"

Springer's voice eminated from Iacon's speaker system, booming around the Technobot.

"And where's the rest of the Technobots?"

Springer looked at Wheeljack...

"You not got anything temporary lying around that lab of yours?"
Blaster_86

"You not got anything temporary lying around that lab of yours?"

Post by Blaster_86 »

Wheeljack thought for a second "A few heads from Liege Maximos Cybertronians I was using for study, I think those would work"
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

RVZ, anytime now....

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

*** Iacon, Med Bay***
"Thanks for the tools, go and help the others" First Aid replies to the Minicons as he takes the tools and starts working on Trailbreaker.

*** Inside Metroplex, brig ***

Blaze sensed something, something all too familiar, her sisters. So they have finally arrived... time for some action. She heads over to the bars and adresses Bluestreak "If you value your life, you'll leave now...." was all she had to say.

*** Outside Metroplex ***

Frost had sensed Blaze's presence, but was too preoccupied by the current battle involving the Headmasters and the four Technobots. "Gale, cause some turbulance for those 2 fliers. Shock, see if that orange one is fast enough to dodge your stuff. I'll take care of the drill" she orders her sisters as she transforms to robot mode in mid air. She brings her arms together. A glowing ball, light blue in color, starts forming between her hands. Satisfied that it was strong enough to freeze the intended target solid, she hurls it towards Nosecone. Shock transforms and starts concentrating her lightning arcs into stronger ones. When the buildup was complete, she sends three seperate lightning bolts down to Afterburner's position. Gale stays in bird form however and focussing the the magical energy in her form, she starts beating her wings. The air around her starts swirling faster and faster. She send two strong gusts of wind to Scattershot and Strafe intent on shaking them up.

Ooc: owners of Technobots and Bluestreak, please Pm me about the fight. Ooc2: I got Fortress and Grand mixed up, section deleted.
StoneCold Skywarp

"So long as he doesn't go on a rampage like I did, I don't care. Use whatever you have to, get him on his feet again."

Springer took his attention back to the monitor to see Lightspeed's reaction.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Grand! NO!" Fortress was too late as his future brother's master cannon errupted energy at Jetfire... but taking no chances, he initiated his transformation...

"This is the ONLY way, my brother... Cosmobots! Dinobots! Deploy now!"

The drop bays swung open, dropping the cosmobots and dinobots directly into he battle zone... from over ten thousand feet up.

The maximus cruiser reconfigured, and fortress transformed into the head of his ship...

" Grand maximus! Stand down, or rise and face me!"
Fortress roared