[Original RPG] Divided Loyalties - C3 : The First Strike (Rodimus Convoy)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Grimlock stood solemn, the carnage was not what he wanted, despite his warrior's heart, this devastation was un-neccessary.

"Rodimus right, you not autobot, you got more in common with Quintessons, mindless destruction. You not welcome here, me Grimlock suggest you leave before you forced to."

Grimlock brandished his rocket launcher, motioning for the two factory workers to seek cover, in case these new robots were stupid enough to confront the two autobot powers.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

The depot officials carefully moved out from between the two parties and watched a few feet away per Grimlock's body language to take cover.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Scattershot, having landed and transformed, folded his arms over his chest; his acid pellet rifle jutted above his shoulder. Strafe and Nosecone hurried along in their task of loading the energon into Air Raid and Fireflight. Scattershot simply watched, supervising, and made a conscious resolution to not acknowledge the presence of the unfamiliar members. For now, at least.

"I wonder where Lightspeed is," Nosecone pondered sluggishly.

"Ah, you know him," Strafe replied. "He's probably off polishin' himself in front of a mirror or somethin'."

Lightspeed was never known to do such things, of course. Strafe just likes talking.

I wasn't meant for a soldier's life. I mean, it's easy for them to brush it off and act like savages. They're all old hands at this, and the other Technobots are roughnecks.

Lightspeed walked along slowly, trying his best to dodge the scattered rubble left behind by his associates. It wasn't that the path was necessarily rough, but it is difficult to make it far quickly when one is gawking at every inch of terrain on each side...

Not me. I'm a thinker. Look at me - out here at some harmless warehouse, pillaging like a brute, when I should be in a laboratory working out equations. That's what I was made to do! I...

For a moment, there was optic contact. Or at least, there should have been. Those staring at Lightspeed from the ground were blackened, the nearby mouth screaming a silent plea for salvation. An arm stretched forth, nearly touching Lightspeed's foot. The corpse ended abruptly and jaggedly at the waist. Lightspeed was taken aback, but could momentarily not help staring.

I just don't know what to think. Nosecone was right, I suppose. I should have just quit while I had the chance. But I couldn't leave the Technobots to fight by themselves. They need me...

He looked up. Atop one of the lower buildings was a cylinder, a tower to cool energon for long-term storage, marked with a maroon Autobot symbol. It should have been red, of course, but blast marks scorched its once shining surface. The tower nodded back and forth loosely; all that suspended it was one cable remaining intact on its cradle. And then, as though it had been waiting for Lightspeed's attention to die, it broke. The tower crashed down onto the building and burst into flames. The roof collapsed, neatly containing the inferno, but the horror was not to be restrained.

No! I can't! All my life, I've been living for the Technobots. This and that, never any happiness because they need me. No more! So Rodimus didn't want this to happen. I know that. But... I just can't live alongside this brand of killers. I--

Lightspeed could not move. He looked at the ground, finding his leg ensnared in the desperate grip of a crippled worker. The two stared at each other silently for a moment. Lightspeed never realized that the other mech was, in fact, trying to stop him from surely robbing the plant with his friends. Lightspeed grunted painfully, and finally swooped down, took the worker in his arms, and dashed off.

"Don't worry, I'll get you outta here!"
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster now began to relay the message to Vortex and Blast-Off "Mission accomplished boys head home"
~~

Karandras watched the human 20th century space craft and heli-copter come in and scan.

"Hmmm" he said looking over everything else noticing one of the attacking Gestalt coming towards him, Crack. "Did they spot me? No probably not and even so only 1 would be no threat to deal with."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Nice work Lightspeed!" Vortex chortled as he flew away, "too bad you and your buddies didn't save some more of these guys before your crazy friends over there killed most of 'em! Hah, hah! Technobot losers!"

Blast Off silently chuckled to himself. The introspective Lightspeed-most of the Technobots really- were an excercise in caricature, spawned as the bastard children of Grimlock. Yet there they were, trying to make a difference amongst the chaos they caused. Blast Off suspected that a few of them had killed some workers simply by following orders. He laughed. The Autobots were pieces of work, in the truest sense.

"Acknowledged, Blaster," the shuttle replied to the message. Blast Off smoothly coasted on impulse power alone, arced back down, then flew the rest of the way on medium engine power back to Iacon.
Skyre
Protoform

Post by Skyre »

"Whoa, Grimlock, buddy," Skyre said calmly, even though his cardio-gyros were spinning out of control, "keep cool, man. No need to pull out the heavy artillery. We're all allies here working towards the same goal." Skyre's private channel buzzer started ringing.

"...Crack to Skyre, Crack to Skyre, do you read me, Skyre?" Crack's voice sounded over the comm. link.

"Roger that, Crack. Any news to report?" Skyre inquired.

"Sir, I have encountered an unknown contact. He's seen me, but I've not made audial contact, yet. Orders, sir?" Crack replied.

"Make neutral contact. Start no conflict but offer no friendship. Radio back with any new developments." Skyre ordered.

"Roger that, sir. Crack out," Crack replied.

Crack headed towards Kanandras. "State your name and business, in the name of the Strikebots," Crack said, almost like an official, "and be warned our wrath is swift and harsh."
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Karandras shook his head at the Autobot.

"From what I can tell the only thing your wrath is harsh too is civilians you idiot. Now why don't you run back to Rodimus down there cause unlike civilians I fight back and don't push over easy."

Karandras didn't speed up or slow down just kept slowly moving in circles scanning the destroyed area over. "Well they know I am here now" Karandras muttered.
~~

Bluestreak turned around "Wonder where Prowl went" he asked allowed. He hadn't seen him since Skywarp came.

He spun around to face the console again still on from when the Aerialbots came with their friend. "Wonder where everyone went"
~~

Ratchet now finally had time to move out and get to the fallen Sky Lynx. He pressed the side of the door the damaged peice sliding up a kit with all the tools in his hand.

"Abnormally hot in here wond..... What in the name of Primus is that" He cried looking at the red bird within Skylynx.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Woken up by Ratchet's scream Blaze turns her head to the medic. "I was wondering when one of you boys would show up. My name is Blaze" she said in a friendly tone. "And you are?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"Rodimus to Air Raid, how's the loading coming on? As soon as it's complete, I want you two to head back to Metroplex with the energon. Grimlock and I will finish things up here."

He switched to another channel.

"That applies to your men also, Scattershot."

Rodimus started walking forwards, threatingly.
"I've told you before. We are no allies. Now leave, before I give Grimlock permission to tear you into little pieces."
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

"We're nearly done here," AirRaid commed back to Rodimus. He and Fireflight were sitting on the ground in jet modes while the others went about loading the energon into them. "A couple more minutes and we'll be on our way."

-----

Meanwhile, Silverbolt, Slingshot and Skydive were still circling overhead, keeping a close watch on the other Strikebots. "Slipstream, can you keep an eye on that one going sub-orbital?" Silverbolt commed the black starfighter.

"No worries," Slipstream commed back, "I'll make sure he doesn't get the drop on ya or anything." She ignited her thrusters and headed upwards at a steep angle, quickly gaining altitude. "Seems like our little friend has found someone else to bother for the moment, anyway," she commed back to Silverbolt, after spotting Crack heading towards Karandras. "I'll keep an eye on 'em both and let y'know if anything happens."
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

A screen on the upper left corner of the main one which was locked on to Crack flickered on and showed the approaching Slipstream.

"Two of them? How did I miss that radio for back-up?" he asked himself opening all channels he can access listening for transmissions.

Two verse one? This could be fun if things go my way He thought keeping check on where they both were according to his position.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

With the last two cubes loaded into Air Raid's hold, Strafe slapped the hatch shut with an enthusiastic shout. Nosecone methodically rubbed his hands together.

"All done, boss!" Strafe cried.

"Scattershot to Rodimus Convoy," the Technobot leader called. "Energon loading complete. Ready to move out on your order."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Rodimus nodded tersely. Despite being far from happy with the situation, they had what they came for.
"Acknowledged Scattershot. Autobots, prepare to return to Metroplex."

With the order given, he turned to Grimlock.

"Well old friend, we've done what we came to do. Now, we best go. Once we're in comms range, order Metroplex onto full alert. Just in case certain undesirables follow us back."

The rebel leader turned, and walked towards the entrance, when he nearly stumbled over something. He glanced down, and saw the body of one of the workers caught in the blasts of the rogue gestalt. Kneeling, he pressed the release catch on the fallen worker's chestplate. Inside, the spark was glowing a sickly purple colour, signifying an energon leak somewhere in the chest cavity. Rodimus's expert eye saw the problem in an instant, and he used his wrist lasers to weld the ruptured energon pipeline back together. Soon, the spark was once again shining normally.

Closing the chestplate, Rodimus picked up the fallen robot, and carried him easily over to the administrator, and laid him at his feet.

"One of your men. He's alive, but he needs time to recover. I'm deeply sorry about what came to pass here today."

Without another word, Rodimus turned, and transformed into vehicle mode.

"Autobots. Let's roll for home!"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

The administrator nodded slightly in return at Convoy's comment.

"Doesn't mean much now, but at least he said something," he muttered.

The supervisor crouched down to the fallen worker.

"Boss, that leader put this loader back together OK. We should start cleaning up."

"Yeah," the administrator nodded, "yeah. Let's start up on the cleaning operation."

And with that, the workers of Energon Depot Gamma slowly began to put the shattered facility together.
StoneCold Skywarp

"We didn't do what we set out, but end result the same. Stupid bots almost cost us our reputation as good guys..."

Grimlock transformed to his lumbering T-Rex mode and made for the exit of the compound.
Skyre
Protoform

Post by Skyre »

"But...but...Rodimus...I...never..." it was too late. Rodimus was out of audial range. "Roar! Start helping these workers clean this mess up. Salvage every last possible worker. I want this place to be back to normal as soon as possible. Boom, Blast, help Roar in whatever he needs, and keep your explosives away from this place. If a firecracker goes off in this place from now on I will PERSONALLY rip out your optics!"

I...didn't...how could I have done this?! What was I thinking?! I must make amends...

"Crack! What's your status?" commed Skyre on Strikebot private frequency.

"Well, sir, the contact is NOT friendly, but not hostile. I've also managed to pick up a little tag-along," said Crack as he gave a sharp glance towards Slipstream's general direction, "but no worries," he said now over general Autobot frequency, "I can handle her if she tries anything....funny. As for this Kanandras, I'm not sure what to think..."

"Tell that Kanandras guy you are too busy for his antics and make contact with Slipstream. Find out as much as you can about Kanandras and if necessary, destroy him," said Skyre coldly.

Great...more destruction on our part...

"ROAR! How are repairs coming along with the facility? Do I need to speak with the administrator?
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Karandras wasn't down this time he caught this transmission from Crack.

"Oooh gonna kill me eh? Well come on then make it quick I still have to find that one Decepticon and finish what we started"
Karandras stood up in the ship walking over to the equipment putting it on.

"Computer transform" Karandras said and the ship unfolded into the robot mode pulling the large gun that was on the roof of the ship now on the back of the robot, off the back and pulling it infront of him holding it upright as it changed into a scythe.

"Come on then you silly transformer come and get me, come and destroy me" the robot was now speaking, Karandras voice with
robotic overtone.

He spread his legs apart as he hovered in air grabbing the lower half of the scythe ready to strike.
Skyre
Protoform

Post by Skyre »

Crack took off like a rocket towards Slipstream. "Slipstream, come on. I know we've had our differences, but we need to cooperate on this one. This Kanandras guy is getting really testy. I can have reinforcements here in 5 minutes if need be. We GOTTA take this guy out, I mean, he's a Decepticon for the love of Primus!!!"
StoneCold Skywarp

Prowl rejoined Bluestreak in the Comms tower.

"Any word back yet from Rodimus?"

Prowl was slightly un-easy that there'd been no word from his commander.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Bluestreak looked back from the scanner to which he was just staring at not really watching.

"Ummm nope nothing yet, where did you go?" Bluestreak asked.
~~

"Oooo Reinforcements? Goody!" Karandras said with glee as he slowly moved after the Autobot gestalt member and Slipstream.

"A decepticon? Riiight see any insignias? Do you have a malfunction in your logics circuits or are you blessed with a lack of such circuits to begin with?" Karandras called to the fleeing transformer.