[Original RPG] Divided Loyalties - C3 : Peaceful Intentions (Optimus Prime)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Meanwhile, back at the base......

Roadbuster: -walks rest of the way into the control room, drops into a chair, and puts his feet up on a console, then looks at Springer- "So what's the mission, boss?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Jetfire's communicator beeped and he responded with a relieved note in his voice.
"Hello Optimus! I'm receiving, glad to hear you. I have the Headmasters, Mirage and Jazz aboard, as well as the minicons. We're following Blast Off who's carrying the Combatrons and Quick Switch at 16,000 feet and descending towards Metroplex's vicinity at 360 mph, bering a standard course of S by SE and flying in fair weather. The evening sky is nice and clear up here. As per orders, we're going to locate and destroy Metroplex's transformation cog."
--------
Aboard in the cockpit, Grindor and Sureshock flopped back down to their pilot chairs and buckled in. Grindor got an instantly bored look and started drumming his fingers over the velocity monitors as he watched them flicker.
Highwire was about to pop his feet up on the cockpit console, when Sureshock shot him a shake of the head. A flash of a disappointed look crossed his face and then he leaned forward to watch out of the cockpit windows, propping his chin on his fists.
Sureshock was even starting to get bored. He leaned over to Comettor, and after a moment asked, "Are we almost there yet?"

Comettor sat up and looked over his shoulder at Sureshock. "I'm not sure. We'll get there when we get there.

Jetfire laughed to himself as he started to play a Cybertronian video on a monitor. Okay you guys... time for a little inflight movie so I can talk to Optimus.
The Street Action team, now happily diverted their attention to the film. Comettor however, kept his attention focused on Jetfire's monitors.
--------
"Nightbeat, I'm not sure who's going after the cog, but backup plans are always good." Mirage said quietly to him as the hunter sat down in a seat. "And whoever it is will have their hands full."
Destroying it... hmm. Mirage settled back and closed his optics trying to think through what he remembered of Metroplex. This would be no easy task.
-------
Hound fell silent after Optimus replied. He didn't feel comfortable questioning his leader's choices, but he also didn't feel comfortable with the day's events either. Certainly Quick Switch would know what was going on.

"Good to hear you Quick Switch. I'm just reporting in. The trip was much longer than I expected, and I ran into some trouble, but out of the blue, Optimus showed up and helped out. Anyway, we're on the way back to Iacon with the medical tools. We should be back shortly. You sound agitated though... Feel like a snack break when we get back?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: "That's the other thing we don't know......"

Siren: "What? Why Thunderwing looks like such a doof?"

Hosehead: "I always thought he got hit with an ugly stick."

Minerva: -sighs- "Fric and Frac strike again......"

Chromedome: -shrugs- "You've been with these guys longer than we have, Minerva. I'd think you'd be used to it by now."

Brainstorm: "I'm not used to you and Hardhead yet, Chromedome, and we've been working together for millenia."

Nightbeat: "If the peanut gallery would let me finish?"

Siren: "Go ahead, boss."

Nightbeat: "I just want to know what the insertion method for this is. Do we walk up to Metroplex and ring the doorbell? Sneak up? Split the forces and go in from different directions?"

Siren: "You've been reading Sun Tzu again, haven't you."

Nightbeat: "Well, yes. But this is just obvious, even without a long dead Chinese tactician."

Siren: "True."
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

"Really simple Nightbeat" Jazz said putting the photon rifle down.

"We provide the biggest distraction we can to allow Mirage here" Jazz motioned to him "Sneaks in and takes out the Cog. We leave they can't transform Metroplex."
~~

Sunstreaker had watched both Jetfire and Blast-off sail overhead and still had them in eyesight and was just keeping track of them.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch sagged in his chair at Hound's jovial tone. He has no idea about the offensive.

Blast Off, out of point of pride, was edging just a bit ahead of Jetfire at the midpoint mark.

"Don't worry Commander, that monstrosity of an aircraft won't outfly me to Metroplex," Blast Off's snobbish vocoder quietly prodded the Six Changer field commander to action.

Quick Switch smiled haggardly. The Combatrons seemed to have "adopted" him as their personal project. He responded to Hound's transmission:

"It's good to hear from you also, Hound," the Six Changer said, rubbing his temples with his hands. "A break would be Primus-sent. I'll have to take you up on it later," Quick Switch said, dropping his hands to his sides, vocoder taking on a reverie-like tone. "At this moment, I am leading two squads to Metroplex. My mission is to cripple Metroplex with whatever means necessary."

The Autobot assault warrior leaned forward.

"Hound, if this attack succeeds, that traitor Convoy's forces will be reeling! I'm going to draw Rodimus Convoy out myself and engage him in combat, for the glory of Optimus Prime. I wish you were here with me now..." his voice suddenly spiked with the stress. "Springer is gambling half the Autobot strength on this mission...I'm not sure I'll even return...it's good to hear your voice again, Hound."

"Remember, men," Onslaught said, addressing the other Combatrons. "When we arrive at the deployment area, merge immediately. We will do what damage we can to Metroplex itself to help Mirage complete his mission."

"Yeah, sounds good," Brawl said.

"A sneak attack!" Vortex cackled. "I love sneak-"

"And when Omega Supreme shows up?" Swindle said, frowning.

Onslaught looked the apprehensive munitions expert dead in the optics.

"Bruticus will terminate him."
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

***Inside Iacon, Medbay***

First Aid had started working on Trailbreaker.

I hope Hound get's back with those tools soon. I'll need them to fix Trailbreaker fully he thought as he assessed the damage to Trailbreaker.

The other Protectobots kept patroling, everything had been relativly quiet at Iacon.

***Aboard Blast Off***

Shock was becoming a 'tad' nervous. "When-are-we-going-to-get-there! I-HATE-being-cooped-up-like-this!" the yellow Elemental complained. One could see small lightning arcs flash across her form.

"Calm down Shock, you'll electrocute our transport at this rate. I'll go ask how long it will take us to arrive" Frost said as she started walking towards the Combatrons. The blue Elemental adressed Onslaught as he returned.

"Sorry to bother you, but would you happen to know our ETA?" she asked. "My sister is getting somewhat anxious. She hates being cooped up inside anything for long" Frost added.

Gale tried her best to ignore the Combatrons, without much luck. I just hope I don't have to kill anything she thought as she closes her eyes. She never had liked all the killing. Her thoughts drifted back to the memories of the last days of the Phyrexian invasion, and her body shivered as her mind recoiled from the memory.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Onslaught peered down at the Elemental.

"My dear madam, a good soldier always follows his superior's instructions. Therefore when Commander Quick Switch gives the order to attack, you will know we are in Metroplex's vicinity," the missle trailer remarked, irked by the birds.

"I love it when Onslaught gets nasty- he uses big words!" Brawl guffawed.

"Heh, heh," Vortex chortled. "I hear ya!"

Swindle crossed his arms and looked at Gale.

"What's with you?" he said. "Kinda quiet."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"The mission Roadbuster? We've got to finish what we started. Thunderwing's time is up, he has to go down, hard and fast. This offensive against Rodimus is bound to bring him into the open, and I got a feeling he isn't gonna be too happy to see us there."

Springer looked at Wheeljack

"Get me battle ready quick, and find a temporary head for Sideswipe, we'll need him too..."

Repugnus followed Hound and Prime back to Iacon, the first time he'd been back in eaons.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: "Good. Maybe we can finish off the rest of them while we're at it."

Nightbeat: "So what you're saying, Jazz, is that we're all about to jump up and down in front of Metroplex, yelling 'COO-EE' at Roddy and his merry mechanisims,so when they come out to drive us off, Mirage sneaks in."

Siren: "Um....... Er........ Oh, slag......"

Hosehead: "You mean......"

Minerva: "Pictures from Omaha Beach are coming in to my head...."

Nightbeat: "Now, now... Don't panic yet, guys. Although a few questions come to mind. For example, Mirage can cloak himself, so wouldn't it make more sense for a small group to go in, and be obvious about it, then while Roddy's people drive them off, they feel a sense of accomplishment. This may well be what we're doing, but with all these troops, this doesn't feel like that." -scowls- "That's why I'm worried. After all, with all these forces moving in, what's to prevent Roddy opening up on us with Metroplex's main weapons before we land?" -sighs- "So my question isn't so much how are we getting Mirage in, as to how he smeging heck WE'RE going to be dropped into the area?!?"
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz looked at Nightbeat and spoke with a serious tone "You hear what happened to Autobot city in 2005? A blitz. We get in close enough before the weapons start firing they won't be able to hit us. Take cover make it look like there is a fight going on Mirage gets in takes the cog out and Metroplex is going no where"
~~

Wheeljack looked at Springer thinking about how he was going to get Sideswipe a head. "Well we can fix you up but getting Sideswipe a head will be the hard part of this task"
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Patch me up Doc, we'll find something for Sideswipe."

Springer contacted Blaster.

"Hey if you're wanting some action, set up the Iacon defence grid to maximum and come join us up here, won't be too long before we set off to get us some 'cons to whup"
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Wheeljack nodded "Alright then, all exo structure damage no circuits were damaged?" Wheeljack asks beginng to lead him back to the medical bay he exited mid-repair.
~~

Blaster grinned "Alright! Will do Springer!" he didn't waste time immediately activating every known piece of defence and cranking it to maximum.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: "Blasted timeline difference again." -gets puzzled look on face- "Uh, Jazz, I saw the files on that. Not that I don't think this is a good plan, but...... The Decepticons got that close because of a hijacked Autobot shuttle. Unless Jetfire, Vortex, and whoever else is going as transport craft go in with white flags up, Don't you think Roddy and his people will see us coming?"

Brainstorm: "We could be flying low."

Nightbeat: "I hope so." -shrugs, sits down, starts checking charge on gun- "I bloody well hope so."

Chromedome: -starts chuckling-

Hosehead: "What's so funny?"

Chromedome: "By the time Sunstreaker gets there, the battle'll be over."

Siren: "Either that or we're just flying around in circles over Metroplex." -checks internal compass- "Nope. Just not there yet."

Nightbeat: "Good. He can act as clean up." -finishes checking gun- "Okay, guys, lock and load. Make sure we're ready to go when the doors open."

Siren, Hardhead, Hosehead, Chromedome, Minerva, and Brainstorm: -start checking weapons-

Nightbeat: "I never should have watched Starship Troopers. The assualt on Klendathu keeps running though my head."

Minerva: "The one the movie opens with?"

Nightbeat: "Yup."

Minerva: "No wonder you're worried."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Slag it" Prime muttered under his breath...

"Jetfire, keep me updated on the situation as best you can... I'm altering course for metroplex now."

"Hound... Burn rubber and get back to iacon as fast as you can. Get those tools to first aid as soon as you get there. Repugnus... With me. we're heading for Metroplex... And with any luck... we may be able to put a halt to this mess before the day is over..."

*Back at Iacon* Alpha sat in the command center, sitting in wait for Springer's repairs to be finished... contemplating why he hadn't simply departed with the others for the battle. as on edge as he might have been, it wasn't the battle itself that worried him... it was ensuring that chaos be removed from thunderwing's mastery... before it consumed HIM... and the rest of cybertron along with him.

*Approaching cybertron*

"Cosmobots, Slag, Sludge, Snarl and Swoop... Prepare for a possible hot insertion to battle. I'm picking an autobot attack force heading for the vicinity of metroplex... I'm attempting to confirm that its' really a strike...

Cerebros to strike force leader, Cerebros to strike force leader... copy... We've returned from the Sol System, and are enroute to rendevou with you en route to metroplex. confirm please."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Mirage was almost completely focused. The voices of the Headmasters were distant, though comprehensible. He wasn't sure what he'd be asked to do yet for certain. Rather than speculate, he racked his mind for all of the possible troubles that might be encounted on the way to the central chamber of Metroplex... where the transformation cog would be found.

Getting in will be difficult unless they caught the security off-guard, but getting out... And I don't know if I really agree that it should be destroyed. It's such a difficult piece...
Mirage opened his eyes as the sudden feeling of dropping ran through him and he heard the clicks of the Headmaster's weapons.
Jetfire's voice came over the speakers. "Descending now from 16,000 feet to skimming level at 200 so we can try to avoid radar on final approach. Please make certain you're ready for a rough ride, and remember, there is no 'terminal' allowed at our destination. All passengers have round trip tickets and are to return safely. Best of luck to everyone in case I don't get another chance to talk."
--------

"Yeah, I wish I was... Oh Primus..."Hound managed to sputter out the horrified realization as Quick Switch's words sunk in.
"Quick, why are you listening to Springer?! Don't take on Rodimus! Optimus is right here..."
The fanatical essence was in the six changer's voice, and Hound instinctively knew it was nearly pointless to try to dissuade him. His internal combustion chamber churned and shot a burning sensation up his throat. Was this the reason Optimus was in Trader's Alley? Had Optimus been affected by the Chaos Matrix? Had Springer? Had Quick Switch? He couldn't even begin to try to process all of the thoughts, so he focused on one.

Out loud, Hound mustered up his voice which wavered with nerves. "Optimus, I just got word that Springer's given orders to Quick Switch to lead the others into a fight with Rodimus. I want to go help, but First Aid needs those tools. Is there some way we can get them to him and go to help?"
--------
Meanwhile, four of the six minicons had been quiet and stationary in rest mode, locked away in the back of Prime's trailer. Runway was in his jet mode, while Astroscope, Payload and Skyblast were waiting in their alternate forms. All four were quite used to sitting still for long periods of time. Sonar however, didn't care for being enclosed, and he was finding it increasingly difficult to stay in his jet form, and finally shifted. Jetstorm had been sitting in the back corner of the trailer, near the loading ramp. He had his arms folded over his knees and sat with his knees bent to his chest, resting his head on them. With a casual glance towards Sonar, he propped his head up on one fist and finally spoke. "Best get used to it, Sonar."

Sonar walked around the back of the trailer, observing monitors and consoles as he went. "Don't see what you're sulking about, Jetstorm. It's not so bad back here, but it is a bit dull after a while."
Payload laughed. "No doubt. Being grounded is no fun. But this is where we're needed right now."
"Hey, watch it! Not all of us fly ya know." Skyblast laughed.
Jetstorm flashed a bit of a smile at the banter. "We could fix that."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Blast Off conciously matched Jetfire's altitude.

"Entering final descent, mark," he said to his passengers. "Gird yourselves for battle."

Quick Switch stared numbly ahead as the gulf between the massive fortress and the Cybertronian landscape diminished.

"Springer gave the order, Optimus designated command of the Autobots to Springer. I didn't know Optimus had returned to Iacon..." Quick Switch stood from the cabin and drew his photon blasters. "I head into battle to strike down the traitors for the true Autobot Way now, Hound. Goodbye for now, my friend."

Brigadier General Clayton Abernathy ("General Hawk"), famed commander of the late 20th Century American Fast Response Team known by various titles- among them "Action Force"- had once said:

"A Soldier's job is to do the unthinkable- then to die."

Quick Switch couldn't shake that sentence from his thoughts. Metroplex drew closer.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Hound... hold that thought. Jetstorm! Sonar! Runway! Prep for flight! you're going on a brief flight to iacon... we need to get these tools back to first aid... and Hound would be better off staying with myself, grotusque and repugnus... "

with those words, the loading ramp flipped down, giving the three jets the exit they sought...

"Astroscope, Payload,Skyblast, you're welcome to go the rest of this trip OUTSIDE the trailer if you like. Sparkplug could use some company on the powerlink grid on the exterior of the trailer. "

The yellow miniature countach sat silent on the trailer's top deck, powerlinked to prime, in hopes he could boost prime's engine output to get the crew to the battle before it got out of control....
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Sunstreaker was pushing himself harder and harder just too keep the two transports in sight. At the speed he was moving now he'd show up maybe half an hour late. Not to bad concidering he was on wheels. He just kept going being ready for a fight right when he got there.
~~
"Jetfire, How much longer?" Jazz asked their transport.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: -thinking-

Siren: -looks at Nightbeat, then looks at Hosehead and Minerva- "I'm starting to worry about him. Admittedly, Nightbeat's never been an order follower, heck, since the binary bonding he's been less vocal about telling any higher-up that gave us orders what he thought of them. And now.... this. He's gone all passive."

Hosehead: "It's probably the Chaos matrix. He did say it was affecting him."

Minerva: "But only where Thunderwing's involved. Muzzle's a lot like Nightbeat. He doesn't like to be ordered around."

Nightbeat: "If you guys are going to talk about me, do it when I can't hear." -stands, goes over to window, looks out- "We know Thunderwing's involved. I have no problem with decoying him out, or decoying Roddy out. What bothers me is that Quick Switch appears ready to march us out there like some Cybertronian recreation of Pickett's Bloody Charge. But at least Pickett had artillery backup. If we're going to do this, let's do this right. Subtle. Sneaky. Use our brains to draw them out, not try to shoot our way into Sillicon Valhalla." -looks over at Mirage- "And for pity's sake, bubba, don't blow up the cog. Knock it loose, disable it, get some glue and clog it up. Better yet, grab it and bring it with you." -pulls gun, switches mode selector from full power to stun- "And lock your weapons in on stun. No fatalities. We need to show them that we're not trying to kill them, and if we work it right, wecan show them that Thunderwing is more than willing to kill them."

Hardhead: -dozing-

Chromedome, Siren, Hosehead and Brainstorm: -lock weapons to stun mode-

Chromedome: -nudges Hardhead- "Wake up, Hicks."

Hardhead: -wakes up- "Wha..."

Chromedome: "Reset to stun."

Hardhead: "Can't. You know these weapons don't have a stun setting. Closest thing I have to a stun setting is the sonic shells in my shoulder cannon."

Nightbeat: "The use those, stay in tank mode, and fire low. Go for leg shots and disabling hits with the shatterblasters."
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

"Fair enough. I'll just have to keep my hyperactive sister from exploding until then" Frost remarked as she saluted and headed back to her two sisters.

Swindle: "What's with you?""Kinda quiet."

Gale looked up and smilled at Swindle. "Just remembering the last great fight I was in, and the horrors it contained. I hope this Thunderwing isn't as bad as Yawgmoth was" she replied, trying to keep her voice steady as she recalled the encounter with the Planeswalker.