[Original RPG] Divided Loyalties - C3 : Peaceful Intentions (Optimus Prime)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

"Very well. Gale, Shock, get down here and climb aboard our transport" Frost called to her sisters as she headed over to Blast Off.

"Can't-we-fly-there-ourselves?-You-know-how-I hate-being-cooped-up" Shock replied as she dives towards the ground, transforms to her robot form and lands besides Frost.

"I know, but I believe one request at a time is more then enough, be thankful we are going along at all" Frost replied to her sister. I just hope she doesn't stay have to stay inside too long.. she thought.

"Ow cheer up Shock, how bad can it be? Can't be as bad as an unprepared planeshift, now can it?" Gale asked rhetoricly as she too dove towards the ground, transformed to her robot form and headed inside Blast Off.

"Guess-you're-right.-NOTHING-can-be-as -bad-as-THAT" Shock replies as she follows Gale inside. Frost in turn follows Shock.
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Hot Rod scratch his head, "Ok But.... I dunno, I'm feeling kinda unconfortable about you know just being out of duty at these times. Of course I suppose we both deserve it... Oh well lets get going then, maybe we can find a duty officer or something."
Lockpick
Protoform

Post by Lockpick »

Lockpick smiles "I also need to see Perceptor about how exactly I choose an altmode and such." she states as they walk along. "Did I miss anything important?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Yes Sir!" Jetfire nodded immediately to Quick Switch. Then the four minicons disengaged from their attachments as he transformed. Grindor, Sureshock and Highwire all went up the loading ramp and inside, chattering excitedly. Comettor followed at a slight distance, remaining quiet. Moments later, the figures of the minicons were visible - moving around in Jetfire's cockpit.

Mirage glanced over at Blast Off's boarding party. A slight smirk flicked across his face as he considered the company for the trip. Jazz would make things entertaining, but Sunstreaker would make it a long trip. Still, it's better than being stuck with the Combatrons. He thought to himself as he turned and went up the ramp. Dark brooding thoughts covered the brief amused thought as he entered the padded interior of Jetfire's cargo and passender hold. He took a seat in a swivel chair and waited.
--------
Trader's Alley
Hound covered the distressed thoughts that he was feeling with a transformation. As he followed Prime, he listened to the coded message and thought about the events that had just transpired. He stayed silent, the happenings weighing heavily in his mind.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Sunstreaker groaned "I'm going on ground" was all he said before his back wheels began to screech and he switched gears launching forward.

"Man he is taken this way diffrent then everyone else I ain't ever seen him bein' so trigger happy" Jazz said walking forward up the ramp Boltz following him.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch exploded- just as everything was going according to plan, Sunstreaker had to muck it up. This was the last straw.

"Primus damn you, Sunstreaker! You are relived! Return to base! If you proceed, you will ruin our combined deployment/attack stategy! Desist or I will summon Vortex to stop you in your tracks! And then I'll order the Protectobots to throw you in the Brig for insubordination!"

Quick Switch summoned his photon blasters out of subspace. If necessary, the Six Changer would shoot out Sunstreaker's tires.

"Vortex! Front and center- transform!"

"Yessir," the helicopter charged out of Blast Off and transformed to helicopter mode, hovering near Quick Switch.

"If Sunstreaker continues to drive, use your glue gun to stop him cold."

"Heh, with pleasure, Commander," Vortex said, rising up in the air a little bit more and angling for a good shot.

Quick Switch continued to slow burn.

This will be grounds for an insubordination charge and a disciplinary hearing- maybe even a court-martial. And I'm going to ram it down Springer's throat if he won't agree to hear the case. It's idiots like this that waste lives with their brashness. And I always thought Sideswipe was the more foolhardy of the two.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -walks into command center, leans against doorway, looks at Springer- "So what's the plan, boss? We got this order for all of the Headmasters to report to the staging area, and all the rest of the Wreckers to come here." -looks around- "As you can see, me, myself, and I are here, and we're it."

Staging area:

Nightbeat, Siren, Hosehead, Minerva, Chromedome, Hardhead, and Brainstorm: -walk into staging area, watching the others board the ships-

Nightbeat: "I've got a bad feeling about this........"

Siren: "I know what you mean, boss."

Chromedome: "Victory will be ours, because we're in the right. It's the traitors who will fall.

Hardhead: "And we got the guns."

Brainstorm: "We do seem to be ready for battle."

Nightbeat: -shakes head- "And Thunderwing will come in on our flank and recycle all of us while we're battling Convoy's troops. He won't need an army. He's got the Matrix."

Hosehead: "So we distract him, right? Keep him from coming after this assualt force."

Minerva: "Um....."

Nightbeat: "Distract him? How? By himself he's got us outgunned." -looks at Minerva- "And either way, you stay here."

Minerva: "Oh, no... Not this time."

Nightbeat: "Oh, yes. All you have is a stun blaster, your medikit, and most of your injuries from fighting Unicron's ground troops."

Minerva: "Brainstrom helped me repair most of the damage-"

Nightbeat: "Your transector's still damaged. And you know as well as I do what your odds of survival'll be if you have to eject if one of us doesn't get to you first."

Minerva: -scowls- "I've been able to keep up with you so far."

Nightbeat: "And how much longer until something burns out?"

Minerva: "Long enough. And I'll drive there if I have to."

Nightbeat: -sighs- "Fine. Just stick close to Brainstorm." -looks at Brainstorm- "First sign of trouble, get her out."

Brainstorm: "Aye, sir."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch turned as the Headmasters arrived.

"Well," he said. "I'd almost given up on you all. The mission is simple: destroy Metroplex's transformation cog. You all, to put it bluntly, will be used to delay Convoy's ground troops so Mirage can sneak inside Metroplex and do the deed. Blast Off, could you-"

"Sorry sir," the shuttle replied, "but my mass capacity will be at dangerous levels. I'd be forced to jettison..."

"Understood," Quick Switch said. "Ride with Jetfire. Board, on the double!"

He turned back to see if Sunstreaker would have the sense to hold off for a few more cycles before the journey to Metroplex began.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Sunstreaker gave only one reply and it was one he heard from a freind back on earth he opened a private comm-link to interm commander "A friend said this to me once you knew him too and he said 'Aww Shut up and Fight!' and I say the same to you as you're just talking and not fighting and I am sick of it. The longer we wait the stronger they get and you're pushing back maybe you're the traitor who should be imprisoned"

And with that he didn't stop and just kept going. They could easily pass him with the two aerial bots they had and keep the advantage of surprise but Sunstreaker was tired of waiting for it.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch clenched his teeth.

I'm the traitor? He dares to call me a traitor? That insubordinate punk! That's enough!

"Damnit Sunstreaker! Get those Headmasters aboard, now!" he said to Jetfire. "We are behind schedule!"

Vortex hovered.

"Shall I pursue, sir?"

"No, we'll beat the young idiot there," Quick Switch snarled, apocelctic with rage. "A damned fool. A damned fool. He's going to get himself scrapped."

Vortex transformed back to robot mode and boarded Blast Off. Quick Switch, still furious, also entered the shuttle.

"Take off!" he said.

"Acknowledged- course setting, Metroplex," Blast Off said. Activating his engines, and shutting his access hatch, Blast Off soon left the runway and soared into the sky heading towards Metroplex.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: "Lovely. Captain Chipper's leading this foray into insanity."

Nightbeat, Siren, Hosehead, Minerva, Chromedome, Hardhead, and Brainstorm: -board Jetfire-

Siren: "You said it youself. Six changers are moody." -smiles- "Besides, for all his skills, he's going to be out there with us. He'll have to be. He can't go invisible, you know."

Nightbeat: -scowls- "Nnn. I just hope he's not going to get us all killed."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Jetfire brought up the doors as the Headmasters boarded, and wheeled forward to take off. Comettor took the monitors while the Street Action Team sat down and buckled in.

In his cargo area, the Autobot voices rang out clearly. Toward the back, Mirage narrowed his optics and spoke up. His quiet voice carried clearly in the hold.
"Nightbeat... that's uncalled for. Quick Switch may have a lot of stresses right now, but he's not foolhardy or inexperienced. For that matter, if any of you want out, you'd best say so now or put the doubt out of your minds. I've certainly been told that enough. Either be part of the team now, or don't."

Jetfire sighed to himself as he followed above the air trail of Blastoff.
How're we going to take on other Autobots if we're already fighting amongst ourselves? He thought to himself quietly.

After takeoff, up in the cockpit, Grindor nudged Sureshock with his elbow. "Trouble's brewing back there."
"Trouble?" Sureshock got a puzzled look and turned his head to listen.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz looked at them "Settle down guys. We're here to fight Autobots yes but not the ones here, in Iacon or the Combatrons. There are large amounts of stress on everyone right now and we just gotta chill out"
~~

Sunstreaker was covering ground as fast as he could in an attempt to beat the others to Metroplex, futile yes but he had too try.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch quietly went to the front of Blast Off and sat in one of his chairs. Onslaught followed him, then shut the cabin door.

"Problem, sir?" the Combatron leader said, sitting beside him.

Quick Switch turned to look at Onslaught, his face suddenly haggard.

"Yes. I've seen the idiocy of Sunstreaker's ilk to many times in the field to condone it. I'm going to bust him back to energon depot guard when we get back. We could still fail our mission because of him- if he's detected early, the assault will be a disaster."

"Indeed, Commander," Onslaught nodded, "youth, while making excellent cannon fodder, contributes little else."

"He reminds me of another young sports car...one who impacted the course of the war." Quick Switch said, drfiting into reverie.

Onslaught, guessing who that might be, stayed silent.

"When Red Alert first told me that Optimus Prime had been killed in battle, I couldn't believe it. Optimus? Never. Not even to Megatron. But then..." his fists clenched, "when he told another Autobot had caused his own death. Well, I..."

Onslaught stiffened.

"...went into shock. Red Alert and I were stationed on one of the remote outposts at that point, and I said to him, 'Red Alert, who was it?' And he told me 'Some new warrior named Hot Rod'. Even he couldn't believe it." Quick Switch said his anger rising.

"Ah yes," Onslaught said quietly. "You know, many Decepticons were thankful that he interceded when he did."

"I know!" Quick Switch snarled. "If it wasn't for Hot Rod, we would have won this war years ago. Cybretron would have been ours and we would have chased the Decepticons to the end of the universe!"

"And," Onslaught said gently, "Optimus Prime would not have died."

"Yes," Quick Switch said, nearly weeping coolant fluid as he recalled. "Optimus would never have died. It would have been the same as it always was...then he was given the Holy Matrix to rule...and we were nearly destroyed."

"I recall Galvatron nearly going into hysterics- when we could have an audience with him...Cyclonus and Scourge hoarded his attention...Optimus Prime would never have made the mistakes Rodimus Prime did." Onslaught replied. I would have had a field day with him. My tactics would have been perfect...but no. My years of expertise were ignored by a madman for two sycophants.

"So," Quick Switch said hoarsely, "to this day I don't trust the actions of impuslive robots. I've known to many. And Sunstreaker is just another. If Hot Rod had just listened to his superior, Kup, as most soldiers are trained...you understand my point."

"Yes sir," Onslaught said. He had picked up on the Six Changer's near fanatical loyalty to Optimus Prime. "But now we have an attack to prepare for."

"Thank you Onslaught." Quick Switch reached out and clapped one of his shoulder plates. "Go now. I must meditate."

Onslaught rose, saluted, and returned to the hold. Quick Switch lasped into silence as the landscape flew by.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: -looks over at Mirage- "I'm more worried that we're about to be used as little more than cannon fodder."

Minerva: "Cannon fodder? Quickswitch wouldn't do that, would he?"

Chromedome: "He's not the type."

Nightbeat: "Unless something's changed, can you see Thunderwing letting us rough up his fan club without doing something about it? And with his augmented firepower and defenses, can you picture any of us taking him out? I just want to know what we're going to do when Thunderwing shows up. It looks like we've planned for everything but that." -smiles- "But that doesn't mean I don't have an idea."

Siren: "Roadbuster said they wanted the rest of the Wreckers for something else..... but Roadbuster and Sixswitch are the rest of the Wreckers."

Hosehead: "Don't forget Alpha."

Minerva: "You think they're going to get the decoy job?"

Siren: "Probably."

Nightbeat: "We may hve a chance after all......"
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz was fiddling with photon rifle listening to the Headmasters and Mirage.

"You all want my opinion? It's simple the Chaos Matrix is meant to control us and distort our minds. Well it's working... in every single one of us it is working in one way or another. I am losing faith in our cause myself. Quickswitch and Sunstreaker have become more Zealous and belligerent.

What about you guys? Or am I the only one noticing these changes in our selves."
Scout

Post by Scout »

After Jazz's words, Mirage locked optics with Nightbeat for a moment as he considered Nightbeat's words and then looked away.
He listened to the Headmasters without saying anything and then glanced back toward the group as he thought it over to himself.
You might have a point about Thunderwing, Nightbeat. But we aren't going to rough up the other Autobots. We're going in just for the cog - or are we? *glance toward Nightbeat* This should be fast- and hopefully without many causalties, but is this really the best strategy?

There was a pause in his thoughts, and then he shifted and sighed. Mirage folded his arms and walked slowly across the rear of the cargo bay as he mulled over the attack. Then he looked to Chromedome and Minerva. "No, Quick Switch isn't going to let you become cannon fodder... you're right about that Chromedome. But Nightbeat has a point too. Thunderwing won't be happy. We'll all have to be very fast at whatever we're expected to do."

Then Mirage turned his head toward Jazz and studied him. "You might be right Jazz. You might just be right." Mirage became quiet again and turned his thoughts to Sunstreaker's behavior.

---------
Up in the cockpit, Sureshock wrinkled his nose. "Nerves I think is all that is back there Grindor. But that Jazz guy's comment is a bit unnerving. Do you think we're being affected by the Chaos Matrix too?"
In answer, Highwire swiveled around in his cockpit chair and thwapped Sureshock and Grindor on the heads. "Of course we are!" Then he stood up and in a mocking, deep voice - laughed. Loudly. "I am Thunderwing, mighty evil Decepticon ruler of all of you and I will beat you all down with my matrix wanna be!!!" Grindor jumped up and grinned. "Oh no you don't! I'm mighty Optimus, and I will conquer you with the real Matrix!" The exchange sent Grindor and Highwire into laughter, but Sureshock shook his head and Comettor only smiled slightly. On his internal speaker, Comettor connected with Jetfire. "I wish it was that easy, and I still don't understand why Prime left. Will we have to fight this Thunderwing along with this mission like that blue and yellow Autobot said back there?"

Jetfire's voice came over Comettor's speaker. "No, I don't think so. But I'm not good with matters like this. And I think Quick Switch is stressed too. We'll do what we are asked- don't give him any trouble. In the meantime, let's get all of these Autobots and minicons sitting and focused."
Jetfire switched on his onboard communications system. "This is your pilot speaking... We may encounter some turbulence soon as we descend to follow Blast Off directly, so please have a seat and fasten your seatbelts for your own safety."
----------
Safely away from Trader's Alley and approaching Iacon, Hound had remained quiet. Lots of thoughts were running rampant in his head, so internally he activated his radio, "Quick Switch?", then waited for confirmation that he was being received.

He was also finally getting over his disbelief enough to muster up a couple thoughts and a question out loud as they drove. "Thanks for showing up when you did Optimus. The help was appreciated. *pause* I don't trust either of those two. They seem dangerous- and they don't like to listen to authority. Are you sure they'd be good in the Wreckers?"
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime thought for a moment as he tore across the landscape...

"Well, Hound... all I can say is this. If they can't handle being under springer's jursidiction, Then I'll just as spontaneously discharge them from duty... I just pray it doesn't come to that..."

Prime's thoughts wandered to the situation with thunderwing, and opened a private link to jetfire...

"Jetfire, Prime here. report your status"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Brainstorm: "We've noticed it too, Jazz. Minerva and I almost joined Rodimus' group."

Hosehead: "Part of me wanted to go,too, but I could tell I was being influenced." -chuckles- "Advantage of being a Nebulan Headmaster, I guess."

Chromedome: -thinks for moment- "Not really. I feel fine."

Hardhead: "Same here. We're just too stubborn, I guess." -grins-

Siren: "The only reason Hosehead's got an advantage is he gets along with Lug. I'm to busy arguing with that stupid bookworm, Quig, to be inflenced."

Nightbeat: "I think I am, too. Part of me wants to find Thunderwing and rip the Matrix from him, destroy him with it." -sighs- "Unlike Siren and Hosehead, my human component thinks pretty much the same way I do. I don't have the insulation they do."

Minerva: "You're getting obsessive."

Nightbeat: "But I'm not going nuts about it. And I think my idea may well work. If we have to breach Metroplex's wall so Mirage can get inside and destroy the cog, then I say we all go in. The defenders won't try to do too much damage to their own base, and we can, if our friendly local neighborhood megalomaniac wants us dead bad enough, show his fan club that they're wrong about him."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch was focused deep in thought when Hound's transmission broke the quiet.

"Quick Switch here. Go ahead, Hound."

Blast Off steadily flew towards the outskirts of the mid-point between Iacon and Metroplex...