[Original RPG] Divided Loyalties - C3 : Twisted Ambition (Thunderwing)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing turned as the Prime-bot lept backward and completed its transformation.

"That was rather ludicrous," he sniffed. "You feel the need to shout to yourself when you tranform? Primitive."

Thunderwing cracked his Pretender knuckles and set his mouth in a thin line.

"I will never justify my actions to a commoner from another dimension, impostor. You live as a fool, and you will die as one."

He straightened up.

"I am Lord Thunderwing, exemplar of my class, and you do not frighten me. Since I'm a sporting fellow, you may have the first move, my pompous opponent. And then, I will dismember you."

His optics blazed with the green Chaos Energy.

"Sally forth, Autobot. To your doom."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai chuckled to himself...

"We'll see if you're still laughing when your face is turned inside out, slime..."

Jinrai, however, did NOT move... in fact, he remained perfectly still, his optics burned brightly however... channeling the masterforce energies at his command... first into his electromotor rifle... and then, imbuing his very soul with the energies that he still collected...

"This... is for being a pompous, self righteous brat excuse for a decepticon!"

Jinrai pulled the trigger on the electromotor rifle... a massive ball of searing fire... a miniature sun as it were, burst forth, set to collide with thunderwing...
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing was, it must be said, dubiously impressed as the robot summoned up a massive ball of-mystic?- energy, which collided with his indestructible frame.

"Impressive," he said, before being flung backward into the hangar. The Decepticon Pretender collided with his base with a thud, and left a exoskeleton imprint in the wall. Recovering from his dizziness and loss of equilibrium, Thunderwing pried himself lose. And laughed.

"Yes, impressive indeed." The aristocrat flew forward until he once again stood across to the Prime-a-like. "But whatever it is you shot at me, does not compare to the power incarnate I wield, namely, the wrath of Unicron. Now, have you!"

And with that, Thunderwing extended both his arms, and charged.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai clenched his fists tightly as thunderwing drew closer...

"now or never.... if this can't stop him.. even temporarily... it won't mater if I'm still alive when the attack's over... Primus... GIVE ME STRENGTH! GOD FIRE GUTS!"

Jinrai lurched forward at a stunning pace, and as suddenly as his lunge was, even more sudden was the massive ball of flame that now surrounded him... a sphere of burning energy even MORE intense than the first attack that had sent thunderwing flailing... intensified from channeling the energy through jinrai's own soul...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Thrust heard the noises, and had come to investigate, along with Dreadwind, leaving both Thundercracker and Darkwing alone in the med bay.

Seeing Dirge and the others, they raced over to them, Thrust saying, "What's going on out there?! It's like Great War Four erupted over here or something!"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing's snarl dropped away as yet another massive energy attack appeared. It burned Thunderwing, shockingly enough. He couldn't remember the last time he'd felt that sort of pain (any pain, to be perfectly honest).

Deep within his mind, he knew: purity.

That attack, that desperate fool of a robot, was indeed, pure at heart. And entrenched in his shell, the vainglorious, halfmad aristocrat known as Thunderwing became afraid. This was nothing like what Scourge had shown. The attack enveloped him, embraced him in a deadly waltz of friction.

And then, the being who had destroyed him once spoke again, as he had during the battle with Scourge.

Thunderwing...

"Unicron...why do you come to me now?"

It appears this primitive is too much for even your vast skills, my eccentric host...

"No...no, it is nothing!"

Liar. You reel from that which you do not understand- this sickening purity. Optimus Prime has it. I know it well; how I despise it.

"I...I don't know what to do!"

Thunderwing...I shall help you, because you show promise. In my strength, you will flourish. Through the glorious power of CHAOS will you reach the pinnacle of perfection. Now, destroy him, Thunderwing! Destroy him!

And with that, Unicron left him.

And then, Thunderwing awoke. Smiled.

And dispersed the energy attack with but a thought, even as it licked at his Pretender shell.

And then he charged again, slamming both his fists deep into Jinrai's chest.

"Know the power of Chaos, fool," he hissed. He activated the Chaos Energy which flowed inside him, and sent it out as a damning wave at Jinrai, into Jinrai. And he laughed again.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge shuddered involuntarily as Darkwing, Dreadwind, and Thrust appeared.

"I don't know, but we should find out."

The blue Seeker stepped outside the ruined hangar in time to see Jinrai's awesome spirit attack, and Thunderwing dispersing it and attacking.

"I...I can't believe...it looks like the Apocalypse!" Dirge sank to his knees at the sheer power being displayed by both combatants.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"So...", Apeface said. "Shouldn't we, I don't know, go out there and, you know, help or something?"

"You ain't getting me out there!", Thrust shouted.

"Me neither!", Dreadwind said.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

the fists smashed through the godbomer armor's armor plated windshield... piercing into jinrai's main body...

"t...this is it... Prime.... Gigatron.... Galvatron... Overlord... Don't... let this sacrifice be in...vain.... " Jinrai faintly whispered...

In spite of the maddening amounts of chaotic energies searing into his body, the masterforce energy yet remained... slowing the destruction with its own regenerative properties...

Jinrai let loose one final strike... the strike thunderwing would never expect...

Rerouting his systems, using what little masterforce energies he still had available, the chaos energies that flowed into him, were now being directed back into thunderwing's fists... and sent straight back into the chaos matrix itself... but filtered... through the masterforce energies that still remained within jinrai... purifying the chaos... were it visible, the energies would have shifted from the sickly green hue to the fiery red of the autobot insignia... adding what remained of his reserves to the feedback, jinrai let out a final shout...

"FOR CYBERTRON!"

and errupted in a massive explosion of white light...
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

As Jinrai erupted before his eyes, Thunderwing's face melted from absolute triumph into pure terror as Jinrai redirected the mass of energy back into him.

And then Thunderwing screamed the scream of the mad, and all was white.

Dirge became slackjawed, and witnessed the final explosion, and opened his mouth in a silent expression of absolute terror.

And then he waited. After a few agonizing minutes, the massive smoke cloud lifted, and the blue Seeker crawled toward the crater, shivering with anxiety.

"Thunderwing," Dirge clawed to the edge of the explosion site, and fell into a massive crater, sliding down at least ten feet. He skidded to a stop, still shivering.

There, in the center of the crater, spreadeagled, face up, sat Thunderwing, his Pretender shell blasted with intense heat, perfect armour dented, perfect teeth broken, perfect optics shattered. His limbs lay twisted about him.

Dirge crawled over to his Master, and peered at the still face.

"Thunderwing," Dirge choked out. "Thunderwing say something!"

At last, the aristocrat did say something.

"I live." and then he laughed. And laughed again.

Dirge, streaming lubricant, was horrified; but could not avert his gaze. Thunderwing suddenly gripped him with an ironclad grip with one hand, and pulled him down nearer his ruined Prtender face.

"Tell me Dirge," he said conversationally, "is that damnable robot dead?"

"Yes Thunderwing, he is dead," Dirge rasped.

"Very good. Now carry me out of this wretched crater. I believe I'll need some time to recover."

"Yes my Lord," Dirge whispered, staggering under Thunderwing's weight.

Coming out of the crater, Dirge shrieked:

"He's alive! Thunderwing lives! He needs help now!"

Delibarata, inside the base and cowering with fear, shouted commands to the Allagatorcons, who gathered tools to begin repairing Thunderwing.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Apeface, Thrust and Dreadwind ran out to assist Dirge in recovering Thunderwing, three drones and a repair droid following a few seconds later, carrying a gurney and repair tools.

Thrust moved to help Dirge.

"Come on", he said. "Lift on three. One...two...THREE!"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge lifted Thunderwing- with the others assistance- onto the gurney.

"Let's wheel him inside- I think he's delirious. His Pretender shell will have to be totally repaired," he said to the others.

"He smote my ruin upon the mountainside...and yet...I survived..." Thunderwing mumrmurred to the assembled group.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"What's he talking about?", Apeface asked.

"Who knows?!", Dreadwind said. "He's doomed!"

"I hate to say this", Thrust said. "But I have to agree. We don't have the medical tools or research to preform such a operation, and none of us here know slag about repair programs."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Delibarata hovered over to the group.

"There is one," the Judge said. He peered upward.

Dirge followed his gaze.

"Scorponok, you have the facilities inside you to repair Thunderwing! You and your helper robots! Please, you must do this! He brought you back to life, Scorponok! Surely that means something!" the Seeker pleaded.

"And lo, the Saved rose up in victory, while the Damned fell into darkness..." Thunderwing muttered softly.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Apeface looked down at Thunderwing.

"There's something wrong with this guy", he said.

"Well", Thrust said. "I've got no luck fixing either Thundercracker ot Darkwing. Hey, Scorponok! Think you can give them a look, too?"
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Cyclonus and Pointblank looked back in awe.

Pointblank: "Should we attack?"

Galvatron: "No...we cannot allow Jinrai's sacrifice to be in vain...were he not so weak from restoring me, he may have had the energy to finish the game...and without my matrix, I cannot balance the Chaos...one on one, I would easily crush Thunderwing, as I have in the past so many times...but I need the matrix to finish him...quickly...to Gigatron...and then to Optimus Prime...its time for the final battle to commence."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Scorponok was trapped between the sickly, disgusted feeling that Thunderwing's whole chaotic being made him feel and his own warrior pride yearning him to repay the favor Thunderwing had made to him by acquiring him a new transformation cog. Yet he understood the consequences what might occur if he choose Thunderwing instead of Galvatron...

"An impressive act of power Thunderwing. Power that is not yours... Power that killed me twice." Scorponok hissed, his shadow enfulging the Decepticons below.

"I could kill you now and lead myself. Tell me Thunderwing... why should I not do that? What there is to gain allowing chaos rule over the Universe and destroy it piece by piece for isn't that what Unicron thrives for?" The humongous Decepticon titan boomed.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Thunderwing laughed, and raised his shattered body off the gurney.

"Hah, my dear Scorponok...I control Unicron. Through the changes of Chaos, I will be able to re-establish a New Order...I do not subscribe to a nihilistic philosophy. I will not destroy the Universe."

Dirge looked on, knowing that this debate would settle Thunderwing's life.

Delibarata said:

"Scorponok, why would we, the Quintessons, ally with a being who wishes to destroy the Universe? What would we gain? Thunderwing speaks the truth. He wishes to rule, not to ruin."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Hahahahahaha! Do you take me a fool Lord Thunderwing of Valckasta? An uneducated simpleton like most of those following you? No one controls Chaos!" Scorponok laughed while staring down at Thunderwing.

"It is Chaos that controls you... and Unicron is the very essence of it. It corrupts even the most noble of us... I saw how the twisted essence of Primus controlled you once. Before I died first time under the wrath of Unicron... Do not make the same mistake again. Overcome your pride a get rid of Chaos while you still can and I will help you to conquer... For I will not help Chaos by my free will." Scorponok boomed, his optics flashing... illuminating the area with bloodred light for blink.

Then Scorponok's optics seemed to focus on the Quintesson that had spoken to him. "I do not know your motives Quint. But there must be something behind this... you are too intelligent to ally with Chaos. I may not know your race well but there is no question about one thing. The word of a Quintesson cannot be trusted."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"That makes two of us", Apeface muttered.

"Shaddup!", Thrust said, smacking Apeface across the head. "Don't let him hear you!"