[Original RPG] The Chaos Effect: Divine Right (Thunderwing)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Quick Switch

The Chaos Effect: Divine Right (Thunderwing)

Post by Quick Switch »

(The Decepticon Pretender aristocrat Thunderwing, splinter faction leader of a band of Decepticons, recovers from a massive battle with the Autobot God Jinrai within his new base of operations, Scorponok. His troops wish for action, yet Thunderwing waits for a more decisive signal to begin his plans for the planet's domination. An unpopular alliance with the Quintessons and the all-pervasive power of the Chaos Matrix are steadily fraying at Thunderwing's mind...)

Thunderwing was finishing tidying up his office to begin his work.

"Yes, indeed. Scorponok, if you would be so kind, check the local frequencies...there must be some news on Cybertron. I can sense my plebian troops-even my loyal subaltern Dirge-are getting restless."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Thrust, Apeface, Darkwing and Dreadwind sat with Thundercracker and Skywarp, wondering when Thunderwing would get around to giving them orders.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Sixshot reached the new 'apartment' that Thunderwing had inhabited and hammered the door.

He wasn't usually one for confrontation's like this, but something had to be done.

Skywarp sat with the others, nothing much doing, he couldn't even crack a joke, the silence was deathly.

Thundercracker stood up and looked at the surveilence videos that Scorponok was recording.

"Why is it so quiet?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Scorponok, open that transmission line!" Thunderwing said irritably. "I will not be cut off from the outside world in my own command center!"

Sixshot's rapping caused him to look up from his desk.

"Enter," Thunderwing called out.

Dirge got up and stood between Skywarp and Thundercracker.

"Why don't either of you check out Metroplex's frequency?"
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

>"The comm-line has been open ever since you asked for it for the first time, however my attention is needed elsewhere so you have to look from my datafiles if the transmissions of last few hours interests you. My system configuration after deactivation takes time, so everything I have to offer are records you have to search through manually. 60% of my essential sub-systems need still to be tested properly before we can take off. The estimate time still needed for my optimal function level is 20 breems." Scorponok responded to Thunderwing's inquiry rather annoyedly.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing sent out a transmission.

"Dirge, old boy, check out the channels at the moment, would you? Alert of me of anything pressing."

Dirge, in the control room with the others, nodded.

He sat down to a console and started typing.

"Uh, search query: Metroplex."

After a few moments, the giant city showed up. Along with half the Autobot armies.

"What the?!?" the blue Seeker whirled around and looked at Skywarp and Thundercracker. "You guys need to see this!"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkwing, Dreadwind, Apeface and Thrust crowded near the moniter.

"Anyone else got a bad feeling about this?", Dreadwind asked.
StoneCold Skywarp

Thundercracker tapped into the same visuals Dirge had received.

"They're tearing each other apart...." Thundercracker said, almost upset he wasn't in the midst of the battle.

"Ain't it delightful..." Skywarp put his hand to his mouth, immitatetd holding a cigar and shook it slightly.

Sixshot walked in Thunderwing's quarters.

"Homely..." Sixshot looked around the giant room.

"All you need is an open fire."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge looked at his comrades.

"Do you think Thunderwing will intervene?"

Thunderwing leaned back in his chair.

"Pleasentries were never your strong suit, Sixshot. What is it?"
StoneCold Skywarp

"I want to know what your plan is Thunderwing, I want to know where this insane ambition of yours ends. You are simply going to wipe all the other transformers off the face of the planet and hand it over to the quints? You really think that Teratron, or Galvatron, are really going to stand idley by and let that happen?"

"Few sandwiches short of a picnic through there? Who knows what the guy's thinking...." Skywarp was still playing with the imaginary cigar, but had now added a hat to the repertoire, trying to make Dirge laugh.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing rose and faced Sixshot face to face.

"I tolerate your attitude because you are perhaps one of the best warriors I have yet seen, Sixshot, but sometimes..." he paused.

"Cybertron is a dead world, most of which we do not understand. We, as a race, can expand most faster without it. With the Quintesson's limited help, my dear Sixshot, we will become the most powerful faction in the universe."

Dirge laughed nervously.

"Well, we can't second guess him now. Skywarp...wanna come with me and tell the boss that Metroplex is being attacked? I don't think he'll hurt me but...I'm not that brave."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Wimp... quit being so spineless Dirge." Snapdragon grunted from his corner. "Thunderwing is not like Galvatron... I haven't seen him punishing his soldiers because actions of others so far, why would he begin with you?"

"Although... I am pretty sure that he would appreciate swifter action conehead." The Horrorcon triplechanger smirked at Dirge and continued watching the realtime massacre shown by Scorponok's surveillance equipment.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Maybe we should all go", Darkwing asked. "Might not hurt."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge grunted and stood up.

"Fine, you can all make light of it. It's not like he doesn't have the friggin' Chaos Matrix and could wipe us all out with the flick of his wrist. Learning that his surrogate patsy is getting whipped might not sit well with him right now! Can't you guys tell? He's startning to act a little more...uh, eccentric."
StoneCold Skywarp

"Cybertron is not a dead world." Sixshot had heard enough of this maniac's preaching.

"Do you really believe that the Quintesson's will stop until they've eradicated EVERY transformer and they can begin mass production of autonomous beings again?!"

"Even with the Chaos Matrix at your beck and call, there is no guarantee that the Quints have planned for every eventuallity, I don't think they've survived for this long without guile and cunning."

Skywarp stood up.

"Someone's gotta be nuts enough to go back there and talk it out with him..."

Thundercracker said nothing, stood up and patted Skywarp on the shoulder.

"Ah, man...I was just goin to..."

Thundercracker spun Skywarp round in the direction that Sixshot had left in and kicked him forwards.

"Volunteer..."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Indeed? I don't seem to recall anybody exploring it. And what did we find when we did delve beneath? The Techno-Organics." Thunderwing shook his head.

"Can't you see, Sixshot? This isn't even our home. The Quintessons assembled our ancestors here. Everything is totally manufactured. Cybertron is not intrinsically ours. The Quintessons can have it. This may reduce their mechnations...indeed, may even cause them to leave the Galaxy forever, so we can all pursue our own plans."

Pause.

"Yes, I do think they'll stop. A war with me will be very costly, and the second most important thing to the Quintessons- besides re-acquiring Cybertron- is profit. Building another huge force to deal with myself and Convoy- after everyone is wiped out, naturally- is simply not economically pleasing." Thunderwing crossed his arms. "You've more conservative than I thought. Perhaps you haven't grasped the full extent of my vision."

Dirge nodded emphatically.

"Skywarp put up with Megatron's rages. Thunderwing will be no different...maybe."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

>"What about the Plasma Energy Chamber, Thunderwing? You are sitting on perhaps the most powerful energysource in existance and yet you overlook it. It needs to be tamed and directed to our use like it should. It should not be given into the hands of the Quintessons." Scorponok's voice grumbled from the speakers in the room.

>"The thrusters Megatron built eons ago are still in place. This planet is an enormous spaceship with its fuel sources cut off. Cybertron would be a weapon without equal if we wanted. Why not exploit the chance?" The enormous Decepticon around both Thunderwing and Sixshot asked.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing frowned.

"Forgotten about the Chamber, yes...well, at any rate...bargains can always be abrogated...at a high price."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

>"The question Thunderwing... is that can you afford losing Cybertron to Quintessons who know how to unleash the power of the Plasma Energy Chamber without destroying the whole planet?" Scorponok commented. >"As highly educated Decepticon you should know that the Quints were the ones who rigged the Plasma Energy Chamber so we could not use it in the first place."
Bombshell

OOC: Can someone please tell me why we're stealing War Within plots?

Post by Bombshell »

"Only one way to find out", Thrust said.